Inspiration

Warren Heath Photography

March 11, 2010

Do you know how long I’ve been wanting to sit down today and write a blog post? Literally all day and it’s 11 pm and well, better late than ever. So. How are you? How was your day? Mine is nearly over because remember I’m 6 hours ahead of the east coast now, but my day was good overall. I have some exciting plans in the works and I should be able to make a formal announcement soon — but both are things that I think will benefit you in some way so no… I’m not pregnant and no, I’m not moving though I’m still hoping I find an apartment. I’m still looking, I “drive by” the big craigslist equivalent over here at least 4,000 times a day — I’m obsessed! I find myself in the shower looking forward to whether or not any new property will hit that dang website by the time I’m back at my desk. Lame! But it’s still fun!

Warren Heath Photography

Okay so let’s look at some inspiring rooms for a moment, shall we? I thought we’d step into the world of Warren Heath. I found out about him because my friend Tine sent me this great bedroom photo and I asked her to tell me where it came from and she said she thought it was someone named Warren Heath. I googled him and found his website and there was the photo. Stunning! Then I noticed in google that my friend Emma wrote about Warren recently too after she found him in a copy of a design mag she was flipping through. Emma pretty much shared his entire portfolio here so I steal her thunder, but I will share a few of my personal favorites from his portfolio that really speak to me.

Warren Heath Photography

Warren Heath Photography

Warren Heath is represented by South African agency Frank Features and his work has appeared in top design magazines such as Elle Decoration. Definitely a photographer whom I’d love to observe in action, I imagine on his shoots he really takes a lot of patience as it’s obvious from the natural lighting that he really waits for the right moment to capture it in order to convey the mood he’s setting… And these locations, wow — I look at them and wonder why I’m not living in Australia, Cape Town or L.A. as this entire coastal aesthetic really speaks to me and I like all of the clean, modern lines. And by the way, how cute is that Blythe portrait? (images: warren heath)

14 Comments

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente March 11, 2010 at 7:16 pm

These are wonderful….but, my absolute favorite is that polaroid heart installation….so fabulous!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..the little things: black & lace =-.

• Reply PureModLife March 12, 2010 at 12:09 am

LOVE the outdoor area in the 1st pic, clean & totally inspiring..definitely would have morning espresso there….ahh & of course my laptop

• Reply Monica March 12, 2010 at 3:21 am

I love these! There is a real sense of life in the spaces he depicts.

• Reply Kim Gray March 12, 2010 at 7:01 am

So nice to see South African Photographers feature abroad. Lovely post.

• Reply Amanda Joy March 12, 2010 at 10:30 am

Does anyone know where that fabric is from???? (third photo from the bottom). I’ve seen it before and I absolutely LOVE it.

// Amanda Joy

• Reply Ana March 12, 2010 at 11:13 am

The heart picture shape is soooo cute!
    L O V E

xx,
    A.
    .-= Ana´s last blog ..my new boots! =-.

• Reply CasaCullen March 12, 2010 at 3:41 pm

his photography ROCKS! these images blow my mind!
    i love the blown up doll pic behind the sweet lil’ girl…
    and all the white is SO my style! bravo

• Reply jenna @ mi vida bonita March 12, 2010 at 5:14 pm

His work is GREAT!
    .-= jenna @ mi vida bonita´s last blog ..*GIVEAWAY WINNER =-.

• Reply Winter March 13, 2010 at 9:48 am

I always appreciate your comments on imagining the future-

• Reply Clair March 13, 2010 at 11:45 am

Great photographer! Amanda Joy – the wallpaper is Orla Kiely Flower Blossom.

• Reply Tina March 13, 2010 at 12:18 pm

I LOVE the heart collage! That’s such a great idea
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..It’s Friday Already! =-.

• Reply Vicki March 21, 2010 at 11:28 am

I’m THRILLED you’ve featured Warren who happens to be one of our most talented (and humble) photographers here in sunny South Africa! A Durban born surfer boy, Warren and I started our careers pretty much at the same time and I have shot with him on many occasions and sometimes in foreign locations too. He is a joy to work with, never gets flustered and puts people at ease from the get go. Just two weeks ago I worked with him after a long break from magazine styling and once again i was reminded of his ability to turn potentially blah scenarios into brilliant ones…a big yay for your shout out!! V xx

• Reply Davey J April 5, 2010 at 10:12 pm

The first picture reminded me of a little Zen garden with the white pebbles and cactus…. I also liked the Koi pond below.

• Reply Alexandra February 15, 2012 at 7:25 am

I’ve also worked with Warren so kudos to you for featuring a very talented photographer! x