Present & Correct

Present & Correct always has something to love with all their retro fabulousness. I love the idea of using vintage lunch trays as desk organizers — I remember those things so clearly and how we had pink ones at our school. What color were your school lunch trays?

Present & Correct

I also remember how insane my classmates were about pizza day. And it’s funny because years later I had this déjà vu moment at work when a colleague came over to my desk and said, “Hey Hols, it’s buffalo chicken wrap day, we’ve gotta get over to the caf before they sell out”. I remember feeling like I was 10 years old again on pizza day. Funny how the more things change the more they stay the same, isn’t it?

(photos: present & correct)

Posted by decor8 in shopping on March 15, 2010

1. Shanon commented
    March 15th, 2010 at 5:23pm

How fun! Really friendly and relateable merch shots.

I want to say in highschool our trays were brown, but then again, I rarely ate lunch in highschool. Such a bad idea, but I think it had more to do with lunch room seating politics than avoiding food.
    The grade school I went to had blue plates. So fun to think about!
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..Sunshiny Day =-.

2. julia commented
    March 15th, 2010 at 5:35pm

That bright yellow tray is awesome! I want one. Hopefully since it’s so bright I’d be able to find it easily when my desk becomes, inevitably taken over by thing I’m going to put away “in a minute”
    .-= julia´s last blog ..A wonderland of labyrinths and stories that never end. =-.

3. Cindy commented
    March 15th, 2010 at 5:36pm

How cute and nostalgic! I remember my school lunch trays were light green and light pink. Haha. :)
    .-= Cindy´s last blog ..Colorfully Fun Kate Spade =-.

4. natalyn commented
    March 15th, 2010 at 6:10pm

I love all of this. I have a real soft spot for things that take me back to my own school days in some way.
    .-= natalyn´s last blog ..inspiration. =-.

5. Lisa Golightly commented
    March 15th, 2010 at 7:16pm

we call our daughter ‘Hols’ as a nickname as well!

6. Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas commented
    March 15th, 2010 at 9:15pm

I always had to bring my lunch, so I don’t remember. But I am positive they were not as cool as these ones you are showcasing today ; ).
    .-= Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas´s last blog ..Lovely Las Vegas: Spring Blooms =-.

7. Tod commented
    March 16th, 2010 at 12:15am

These are great! I totally want one. Makes me so nostalgic for the good old days!
    .-= Tod´s last blog ..Etsy Update! =-.

8. juliette commented
    March 16th, 2010 at 3:50am

your lunch tray comments – ha! we had lt blue, lt green, and beige. I was always disappointed when I got a beige tray! and pizza day…ah yes. I also loved BBQ day (pulled pork, yes, i grew up in NC, lol). =)
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Miniature Worlds: Handcrafting for little people =-.

9. Amie McCracken commented
    March 16th, 2010 at 4:25am

Dang, I just saw some old lunch trays for sale. Wish I had thought of that idea!
    .-= Amie McCracken´s last blog ..Word of the Week =-.

10. White Cabana commented
    March 16th, 2010 at 7:03am

Fabulous idea! It’s such a great way to gather all those odds and ends on your desk and elsewhere. By the phone, in the bathroom, jewelry. Great!
    -Jordana
    .-= White Cabana´s last blog ..Wake up to this Alarm Clock =-.

11. lovestuffs commented
    March 16th, 2010 at 8:04am

love its color!

12. Bee commented
    March 16th, 2010 at 12:18pm

That is too funny! I remember how crazy people got about pizza day too! My friends would run to the cafeteria and honestly, it was really bad pizza tee hee
    .-= Bee´s last blog ..Thank you and Hello! =-.