Angela Adams: New Hand-Woven Rugs

March 16, 2010

Design rock star Angela Adams just rolled out her new collection of hand-woven wool rugs. I’m a flat weave rug girl myself so these geometric patterns in a flat weave construction look pretty good to me.

Angela Adams: New Hand Woven Rugs

There are 3 in this collection, shown above is the Nectar in Dandelion (my favorite) and also the Ruthie Seaglass which would be beautiful in a house by the sea with lots of natural wood accents and some turquoise lamps with crisp white shades. I see the Nectar in a hallway against hardwood floors. That would be a nice rug to greet guests. There is also the Zag rug, not shown but you may view it here.

“Nectar is a modern checkerboard pattern that is inspired by the birds that are busy during sunny summer days while the Ruthie pattern pays tribute to Angela’s mother with a modern home-spun vibe.”

Details: Hand-woven of 100% New Zealand wool, available in 5 sizes: 3×5′, 2.5×8′, 5×8′, 8×10′ and 9×12′ and prices range from $349–$1,950.

(images: angela adams)

You Might Also Like

• Reply natalyn March 16, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Oh wow. These are beautiful. I really love her patterns.
    .-= natalyn´s last blog ..inspiration. =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente March 16, 2010 at 5:53 pm

God , those are gorgeous….she is a rock star, isn’t she? :)
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Inspiration: blogging it forward =-.

• Reply Lucy March 16, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Those are AMAZING! Wow, wow, wow! i’m also a huge fan of flat woven rugs. I am looking for a rug right now– I wish I could afford one of those babies! Any ideas on where I could get a large rug (8x10ish) on a budget– flat woven rug?

• Reply Cheryl March 16, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Like how you convey your “vision” for each of these rugs — helps to see an item in a place (the literal picture/photo) but also is immensely helpful for me to know how you see each rug working in a given room and space.

• Reply Tod March 16, 2010 at 6:33 pm

how amazing are those?! i want the yellow and grey one… please…
    .-= Tod´s last blog ..Etsy Update! =-.

• Reply jen March 16, 2010 at 6:36 pm

shut up! i have loved Angela forever but that beige yellow rug is bonkers! i mean how could she get any better?
    .-= jen´s last blog ..Hello Spring- EmersonMade =-.

• Reply Lisa Pinehill March 16, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Wow, they are very pretty! I love these patterns.

• Reply Irene March 16, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Love the Nectar and the Ruthie… it will definitely sparks up the whole place immediately! :)
    .-= Irene´s last blog ..Challenge Day 66 & 67 – Baking for Social =-.

• Reply holly March 16, 2010 at 8:24 pm

I love angela adams! We used to carry her in our retail store and although it was a little edgy for our look – I was a big fan! People always ooh’d and aaahhhh’d at them. I love the nectar as shown and love the geometric designs with a new perspective!!

.-= holly´s last blog ..vintage whimsical horse one of a kind made in italy marked 6315 =-.

• Reply heather smith jones March 16, 2010 at 9:30 pm

Such a beautiful color palette!

• Reply Brooke H March 16, 2010 at 10:40 pm

These rugs are so fresh looking! I love them. Just wish they were a little more affordable.
    .-= Brooke H´s last blog ..Tuesday Tip: Mouth =-.

• Reply Rachel March 17, 2010 at 1:14 am

oh i love the Nectar!
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Free People Photoshoot in Prague =-.

• Reply mijk March 17, 2010 at 1:56 am

They are lvoely. I love this style but with all the running around kids and dogs here we need amuch heavier rug that won’t curl up in a mess after the kids chased the dog or viceversa…
    .-= mijk´s last blog ..she wondered =-.

• Reply Cyma March 17, 2010 at 5:29 am

Wow these are gorgeous, beautiful patterns and stunning colours!
    .-= Cyma´s last blog ..Three Men and a Lady! =-.

• Reply Sharon March 17, 2010 at 5:45 am

Those patterns are so eye catching, and those wall pictures are a master piece!

• Reply Julia March 17, 2010 at 8:20 am

I just love these! I’ve really been trying to decorate more with these kind of mod/retro accents. Makes me smile just to look at them. :)
    .-= Julia´s last blog ..Lonesome =-.

• Reply tasha roe March 17, 2010 at 8:39 am

those rugs make me want to redecorate my house!
    .-= tasha roe´s last blog ..Chalkboard paint – oooo lala!!! =-.

• Reply Jennifer March 19, 2010 at 9:21 am

I love, love, love these rugs! They are wonderful….now I’m just racking my brain to figure out what project is worthy of using one of the works of art! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply A Merry Mishap March 20, 2010 at 1:30 pm

The yellow and beige one is perfect!!
    .-= A Merry Mishap´s last blog ..official =-.

• Reply Seane September 27, 2010 at 10:39 am

Hand woven rugs are so versatile. They often can be hand cleaned and being light weight can be rolled up and stored for a seasonal change. I do like the large green pattern of the one in these pictures. Great site too!

• Reply Cliff Matthew September 27, 2010 at 10:07 pm

I’ve never seen rugs like those before. The one sure does brighten up the room. I like the pattern of both of those rugs.