uncategorized

Daisy Home

March 23, 2010

I’m really liking these retro storage boxes and desk accessories from Danish fashion and home label Daisy Home in Copenhagen. I found them on Box de Lux online and though I have no clue if I can even order them or not, I still take inspiration simply by seeing them because it gives me ideas as to fresh ways to use vintage wallpaper and fabric to brighten up the home – even as lampshades!

Daisy Home

This is precisely why I love to see design from all parts of the world — it’s inspiring to travel from my chair here in my home office to various parts of the world to see what people are making and how others are using these products in their home. These storage boxes would be lovely for an entryway for shoes and keys or on a bookcase to tuck away things that you may not want on display.

Makes you think twice the next time you’re at a flea market and spot rolls of vintage wallpaper, right?

(images: daisy home)

16 Comments

• Reply Traveling Mama March 23, 2010 at 7:33 am

Well said! If we were expected to buy one of everything you show us here none of us would have any money left! What I love so much about what you bring us here at Decor8 is the variety of places and things. There is so much to be gained by simply being inspired! {hugs}
    .-= Traveling Mama´s last blog ..just {me} =-.

• Reply Jane @ The Borrowed Abode March 23, 2010 at 7:42 am

You’re right, these are seriously awesome!
    .-= Jane @ The Borrowed Abode´s last blog ..Furnishing the abode, alfresco style =-.

• Reply pilgrim March 23, 2010 at 7:47 am

droooooooooooooooooooool!! holly what are you doing to me! i think i need one of each. in every room!
    .-= pilgrim´s last blog ..book pile: the grateful crane =-.

• Reply Indie Mom and the Reluctant Banker March 23, 2010 at 8:35 am

Oh, these look so great! I can’t think of a room in my home that couldn’t use a couple of these boxes.
    .-= Indie Mom and the Reluctant Banker´s last blog ..A Single Man =-.

• Reply Brigitte March 23, 2010 at 9:39 am

I always wonder who the lucky ducks are that find fabric and wallpaper at flea markets. ;) I must be going to the wrong spots!
    .-= Brigitte´s last blog ..Lazy Days and Miscellanea =-.

• Reply Trish March 23, 2010 at 11:21 am

i love the green and purple and brown boxes on the first image. how lovely!
    .-= Trish´s last blog ..ljósið =-.

• Reply juliette March 23, 2010 at 12:24 pm

i’m into all things Danish right now – plotting and planning our summer trip – so I will keep my eye out for some of their things when we go up there!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Roadtrip 2010: dream of Copenhagen =-.

• Reply Allan March 23, 2010 at 2:05 pm

They are a bit girly; however, I just wanted to let you know that they do actually ship outside Denmark. They determine the price after weight – and may I just remind you that the Danish postage is quite expensive, but then again, how much can a small box weigh?

• Reply amcreatives March 23, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Question: the really cute acrylic earring trees in the background- where do I find those? How adorable!!!

• Reply Bloggerella March 23, 2010 at 4:54 pm

amcreatives – I think the acrylic trees are by Danish brand Daisy as well as the boxes. They did some acrylic christmas decorations that you can see (and buy) here http://www.daisy-home.dk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=74

• Reply chelsea March 23, 2010 at 5:53 pm

wow! I actually just got on here to also say that I love those acrylic earring trees also!! me likey!
    .-= chelsea´s last blog ..i HEART Thursdays – this one’s for you =-.

• Reply Punctuation Mark March 24, 2010 at 9:29 am

Love the colors and the prints… super cute!
    .-= Punctuation Mark´s last blog ..Walking Around Old Town – Part 1 =-.

• Reply Jolette March 24, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Wow, these are really colourful and used in such a creative way. I’ve always been a sucker for patterned papers – I’m a scrapbooking fanatic and I’m forever buying giftwrap I don’t need!
    .-= Jolette´s last blog ..Feel free to judge these books by their covers =-.

• Reply moon March 25, 2010 at 3:31 pm

wow so colorful & warmy >>> thx
    .-= moon´s last blog ..only Dolce and Gabbana can do this =-.

• Reply Jenny March 25, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Hello I am so delighted I found your blog, I really found you by mistake, while I was looking on Yahoo for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a tremendous things and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the color of the boxes), I don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the great work.

• Reply Katie March 25, 2010 at 6:47 pm

Everyone could use a little more organization in their lives!! What a darling way to keep it together!!!