A New Week!

Welcome to a new week of decorating ideas and eye candy! Before we get started, how was your weekend? Did you accomplish all you had hoped and more? I hit the flea market and found a few pretty things, and I bought some new inline skates and a tennis racket for Spring! I did a bit of organizing but ended up spending so much time outside of the house that I didn’t quite accomplish all I had hoped to indoors. Oh well. I guess I will just to have chip away at it again in the week to come! I found these beautiful images this morning on the Die Frau im Haus blog that I thought were just lovely — I love the entryway of this blogger who lives in Vienna. It’s quite nice, don’t you think? A nice “welcome” to a new week, too!

Haus Frau

I also like this nook in her kitchen, she shows it before and then after some rearranging below. Aren’t her tiled floors a dream?

Haus Frau

And finally, I love this shop tour of Mutterland in Hamburg. Hamburg is just an hour from me so I have to go to this shop when I’m there in May to see Sia with my friends.

So friends, welcome to a new week — things to do, places to see and inspiration to be found!

(images: Die Frau im Haus)

Posted by decor8 in blogs on March 29, 2010

1. Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 6:04am

Have a great week, Holly! Thanks for inspiration! xoxo
    .-= Ludmila {CreamyLife.com}´s last blog ..Eye-candy of New York Interiors =-.

2. Iva commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 6:15am

Is that a sewing table in the first picture? It is gorgeous!! I also find very interesting the three colours of the wall – I haven’t seen this before. Definitely a home worth sharing, thanks! :)
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..The Lovely Blogger List =-.

3. Ms Pink commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 6:17am

I love the mirror in the entry! Such a fan of your blog, thanks for the inspiration.

mp
    .-= Ms Pink´s last blog ..Good Morning. =-.

4. Stephanie @ Geezees commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 6:32am

Had a great weekend with the family.
    Love the entry way and the kitchen nook in those inspirational pics!
    Great post!
    .-= Stephanie @ Geezees´s last blog ..Honoring the Fallen, Tribute Art for fallen soldiers =-.

5. Elena @ the white picket fence commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 6:36am

I bought a tennis racket this weekend too! Spring is in the air! No I did not get nearly enough accomplished this weekend and I hope I don’t get the Monday overwhelming feeling soon because of it! Gorgeous home entryway!!
    xo Elena

6. sarah commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 6:39am

Hi there! good weekend thanks – at least it was nice enough weather to be outdoors :) Just wondering if anyone knows the name of the yellow flowers in the 2nd image? Also, are they the kind of flowers that can be dried – would they look good still?

7. frauheuberg commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 6:42am

Oh Holly, i wrote about “mutterland” in a post few months ago on our blog. It´s a lovley shop and cafe. And i want to visit it also, when i will be mabye someday in Hamburg. Wonderful pictures…Thanks for sharing…Have a great week before eastern…a big hug…;)…
    .-= frauheuberg´s last blog ..Playtime with Tas-ka on the weekend… =-.

8. ThiliBlooms commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 7:04am

I love the mirror on the first pic.. so beautiful :)
    .-= ThiliBlooms´s last blog .. =-.

9. Amie McCracken commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 7:15am

The wall in the first picture is great. I’ve done chair rails before, but never two! Cool idea to keep in mind.
    .-= Amie McCracken´s last blog ..Word of the Week =-.

10. Heidi Mendoza commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 7:32am

I love the plants and flowers on the stairs. How cute!
    .-= Heidi Mendoza´s last blog ..The 6th Annual paperfashion show =-.

11. Die Frau im Haus commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 8:34am

@ Holly. Oh, thank you!

@ Iva. Yes, it is. And the sewing machine is still in there, but the table is locked. I`ve never seen the machine. Maybe I should give another try?

@ Sarah. It`s a mimosa. (Learned that 4 days ago.) Tomorrow I`ll share more photos.
    .-= Die Frau im Haus´s last blog ..PFANDLEIHE =-.

12. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 8:34am

Oh, how beautiful! I love her entryway with all of those beautiful arrangements…and I always love a good before & after.:) It sounds like you had a great weekend, nevermind those pesky indoor things! :) I am so excited for you that you are going to see Sia! I adore her…have a fantastic week hun and I hope your apt hunt goes well today!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Monday: Inspired by Geninne =-.

13. Gosia Maj commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 8:46am

The three-tone wall is such a clever idea and with the checkered floor, oh so lovely. Thanks for getting my brain reeling again this morning.
    .-= Gosia Maj´s last blog ..Picture a Day: Colours of Spring =-.

14. // Sarah commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 9:12am

Such fresh, beautiful images… perfect way to start this Monday morning :)

15. Fallon commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 9:30am

The tiled floor is my dream flooring! Love her little kitchen nook
    .-= Fallon´s last blog ..A Shop To Fancy – candytree =-.

16. Sharon commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 9:48am

You have inspired me to buy inline skates again. I too, sold mine long ago. My daughter is probably too young to learn to skate yet (3 3/4 yrs old) but she could ride her bike and I could skate. Skating is the best exercise!

17. Karen commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 11:39am

Let me know if you need any more Hamburg-tipps for your trip! I can reccomend many cafés and stores!

18. Laura Gaskill commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 2:26pm

What a nice way to start the week, Holly! I have to say, I took your words to heart on Friday and even though I had a busy, busy weekend, I still made a point to have fun, and I feel so much better today because of it!

And the entryway shots above are so inspiring, I am pulling these into my own style file. Happy Monday!
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..Lisbeth Dahl {Denmark} =-.

19. Penny Patten commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 2:36pm

I really like the entry way, and the plants a long the stairs, just lovely!

20. Margarida commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 6:39pm

My eyes and mind focused on the kitchen. It looks really lovely and I cannot decide whic version I like the best :-)
    .-= Margarida´s last blog ..Estou de greve # I’m on strike =-.

21. Emma commented
    March 29th, 2010 at 8:42pm

The entryway will all those beautiful plants is stunning. Does it always look like this? Also, love the before and after. It’s amazing what a collection of white ceramics can do!
    .-= Emma´s last blog ..Cast your vote – dining chairs =-.

22. Mannigan Edwards commented
    March 30th, 2010 at 2:17am

Antique, yet colorful. I really enjoyed it. Great set of pics and thanks for sharing it.

23. Monike commented
    March 30th, 2010 at 10:26pm

The colors look so fresh and clean.