Die Frau im Haus Blog

March 29, 2010

Welcome to a new week of decorating ideas and eye candy! Before we get started, how was your weekend? Did you accomplish all you had hoped and more? I hit the flea market and found a few pretty things, and I bought some new inline skates and a tennis racket for Spring! I did a bit of organizing but ended up spending so much time outside of the house that I didn’t quite accomplish all I had hoped to indoors. Oh well. I guess I will just to have chip away at it again in the week to come! I found these beautiful images this morning on the Die Frau im Haus blog that I thought were just lovely — I love the entryway of this blogger who lives in Vienna. It’s quite nice, don’t you think? A nice “welcome” to a new week, too!

Die Frau im Haus Blog

I also like this nook in her kitchen, she shows it before and then after some rearranging below. Aren’t her tiled floors a dream?

Die Frau im Haus Blog

And finally, I love this shop tour of Mutterland in Hamburg. Hamburg is just an hour from me so I have to go to this shop when I’m there in May to see Sia with my friends.

So friends, welcome to a new week — things to do, places to see and inspiration to be found!

(images: Die Frau im Haus)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Ludmila {} March 29, 2010 at 6:04 am

Have a great week, Holly! Thanks for inspiration! xoxo
    .-= Ludmila {}´s last blog ..Eye-candy of New York Interiors =-.

• Reply Iva March 29, 2010 at 6:15 am

Is that a sewing table in the first picture? It is gorgeous!! I also find very interesting the three colours of the wall – I haven’t seen this before. Definitely a home worth sharing, thanks! :)
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..The Lovely Blogger List =-.

• Reply Ms Pink March 29, 2010 at 6:17 am

I love the mirror in the entry! Such a fan of your blog, thanks for the inspiration.

.-= Ms Pink´s last blog ..Good Morning. =-.

• Reply Stephanie @ Geezees March 29, 2010 at 6:32 am

Had a great weekend with the family.
    Love the entry way and the kitchen nook in those inspirational pics!
    Great post!
    .-= Stephanie @ Geezees´s last blog ..Honoring the Fallen, Tribute Art for fallen soldiers =-.

• Reply Elena @ the white picket fence March 29, 2010 at 6:36 am

I bought a tennis racket this weekend too! Spring is in the air! No I did not get nearly enough accomplished this weekend and I hope I don’t get the Monday overwhelming feeling soon because of it! Gorgeous home entryway!!
    xo Elena

• Reply sarah March 29, 2010 at 6:39 am

Hi there! good weekend thanks – at least it was nice enough weather to be outdoors :) Just wondering if anyone knows the name of the yellow flowers in the 2nd image? Also, are they the kind of flowers that can be dried – would they look good still?

• Reply frauheuberg March 29, 2010 at 6:42 am

Oh Holly, i wrote about “mutterland” in a post few months ago on our blog. It´s a lovley shop and cafe. And i want to visit it also, when i will be mabye someday in Hamburg. Wonderful pictures…Thanks for sharing…Have a great week before eastern…a big hug…;)…
    .-= frauheuberg´s last blog ..Playtime with Tas-ka on the weekend… =-.

• Reply ThiliBlooms March 29, 2010 at 7:04 am

I love the mirror on the first pic.. so beautiful :)
    .-= ThiliBlooms´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply Amie McCracken March 29, 2010 at 7:15 am

The wall in the first picture is great. I’ve done chair rails before, but never two! Cool idea to keep in mind.
    .-= Amie McCracken´s last blog ..Word of the Week =-.

• Reply Heidi Mendoza March 29, 2010 at 7:32 am

I love the plants and flowers on the stairs. How cute!
    .-= Heidi Mendoza´s last blog ..The 6th Annual paperfashion show =-.

• Reply Die Frau im Haus March 29, 2010 at 8:34 am

@ Holly. Oh, thank you!

@ Iva. Yes, it is. And the sewing machine is still in there, but the table is locked. I`ve never seen the machine. Maybe I should give another try?

@ Sarah. It`s a mimosa. (Learned that 4 days ago.) Tomorrow I`ll share more photos.
    .-= Die Frau im Haus´s last blog ..PFANDLEIHE =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente March 29, 2010 at 8:34 am

Oh, how beautiful! I love her entryway with all of those beautiful arrangements…and I always love a good before & after.:) It sounds like you had a great weekend, nevermind those pesky indoor things! :) I am so excited for you that you are going to see Sia! I adore her…have a fantastic week hun and I hope your apt hunt goes well today!
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Monday: Inspired by Geninne =-.

• Reply Gosia Maj March 29, 2010 at 8:46 am

The three-tone wall is such a clever idea and with the checkered floor, oh so lovely. Thanks for getting my brain reeling again this morning.
    .-= Gosia Maj´s last blog ..Picture a Day: Colours of Spring =-.

• Reply // Sarah March 29, 2010 at 9:12 am

Such fresh, beautiful images… perfect way to start this Monday morning :)

• Reply Fallon March 29, 2010 at 9:30 am

The tiled floor is my dream flooring! Love her little kitchen nook
    .-= Fallon´s last blog ..A Shop To Fancy – candytree =-.

• Reply Sharon March 29, 2010 at 9:48 am

You have inspired me to buy inline skates again. I too, sold mine long ago. My daughter is probably too young to learn to skate yet (3 3/4 yrs old) but she could ride her bike and I could skate. Skating is the best exercise!

• Reply Karen March 29, 2010 at 11:39 am

Let me know if you need any more Hamburg-tipps for your trip! I can reccomend many cafés and stores!

• Reply Laura Gaskill March 29, 2010 at 2:26 pm

What a nice way to start the week, Holly! I have to say, I took your words to heart on Friday and even though I had a busy, busy weekend, I still made a point to have fun, and I feel so much better today because of it!

And the entryway shots above are so inspiring, I am pulling these into my own style file. Happy Monday!
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..Lisbeth Dahl {Denmark} =-.

• Reply Penny Patten March 29, 2010 at 2:36 pm

I really like the entry way, and the plants a long the stairs, just lovely!

• Reply Margarida March 29, 2010 at 6:39 pm

My eyes and mind focused on the kitchen. It looks really lovely and I cannot decide whic version I like the best :-)
    .-= Margarida´s last blog ..Estou de greve # I’m on strike =-.

• Reply Emma March 29, 2010 at 8:42 pm

The entryway will all those beautiful plants is stunning. Does it always look like this? Also, love the before and after. It’s amazing what a collection of white ceramics can do!
    .-= Emma´s last blog ..Cast your vote – dining chairs =-.

• Reply Mannigan Edwards March 30, 2010 at 2:17 am

Antique, yet colorful. I really enjoyed it. Great set of pics and thanks for sharing it.

• Reply Monike March 30, 2010 at 10:26 pm

The colors look so fresh and clean.