Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Today you’ll find a slight red and blue focus, a little nautical and a little Scandinavian… and some very sweet scratch “save the date” cards and giant speech bubbles on a stick, too! Today is all about color, color, color and some cheeky fun.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Goldy Locks is a Danish-American designer who designs and makes party crafts by hand. She has a background in magazine publishing in the U.S. and recently relocated to Copenhagen to explore her Danish roots. Her work is available via downloadable PDF files in her etsy shop — small toppers for cupcakes or larger ones to hold in a photo, Goldy Locks is fun and fresh!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Suzanne Nicoll is an artist in Connecticut who runs a small design studio along with her husband. I imagine these mermaid prints would be so sweet in a child’s room, don’t you? Especially with bedding in sea tones and a sunny yellow ceramic lamp on the bedside table. Can you see that too?

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Samantha French is currently focused on painting swimmers both above and underwater. I can see these in a crisp blue, black and white bathroom with a black beaded chandelier. You can view more of her beautiful work here on her website.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Daniel and Valeria from the vintage shop Hindsvik live in a small town in Canada where they share their love of vintage wares through their sweet etsy shop. New items added weekly!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Scratch and save the date? Is this not the cutest idea in the world? Artist Leslie Hamer in Chicago is brilliant. See more in her shop, Unless Someone Like You

(images above linked to their source.)

Posted by decor8 in etsy, Etsy Take 5 Tuesday on April 06, 2010

1. Gem commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 2:20pm

Fantastic finds… I need one of those speech bubbles, I’d write ‘Don’t ask me, I’m designing’ in it tonight.

2. Meredith commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 2:57pm

I love Goldy Locks! What a fun shop!
    .-= Meredith´s last blog ..papa stour =-.

3. juliette commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 3:05pm

totally perfect. I’ve been online all evening working on our Scandinavian roadtrip plans, especially the ferries, and this is so up my alley right now! =)
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Roadtrip 2010: dream Stockholm =-.

4. Clare commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 3:30pm

Love all of these, they are oh so perfectly cute.

x

5. Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 3:59pm

Hindsvik is so so gorgeous and so much fun! Love it!
    .-= Ludmila {CreamyLife.com}´s last blog ..Normann-Copenhagen =-.

6. Ashley Yazzie commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 4:05pm

The scratch and save the date is such a unique idea. I loved that whole series. Thanks for sharing!

7. Chelsea commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 4:15pm

how do you do it? i just LOVE these posts, you always find amazing shops! thank you:)
    .-= Chelsea´s last blog ..my cool sister =-.

8. sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 4:23pm

Love your picks today Holly! So fresh + FUN! I just got back from the grocery store, and this thought popped in my head of everyone walking around with speech bubbles — “hey look, chocolate!” would be in mine :)
    .-= sideoats + scribbles (Lisa)´s last blog ..Paper Crafts Magazine Blog Hop! =-.

9. Natalie commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 4:34pm

Beautiful finds this week! I really loving Suzanne Nicoll’s work, the mermaids are precious and I can envision the child’s room you described so perfectly:)

10. Kim commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 5:36pm

Wow! I just saw Suzanne Nicoll’s mermaid prints (framed) on a home decor website this weekend for $110! Her Etsy prices are much more reasonable. They are indeed sweet-looking.

11. Patrizia commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 5:46pm

Fantastic! I love the Scratch and save the date cards the most!!!!
    .-= Patrizia´s last blog ..Fanny Pack =-.

12. Felicity commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 7:15pm

Samantha French’s work is pure heaven, thanks for the introduction!
    .-= Felicity´s last blog ..Yogurt Sundae =-.

13. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 7:55pm

Oh, these are all so sweet but, that little pink owl at the top? OMG. So frickin sweet! :) And I love Hindsvik’s shop, it is consistently awesome! :)
    Thanks hun!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Closer to home: The thrill of the hunt… =-.

14. Jeanne commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 8:06pm

Love the mermaids! :)
    .-= Jeanne´s last blog ..Happy Easter! =-.

15. Sandy commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 8:37pm

my friend did a scratch off invitation for her wedding RSVP cards! (yay!) and (boo) such a cute idea!
    .-= Sandy´s last blog ..Baby Pocket Bib and Burp Cloth =-.

16. dianna commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 9:21pm

Ahhh….what a happy bunch of goodies! Made me smile*!*
    .-= dianna´s last blog ..A colorful Easter =-.

17. monica from hola!design commented
    April 6th, 2010 at 9:39pm

beautiful! I specially like Unless someone like you….Great selection!
    .-= monica from hola!design´s last blog ..The Bryant Park ring =-.

18. Judith of Felicity Crew commented
    April 7th, 2010 at 1:54am

Fabulous finds! I am digging these deep thought bubbles :)
    .-= Judith of Felicity Crew´s last blog ..reserved listing for aek04cheer =-.

19. Rachel commented
    April 7th, 2010 at 7:31am

i love the save the date cards!
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Behind the Lens of: Rachel Ballard + 2 Giveaways =-.

20. Valentina commented
    April 7th, 2010 at 8:00am

I *REALLY* like Leslie’s work! I think is super ;)
    .-= Valentina´s last blog ..Feeling Productive =-.

21. Jennifer Pfeiffer commented
    April 7th, 2010 at 1:13pm

Hello,
    Sandra di Leonardo told me to check out your blog and I love it. Im glad she told me to. Hindsvik’s shop is adorable.

22. Stephanie commented
    April 7th, 2010 at 1:32pm

Love your picks this week Holly! Especially wonderful. Just bookmarked two shops you mentioned that I L-O-V-E!
    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..A Thoughtful Way to Recycle Letterpress Cards =-.

23. Jolette commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 1:59am

Those save the dates are genius! And available in such lovely colours, looks like. I’m on my way to her Etsy shop right now.
    .-= Jolette´s last blog ..And here’s to you, Mrs Robinson =-.

24. Melissa commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 9:21am

I love Samantha French’s work. We went to art school together and she always made beautiful work and she is such a great painter!