Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

April 6, 2010

Today you’ll find a slight red and blue focus, a little nautical and a little Scandinavian… and some very sweet scratch “save the date” cards and giant speech bubbles on a stick, too! Today is all about color, color, color and some cheeky fun.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Goldy Locks is a Danish-American designer who designs and makes party crafts by hand. She has a background in magazine publishing in the U.S. and recently relocated to Copenhagen to explore her Danish roots. Her work is available via downloadable PDF files in her etsy shop — small toppers for cupcakes or larger ones to hold in a photo, Goldy Locks is fun and fresh!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Suzanne Nicoll is an artist in Connecticut who runs a small design studio along with her husband. I imagine these mermaid prints would be so sweet in a child’s room, don’t you? Especially with bedding in sea tones and a sunny yellow ceramic lamp on the bedside table. Can you see that too?

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Samantha French is currently focused on painting swimmers both above and underwater. I can see these in a crisp blue, black and white bathroom with a black beaded chandelier. You can view more of her beautiful work here on her website.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Daniel and Valeria from the vintage shop Hindsvik live in a small town in Canada where they share their love of vintage wares through their sweet etsy shop. New items added weekly!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Scratch and save the date? Is this not the cutest idea in the world? Artist Leslie Hamer in Chicago is brilliant. See more in her shop, Unless Someone Like You

(images above linked to their source.)

• Reply Gem April 6, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Fantastic finds… I need one of those speech bubbles, I’d write ‘Don’t ask me, I’m designing’ in it tonight.

• Reply Meredith April 6, 2010 at 2:57 pm

I love Goldy Locks! What a fun shop!
    .-= Meredith´s last blog ..papa stour =-.

• Reply juliette April 6, 2010 at 3:05 pm

totally perfect. I’ve been online all evening working on our Scandinavian roadtrip plans, especially the ferries, and this is so up my alley right now! =)
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Roadtrip 2010: dream Stockholm =-.

• Reply Clare April 6, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Love all of these, they are oh so perfectly cute.

• Reply Ludmila {} April 6, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Hindsvik is so so gorgeous and so much fun! Love it!
    .-= Ludmila {}´s last blog ..Normann-Copenhagen =-.

• Reply Ashley Yazzie April 6, 2010 at 4:05 pm

The scratch and save the date is such a unique idea. I loved that whole series. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Chelsea April 6, 2010 at 4:15 pm

how do you do it? i just LOVE these posts, you always find amazing shops! thank you:)
    .-= Chelsea´s last blog cool sister =-.

• Reply sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) April 6, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Love your picks today Holly! So fresh + FUN! I just got back from the grocery store, and this thought popped in my head of everyone walking around with speech bubbles — “hey look, chocolate!” would be in mine :)
    .-= sideoats + scribbles (Lisa)´s last blog ..Paper Crafts Magazine Blog Hop! =-.

• Reply Natalie April 6, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Beautiful finds this week! I really loving Suzanne Nicoll’s work, the mermaids are precious and I can envision the child’s room you described so perfectly:)

• Reply Kim April 6, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Wow! I just saw Suzanne Nicoll’s mermaid prints (framed) on a home decor website this weekend for $110! Her Etsy prices are much more reasonable. They are indeed sweet-looking.

• Reply Patrizia April 6, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Fantastic! I love the Scratch and save the date cards the most!!!!
    .-= Patrizia´s last blog ..Fanny Pack =-.

• Reply Felicity April 6, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Samantha French’s work is pure heaven, thanks for the introduction!
    .-= Felicity´s last blog ..Yogurt Sundae =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente April 6, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Oh, these are all so sweet but, that little pink owl at the top? OMG. So frickin sweet! :) And I love Hindsvik’s shop, it is consistently awesome! :)
    Thanks hun!
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Closer to home: The thrill of the hunt… =-.

• Reply Jeanne April 6, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Love the mermaids! :)
    .-= Jeanne´s last blog ..Happy Easter! =-.

• Reply Sandy April 6, 2010 at 8:37 pm

my friend did a scratch off invitation for her wedding RSVP cards! (yay!) and (boo) such a cute idea!
    .-= Sandy´s last blog ..Baby Pocket Bib and Burp Cloth =-.

• Reply dianna April 6, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Ahhh….what a happy bunch of goodies! Made me smile*!*
    .-= dianna´s last blog ..A colorful Easter =-.

• Reply monica from hola!design April 6, 2010 at 9:39 pm

beautiful! I specially like Unless someone like you….Great selection!
    .-= monica from hola!design´s last blog ..The Bryant Park ring =-.

• Reply Judith of Felicity Crew April 7, 2010 at 1:54 am

Fabulous finds! I am digging these deep thought bubbles :)
    .-= Judith of Felicity Crew´s last blog ..reserved listing for aek04cheer =-.

• Reply Rachel April 7, 2010 at 7:31 am

i love the save the date cards!
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Behind the Lens of: Rachel Ballard + 2 Giveaways =-.

• Reply Valentina April 7, 2010 at 8:00 am

I *REALLY* like Leslie’s work! I think is super ;)
    .-= Valentina´s last blog ..Feeling Productive =-.

• Reply Jennifer Pfeiffer April 7, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Sandra di Leonardo told me to check out your blog and I love it. Im glad she told me to. Hindsvik’s shop is adorable.

• Reply Stephanie April 7, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Love your picks this week Holly! Especially wonderful. Just bookmarked two shops you mentioned that I L-O-V-E!
    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..A Thoughtful Way to Recycle Letterpress Cards =-.

• Reply Jolette April 8, 2010 at 1:59 am

Those save the dates are genius! And available in such lovely colours, looks like. I’m on my way to her Etsy shop right now.
    .-= Jolette´s last blog ..And here’s to you, Mrs Robinson =-.

• Reply Melissa April 8, 2010 at 9:21 am

I love Samantha French’s work. We went to art school together and she always made beautiful work and she is such a great painter!