Donna Wilson

Designer Donna Wilson in London is no stranger to this blog, I’ve talked about her work twice before (first in 2006!) though it’s been awhile… Let’s check in on this talented lady for a moment to see what she has been up, shall we? Yes, we shall. :)

Donna Wilson

Donna Wilson

Donna Wilson

Donna Wilson

Donna Wilson

Donna has lots of quirky home accessories in her collection but my favorites include the girl pillow, house blanket, trays, and most of all the hand painted pups! Playful, tactile, colorful… her work covers everything from art to knitted monsters and ceramics so I encourage you to check out her site as there is truly something for everyone. You can see more of her work in-situ along with some of the shows she has been in by following her blog, Leaves and Twigs.

(images: donna wilson)

Posted by decor8 in designers on April 08, 2010

1. noemozica commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 5:16am

I love her too!! She’s funny and brilliant!!
    .-= noemozica´s last blog ..Días de juegos, regalos y compañía =-.

2. iHanna commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 5:39am

I really like how you include both product pictures and in-progress and studio photos. I love her owl cup and pillow, so cute! :-)
    .-= iHanna´s last blog ..Easter came and went =-.

3. Will commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 6:06am

A very timely post, Holly, as Elle Decoration featured Donna’s as part of their A-Z of Style in their current issue. Lovely post, as usual!
    .-= Will´s last blog ..{Colour Inspiration: Black} =-.

4. Alison commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 6:23am

YES ! Her hand painted ceramic dogs are so unique and the story behind it is so interesting too and the facial pillows would brighten any room of the house, very very inspiring stuff there

5. Jeni commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 6:24am

Really cute stuff, very quirky! It has kind of a scandinavian twist. Love the pillows!
    .-= Jeni´s last blog ..Wednesday =-.

6. Nat commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 6:26am

I did not know Donna Wilson. A Huge Thank You for sharing again… this artistic discovery Holly :-) Now I love the talented Donna and particularly her work with porcelain…
    .-= Nat´s last blog ..Marcie by Chloé : Sac Chic XXL =-.

7. Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 6:34am

So nice the plate with the slice of orange, it’s just mouth-watering! Great post, Holly!

8. decor8 commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 6:40am

Will – So nice! I have to go to the train station to see if I can find that issue… It’s hit or miss here, sometimes they have it, sometimes not.

9. Natalie commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 7:45am

Lovely unique work – Donna has a distinctive handwriting at such an early stage in her career. Great to see.

10. Jackie commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 7:51am

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I love everything!

11. Katy commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 9:13am

I love Donna Wilson. I really like those dogs – b/c they remind me of these hideous dogs my mom inherited from her Aunt. She always hated them, but then found out they were worth a lot of money – and then started proudly displaying them in our house.

These are way cooler than those. It makes me want to go paint all over them!
    .-= Katy´s last blog ..Happy Easter – Bunny Prints. =-.

12. jamie ng commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 10:21am

Okay, you cannot help but smile when you see Donna Wilson’s creations!
    .-= jamie ng´s last blog ..Hand Painted One of a Kind Cottage Style Bench =-.

13. Lisa commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 1:05pm

I really love the cloud throw!
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Children’s Handmade Full Bib Apron- size 7-8 =-.

14. hena tayeb commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 2:17pm

i am in love.. in love with her trays, her pillows.. the plates.. great work.
    .-= hena tayeb´s last blog ..Poked and Prodded =-.

15. Golly Bard commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 3:57pm

I love the pups – whimsical versions of Staffordshire dogs!

16. Jolette commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 4:26pm

Oh yes we shall! Love that kurbitsy blue cushion, the cloudy bed and the breakfast gear. This woman is brilliant!
    .-= Jolette´s last blog ..And here’s to you, Mrs Robinson =-.

17. Lis commented
    April 9th, 2010 at 5:08am

Loving Donna Wilson, I’ve been coveting her cushions and throws in SCP for too long – I especially love the cutesy owl – x
    .-= Lis´s last blog ..Nice work Hugo Passos =-.

18. Pomeranza design ranch commented
    April 9th, 2010 at 7:12am

We are so in love with the Donna Wilson stuff. That´s the reason why we sell them in our store: the “Pomeranza design ranch” in Berlin, Prenzlauer Berg.
    We met Donna Wilson in winter in Paris – she is a really nice person.
    So if you like to meet her creatures like RUDI RACOON, MITTEN KITTEN, OSCAR DOG, RILL and RALF come to our store! We also have her cushions, small blankets and trays.
    Yee-Haw! Pomeranza!

19. Penny Patten commented
    April 9th, 2010 at 10:09am

Very sweet and wimsicla!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Family Collage =-.

20. Veronica commented
    April 10th, 2010 at 3:56am

Really like her “Make your own…” kits!

21. Naomi Writz commented
    July 12th, 2010 at 9:11am

Really love her stuff! Very light & whimsical! Is there a way to purchase online?