Mini Modern Dollhouse via The New York Times

I love me a good dollhouse but not always the Tudor or Victorian kind… so of course I jumped on this article today in the The New York Times and swooned over every bit of it because it’s all about modern mini furniture for dollhouse hobbyists. If you love the idea of a dollhouse filled with min modern design then this article and slideshow just may steal your heart…

miniature modern

If this intrigues you just a wee little bit (pun completely intended) then you can also view the Modern Miniatures group on Flickr or follow the blog Miniatures by Annina. Enjoy!

(image: David Azia for The New York Times)

Posted by decor8 in kids on April 08, 2010

1. Lori commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 6:27am

So cute! I wonder if they come in a large. :)
    .-= Lori´s last blog ..girl crush =-.

2. Down and Out Chic commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 7:16am

i have a weird fascination with miniatures of all kinds. this is fantastic! i will definitely check out the links.
    .-= Down and Out Chic´s last blog ..Gift Giving: Bacon Recipe Book =-.

3. House of Many Hues commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 7:20am

This is really cute! It looks somewhat like Ikea furniture!
    .-= House of Many Hues´s last blog ..Fire Glazed Ceramic Pots =-.

4. Diana commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 7:57am

If I were A little girl… :)
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..Made In Hungaria =-.

5. Sarah Sarniak commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 8:40am

I absolutely love mini things! (for some strange reason) For example, whenever we go to the camping store, I always HAVE to look at the miniature tents they have. I always want those instead of the big ones. I know, weird. But these are just so cute.
    .-= Sarah Sarniak´s last blog ..Getting New Baby Chicks =-.

6. Ulrike commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 8:48am

oh, what a lovely idea! these are perfect gifts for modern kids.

7. heidi commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 8:58am

Oh those are little works of art, how cute…
    .-= heidi´s last blog ..Creative Explosion part 1 =-.

8. Eliza commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 9:03am

awe…this post brings back memories of hours of time spent playing with my doll house and barbies. I loved my barbies!
    .-= Eliza´s last blog ..Sprouting =-.

9. Pretty My Drink commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 9:19am

I wish they had these when I was little- they are so adorable!
    .-= Pretty My Drink´s last blog ..Hand Painted Martini Glasses- Set of Two, Pink and Green Drip Design =-.

10. Aline Ioavasso commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 9:20am

So lovely! I want to be a barbie just now.
    .-= Aline Ioavasso´s last blog ..alineioavasso: To muito feliz depois da conversa maravilhosa que tive com a @Maay_ooi !!! :) amo <3 =-.

11. laurel commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 9:49am

these are amazing! i would put these in my house right now and i don’t even have kids – truly works of art!

12. johanna commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 10:01am

Holy heck! I’m pining for these mini furnishings HARD. WOW!

13. Sarah commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 10:26am

Ooh lovely! Thanks for the links!
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Garden and Egg Magic =-.

14. Artsy Fartsy commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 11:11am

Why does wee teeny = cute? I don’t know, but it is a scientific fact! Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Artsy Fartsy´s last blog ..AllModern $60 Giveaway! =-.

15. shellie commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 12:56pm

this is sooooooooo super cute! i love it!
    .-= shellie´s last blog ..Indoor Gardens and Morning Shadows =-.

16. Elle commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 1:54pm

These are adorable. I have NO idea what I’d do with them but somehow I want them anyway.
    .-= Elle´s last blog ..Blog name change =-.

17. katrina commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 2:35pm

omg. miniatures are my weakness… the cuteness is killing me!!
    .-= katrina´s last blog ..Free Clip Art: French Macarons =-.

18. jen commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 2:52pm

i own both pieces of this furniture in big size. classic.
    .-= jen´s last blog ..PicClick =-.

19. Cathie commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 5:08pm

Wow that is too cute for words. I would love to be a kid right now….

20. Juliet commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 7:14pm

Wow! I can’t believe these designs. They’re fabulous. I have a dollhouse that my grandfather made by hand, including all of the furniture. My mom and I had so much fun decorating (paint, wallpaper, rugs, artwork, etc.) together. Amazing how much has changed (and what hasn’t — the love of dollhouses!) in 20-some years! Thanks for sharing this.
    .-= Juliet´s last blog ..The Grass is Greener =-.

21. Amy commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 10:17pm

uh oh – i’m a huge fan of these – thank you for sharing them! growing up my grandmother (we called her nana) was so big into dollhouses. she had her own and more importantly a subscription to the most amazing magazine that featured miniatures. i would re-read these magazines again and again… she also had my grandpa (who we called papa lol) make myself and my cousins dollhouses. it’s something i’ve wanted to get into again and this just makes me want to more. this type of “furniture” could look really wonderful on my bookshelf!!
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..Out of Line =-.

22. kitty commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 11:19pm

adorable!! i have always loved tiny things, and about fell off my chair when i saw this. thank you so much for sharing! ;o)

23. Tod commented
    April 9th, 2010 at 1:01am

when i was a little girl i would put masking tape on the ground to make little floor plans for all my dolls. all this little furniture, though hindering my imagination, would have made the experience much sweeter!! thanks for the burst of nostalgia!!
    xoxo

24. cathie commented
    April 9th, 2010 at 1:05am

ohmy that is SO cute! we have an expedit ourselves. how cool would it be to have a mini expedit in one of the shelves of our expedit??

25. Tod commented
    April 9th, 2010 at 1:07am

when i was little i used put masking tape on my floor to make little floor plans for my houses. this furniture, though it might have hindered my imagination, would have made the experience that much sweeter! thanks for the burst of nostalgia!!
    xoxo

26. Carrie @ CarrieCan commented
    April 9th, 2010 at 2:53am

That is seriously to cute! Much better than Barbie’s hot pink furniture ;)
    .-= Carrie @ CarrieCan´s last blog ..A different kind of crate =-.

27. zoya commented
    April 9th, 2010 at 6:54am

kids gonna love this when they get it as a surprise!

28. Tammy Moore commented
    April 9th, 2010 at 9:15am

I am always drawn to mini things too! This is fabulous – thanks for sharing the article! My mom and daughter just started decorating a dollhouse together… I think they may need a modern room or two! ;)
    .-= Tammy Moore´s last blog ..I am not Bakerella =-.

29. Christy commented
    April 9th, 2010 at 9:42pm

Oh, thanks for sharing. I have a dollhouse that I started with my grandma when I was a little girl. We never finished it. It was recently uncovered, and I want to finish it in honor of her but I wanted to add a modern touch. Everything I found was way too traditional, or looked like it belonged in a Barbie house. So, thanks again for sharing the link. I can’t wait to get started.
    .-= Christy´s last blog ..Honeymoon Slippers LO =-.

30. Cheryn commented
    April 9th, 2010 at 10:33pm

WOOOOOWWWW~~!!
    That would be the COOLEST doll house EVER!!
    I wish I were 10 again!

Cheryn

31. lindsay commented
    April 10th, 2010 at 7:39am

So cute! my girls have a vintage Madelline doll house that my mother-in-law stocks with furniture and trimmings. They love it, but these goodies are more my style. I love the tiny purses in the bookshelf!
    .-= lindsay´s last blog ..Gone Weekending. =-.

32. Margelit commented
    May 2nd, 2010 at 6:14pm

I love the IKEA Expedit shelves!