Blik + DIY Decal Headboards

Good morning and happy Monday + new week to you! Let’s jump right in – head first – and get inspired by some decorating ideas shall we? What do you see when you try to imagine a vinyl wall decal of a headboard? Do you see something as cool as these from Blik? I personally love this idea but I may change things up though because it’s fun to customize and get creative! After checking out these images together I’ll give you some creative ideas on how to use them, below.

Blik

Decorating idea: Okay so I’m thinking that it would be really fun to buy one, install it, and then with a pencil trace around it and then remove it. Now you can handpaint, apply fabric or wallpaper or do whatever you would like now — you can use the vinyl as a giant stencil of sorts. You could also use Nessa in a pretty cool way — trace the outline very lightly (the inner edges not the outer) and remove the decal. Paint only the inner section of the silhouette in your favorite color or even wallpaper it in a fun pattern. Once everything is all set and dry, put the decal back up. Viola! Wouldn’t that be sweet?

Blik

Blik

Blik

All of the above photos show vinyl decals but you must know that all decals are available in a range of colors so if those shown down appeal to you then click here to see more. The Nessa in yellow is my favorite. What design appeals to you?

(images: blik)

Posted by decor8 in bedroom on April 12, 2010

1. Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 2:21am

I always loved wall decals, blogged about them couple times, but this headboard ideas are great! And I really can’t say which one appeals to me :)

2. Jessa commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 2:38am

hmmmm…. To be honest I’m not a huge fan of them, but I can sort of get behind the pink polka dot one. The yellow one’s cute as well. They are just not something I would personally want in my house. Maybe in a kids room U’d be more of a fan.
    .-= Jessa´s last blog ..I Love Lucy Goes To Ethiopia! =-.

3. Allison commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 2:46am

I love the idea of this, although I’m not sure it would actually work in my house. The midcentury gothic, I imagine would look fantastic behind a bed.

4. Brooke H commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 2:56am

Great find, I like the Nessa one too. It could be nice to get in white if you had cool gray walls. (or any color for that matter)

Home and Garden once had a headboard decal feature with some of the more unique looks! I had saved the link but it no longer works as H&G is no more. :(
    .-= Brooke H´s last blog ..Brunette Brides =-.

5. shalini commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 2:58am

I love all of them…such a nice clean feel to them.
    .-= shalini´s last blog ..Making a simpler move =-.

6. ishatr olivera commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 3:06am

Hi holly! happy Monday to you!
    I love the last one. The red. The bed linnen is really gorgeous too!!!!
    .-= ishatr olivera´s last blog ..Inspiration Monday =-.

7. Laura commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 3:44am

They wouldn’t be my first choice for a headboard but I love the last picture. It works really well with that gorgeous embroidered bed cover.
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..Textile Brooch – Winter Rose – Gray Pink Yellow =-.

8. Jules commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 3:57am

genius! I’ve been looking for something to work with our (cheapish) divan bed for ages now. Headboards seem to fusty, a feature wall too early noughties, and a mirror too well… hotel california! These are great – I just hope they deliver to the UK :)

9. Monika commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 3:58am

I love these pink dots and grey one the most. Great idea anyway. and your blog is awesome!!! :)
    .-= Monika´s last blog ..Zachmurzenie – Cloudiness =-.

10. House of Many Hues commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 4:24am

Because these decals are large, my worry would be applying it to the wall straight. Also, I do have a decal in my daughters room. My advise – be careful with flat paint walls. Any tiny bid of moisture in the sticker portion of the decals will show up later.
    .-= House of Many Hues´s last blog ..ABC Carpet & Home =-.

11. juliette commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 4:41am

I agree, the last one is my fave! I love that somebody’s actually doing this – so easy!

also, love your idea about using it as a template for a fabric decal – imagine if you bought an extra flat sheet of your bedding and used that? might be kind of fun in certain situations…
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Sewn: Pieced polka dot tablecloth and napkins =-.

12. Kaili commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 5:16am

What a cute idea! I love the last one the most. Ooh I’m tempted to try this one!
    .-= Kaili´s last blog ..Friendship =-.

13. diana commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 6:19am

First I thought yes! But looking at the pictures again (especially the last one with this gorgeous bedspread) I think I like the rooms more without the decals…The idea to use them like giant stencils sounds good though – makes it less “stickery” and more individual.

14. decor8 commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 6:22am

Diana that’s what I’m thinking to – customize!

15. Polly commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 6:49am

I love these! Such a great idea. They look creative as well as being easy and cheap. I like the idea of wallpapering the wall as well.
    I like the yellow and grey ones. The last one is fun. I’m not so keen on the spotty one xx
    .-= Polly´s last blog ..The Lovely Blogger List =-.

16. Etincelle commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 6:52am

Great idea!! unfortunately my bed comes with a headboard already… however what i am looking for at the moment is a kids friendly bed cover (my daughter likes “jumping on the bed”, our bed, that is). I absolutely LOVE the red one in the last picture… any idea where I could find something similar that doesn’t cost an arm and leg and is easy to maintain?
    .-= Etincelle´s last blog ..Mini Me Doll – Dahlia =-.

17. Kristi commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 7:14am

I got turned on to decals as soon as I saw them. In my area, college-aged people like myself often live in apartments or dorms where we aren’t allowed to paint or change the walls. These are great for adding a bit of interest to the standard egg shell white walls.

18. Post-College Working Girl commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 8:49am

I wrote about Blik and highlighted these headboards! I personally love them. My idea was to put the headboard up and paint the center of the yellow one in a contrasting color! Here is my post: http://eviesindependentliving.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-wasnt-planning-on-blogging-tonight.html !

19. katecollins commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 11:00am

I love these sticker decals. They are perfect for a guest room. Your favorite sticker is my favorite as well, go figure – I LOVE your style!

20. laura trevey commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 12:17pm

These are fun… I really like the last red rod-ironed one!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Bold Vision : Roseline ~ This is Glamorous =-.

21. Lisa commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 1:58pm

I think these decals are witty and funny, and they appeal to my don’t-take-decor-so-seriously side. I’m definitely going to check out Blik.

22. Tod commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 3:05pm

i REALLY love these!! its simple and fun and bright. i really like the idea of having fun with decorating my home and this hits the spot!! thanks for sharing! i am going to go and check out Blik right now =)
    xoxo
    tod
    .-= Tod´s last blog ..Olympia Le-Tan =-.

23. Meghan commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 4:45pm

I really like the red Blik one! They are all really cute though!

24. Jo commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 10:03pm

This is soooo cool! I really love these. I have fallen in love with wall decals lately.

25. Penny Patten commented
    April 13th, 2010 at 7:07am

Pretty cool! I like very much!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Family Collage =-.

26. Katrin commented
    April 13th, 2010 at 8:27am

I am a huge fan. One of millions decor8 fans (not just followers!)
    I check your blog almost every day! Thanks for sharring all these wonderful things! Many kisses, Katrin

27. Shell commented
    April 14th, 2010 at 12:46am

Especially since I don’t have a headboard, I love these decals. Simply fab.
    .-= Shell´s last blog ..Nina for Monday =-.

28. Pixie commented
    April 14th, 2010 at 9:25am

Yay, yay, yaaaayyyyy!!!! I love these! I’ve been looking for headboards / bed frames that didn’t take up so much room since I live in a TINY studio. This is perfect. Takes up no room at all, colorful, decorative. I am in LOVE. Thanks for posting about them. Now to scam, I mean, engage a friend to help hang one of these puppies up. :)
    .-= Pixie´s last blog ..An End In Sight =-.

29. Gosia Maj commented
    April 14th, 2010 at 9:39am

I especially love the red one. Fun and strength all in one.
    .-= Gosia Maj´s last blog ..What’s for Dinner? =-.

30. Suze commented
    April 14th, 2010 at 10:49am

So nice! My favorite: the grey one! To customize, I think I would add an oval framed print or painting or even photo in the middle, where it’s higher… You know, like in the old fashioned antique headboards… I wonder how it would look like…
    Ciao!
    Suze
    .-= Suze´s last blog ..Trompe l’oeil butterfly under glass (made by me) =-.

31. Fleur Designs commented
    May 8th, 2010 at 11:56pm

I love the yellow one too!! what a great way to decorate without breaking the bank!! Thanks for the idea.

32. Penny commented
    January 10th, 2013 at 10:03pm

I love these Decals! I’ve been thinking about nabbing one for my wall….hmm…
    Thought I’d leave a note saying wicked blog *high 5*, and leave a link to my post on Hollywood Headboards. Thought it might be of interest to you!

Nice one :)