Petrina Tinslay Photography

Pink and black is a stunning, sensual color combination don’t you think? Together it can be so many things – moody, sexy, girly, happy, energetic, melancholy… Here are a few examples of this taken from the portfolio of pro photographer Petrina Tinslay whose work has appeared on Vogue Living and more. Along with pink and black, you can also find a striking color combination by combining white and black, red and black as well as neutral colors and bold patterns with black. And of course, pink can support itself quite nicely even without the presence of black…

Petrina Tinslay Photography

Petrina Tinslay Photography

Petrina Tinslay Photography

And people say pink is for little girls! Not! I really enjoy Petrina’s work, she sees beauty in things the common person would pass by. Like the black fish in it’s lovely globe – how many would even give this a second glance? I’m so glad that Petrina did — it’s beautiful, the fishy silhouette floating so peacefully there, it’s exotic and serene. To view more of Petrina’s work visit her portfolio online. You may also learn more about her via her biography here.

(images: petrina tinslay)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on April 12, 2010

1. Amie McCracken commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 4:21am

I love the last two, the fish and the legs with red shoes. You could write a whole novel based just on that legs photo.
    .-= Amie McCracken´s last blog ..Make an Old Table Like New =-.

2. Serge Belmans from Envelop.eu commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 4:55am

The one with the fishbowl and and the one with the two white bowls would make a lovely pair together I think. Love those blue-grey-black tints!

3. lisa :: the red thread commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 5:09am

Such beautiful images! I love her work.

Petrina is well known in Australia for her food photography. She shot all the images for Donna Hay’s early cookbooks (in the late nineties) and her style set a new trend which has been imitated by many since.
    .-= lisa :: the red thread´s last blog ..Sleepers :: Olivia Martin-McGuire =-.

4. Will commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 5:14am

Funny because I was inspired to write about the use of pink interiors this weekend, too. It’s all the gorgeous blossom on the trees that’s doing it! I agree, pink isn’t just for little girls, it’s a great colour and with so many different hues (shocking, hot, dusty etc) it’s certaily very versatile. Hope you had a lovley weekend!
    .-= Will´s last blog ..{Colour Inspiration: Pink} =-.

5. Linda Hunt commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 10:23am

I have been a lover of pink my whole life. In my interior decorating business I have found it to work well in many color schemes. Petrina’s work is a delight to look at!
    Right now I have some pen and ink botanicals that I want to mat with a pink color.
    Thanks for the beautiful pictures!

6. laura trevey commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 12:15pm

Love the bright and colorful cupcake and floral image!!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Bold Vision : Roseline ~ This is Glamorous =-.

7. MARCE commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 12:41pm

beautiful images!
    Marce,
    .-= MARCE´s last blog ..TRADING POST =-.

8. Rachel commented
    April 12th, 2010 at 7:38pm

beautiful photos! i especially love the girl by the bedside window and the fishbowl! thanks for sharing:)
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Houzz Interview: Maria’s Dreamy Whites =-.

9. Ashley commented
    April 14th, 2010 at 8:57am

really beautiful work! cupcakes and ranunculus and peonies ..oh my :)
    .-= Ashley´s last blog ..Brand-New Etsy Shop! =-.