Arts + Crafts, Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

April 20, 2010

How are you doing? It’s time for Etsy Take Five Tuesdays and today I have some fabric, art prints, wallets, wooden letters and fashion illustrations to share with you for a little color and fun. One shop is even extending a special discount to her customers… Curious to see who it is? Let’s get started and you’ll find out!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Stylish Viv from Ish & Chi is not only a great blogger but also a talented decorator and artist based in Sydney, Australia. Her work is so pretty and girly — many of them originals!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Peggy Wolf is from Germany but who now lives in London. She studied fashion design and then discovered her talent lies not in designing clothes but in drawing them, along with beautiful women wearing her designs. I really like her aesthetic – her color choices are gorgeous!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Designer William Dohman from St. Paul, Minnesota has a passion for photography, prints and creating recycled wood signs.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Ever since watching Dear Sukie show Martha Stewart how her craft wallets are made I’ve been thinking about featuring Kristy Boucher’s work on decor8. She makes everything from moo card holders to holders for passports along with wallets in many sizes. Get 10% off your order when you tell me her that you found her on decor8 — Just write in the “Notes to Seller” box at checkout and she’ll refund 10% of your purchase to your Paypal account.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Fabric! Weeee! Can you ever get enough? Not me! Booster Seat is another great surface pattern designer on Etsy with fun fabrics made by Anda Corrie in Brooklyn.

(images: linked to their source above)

You Might Also Like

• Reply frauheuberg April 20, 2010 at 4:15 pm

How lovley…wonderful finds…especially the fabrics…so thanks for your tuesday inspirations and have a lovley night…sweet dreams…cheers…;)…
    .-= frauheuberg´s last blog ..fabrics from which our dreams are… =-.

• Reply The Knotty Bride April 20, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Those Peggy Wolf drawings are

• Reply Sarah - craftyFOLK April 20, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Perfect afternoon read with a cup of tea. Must go make a cup now and read some more:)

• Reply Ludmila {} April 20, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Love the wallets, so girly and stylish! And the prints of Ish & Chi are so full of summer! Adorable!
    .-= Ludmila {}´s last blog ..Color+Inspiration: Beige =-.

• Reply Brooke April 20, 2010 at 4:33 pm

So funny, just yesterday I was looking through 3 of the 5 shops you picked! Can’t wait to check out Peggy Wolf. THanks =)
    .-= Brooke´s last blog ..New to my shop: Marie Antoinettes =-.

• Reply Tod April 20, 2010 at 5:01 pm

that fabric is divine!! i am going to check them out now! thanks for sharing!!
    .-= Tod´s last blog ..Bibliochic Giveaway!! =-.

• Reply julia April 20, 2010 at 5:10 pm

I love those recycled wood signs.
    That is just the motivation I need to get my craft area functional (i.e finally finish unpacking the rest of the boxes in the garage and then have a BIG yard sale!).
    THEN I can set up my craft space, complete with one of those signs on the wall.
    .-= julia´s last blog ..I Can’t Complain =-.

• Reply Emma April 20, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Love the fabrics from Booster Seat. I think all the ones you showed would look great in a kid’s room. The colours are lovely.
    .-= Emma´s last blog ..Henry Express =-.

• Reply Simplyvonne April 20, 2010 at 8:18 pm

I love ish and chi! she is a great blogger and i love her home also!

I am also just starting out and I always going back here for inspirations. I recently redecorated our home..if you have time would you stop by? Have a wonderful day.

• Reply Linda (Heartfire At Home) April 20, 2010 at 8:22 pm

I love Ish and Chi, beautiful work! I’m off to check out the recycled wood signs too…… looking for something a bit more unusual than the usual words I find around here. Thanks for a lovely selection!

Linda. x
    .-= Linda (Heartfire At Home)´s last blog ..The Exuberance and Happiness Of Yellow!! Pics To Lift Your Heart… =-.

• Reply katie dohman April 20, 2010 at 8:29 pm

That’s my husband’s work! Imagine my shock when I came to your site (one of my favorites) and saw my husband’s art on it (he’s one of my favorites, too). Thank you, thank you!

• Reply jacqueline April 20, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Eeekkk gotta love that gorgeous Sukie’s shop and that wonderful fabric shop! SO gald i hope on by today! Hope you are having a wonderful week so far! Love to you!
    .-= jacqueline´s last blog ..Noticing =-.

• Reply A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie April 20, 2010 at 9:03 pm

These are some lovely wares. Thank you for introducing me to these fabulous designers. I will check out their Etsy shops & save them as my favorites! Thank you again for another beautiful post!

.-= A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie´s last blog ..An Afternoon in the Park & My First Outfit Post =-.

• Reply Joy April 20, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Nope, can’t ever get enough fabric! Happy to see a fellow Minnesotan in your picks too. Fun stuff for a Tuesday, thanks.

• Reply Cookie Cutter April 20, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Such pretty and feminine wallets! Would definitely stand out amongst all the black ones many are carrying.
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..Japanese Kitchen Love =-.

• Reply Marie April 20, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Love the fabrics !
    .-= Marie´s last blog ..Les yeux de Kennedy =-.

• Reply tinajo April 21, 2010 at 1:26 am

Oh, I think I really need those butterflies – totally wonderful! :-)
    .-= tinajo´s last blog ..Wallpaper with COLOR! =-.

• Reply Mädchen für alles April 21, 2010 at 1:31 am

Great finds, great prints and colores…just rigt for the inspiration.

• Reply Judith of Felicity Crew April 21, 2010 at 2:05 am

Love those wooden signs!
    .-= Judith of Felicity Crew´s last blog ..Bowl of Blueberries. 8×8 – original fine art photograph =-.

• Reply lauren carney April 21, 2010 at 2:21 am

talk about crafty goodness!
    plus, your blog is totally awesome!
    love your work!
    and peggy wolf is totally awesome
    have fun being creative! x

• Reply Viv April 21, 2010 at 2:37 am

Oh my.. Holly! Thank you! So happy to be featured here. Thank you for your lovely words x
    .-= Viv´s last blog ..A Kitchen Tea =-.

• Reply lucie April 21, 2010 at 2:57 am

Ish and Chi is so cute ! and I love the fabrics from booster seat … thank you for those things because I search ideas for a kid room
    .-= lucie´s last blog Bag frenchy… =-.

• Reply Alison May April 21, 2010 at 7:17 am

Heavens isn’t Ish and Chi’s work utterly gorgeous?
    .-= Alison May´s last blog ..Housekeepers Carousel =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente April 21, 2010 at 9:05 am

Oh, these are all so pretty and springy! I love ’em! Thanks so much for these links hun, I always look forward to your tuesdays! :)
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: a skirt =-.

• Reply Kate Collins April 21, 2010 at 9:38 am

Wow! I love the wood signs. They are fantastic. You always have the best stuff on your site – thank you!
    .-= Kate Collins´s last blog ..A Blank Canvas: Room Makeover =-.

• Reply Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life April 21, 2010 at 10:35 am

the wall words by Peggy Wolf are such a great find! I think the hello one is my favorite (fun little note to throw on your walls, always welcoming your guests!)
    .-= Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life´s last blog ..Etsy Pride: Inaluxe =-.

• Reply Ashley April 21, 2010 at 10:52 am

Wow, loving peggy wolf’s pieces! so sophisticated and beautiful. i want those recycled wood signs too! great round-up overall.
    .-= Ashley´s last blog ..Fine Day Press goes live! =-.

• Reply lady a. April 21, 2010 at 12:34 pm

I want the first wallet. And the second one. Actually…I want them all!

• Reply Erin April 21, 2010 at 1:17 pm

The wood signs from William Dohman are the cutest I’ve seen. Thanks for the great tip!
    Also, I loved your interview on ProBlogger. It was informative and inspiring for those of us new to blog land! Thanks!

• Reply fresh365 April 21, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Those recycled woods signs are great!

• Reply Ricki Mountain April 22, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I am drooling in awe 5 times more today than yesterday.

• Reply Stockton April 22, 2010 at 5:57 pm

great stuff as usual … that fabric is great, those prints really make me smile (^_^)

• Reply Gina April 23, 2010 at 8:02 am

So fantastic to see Viv’s work here, fresh and joyful, she is genuinely as sweet as her artwork. Not to mention what a gorgeous blog too~ yea VIV!
    .-= Gina´s last blog ..Distracted Fun =-.

• Reply Candi May 24, 2010 at 7:21 am

Gorgeous! I have always been a huge fan of Viv’s work.

• Reply Vicky June 6, 2010 at 2:17 pm

My name is Victoria and I’m from Argentina. I love your blog…!!!
    I love surfing through the internet and see this type of blog, full of creativity.
    Love those wallets, do you know if i can get the one which is the lower right corner? (I’m traveling to USA next July)

Great work!!!!