Janelle Lile

Janelle Lile is a Seattle-based artist whose new body of work combines the human figure with diagrams of obsolete technology. She shot these photos in her home for us to see them in-situ as she knows how much I like to see art living in a space so I thought we’d take a look at her paintings and prints for a moment in soft blues and neutral tones.

Janelle Lile

Janelle Lile

Janelle Lile

Janelle Lile

“The variety of ways that people release their creativity is amazing to me. I’m particularly focusing here on the things that women traditionally create – sewing, knitting, gardening. I find it so satisfying to make things and I love that feeling of completion, in addition to then using or wearing the object or giving it to someone else.”

If you’d like to see more of Janelle’s work, you may visit her online portfolio to purchase them directly from her etsy shop. Lovely work, Janelle!

(images: janelle lile)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, etsy on April 23, 2010

1. Nuit commented
    April 23rd, 2010 at 12:07pm

this is great art!!! love it =D Happy wknd Holly!
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..Upholstered Headboards to die for! ? =-.

2. ju ju be commented
    April 23rd, 2010 at 12:45pm

It is very modern and calming.
    .-= ju ju be´s last blog ..To do list =-.

3. Janelle commented
    April 23rd, 2010 at 2:36pm

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of all this loveliness, Holly! I’m just delighted :)

And thank you to Nuit and ju ju be, as well! I’m so happy to be able to share my work with you.
    .-= Janelle´s last blog ..Some digital collages today =-.

4. Leah commented
    April 23rd, 2010 at 3:47pm

Beautiful – I just love all of the pretty blue and green tones Janelle uses in her work! Thanks for sharing her with us today. : )
    .-= Leah´s last blog ..life << our new addition =-.

5. gretchenmist/belinda commented
    April 23rd, 2010 at 5:18pm

i’m so happy to see janelle’s work here ~ i love it. i have some of janelle’s prints and they are really beautiful. lovely shots too.
    happy weekend :)
    .-= gretchenmist/belinda´s last blog ..saturday shopping list =-.

6. oil painting commented
    April 26th, 2010 at 4:55am

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of all this loveliness.

7. Nicole | blue bicicletta commented
    April 26th, 2010 at 12:28pm

lovely work–I love the muted colors and organic shapes! Gorgeous photos too!
    .-= Nicole | blue bicicletta´s last blog ..Card Mania =-.

8. Tanya commented
    April 26th, 2010 at 1:32pm

Ooh I like it AND she’s from Seattle. My kinda gal!
    .-= Tanya´s last blog ..I Confess That I am a Romantic =-.

9. Laura commented
    April 28th, 2010 at 8:39am

Your blog is the most BEAUTIFUL thing I’ve ever saw!