Arts + Crafts, Etsy Faves

Janelle Lile

April 23, 2010

Janelle Lile is a Seattle-based artist whose new body of work combines the human figure with diagrams of obsolete technology. She shot these photos in her home for us to see them in-situ as she knows how much I like to see art living in a space so I thought we’d take a look at her paintings and prints for a moment in soft blues and neutral tones.

Janelle Lile

Janelle Lile

Janelle Lile

Janelle Lile

“The variety of ways that people release their creativity is amazing to me. I’m particularly focusing here on the things that women traditionally create – sewing, knitting, gardening. I find it so satisfying to make things and I love that feeling of completion, in addition to then using or wearing the object or giving it to someone else.”

If you’d like to see more of Janelle’s work, you may visit her online portfolio to purchase them directly from her etsy shop. Lovely work, Janelle!

(images: janelle lile)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Nuit April 23, 2010 at 12:07 pm

this is great art!!! love it =D Happy wknd Holly!
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..Upholstered Headboards to die for! ? =-.

• Reply ju ju be April 23, 2010 at 12:45 pm

It is very modern and calming.
    .-= ju ju be´s last blog ..To do list =-.

• Reply Janelle April 23, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of all this loveliness, Holly! I’m just delighted :)

And thank you to Nuit and ju ju be, as well! I’m so happy to be able to share my work with you.
    .-= Janelle´s last blog ..Some digital collages today =-.

• Reply Leah April 23, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Beautiful – I just love all of the pretty blue and green tones Janelle uses in her work! Thanks for sharing her with us today. : )
    .-= Leah´s last blog << our new addition =-.

• Reply gretchenmist/belinda April 23, 2010 at 5:18 pm

i’m so happy to see janelle’s work here ~ i love it. i have some of janelle’s prints and they are really beautiful. lovely shots too.
    happy weekend :)
    .-= gretchenmist/belinda´s last blog ..saturday shopping list =-.

• Reply oil painting April 26, 2010 at 4:55 am

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of all this loveliness.

• Reply Nicole | blue bicicletta April 26, 2010 at 12:28 pm

lovely work–I love the muted colors and organic shapes! Gorgeous photos too!
    .-= Nicole | blue bicicletta´s last blog ..Card Mania =-.

• Reply Tanya April 26, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Ooh I like it AND she’s from Seattle. My kinda gal!
    .-= Tanya´s last blog ..I Confess That I am a Romantic =-.

• Reply Laura April 28, 2010 at 8:39 am

Your blog is the most BEAUTIFUL thing I’ve ever saw!