Moomah: Creative Arts Cafe

Ah, Moomah. The dream shop/cafe in my mind that actually exists and where else but in New York. Have you visited? Please say yes and please tell me more! From what I read on their site, Moomah is a creative arts cafe where parents and children can eat, create (with do-it-yourself tables) and shop. They even have classes for kids and for adults too. I had heard about this creative and cozy space awhile back as it traveled around blogland but was reminded of it again as I was reading Anita Kaushal’s blog because she likes Moomah, too. Here are some views of their retail space. When I’m in New York this summer I’m definitely hitting this place even if for a few moments just to see my dream in the flesh.

Moomah: Creative Arts Cafe

Moomah: Creative Arts Cafe

Moomah: Creative Arts Cafe

Moomah: Creative Arts Cafe

Moomah: Creative Arts Cafe

Moomah: Creative Arts Cafe

Moomah: Creative Arts Cafe

What an amazing retail space, it’s creative and packed with visual eye candy in addition to the good things there to eat and drink. Talk about sensory overload… Heaven.

(images: moomah and kim cornelison)

Posted by decor8 in Shop Tours on April 27, 2010

1. maria @ {ritzy bee} commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 10:57am

One of my favorite places to go…the heart cinnamon toast tops the experience off! :)

2. Shanon commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 11:15am

Mmmmm… if only more places would put this much time and though into their design. What a lovely world it would be. =)
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..*Magical Moments* =-.

3. jodi commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 11:20am

i keep meaning to stop by and check this place out. i think my lack of children may be what is keeping me away. must go soon!
    .-= jodi´s last blog ..20/20 =-.

4. Julieann/CreateGirl commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 11:21am

WOW Holly thanks for introducing me to this place. How wonderfully creative and educational as well. Anyplace where parents and children can go and express themselves is just fantastic especially with the elimination of public school art programs these days, which is so sad. I will plan to visit when I am in NYC too!

5. Krystal Kerr commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 11:26am

This place is adorable… I love it!
    .-= Krystal Kerr´s last blog ..Large Format Camera on Tripod with Red Bird in Victorian Frame – Wall Art Decor 7x10in =-.

6. Heather commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 11:27am

Doesn’t it look great? I was planning to go this week on Friday with my son…I’ll let you know how it is!
    .-= Heather´s last blog ..My sister is incredible! =-.

7. Heather commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 11:27am

P.S. I WANT that bear print! I love it!
    .-= Heather´s last blog ..My sister is incredible! =-.

8. Brigitte commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 11:40am

Best idea ever. And those lights, swoon.
    .-= Brigitte´s last blog ..Reluctance =-.

9. Amie McCracken commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 11:40am

You should check out this place too. They have completely decorated with upcycled or recycled art/furniture.

I heard about it from this blogger and etsy seller. They have her seat belt pillows!

.-= Amie McCracken´s last blog ..Bier and Piepsen =-.

10. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 11:44am

It is so very beautiful! I love, love all of the artwork on their walls so much. *sigh* I have to get there and take my girls.
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: A reunion =-.

11. carolyn commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 11:49am

did anyone else notice the adorably imperfect needlework? i’m inspired to make up a pattern and just leave it in the embroidery hoop. so cute, along with just about everything else here.

12. Katy commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 11:54am

yeah! this looks like such a fun place.
    Love the animal table!
    .-= Katy´s last blog ..England: Decor at Beluga =-.

13. Marlene commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 11:56am

We need one in Miami!!! I love all the different chairs you can find there.
    .-= Marlene´s last blog ..Inspired by Birds =-.

14. Christina commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 11:57am

What a perfect place!
    Thanks for sharing, Holly!

15. monica from hola!design commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 12:10pm

Oh! Looks very cozy, I’ll check it out next time I go to the city.
    .-= monica from hola!design´s last blog ..New York through my lens =-.

16. frauheuberg commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 12:15pm

What a lovley idea…great place…wish to be in new york…mabye one day…so cozy and so full of inspiration…would be the heaven for parents and their kids with delicious cupcakes and milkshakes…dreaming…;)…
    .-= frauheuberg´s last blog ..Saturdays in the "Endstation" =-.

17. RaynaNyc commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 12:22pm

One of my fav places to take my nephews. A bit of kid-friendly Zen in the city, plus very comfy setting to hang out with them and not stress. I tried Gloga with the youngest (4 yrs) but he didn’t go for it, but the music workshops were more his thing, and of course the Froggy Dippers (guacamole 4 kids). You know Jon Stewart’s wife owns/runs the place (he’s on the Daily Show on Comedy Central here)

18. decor8 commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 12:43pm

RaynaNYC – I did NOT know that. So funny as Jon Stewart is my idol – ha ha, I love him and now that I’ve moved to Europe I catch him in the BBC for my US News with a twist fix. :) He’s the best.

19. Tanya commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 12:48pm

Oh how awesome! I’ll definitely stop there on my next trip out!
    .-= Tanya´s last blog ..I Confess That I am a Romantic =-.

20. Tanya commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 1:05pm

I absolutely love it! I need one in my town.

21. Kate commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 1:09pm

Oh wow! How lovely
    .-= Kate´s last blog ..Lovely Colors from DC… =-.

22. Color Collective commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 1:41pm

Wow, that is the cutest shop I have ever seen!! Love the interior decorating!
    .-= Color Collective´s last blog .. =-.

23. Elisabeth Klos commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 1:50pm

I always thought this would be a cool idea. I really want to go to New York soon for an inpiring vacation! This will be on my list of places for sure. Thanks!

24. Kitty commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 2:10pm

I have seen Moomah making it’s rounds throughout blogland, and seeing your post just reminded me that I have to go there if I get the chance to go to New York. I would love to go to Snug studio too…

25. Nuit commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 2:21pm

I cannot wait to visit!!! i LOVE that chalkboard wall ? adorbs!
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..Urban Chic =-.

26. Jenna Elliott commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 2:24pm

What a cool place and a great idea! Too bad I live in LA. Anybody know of anything like this in the LA area?

27. Monica commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 2:29pm

What a cozy looking cafe! Although I don’t have children I regularly babysit my nephew…wonder if my sis would allow me to babysit him all the way to NYC:)
    .-= Monica´s last blog ..Tweezerman teams up with Benefit Cosmetics =-.

28. renee commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 2:40pm

What a cool place.

29. shellie commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 3:13pm

Wow…anothertoo too cute place to visit if i ever go to ny
    .-= shellie´s last blog ..Among Other Things =-.

30. MARCE commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 3:15pm

What a beautiful shop/cafe,
    Thanks for sharing, Holly!
    Marce
    .-= MARCE´s last blog ..MUEBLE Nº 2 =-.

31. se7en commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 3:40pm

Wow that sure looks like the sort of place I would love to go to ditch a mundane day and totally revitalize!!!
    .-= se7en´s last blog ..Saturday Spot: A Celebratory Dinner and a Snippet on Knysna… =-.

32. Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 4:39pm

Aw, this is one lovely idea! A great way to spend time with kids! And how cute is the cafe accessorized – a dreamy place! xo
    .-= Ludmila {CreamyLife.com}´s last blog ..Mark Lund Photography =-.

33. laura trevey commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 5:49pm

I love it… I love it!! What an inspiring place ~~
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..In the Garden =-.

34. Deb commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 6:31pm

I really think we need to move to NYC :)
    .-= Deb´s last blog ..Summer Plans =-.

35. Evelyn commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 7:02pm

I actually stumbled in when I was visiting NYC. I was just strolling down the street and I just HAD to go in. There were happy moms with happy children and I couldn’t stop admiring everything. The cafe is perfection down to the smallest detail.

36. Erin commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 9:25pm

I’m with you! I’ve been wishing for a place like this, and when I heard of Moomah, I fell in virtual love. Please! Someone with business sense, open one for me in Seattle!
    .-= Erin´s last blog ..P is for Poetry =-.

37. holly commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 10:29pm

I want to live in this space and never leave….Oh how nice.
    .-= holly´s last blog ..Vintage RUGBY Advertisement, C.1924 =-.

38. Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas commented
    April 27th, 2010 at 11:43pm

It seems like such a sweet place… I wish we had such a wonderful place in Las Vegas.
    .-= Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas´s last blog ..Lovely Las Vegas: Happy Earth Day! =-.

39. Faye commented
    April 28th, 2010 at 12:43am

This place is so inspiring…I actually work in a place which has a similar concept in London, UK but it is nowhere near as stylish and beautiful. I wish I could hop over to New York with my little girl to check it out with my own eyes! My sister and I plan to open our own cafe which is equally creative and inspirational one day.
    .-= Faye´s last blog ..environments =-.

40. Jane commented
    April 28th, 2010 at 1:07am

It is such a fabulous concept! It’s funny you posted this – I have actually been talking to someone recently about opening a similar place in Australia :)
    .-= Jane´s last blog ..Window Dress-ups =-.

41. Estelle commented
    April 28th, 2010 at 3:53am

I would love to have one of these in my city!!!

42. lady a. commented
    April 28th, 2010 at 7:02am

Amazing place. I would spend half of my life drinking coffee at Moomah if I lived in NY. And the cow painting – I fell in love with it.

43. Penny Patten commented
    April 28th, 2010 at 7:19am

Moomah looks and sounds delightful! How fun it would be to have a cafe like that here. Maybe some day I could open one like it? I think maybe it’s my new dream job/adventure! Thank You so much for sharing this, no I’ve never been, but I’d like to. I enjoyed visiting their site!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..God Exists Quietly =-.

44. regina commented
    April 28th, 2010 at 7:42am

love. love. love.

45. linda commented
    April 28th, 2010 at 7:48am

wow… what an amazing space.. i so wish there was somewhere like this near me, what a brilliant idea :)

46. Kaili commented
    April 28th, 2010 at 9:32am

I’m droooling! I so LOVE this!
    .-= Kaili´s last blog ..Happy Paintings =-.

47. Travelingmama commented
    April 28th, 2010 at 12:19pm

This is it. This is my dream! My husband and I have been researching the possibility of opening something like this in Copenhagen, but we have been thinking coffee shop with homemade pastries rather than a cafe. Just seeing photos of this place gives me happy chills! Oh to dream! First, we need to GET there and maybe learn the language… you know, those little details!
    .-= Travelingmama´s last blog ..{crafty} girl =-.

48. cupcakebomb commented
    April 28th, 2010 at 12:42pm

Omg! it does exist! I want to go there right now!!
    .-= cupcakebomb´s last blog ..Unique LA! =-.

49. Brooke H commented
    April 28th, 2010 at 7:54pm

Looks adorable. I’m going to have to check it out.
    .-= Brooke H´s last blog ..New to my shop: Pocket Mirrors =-.

50. A Casa da Vá commented
    April 29th, 2010 at 6:32pm

It is SO cute and fun! If I were in NY…
    .-= A Casa da Vá´s last blog ..Wonder Woman Interview: Neza Cesar =-.

51. Sneeka commented
    April 30th, 2010 at 7:18pm

I’ve just found out about this lovely spot – will be traveling with 2 year in tow soon! Looks delightful!

52. becky commented
    May 4th, 2010 at 10:07am

I swear I saw the owners featured in a magazine recently – also their apartment upstairs – Readymade Mag perhaps?

53. tada! shop commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 8:56pm

you have to go! our walls and bookcases house these beautiful shadow boxes our kids have made…and they can’t wait to go back! every detail is thought of and the space just perfect! my daughter’s still talk about the “most delicious grilled cheese ever” that they had there. we were so in awe of moomah, we asked the wonderful owner tracey stewart to come guest edit over at tada!, asking her how to bring creativity into her home. we loved her tips and products, come read!