Rou Designs: Simple Bud Vase Ideas

To continue a bit more on our floral theme, there are so many simple yet stunning ways to present flowers in your home. One need not go crazy spending hundreds of dollars or even $20+ on bouquets. You can pick a few stems from your yard or balcony, grab some from a nearby field, or even ask a neighbor who may have many wild flowers in their yard if you could pick a handful for your home (our neighbors use to let us have our pick – literally!). Perhaps you could even find some fallen branches to arrange in a tall vase or pluck a few magnolia blooms (which are everywhere over here now, in full bloom) and pop them into a vase, tea tin, tea pot, anything really.

Rou Designs

A simple peony bloom can be all you need for a bud vase, or one of those gorgeous cabbage roses which is a favorite flower of mine. There are many, many options so don’t limit yourself to pre-made arrangements or clustering flowers together perfectly… again, simple touches can make an impact! Think of pearls with a black dress, or diamond studs with a button down blouse and some jeans. Simple elegance is what made Coco Chanel so famous as not every arrangement, whether fashion, interiors or floral designs need be over-the-top!

Rou Designs

Rou Designs

I found this beautiful porcelain shop recently called Rou Designs in New York who makes very simple bud vases in a feminine bubble shape that would be perfect for putting together something small and pretty by your bedside or on your perfume tray, or perhaps in the bathroom next to all of your pretty soaps and hand towels that you may have neatly folded on a shelf. You could even arrange several of the Rou Designs vases on a fireplace mantle or on a shelf in your entryway. If you’re having a dinner party (or getting married) you could consider adding several down the center of your table. I can see doing this and then popping in a big peony bloom in each in various shades of pink from pale to dark. Or mixing things up with a different color in each vase – imagine that!

Rou Designs

Rou Designs

Do you use small arrangements as a budget-friendly decorating accent in your home or office? I have some mini glass bud vases but get annoyed by how the water becomes dirty and you can see an ugly water line from the outside. For this reason, I’ve grown more and more fond of solid vases or colored glass lately vs. transparent glass.

Do you have mini bud vases in your home and if so, how and where do you arrange them? Here is how I usually arrange mine… I have mini porcelain vases and cups, glass mason jars, mini jam jars, and little glass bud vases — some are shown here, here, here, here and here.

(images: rou design)

Posted by decor8 in ceramics on April 29, 2010

1. Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} commented
    April 29th, 2010 at 7:21am

So cute yet very stylish! Love the peonies and the blooms! And by the way, thank you for mentioning magnolia, I have a tree right in front of my building and the flowers are gorgeous! Their purple & white colors are incredibly stunning, I’ll need to pick a few of them! xo
    .-= Ludmila {CreamyLife.com}´s last blog ..Kelley Interior Design =-.

2. Will commented
    April 29th, 2010 at 7:37am

Yet more inspiration! Cheers, Holly! All the blossom in the tree at the front of our drive has blown off in the last few days…such a shame it only stays for a few weeks.
    .-= Will´s last blog ..{Summer Dining by Candlelight} =-.

3. Jacki commented
    April 29th, 2010 at 7:48am

That looks so amazing! So much more appealing and down to earth than some fancy, elaborate arrangements. You can never talk to people over dinner with those things in the middle of the table!
    .-= Jacki´s last blog ..Book Review: Me Talk Pretty One Day =-.

4. monica of hola!design commented
    April 29th, 2010 at 7:56am

Stunning! The pale pink flowers look so dreamy! and what a beautiful vase.
    .-= monica of hola!design´s last blog ..Yes, Einstein was right =-.

5. Cheryl commented
    April 29th, 2010 at 7:58am

I love peonies. A few Springs ago, I found the most beautiful deep pink peony bush at the nursery. I planted it in our backyard, and couldn’t wait for the following Spring. Spring came… no peonies — it was barely one lonely stick. We have two German shorthair pointers, but our male dog for some reason he chose to use that destination to do his business all winter long. We love him, but we’ll never have another male dog. Maybe one day I can once again try my hand at a peony bush. :(
    .-= Cheryl´s last blog ..happy earth day =-.

6. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    April 29th, 2010 at 8:29am

First of all…I am always inspired by you & your flower arrangements. You have such a gift for making them absolutely beautiful, casual & effortless.
    I love this idea & am trying to add more and more little bouquets around my home( I am always wary of little hands knocking them over and breaking the vases…so I tend to keep them up high.) Thank you for this hun, and for inspiring me to do more. :)
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: A reunion =-.

7. carolyn commented
    April 29th, 2010 at 9:51am

ahhh, peonies. love love. i have a really darling little glass bud vase from crate and barrel. lately i have been picking bunches of little purple flowers (weeds?) that have taken over the backyard of my apartment. so so cute and i like to think i’m doing the landlord a favor by weeding :)

8. mijk commented
    April 29th, 2010 at 9:52am

Ikea had these sets of bud vases for an euro. i use them all the time for flowers from the garden. I love them for the diningtable because a big vase blocks the view so much
    .-= mijk´s last blog ..she wondered =-.

9. Cheryl commented
    April 29th, 2010 at 12:28pm

love those vases from Rou Designs. I’ve been looking for vases just like that! I am now picking up fresh flowers more regularly, thanks to your blog and to Leslie’s postings too.

10. Shell commented
    April 29th, 2010 at 11:23pm

Lately, I have been flower deprived because of my budget. I love to have fresh flowers.
    I use vases, old glass jars, bottles..anything that can fit a flower I use.
    I love to decorate my flowers all over the house..makes the place come alive.
    Today, I went to my local grocery store and saw they had flowers a lot more affordable that usual. I may be able with now Spring in full bloom, to go back to my Flower habit.
    .-= Shell´s last blog ..Flower Moon =-.

11. Julie Cove commented
    April 30th, 2010 at 12:21am

With well over 100 vases and lovely pitchers & jugs, do I have an obssession? hmmm… perhaps!-especially some adorable small solid ones, small enough for the tiny pinched flowers my 4 yr old daughter brings me with almost no stems- I love it though cuz I can always make them look adorable and tuck one beside her bed too. I love how I can have just a wee bit of flowers yet sprinkle them around the house in mini vases, or line them up 5 in a row down my harvest table- I buy 5 at a time sometimes cuz I love repetition for some things. And I am always in the market for more vases- I can’t help myself-so these you featured are very, very tempting I might say! Thanx for sharing Holly.
    .-= Julie Cove´s last blog ..Udon Soup w/ Spelt Noodles & Bok Choy =-.

12. holly commented
    April 30th, 2010 at 4:27pm

I love mixing glass vessels old and new and mixing them all up but you are correct about them looking less lovely after a few days…many uses….etc.
    {however, one remedy that helps are denture tablets- I just plop one in each vase and let them soak for a day and it does help…)
    Certainly does make the opaque or pottery vases much more desirable!
    And these examples you have here show how lovely flowers look when kept SWEET and SIMPLE.
    .-= holly´s last blog ..AMAZING LIFE handpainted wall art =-.

13. Emily commented
    May 1st, 2010 at 1:31pm

I’m a painter, and I love using my little vases to create small arrangements for still-life paintings. I really enjoy painting delicate, simple flowers…

The vases you’re featuring are so adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Emily
    Painting365.blogspot.com
    .-= Emily´s last blog ..The Artsy mother’s Day Gift-Giving Guide =-.

14. Nicole Daniel commented
    May 10th, 2010 at 8:07am

What a fun stuff,I love it.