Designers + Stylists

Massucco Warner Miller Design

May 5, 2010

I recently spotted Massucco Warner Miller Design and had to give you a glimpse of their portfolio as they have such swanky (yet warm and livable) rooms that I’m really liking… If you’re keen on color and pattern, you may enjoy these spaces too. I have a feeling that this firm has a real love affair with one of my favorite color combos – orange and blue!

Massucco Warner Miller Design

Interior designers Julie Massucco, Melissa Warner, and Carrie Miller make up the firm of Massucco Warner Miller which has three locations on the west coast — in LA, Seattle and San Francisco. They are popping up on lots of blogs and magazines lately and for good reason — these three ladies are a talented triple threat. I love seeing talented woman working together and making a difference and even though some may call interior design shallow or materialistic I call it essential — a great home that reflects your tastes and passions, one that supports your health and well-being, well this is not a vain pursuit and does make a huge impact on your life.  I find their designs welcoming, whimsical and fresh. It’s hard to not feel happy in rooms like these!

Massucco Warner Miller Design

Today I was reading One Kings Lane and noticed that these three ladies gave some very valuable tips on decorating that I think you may find helpful.

Would you like to know their top 5 tips?

1. When scheming a room, select the fabrics and furniture you love before choosing paint colors. You can always find paint that works with your favorite fabric.

2. Buy the best-quality upholstery you can afford. A well-made sofa will last for years and can be recovered over and over again if you desire a change.

3. Keep a small tape measure and list of your ideal artwork sizes with you. You never know when you’ll spot the perfect piece while traveling or out and about.

4. Before purchasing furniture, place blue painter’s tape on the floor to visualize its actual size. A 90″ sofa looks good in the store but might overwhelm your living room.

5. Size an area rug based on room dimensions, not just a furniture grouping. A larger area rug helps a space feel bigger and makes better use of the room. A good rule of thumb is to allow 6″-12″ of flooring to show between the wall and the rug edge.

Hope that you’ve enjoyed learning about these designing women today!

(images: massucco warner miller design)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Ludmila {} May 5, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Agree about buying good quality upholsters! It’s a proven fact, more expensive the better! Of course this is not about absolutely everything, but the furniture should be the best!
    .-= Ludmila {}´s last blog ..BEAUTIFUL… =-.

• Reply Brigitte May 5, 2010 at 1:14 pm

That painter’s tape tip is awesome! I’ve never heard that before, and I’m so going to use it now!
    .-= Brigitte´s last blog ..A Shopper’s Manifesto =-.

• Reply Kirsten May 5, 2010 at 1:56 pm

I could stare at these photos for hours. The in-closet desk is especially lovely.

• Reply Renee May 5, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Thanks for sharing the work of such talented designers. I find all the “shapes” in their rooms very interesting and their color selections are fresh and beautiful.
    .-= Renee´s last blog ..Thinking of Mom =-.

• Reply emily @ thirtyeight20 May 5, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Great tips – thanks for sharing! I never thought about tip #1 in those exact terms, but throughout our renovation I keep telling my husband I want to leave the walls white until we decide on the major furnishings in the rooms. He disagreed at first and just wanted to cross painting off our list, but he’s starting to see my point now that we’re already considering repainting a room only a year after painting it the first time. Now I have a professional opinion to support my madness and my color procrastination. :-)
    .-= emily @ thirtyeight20´s last blog ..Rustic Industrial Kitchens =-.

• Reply gwendolyn May 5, 2010 at 3:09 pm

their work is just GORGEOUS! i can’t get enough of it! wonder if they are hiring…
    .-= gwendolyn´s last blog ..january =-.

• Reply Kristen May 5, 2010 at 4:09 pm

I am loving the white cabinet with the blue in-lay door. Very inspiring!

• Reply Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor May 5, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Thank you for the style tips! Made me pop a tape measure directly into my purse! Love that Turquoisy-Cerulean Blue light shade. Just stunning! Such a great inspiration for jewelry!
    .-= Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor´s last blog ..Dollhouse Miniatures… A Bit of a Break from Beads [Spotlight] =-.

• Reply Lady T May 5, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Wow! looks so peaceful. I’m thinking about redoing the sitting space in my bedroom their tips are very helpful!

• Reply Cookie Cutter May 5, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Thanks for the tips! I always seem to be picking paint color first before furnishings.

Absolutely smitten with that bed with the white headboard. It looks so plush and is well contrasted with the wallpaper!
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..Of Buntings and Garlands =-.

• Reply Queenie Bee May 5, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Love it! The turquoise and white colours really bring a freshness to the interiors
    .-= Queenie Bee´s last blog ..Back to life! =-.

• Reply Melissa Fielding May 6, 2010 at 12:06 am

I love the combonation of styles and how they harmonize.

• Reply Irene May 6, 2010 at 12:21 am

I just recently discovered MWM too, and blogged about them as well. I love their tips. And their work, of course.

• Reply Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas May 6, 2010 at 1:03 am

Fun! Very unique combinations, yet quite real, too…. almost as if things were inherited over time and merged bit by bit, gracefully together. Nice find!
    .-= Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas´s last blog ..Lovely Las Vegas: Feliz Cinco de Mayo =-.

• Reply Tina May 6, 2010 at 1:41 am

Orange and blue is smashing! Great, great pictures and good advice at the end! :-)
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..Oh, I won! =-.

• Reply Kristiina May 6, 2010 at 1:53 am

lovely lovely mirror frames!!! and the tips were great! thanks!

• Reply Mnemonique May 6, 2010 at 4:34 am

Great finding, great blog and great tips. I love your curiosity :)
    .-= Mnemonique´s last blog ..Walizki / Suitcases =-.

• Reply hena tayeb May 6, 2010 at 11:19 am

each picture.. each room is gorgeous.. so many things i love about all of them.. wow.
    .-= hena tayeb´s last blog ..Butt Cramps!!! =-.

• Reply Hunter May 6, 2010 at 11:30 am

I’m so excited to see more of Massucco Warner Miller- I fell in love with the spaces featured in House Beautiful, and these are even more amazing!

• Reply Danielle May 6, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Great tips! Thanks for sharing such useful info :).

• Reply Vicki May 6, 2010 at 9:44 pm

I love, love ,love their design sense. Amazing

• Reply ilmucts August 23, 2010 at 1:42 pm

really nice .. could imagine a very comfortable