Massucco Warner Miller Design

I recently spotted Massucco Warner Miller Design and had to give you a glimpse of their portfolio as they have such swanky (yet warm and livable) rooms that I’m really liking… If you’re keen on color and pattern, you may enjoy these spaces too. I have a feeling that this firm has a real love affair with one of my favorite color combos – orange and blue!

Massucco Warner Miller Design

Interior designers Julie Massucco, Melissa Warner, and Carrie Miller make up the firm of Massucco Warner Miller which has three locations on the west coast — in LA, Seattle and San Francisco. They are popping up on lots of blogs and magazines lately and for good reason — these three ladies are a talented triple threat. I love seeing talented woman working together and making a difference and even though some may call interior design shallow or materialistic I call it essential — a great home that reflects your tastes and passions, one that supports your health and well-being, well this is not a vain pursuit and does make a huge impact on your life.  I find their designs welcoming, whimsical and fresh. It’s hard to not feel happy in rooms like these!

Massucco Warner Miller Design

Today I was reading One Kings Lane and noticed that these three ladies gave some very valuable tips on decorating that I think you may find helpful.

Would you like to know their top 5 tips?

1. When scheming a room, select the fabrics and furniture you love before choosing paint colors. You can always find paint that works with your favorite fabric.

2. Buy the best-quality upholstery you can afford. A well-made sofa will last for years and can be recovered over and over again if you desire a change.

3. Keep a small tape measure and list of your ideal artwork sizes with you. You never know when you’ll spot the perfect piece while traveling or out and about.

4. Before purchasing furniture, place blue painter’s tape on the floor to visualize its actual size. A 90″ sofa looks good in the store but might overwhelm your living room.

5. Size an area rug based on room dimensions, not just a furniture grouping. A larger area rug helps a space feel bigger and makes better use of the room. A good rule of thumb is to allow 6″-12″ of flooring to show between the wall and the rug edge.

Hope that you’ve enjoyed learning about these designing women today!

(images: massucco warner miller design)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips, designers, uncategorized on May 05, 2010

1. Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} commented
    May 5th, 2010 at 12:55pm

Agree about buying good quality upholsters! It’s a proven fact, more expensive the better! Of course this is not about absolutely everything, but the furniture should be the best!
    .-= Ludmila {CreamyLife.com}´s last blog ..BEAUTIFUL… =-.

2. Brigitte commented
    May 5th, 2010 at 1:14pm

That painter’s tape tip is awesome! I’ve never heard that before, and I’m so going to use it now!
    .-= Brigitte´s last blog ..A Shopper’s Manifesto =-.

3. Kirsten commented
    May 5th, 2010 at 1:56pm

I could stare at these photos for hours. The in-closet desk is especially lovely.

4. Renee commented
    May 5th, 2010 at 2:00pm

Thanks for sharing the work of such talented designers. I find all the “shapes” in their rooms very interesting and their color selections are fresh and beautiful.
    .-= Renee´s last blog ..Thinking of Mom =-.

5. emily @ thirtyeight20 commented
    May 5th, 2010 at 2:13pm

Great tips – thanks for sharing! I never thought about tip #1 in those exact terms, but throughout our renovation I keep telling my husband I want to leave the walls white until we decide on the major furnishings in the rooms. He disagreed at first and just wanted to cross painting off our list, but he’s starting to see my point now that we’re already considering repainting a room only a year after painting it the first time. Now I have a professional opinion to support my madness and my color procrastination. :-)
    .-= emily @ thirtyeight20´s last blog ..Rustic Industrial Kitchens =-.

6. gwendolyn commented
    May 5th, 2010 at 3:09pm

their work is just GORGEOUS! i can’t get enough of it! wonder if they are hiring…
    .-= gwendolyn´s last blog ..january =-.

7. Kristen commented
    May 5th, 2010 at 4:09pm

I am loving the white cabinet with the blue in-lay door. Very inspiring!

8. Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor commented
    May 5th, 2010 at 7:17pm

Thank you for the style tips! Made me pop a tape measure directly into my purse! Love that Turquoisy-Cerulean Blue light shade. Just stunning! Such a great inspiration for jewelry!
    .-= Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor´s last blog ..Dollhouse Miniatures… A Bit of a Break from Beads [Spotlight] =-.

9. Lady T commented
    May 5th, 2010 at 8:15pm

Wow! looks so peaceful. I’m thinking about redoing the sitting space in my bedroom their tips are very helpful!

10. Cookie Cutter commented
    May 5th, 2010 at 9:39pm

Thanks for the tips! I always seem to be picking paint color first before furnishings.

Absolutely smitten with that bed with the white headboard. It looks so plush and is well contrasted with the wallpaper!
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..Of Buntings and Garlands =-.

11. Queenie Bee commented
    May 5th, 2010 at 11:30pm

Love it! The turquoise and white colours really bring a freshness to the interiors
    .-= Queenie Bee´s last blog ..Back to life! =-.

12. Melissa Fielding commented
    May 6th, 2010 at 12:06am

I love the combonation of styles and how they harmonize.

13. Irene commented
    May 6th, 2010 at 12:21am

I just recently discovered MWM too, and blogged about them as well. I love their tips. And their work, of course.

14. Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas commented
    May 6th, 2010 at 1:03am

Fun! Very unique combinations, yet quite real, too…. almost as if things were inherited over time and merged bit by bit, gracefully together. Nice find!
    .-= Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas´s last blog ..Lovely Las Vegas: Feliz Cinco de Mayo =-.

15. Tina commented
    May 6th, 2010 at 1:41am

Orange and blue is smashing! Great, great pictures and good advice at the end! :-)
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..Oh, I won! =-.

16. Kristiina commented
    May 6th, 2010 at 1:53am

lovely lovely mirror frames!!! and the tips were great! thanks!

17. Mnemonique commented
    May 6th, 2010 at 4:34am

Great finding, great blog and great tips. I love your curiosity :)
    .-= Mnemonique´s last blog ..Walizki / Suitcases =-.

18. hena tayeb commented
    May 6th, 2010 at 11:19am

each picture.. each room is gorgeous.. so many things i love about all of them.. wow.
    .-= hena tayeb´s last blog ..Butt Cramps!!! =-.

19. Hunter commented
    May 6th, 2010 at 11:30am

I’m so excited to see more of Massucco Warner Miller- I fell in love with the spaces featured in House Beautiful, and these are even more amazing!

20. Danielle commented
    May 6th, 2010 at 1:55pm

Great tips! Thanks for sharing such useful info :).

21. Vicki commented
    May 6th, 2010 at 9:44pm

I love, love ,love their design sense. Amazing

22. ilmucts commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 1:42pm

really nice .. could imagine a very comfortable
    ilmucts´s last blog post ..Cara menempelkan flash animasi di blog