Shop Tours

Brass Razoo: Shop Tour

May 7, 2010

Good morning peeps and a big TGIF to ya! It’s nearly the weekend so let’s enjoy a few inspiring posts before I sign off, sound like a plan? First up… Are you ready for a little retail therapy? Kirsten Grove wrote in today to share her brand new business adventure with her pal Elise at Brass Razoo. Try not to drool.

Brass Razoo: Shop Tour

Kirsten just joined forces with an existing boutique in Nampa, Idaho (near Boise) called Brass Razoo and launched a vintage and repurposed furniture and home decor line. Her partner-in-crime is an established fashion and jewelry designer,Elise Vaughn, who is from Australia but now calls Idaho her home. She specializes in vintage clothing and accessories at her shop Brass Razoo — both designer clothing and repurposed. Then a new shop concept came back in January over a simple cup of coffee between friends Kirsten and Elise. They were hanging out discussing shop ideas — what could be, what they wanted to offer, bringing in a more green approach to home decor and furniture locally for a good price without sacrificing style, adding home decor and furniture to Elise’s existing clothing and jewelry lines — stuff like that. And that coffee talk grew, in a just a few months, to all this gorgeousness below.

Brass Razoo: Shop Tour

Brass Razoo: Shop Tour

Brass Razoo: Shop Tour

Brass Razoo: Shop Tour

Kirsten (left) and Elise (right).

The original Brass Razoo whop was a tad too small for Kirsten’s work so when they heard about a nearby boutique that wanted to downsize to a smaller building they swapped and took the larger space for themselves. They opened their doors last Saturday and above is just a glimpse of it – but a nice glimpse it is! What an inspirational story – women collaborating and sharing a business rock, don’t they? I am so inspired by women who collaborate in order to bring forth their dreams. You don’t have to do everything by yourself — in fact, often it’s best to partner up on certain business ventures because of finances but also it makes something like shop ownership more enjoyable as you have someone else to mind it while you are off doing the books or at a trade show and vice versa. I’m all for collaborating and hope to someday own my own shop and work with a partner or two myself. Gooooo team! Rah!

A warm congrats Kirsten and Elise and I wish you all the luck in the world.

(photos: amber fischer)

You Might Also Like

• Reply julie May 7, 2010 at 5:42 am

I so want to visit Brass Razoo, it looks amazing. Great job girls! I had seen some pic’s on Kirsten’s blog but it was great to read more about the store and how it came to be. So inspirational.

Happy weekend to you!!
    .-= julie´s last blog ..vintage diamond chair =-.

• Reply Flourish May 7, 2010 at 6:03 am

The white mirros – LOVE; the dressing rooms – LOVE; the wall of chairs – LOVE; mustard skirt on mannequin – LOVE; everything Brass Razoo – LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! :-)
    .-= Flourish´s last blog ..{Weekend Plans} =-.

• Reply Lori May 7, 2010 at 6:22 am

what a beautiful place. looks like a treat just looking around and taking it all in. I love the way they display their wares. I store my gemstones with a cork board and hooks, similar to the first photo.
    .-= Lori´s last blog’s too short for… =-.

• Reply Rebecca @ cubic dreams May 7, 2010 at 6:28 am

It looks beautiful. I especially like the display of the chairs on the shelves – such a unique way to show furniture.
    .-= Rebecca @ cubic dreams´s last blog ..Ferm Living =-.

• Reply laura trevey May 7, 2010 at 7:13 am

Very creative way to display those chairs!!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Flirty and Fun =-.

• Reply juliette May 7, 2010 at 7:33 am

Great shop! I love it when something so modern and fashionable is still able to achieve a cozy feeling. Cute dressing rooms, too! Way to go ladies!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Top 2 Music Videos in Germany =-.

• Reply Su May 7, 2010 at 7:38 am

I love collaborations between designers and yes, stories of women working together to realise their dreams truly rock!!!

Love the look and feel of Brass Razoo too :-)
    .-= Su´s last blog ..Hearting :: Pearls =-.

• Reply Piper May 7, 2010 at 8:13 am

That’s so true Holly! I was just writing about that the other day that I feel like it would be much easier if I had a partner for my store – someone to brainstorm with and get excited with! I’ve been following Kristen’s store – and it’s just amazing. The mirror wall…to die for :) If only I could go there!
    .-= Piper´s last blog ..{third drawer down} =-.

• Reply michelle May 7, 2010 at 8:18 am

Hi five to Kristen and Elise the place looks amazing. That one group of photos is chair heaven, I want every single one. Super happy for them but also just a little bit jealous. Owning a gorgeous shop like that is a dream of mine, it would be even better to do it with a close girl friend.
    .-= michelle´s last blog ..Crafty & Breaking My Own Rules =-.

• Reply Tina May 7, 2010 at 8:25 am

This yumminess is perfect to begin my weekend with – love the photos! :-)

Have a great weekend!
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..A little bit better but still not great =-.

• Reply Lucy B May 7, 2010 at 8:56 am

This is absolutely ALL that I like ! fashion, decor, recycling, vintage… and so stylish ! congratulations Kirsten and Elise.

• Reply Katarina Kotselainen May 7, 2010 at 9:17 am

So lovely, just everything!
    All the best for Kristen and Elise!
    .-= Katarina Kotselainen´s last blog ..Get a uniqe jewellery just by making one comment!!! =-.

• Reply Bridgette May 7, 2010 at 9:29 am

Love the all black wall! So chic and romantic…

• Reply Natacha May 7, 2010 at 9:50 am

I’m discovering your blog; si joli et mignon ^-^ (so lovely and cute), and this shop is arranged in a so creative way.

I’ll surely come back!

• Reply Michelle Slonaker May 7, 2010 at 10:06 am

Yeah! Something in my neighborhood! I actually went by Brass Razoo last weekend…its pretty great! Elise & Kirsten do beautiful work!

• Reply Nuit May 7, 2010 at 11:06 am

oh god… the chairs and mirrors are seriously to die for!!!
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..There! =-.

• Reply PureModLife May 7, 2010 at 11:24 am

completely amazing, the whole store looks gorgeous, & the write up on this piece…well done!

• Reply monica of hola!design May 7, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Amazing!!! I love the picture with the black wall and the black pictures frames!
    .-= monica of hola!design´s last blog ..Room for Children =-.

• Reply whitney May 7, 2010 at 12:28 pm

i haven’t been to their new store, but when i lived in idaho, i frequented the brass razoo. it was a go-to place to get cute clothes and jewelry! i will have to check out the new store next time i visit. how exciting!
    .-= whitney´s last blog ..may7. =-.

• Reply becky May 7, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Wow, I’ve been defending “the flyover states” for a long time when people deride them, and here is MORE proof that places like Idaho, St. Louis, Kansas City, Des Moines, Louisville, Cincinnati, Columbus, ETC. have mad style going on! What a gorgeous and original place – so inspiring. GO IDAHO!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente May 7, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Gorgeous is right! Wow….absolutely fantastic! I wish I could visit! It looks incredible! Congratulations ladies!
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Closer to home: the bedroom ( again) =-.

• Reply Kristen May 8, 2010 at 10:32 am

What an amazing shop! I hope to one day open my own store and I will be saving these photographs in my inspiration file. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Kristen´s last blog ..Let the Sunshine (Soon?) =-.

• Reply Kenziepoo May 8, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Love this shop tour!! Gorgeous! I am needing all of those chairs for my home. Thanks Holly for the tour!
    .-= Kenziepoo´s last blog ..Needing Some Cute Accessories? =-.

• Reply Mandi Johnson May 8, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Wow, this is so inspiring! One of my favorite posts you’ve done in quite a while. I love how eclectic their shop is. Just so spot on!
    .-= Mandi Johnson´s last blog ..More April JBS Mercantile =-.

• Reply Atypical Type A May 9, 2010 at 6:49 pm

Love the eclectic look. It’s so cosy I just want to take off my shoes, plonk down and make myself at home.

• Reply French Style Furniture May 10, 2010 at 7:09 am

Stunning, stunning collection, fantastic to see women collaborating.

• Reply alex*modernkiddo May 10, 2010 at 9:23 am

IDAHO??? Wow. At first scroll through/glance I thought this was an amazing home (which is kind of their point, a cozy space!). How awesome. Those little dressing rooms are the cutest ever.

.-= alex*modernkiddo´s last blog ..This is What a Mother Looks Like, Ya’ll. =-.

• Reply Emma May 13, 2010 at 2:01 pm

This was just the inspiration I needed to get my creative self it gear. BEAUTIFUL!

• Reply Emma May 13, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Of course I mean “in” gear- see, I am so impressed I cannot spell. :)

• Reply Tanya May 13, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Oh my goodness! I almost squealed when I read Nampa, Idaho! It is sooo uncommon to find a shop like this here in Idaho, and I cannot wait to visit! This is too good.

• Reply Candylei May 21, 2010 at 5:22 pm

It looks like a lovely place to be. Too bad we live so far away! I just found your blog today through