Brass Razoo: Shop Tour

Good morning peeps and a big TGIF to ya! It’s nearly the weekend so let’s enjoy a few inspiring posts before I sign off, sound like a plan? First up… Are you ready for a little retail therapy? Kirsten Grove wrote in today to share her brand new business adventure with her pal Elise at Brass Razoo. Try not to drool.

Brass Razoo

Kirsten just joined forces with an existing boutique in Nampa, Idaho (near Boise) called Brass Razoo and launched a vintage and repurposed furniture and home decor line. Her partner-in-crime is an established fashion and jewelry designer,Elise Vaughn, who is from Australia but now calls Idaho her home. She specializes in vintage clothing and accessories at her shop Brass Razoo — both designer clothing and repurposed. Then a new shop concept came back in January over a simple cup of coffee between friends Kirsten and Elise. They were hanging out discussing shop ideas — what could be, what they wanted to offer, bringing in a more green approach to home decor and furniture locally for a good price without sacrificing style, adding home decor and furniture to Elise’s existing clothing and jewelry lines — stuff like that. And that coffee talk grew, in a just a few months, to all this gorgeousness below.

Brass Razoo

Brass Razoo

Brass Razoo

Brass Razoo

Kirsten (left) and Elise (right).

The original Brass Razoo whop was a tad too small for Kirsten’s work so when they heard about a nearby boutique that wanted to downsize to a smaller building they swapped and took the larger space for themselves. They opened their doors last Saturday and above is just a glimpse of it – but a nice glimpse it is! What an inspirational story – women collaborating and sharing a business rock, don’t they? I am so inspired by women who collaborate in order to bring forth their dreams. You don’t have to do everything by yourself — in fact, often it’s best to partner up on certain business ventures because of finances but also it makes something like shop ownership more enjoyable as you have someone else to mind it while you are off doing the books or at a trade show and vice versa. I’m all for collaborating and hope to someday own my own shop and work with a partner or two myself. Gooooo team! Rah!

A warm congrats Kirsten and Elise and I wish you all the luck in the world.

(photos: amber fischer)

Posted by decor8 in Shop Tours on May 07, 2010

1. julie commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 5:42am

I so want to visit Brass Razoo, it looks amazing. Great job girls! I had seen some pic’s on Kirsten’s blog but it was great to read more about the store and how it came to be. So inspirational.

Happy weekend to you!!
    .-= julie´s last blog ..vintage diamond chair =-.

2. Flourish commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 6:03am

The white mirros – LOVE; the dressing rooms – LOVE; the wall of chairs – LOVE; mustard skirt on mannequin – LOVE; everything Brass Razoo – LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! :-)
    .-= Flourish´s last blog ..{Weekend Plans} =-.

3. Lori commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 6:22am

what a beautiful place. looks like a treat just looking around and taking it all in. I love the way they display their wares. I store my gemstones with a cork board and hooks, similar to the first photo.
    .-= Lori´s last blog ..life’s too short for… =-.

4. Rebecca @ cubic dreams commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 6:28am

It looks beautiful. I especially like the display of the chairs on the shelves – such a unique way to show furniture.
    .-= Rebecca @ cubic dreams´s last blog ..Ferm Living =-.

5. laura trevey commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 7:13am

Very creative way to display those chairs!!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Flirty and Fun =-.

6. juliette commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 7:33am

Great shop! I love it when something so modern and fashionable is still able to achieve a cozy feeling. Cute dressing rooms, too! Way to go ladies!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Top 2 Music Videos in Germany =-.

7. Su commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 7:38am

I love collaborations between designers and yes, stories of women working together to realise their dreams truly rock!!!

Love the look and feel of Brass Razoo too :-)
    .-= Su´s last blog ..Hearting :: Pearls =-.

8. Piper commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 8:13am

That’s so true Holly! I was just writing about that the other day that I feel like it would be much easier if I had a partner for my store – someone to brainstorm with and get excited with! I’ve been following Kristen’s store – and it’s just amazing. The mirror wall…to die for :) If only I could go there!
    .-= Piper´s last blog ..{third drawer down} =-.

9. michelle commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 8:18am

Hi five to Kristen and Elise the place looks amazing. That one group of photos is chair heaven, I want every single one. Super happy for them but also just a little bit jealous. Owning a gorgeous shop like that is a dream of mine, it would be even better to do it with a close girl friend.
    .-= michelle´s last blog ..Crafty & Breaking My Own Rules =-.

10. Tina commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 8:25am

This yumminess is perfect to begin my weekend with – love the photos! :-)

Have a great weekend!
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..A little bit better but still not great =-.

11. Lucy B commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 8:56am

This is absolutely ALL that I like ! fashion, decor, recycling, vintage… and so stylish ! congratulations Kirsten and Elise.

12. Katarina Kotselainen commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 9:17am

So lovely, just everything!
    All the best for Kristen and Elise!
    .-= Katarina Kotselainen´s last blog ..Get a uniqe jewellery just by making one comment!!! =-.

13. Bridgette commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 9:29am

Love the all black wall! So chic and romantic…

14. Natacha commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 9:50am

I’m discovering your blog; si joli et mignon ^-^ (so lovely and cute), and this shop is arranged in a so creative way.

I’ll surely come back!

15. Michelle Slonaker commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 10:06am

Yeah! Something in my neighborhood! I actually went by Brass Razoo last weekend…its pretty great! Elise & Kirsten do beautiful work!

16. Nuit commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 11:06am

oh god… the chairs and mirrors are seriously to die for!!!
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..There! =-.

17. PureModLife commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 11:24am

completely amazing, the whole store looks gorgeous, & the write up on this piece…well done!

18. monica of hola!design commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 12:26pm

Amazing!!! I love the picture with the black wall and the black pictures frames!
    Beautiful.
    .-= monica of hola!design´s last blog ..Room for Children =-.

19. whitney commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 12:28pm

i haven’t been to their new store, but when i lived in idaho, i frequented the brass razoo. it was a go-to place to get cute clothes and jewelry! i will have to check out the new store next time i visit. how exciting!
    .-= whitney´s last blog ..may7. =-.

20. becky commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 1:17pm

Wow, I’ve been defending “the flyover states” for a long time when people deride them, and here is MORE proof that places like Idaho, St. Louis, Kansas City, Des Moines, Louisville, Cincinnati, Columbus, ETC. have mad style going on! What a gorgeous and original place – so inspiring. GO IDAHO!

21. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    May 7th, 2010 at 3:17pm

Gorgeous is right! Wow….absolutely fantastic! I wish I could visit! It looks incredible! Congratulations ladies!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Closer to home: the bedroom ( again) =-.

22. Kristen commented
    May 8th, 2010 at 10:32am

What an amazing shop! I hope to one day open my own store and I will be saving these photographs in my inspiration file. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Kristen´s last blog ..Let the Sunshine (Soon?) =-.

23. Kenziepoo commented
    May 8th, 2010 at 1:39pm

Love this shop tour!! Gorgeous! I am needing all of those chairs for my home. Thanks Holly for the tour!
    .-= Kenziepoo´s last blog ..Needing Some Cute Accessories? =-.

24. Mandi Johnson commented
    May 8th, 2010 at 2:28pm

Wow, this is so inspiring! One of my favorite posts you’ve done in quite a while. I love how eclectic their shop is. Just so spot on!
    .-= Mandi Johnson´s last blog ..More April JBS Mercantile =-.

25. Atypical Type A commented
    May 9th, 2010 at 6:49pm

Love the eclectic look. It’s so cosy I just want to take off my shoes, plonk down and make myself at home.

26. French Style Furniture commented
    May 10th, 2010 at 7:09am

Stunning, stunning collection, fantastic to see women collaborating.

27. alex*modernkiddo commented
    May 10th, 2010 at 9:23am

IDAHO??? Wow. At first scroll through/glance I thought this was an amazing home (which is kind of their point, a cozy space!). How awesome. Those little dressing rooms are the cutest ever.

WOW.
    .-= alex*modernkiddo´s last blog ..This is What a Mother Looks Like, Ya’ll. =-.

28. Emma commented
    May 13th, 2010 at 2:01pm

This was just the inspiration I needed to get my creative self it gear. BEAUTIFUL!

29. Emma commented
    May 13th, 2010 at 2:02pm

Of course I mean “in” gear- see, I am so impressed I cannot spell. :)

30. Tanya commented
    May 13th, 2010 at 3:03pm

Oh my goodness! I almost squealed when I read Nampa, Idaho! It is sooo uncommon to find a shop like this here in Idaho, and I cannot wait to visit! This is too good.

31. Candylei commented
    May 21st, 2010 at 5:22pm

It looks like a lovely place to be. Too bad we live so far away! I just found your blog today through crescendoh.com

painting,