Emily Gilbert Photography

May 10, 2010

Perhaps you are in need of some interior inspiration today? Oh yes, you say. You’d like to escape from your job for just a few moments and slip into the comfortable magical world of interiors. This is no problem and is precisely what I am here for — to inspire and share and make your eyes dance. Thanks to Emily Gilbert Photography in New York we can enjoy a few rooms together right now in fact…

Emily Gilbert Photography

About Emily: After her post collegiate career as a set dresser in the television and film industry, Emily developed a passion for photography. Don’t see a connection? Here’s how you go from a set dresser to a pro interiors photographer, “Her fascination with lines, space, and repetition coupled with her experience as a Set Dresser lead her to the art of Interior & Architectural photography. Her interest in environments both meticulously designed and those that exist in nature is what drives her to capture the essence of each space she sets out to photograph.” Interesting, right?

Emily Gilbert Photography

Do any of the spaces above speak to you? I want the pink bathroom! And I love the idea of wallpaper on the ceiling — the black and white stripe wallpaper is fresh!

(images: emily gilbert photography)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Tina May 10, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Oh, oooh (almost fainting here) – I LOVE these; that gorgeous, green wallpaper, that gigantic map, the black and white rug… could go on, but those are my fav´s. :-)
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..Today I´m glad for… =-.

• Reply heidi May 10, 2010 at 3:16 pm

love the bathroom best , she is amazing!
    .-= heidi´s last blog ..A few finds…. =-.

• Reply mina May 10, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Oh wow, I love her work. That powder room is fabulous!
    .-= mina´s last blog ..Color Stories | Yellow =-.

• Reply Tanya May 10, 2010 at 3:22 pm

That’s a great story/connection. Love the photos.
    .-= Tanya´s last blog ..I Confess, I Hate Sitting in Austin Traffic =-.

• Reply renee May 10, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I also love the wallpaper on the ceiling, what a brillant, unexpected touch.

• Reply Ludmila {} May 10, 2010 at 4:16 pm

How cute is that yellow striped ceiling? Also love the pinky coral bathroom – so romantic!
    .-= Ludmila {}´s last blog ..A Lovely Stash =-.

• Reply Kelley Moore May 10, 2010 at 4:59 pm

The yellow & black room definitely speaks to me! You can definitely see her experience as a set dresser in that room, with the relationship between the lines, shades, colors and patterns! Lovely!

• Reply Adriana May 10, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Wow, does anyone know where in the world you can find that medallion rug in the nursery room with the yellow stipe ceiling? Love it!

• Reply Caroline May 11, 2010 at 1:46 am

Just great, so lovely!
    Do you know where the green patterned wallpaper comes from? I just love the pattern, and I’m looking for a new wallpaper to my hallway!
    .-= Caroline´s last blog ..Födelsedagspresent =-.

• Reply decor8 May 11, 2010 at 2:18 am

Caroline – Yes that is trellis by KWID (Kelly Wearstler).

• Reply Linsey from LLH Designs May 11, 2010 at 9:09 pm

The bathroom speaks my language, and the floors are totally unique! Love the silhouettes! I also like the vignette she captured in the mirror. Well done!

• Reply Terri May 11, 2010 at 9:14 pm

I love the giant map on the wall… what a fun idea for a kid’s room!
    .-= Terri´s last blog ..Tuesday Eye Candy… =-.

• Reply Deborah May 25, 2010 at 8:15 pm

ooo…ahh… I love the pink in the bathroom. Its breath taking. So beautiful!

• Reply Valerie July 24, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Do you know where I can get that exact damask stencil to create that pink bathroom? I’ve looked everywhere, help please!