Emily Gilbert Photography

Perhaps you are in need of some interior inspiration today? Oh yes, you say. You’d like to escape from your job for just a few moments and slip into the comfortable magical world of interiors. This is no problem and is precisely what I am here for — to inspire and share and make your eyes dance. Thanks to Emily Gilbert Photography in New York we can enjoy a few rooms together right now in fact…

Emily Gilbert Photography

About Emily: After her post collegiate career as a set dresser in the television and film industry, Emily developed a passion for photography. Don’t see a connection? Here’s how you go from a set dresser to a pro interiors photographer, “Her fascination with lines, space, and repetition coupled with her experience as a Set Dresser lead her to the art of Interior & Architectural photography. Her interest in environments both meticulously designed and those that exist in nature is what drives her to capture the essence of each space she sets out to photograph.” Interesting, right?

Emily Gilbert Photography

Do any of the spaces above speak to you? I want the pink bathroom! And I love the idea of wallpaper on the ceiling — the black and white stripe wallpaper is fresh!

(images: emily gilbert photography)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on May 10, 2010

1. Tina commented
    May 10th, 2010 at 3:04pm

Oh, oooh (almost fainting here) – I LOVE these; that gorgeous, green wallpaper, that gigantic map, the black and white rug… could go on, but those are my fav´s. :-)
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..Today I´m glad for… =-.

2. heidi commented
    May 10th, 2010 at 3:16pm

love the bathroom best , she is amazing!
    .-= heidi´s last blog ..A few finds…. =-.

3. mina commented
    May 10th, 2010 at 3:17pm

Oh wow, I love her work. That powder room is fabulous!
    .-= mina´s last blog ..Color Stories | Yellow =-.

4. Tanya commented
    May 10th, 2010 at 3:22pm

That’s a great story/connection. Love the photos.
    .-= Tanya´s last blog ..I Confess, I Hate Sitting in Austin Traffic =-.

5. renee commented
    May 10th, 2010 at 3:33pm

I also love the wallpaper on the ceiling, what a brillant, unexpected touch.

6. Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} commented
    May 10th, 2010 at 4:16pm

How cute is that yellow striped ceiling? Also love the pinky coral bathroom – so romantic!
    .-= Ludmila {CreamyLife.com}´s last blog ..A Lovely Stash =-.

7. Kelley Moore commented
    May 10th, 2010 at 4:59pm

The yellow & black room definitely speaks to me! You can definitely see her experience as a set dresser in that room, with the relationship between the lines, shades, colors and patterns! Lovely!

8. Adriana commented
    May 10th, 2010 at 7:15pm

Wow, does anyone know where in the world you can find that medallion rug in the nursery room with the yellow stipe ceiling? Love it!

9. Caroline commented
    May 11th, 2010 at 1:46am

Just great, so lovely!
    Do you know where the green patterned wallpaper comes from? I just love the pattern, and I’m looking for a new wallpaper to my hallway!
    .-= Caroline´s last blog ..Födelsedagspresent =-.

10. decor8 commented
    May 11th, 2010 at 2:18am

Caroline – Yes that is trellis by KWID (Kelly Wearstler).

11. Linsey from LLH Designs commented
    May 11th, 2010 at 9:09pm

The bathroom speaks my language, and the floors are totally unique! Love the silhouettes! I also like the vignette she captured in the mirror. Well done!

12. Terri commented
    May 11th, 2010 at 9:14pm

I love the giant map on the wall… what a fun idea for a kid’s room!
    .-= Terri´s last blog ..Tuesday Eye Candy… =-.

13. Deborah commented
    May 25th, 2010 at 8:15pm

ooo…ahh… I love the pink in the bathroom. Its breath taking. So beautiful!

14. Valerie commented
    July 24th, 2012 at 12:57pm

Do you know where I can get that exact damask stencil to create that pink bathroom? I’ve looked everywhere, help please!