Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

May 11, 2010

Good morning friends! How are ya? I hope that you are ready for Etsy Take Five Tuesday because I thought I’d get started early on this column today. You can shop for art prints, cosmetic bags, cute slippers, porcelain jewelry, mid century vintage goods for the home and more. See what you like and have fun viewing today’s picks! Oh and just so you’re in the loop, next Tuesday I have a guest who will be here to share her favorite etsy shops since I’ll be in London so you won’t miss a beat!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Sophie Blackall. “Sophie Blackall has illustrated over fifteen books for children and her paintings and three dimensional works have been exhibited in galleries in Sydney, Paris and New York, which sounds like a shopping bag but is actually true.”

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Lila Ruby King, “I am an Australian designer, currently based in Athens, Greece. I have a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Visual Arts, majoring in printmaking and with a minor in painting. I have since completed a Certificate IV in Jewelery Design and Manufacture.”

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Jonty Bloom. “I am an artist living and working in Brooklyn, New York. I like color. I like nature. That’s why I live in New York City!”

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Ameelia Bedelia.”I am a self-proclaimed pack-rat who gets way too much excitement out of very old things. I love the patterns, shapes and textures that came out of the mid-century era. I love discovering little pieces of history and using them to transform my space. Buying vintage is the ultimate in recycling, and I believe that used and re-used items have so much more character than what you find in stores today.”

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

JuJuBaju. “I’m Leila. Wife to a hardworking-so-I-can-stay-at-home-and-be-creative husband and mama to two beautiful-if-I-don’t-say-so-myself girls. We live in Winnemucca, NV. If you’ve every driven on I-80 you’ve probably stopped here for gas.”

(images: linked to their sources above)

• Reply jacqueline May 11, 2010 at 4:29 am

Very lovely shops. I really like Sophie Blackall’s illustrations! That print “You Left Your Coat Here Last Winter” is really pulling my heart string. :) Have a lovely merry happy tuesday! Love to you!
    .-= jacqueline´s last blog ..Not bad at all… =-.

• Reply Chymecindy May 11, 2010 at 4:34 am

I enjoyed reading this post. Thanks for sharing. I’m going to visit their etsy too.

• Reply Juana @ SweetVisualAids May 11, 2010 at 4:37 am

Great finds!! :) Specially like the illustrations from Sophie Blackall, they are very original!
    .-= Juana @ SweetVisualAids´s last blog ..The New York City Food Classics! =-.

• Reply Hazel May 11, 2010 at 4:47 am

Love all of the designers you have chosen today, but ABSOLUTELY love Lila Ruby King’s range! I am a heading over to her shop right-away, thank you for sharing your gorgeous finds. :) Hazel

• Reply Nicole May 11, 2010 at 4:55 am

Hmmm … a great selection – I could easily have something from everyone here. I especially love the slippers as it’s been a cold day here in Melbourne!
    .-= Nicole´s last blog ..PSSST! fabric and fabric packs now in the shop … =-.

• Reply Andrea May 11, 2010 at 5:10 am

Great finds!
    I LOVE Sophie Blackall’s work.
    Thank you for the inspiration!
    .-= Andrea´s last blog ..A Selection for Your Consideration… =-.

• Reply Ludmila {} May 11, 2010 at 5:25 am

Ameelia Bedelia and JuJuBaju made my heart hurt! so sweet finds, Holly!
    .-= Ludmila {}´s last blog ..Prop Stylist Heather Cameron =-.

• Reply Heidi May 11, 2010 at 5:48 am

I’m loving JuJuBaju and the fresh feel of her stuff! Thanks for the heads up.
    .-= Heidi´s last blog ..We Have Purpose! =-.

• Reply Julie May 11, 2010 at 5:49 am

Love the JujuBaju..and the name is just as good in my opinion!!
    .-= Julie´s last blog ..Samantha Robinson Porcelain =-.

• Reply Vanessa (Lady Grey) May 11, 2010 at 5:54 am

Great finds!
    I love the Jonty Bloom city prints… especially his take on the great wave.
    .-= Vanessa (Lady Grey)´s last blog ..What’s on your back burner to-do list? =-.

• Reply Su May 11, 2010 at 5:59 am

JuJuBaju – just beautiful!!!

and I love your phrase, I am going to borrow it and adapt it to: “I’m Su. Partner to a hardworking-so-I-can-stay-at-home-and-be-creative other-half and mama to a beautiful-if-I-don’t-say-so-myself girl.

Keep up the creative and beautiful work.

PS: Loving this blog more every time I log on!!!

• Reply lady a. May 11, 2010 at 6:34 am

I love Sophie Blackall’s illustrations, they remind me of my childhood.

• Reply Amiable Peculiarities May 11, 2010 at 6:40 am

Great picks Holly! I love the Sophie Blackall illustrations and the JuJuBaju products. Thanks!

• Reply brandeye May 11, 2010 at 7:13 am

what a great collection! and Ameelia Bedelia has to be the best shop name ever.
    .-= brandeye´s last blog ..the JoAnn Weinberg quilt =-.

• Reply Laura Gaskill May 11, 2010 at 8:06 am

Wow – Lila Ruby King’s jewelry is so unique! I just clicked over to her shop, and there are at least a half dozen pieces I would love to own :)
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..Davina + Daniel Giveaway! =-.

• Reply Beth May 11, 2010 at 8:32 am

Wow! These are great little pieces. I’m a BIG fan of etsy myself, and its nice to see someone else take great use of these ideas. I think its great that your brining focus to great artist that you find.

• Reply lindsay May 11, 2010 at 8:56 am

I love the graphic appeal of Jonty Bloom’s work! The necklace is very unique as well.

• Reply heidi May 11, 2010 at 8:58 am

Loved Amelia Bedelia best!!! they were all lovely though!
    .-= heidi´s last blog ..A few finds…. =-.

• Reply Shanon May 11, 2010 at 9:00 am

Have I mentioned how much I love Etsy Take Five Tuesdays? I really do! Such pretty finds, and so often things I’ve never ever seen before. It’s like shopping with a good friend who grabs your arm and says “Hey Shanon, did you see this?!” Thanks Holly! xoxo
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..Yesterday it felt like summer… =-.

• Reply Renee May 11, 2010 at 9:43 am

Sophie Blackall’s “Missed Connections” illustrations are one of the most clever things I’ve found on Etsy. She creates prints from the bizarre and romantic Missed Connections section of Craigslist. I think the bear suit one is my favorite.

• Reply hena tayeb May 11, 2010 at 10:04 am

lovely finds. I like Sophie’s prints.
    .-= hena tayeb´s last blog ..Where did spring go? =-.

• Reply Kristen May 11, 2010 at 10:08 am

I adore JujuBaju fabric slippers…cozy and stylish!

• Reply Anne May 11, 2010 at 10:37 am

Just looking at them makes my day. These are cool items to buy. The first picture on top looks elegant and arty.

• Reply Bobbi May 11, 2010 at 10:54 am

Sophie Blackall is certainly a hit! I love the whimsical, make-believe worlds in her illustrations.
    .-= Bobbi´s last blog ..My New Plant Friends =-.

• Reply Michelle Eggan May 11, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Thank you for the great finds! I so love the beautiful work of Brooklyn artist Jonty Bloom. Stunning color!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente May 11, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Love all of these! Thank you so much darlin, you know how I love your take 5 tuesdays! So much lovely color and I adore Sophie Blackall. *sigh*
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: Inspired by a dress =-.

• Reply Brooke H May 11, 2010 at 10:37 pm

I LOVE that Lila Ruby King necklace, I’m so bummed its sold out. As the daughter of a ceramicist I feel like I need to have it!
    .-= Brooke H´s last blog ..New to my shop: Magnets =-.

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang May 11, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Oh wow ~ Amazing finds!
    .-= Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog ..Have I told you about my friend Amy? =-.

• Reply Sarah May 12, 2010 at 2:36 pm

LOVE Love Love Ameelia Bedelia. I always enjoy Etsy Take5 Tuesday. Thanks for the great finds!

• Reply Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas May 12, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Oooooh, I really like the orange slippers from Ameelia Bedelia. Very cute. And she’s from Nevada. Gotta love that, hehe ; ).
    .-= Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas´s last blog ..Lovely Las Vegas: Ichiza Views and Food =-.

• Reply Holly May 3, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Oh I just love the work of Sophie Blackall!! Great pics again this week!!