The Allure of White

Hi there! My name is Brigitte, and I blog over at Covet Chicago. I’m here to chat with you a bit about white spaces, while Holly is off writing her best seller. I hope it’s ok to confess that I’m unbearably nervous, because Holly is like a rockstar to me. But, luckily, I am uniquely qualified to share some tips on designing dazzling white interiors, because I cannot have white walls in my own home. And, of course, we tend to obsess about what we can’t have, don’t we?

Skona Hem

I’ve always known that those gorgeous white walls (and glossy floors!) that I lust over in design mags and on my favorite blogs won’t work in my home. And, I always had a hunch that it had something to do with the very minimal natural light that I get.

But my resolve wavers. Until a few weeks back, when one of my favorite bloggers, Penelope Trunk (who does not write about design at all, coincidentally) tipped me off to the blog Colour Me Happy. I heart the interwebs. A few reads in, I hit gold with the post White is a Snob. Finally, truth acknowledged. In the post, Maria laid out advice from the book All About Colour.

Skona Hem

According to the book (and Maria), good white rooms always meet three demanding criteria. They must have: 1. Good light, 2. Harmonized proportions, and 3. A few attractive objects artfully arranged. Sadly, my home is lacking the first condition, which I find to be the most important.

See what I mean? I want to pack up my cats and move in! Not only is this image, found in BOLIG magazine, flooded with dazzling white light, but the hot pink accents are killer .

Ivy style33 and Real Living

The next rule is one I actively avoid. Mainly because I’m a perfectionist who could all too easily become overly adherent to the rule. But!

Domino

Or…

Perfect proportions by i l’aria.

Which brings me at last to #3. The biggest challenge. The styling trick that slays me, even though I purport to write a design blog myself. Ha!

Veranda

And!

Livingetc

There is one rule that I would add, and it’s evident in all of these images save two. It’s a taste thing. I like my home to feel eminently livable.

1.Veranda. 2. BOLIG 3. Country Living 4. Domino

Now that I’ve teased you with these images, I’d like to know…how many of you are in my boat?

And, what would you add to these criteria?

- Brigitte

Posted by decor8 in guest bloggers on May 17, 2010

1. Tanya commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 8:45am

There is something so pure and sophisticated about white walls
    .-= Tanya´s last blog ..What’s Your Story? (Guest Blog) =-.

2. Diana L commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 8:46am

I love your post. For me, I like color too much to do white. It is beautiful in some one elses house tho. Your last tip is great! I would add to that tip Texture. Most white rooms have some great textural elements too, such as baskets or rustic pine tables. Something that adds the warmth to balance all that cool whit.

Great post. Thanks for the inspiration
    .-= Diana L´s last blog ..Sea Breeze Bracelet Frosted White Sea Glass Slate Pearl Accents =-.

3. Mingma commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 8:56am

I think your right completely in saying white spaces dont work with out the right lighting. I think all white rooms can be almost sterile (shudder hospital springs to mind) without light and a dash of colour.

I found this image (though its a sketch) I think this offers the right amount of colour to bring the room to life.

White rooms are a dangerous territority – unless you get it right…its sooo wrong.

Love…love….LOVE the Veranda image. Though I somehow doubt it would so perfect lived in!

4. winter commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 9:00am

Thanks Brigitte, I like the break down of what works- white in photos is so lovely!

5. Suze commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 9:11am

Ciao Brigitte!

“And, of course, we tend to obsess about what we can’t have, don’t we?” –> SO true… I share your same situation of poor light in our current apartment. It’s in the ancient part of our city and poor light is the very common price to pay for being at ground floor with a small backyard… I love it anyway, but great light (A LOT of it) is among my “must have” conditions for a new home sometimes soon. I went visiting a possible one last saturday and I was just mentioning to the architect I’d probably do the walls white. He said white walls can be “sad” (sic!)… I couldn’t disagree more! :)
    And your great selection of images proves I’m right!
    “To know you is to love you” print is great! Any idea where that is form?

@Holly: hope you’re having fun and a super successful London adventure!

Ciao!
    Suze
    .-= Suze´s last blog ..Hello, little news and Beautiful Today: Sandra Suy prints =-.

6. MelanieO commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 9:25am

I really love the harmonized proportions by i l’aria. Great finds! I, too, wish for white but it’s really tricky to pull together.
    .-= MelanieO´s last blog ..Giveaway at SouleMama =-.

7. jenn commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 9:26am

god… i love that little wood table used to hold the bathroom sink. so simple… so beautiful!
    .-= jenn´s last blog ..the greatest place on earth… =-.

8. Kathi @ allthingswhite commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 9:36am

Thanks for the lovely and inspiring images! I have quite a bit of white in my house and I agree with the natural light, the rooms that have the most white in my home also have the best light. And I agree with Suze, texture is so important. A great worn wood piece, a wooly throw or plants and flower set off the white and keeps in from being harsh. The best part of white for me is the sense of calm it brings.

9. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 9:42am

I love these images and your thoughts….I always admire the all white spaces I do….and I LOVE to paint things white to refresh them :) I guess I don’t know why then I fill my home with color, I guess I just love the way they effect me, the colors I mean. But, for some reason I am stubbornly feeling that white would help a room without a lot of natural light but, you would know better. Thanks for this, I love all of the inspiration and being introduced to you is a plus! :)
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Monday: Inspired space =-.

10. Gwen commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 9:45am

I have to respectfully disagree with the first point. I’ve rented so many all-white apartments that I’ve always taken advantage of opportunities when landlords have allowed me to paint…with the exception of my last apartment, which was a tiny, low ceiling-ed “garden level” unit on the northeast corner. It’s the only place I’ve had where mega doses of white felt perfect, and anything else would have made it feel claustrophobic.

Also, ditto what Diana said about texture. More than any other element, I think that’s what makes an all-white room work.

11. Piper commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 9:55am

Hi Brigitte – how fun to see your guest post here today!! what a treat :) I love what you said about tending to obsess over things we can’t have…so true, isn’t it?! When we were renting we couldn’t have color on the walls, we just had white walls…so all I wanted was to have color! Now it’s nice to be able to have the choice :) Because there’s something so appealing to all white rooms. So serene and beautiful…but this list is great because it’s so true…without light, it doesn’t work!

Holly – hope you’re having fun & a wonderful time in London!
    .-= Piper´s last blog ..{shake it up – week 20 scoop} =-.

12. Bobbi commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 10:20am

I love looking at pictures of white rooms, but don’t think I could actually live it. I do plan to paint my kitchen white to see how I like it. I think white rooms work best when there are pops of color, like the hot pink up there. Love that light:)
    .-= Bobbi´s last blog ..Friday’s Herbal – Ginger =-.

13. Laura commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 10:33am

Although I find the white wash look incredibly clean and peaceful I, too, think that texture is incredibly important in balancing that crispness. I love the white painted paneling in the Domino picture because I feel like it adds a rustic touch that balances the clean, sparing palette. Unfortunately, as an owner of a small black lab, a pure white interior is definitely not in my immediate future so, alas, for now all I can do is lust after the rooms in the design mags.

14. Tricia Rose commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 10:38am

Hello Brigitte – an interesting post! My house was all white when I bought it, with what amounted to a central room – imagine how much light that got! I raised the ceiling, put in two little skylights,and painted the walls orange – I loved it! Just recently I repainted pale grey, but with the sunny rooms leading off pure white instead of various blah colors. It looks more ‘civilised’, but it lost something.
    I did notice the photos I liked best in your blog were white with lots of wood…
    .-= Tricia Rose´s last blog ..AIA Marin Tour – Hillside House =-.

15. Susana commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 10:48am

I absolutely adore white spaces and I am currently redecorating my living room in order to get as much white as possible. I sadly can’t have the white floor, but then I’ll have to live with it! White decoration is great for small spaces, such as my house.

The 3 rules you mention are a great tip and the one about the light is fundamental – my living room has 3 french windows connecting to the garden and I have increased the natural day light with the traditional trick – a big wall mirror.

As I also love color, so I couldn’t agree more with you about some colorful details, which I think add hapiness and life to an all white decoration.

I loved your post – it came in the right time for me!
    And I agree with you about the rockstar quality of Holly! :-)

16. Ilaria commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 11:19am

Hi Brigitte,
    thank you for including my picture in this inspiring post..and thank you for the “Perfect proportions”!!

Ilaria
    .-= Ilaria´s last blog ..Have a nice week! Buona settimana! =-.

17. Nuit commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 11:24am

these images are soooo inspiring!!! I’d love to have an all white home but i have children so it’s not a good idea ;) maybe when they are older though.

xox
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..South Africa dreamin…. =-.

18. Melissa commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 11:33am

I was just thinking about this weekend and I must say there is no way that I could pull it off… I lack the light and children who don’t spill everything every where!
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..Making to-do lists easier =-.

19. Ronique Gibson commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 11:57am

I think white is absolutely gorgeous – but I wouldn’t do it in my home. Between kids, pets, dirt, I don’t think it’s practical. BUT… I do think white can be pulled off in elements that the entire room doesn’t have to be white.

For example a white sofa, with pops of color for accent pillows works great. Your suggestion about light is essential. Whether you have absence of color or saturation of color – light is what makes it come to life.

I absolutely love that you did this article, because white is a powerful, or a calming color. Either way, some homes can pull it off.. and other’s can’t. But hey.. why not try!? :o)
    .-= Ronique Gibson´s last blog ..Green Living – A Manhattan high-rise apartment goes green! =-.

20. Angela commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 12:00pm

I really enjoyed reading this post. It’s so true that “white is a snob.” Ugh. I do agree with these rules, including your additional rule. Although it is a taste thing, I think adding an element of nature helps one feel at home rather than at a museum.
    Thanks for this post! :)

21. Will commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 12:01pm

Brigitte, what a fantastic guest post this is! I am a huge fan of colour, so I don’t often write about white spaces, so I really felt that I learnt something from this – thank you. P.S. You had no need to be nervous because this is a great post – loved it!
    .-= Will´s last blog ..{IKEA LIVE: My Highlight} =-.

22. Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 12:21pm

Thanks so much for the great post Bridgette! You did a great job!

I loved the rooms that you featured especially the first one with the pink accents and the dining room with the “To Know You is to Love You” paintings….so beautiful!! I am currently renting, but I am waiting for when I buy a house to paint the walls white, providing of course that I have enough light. I think I could work on the other criteria. Thanks again!
    .-= Shannon @ What’s Up Whimsy´s last blog ..BY FRYD Online Magazine =-.

23. Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 1:07pm

I can appreciate an all white room, and white decor, but I would never be one to do it… I love color way too much!
    .-= Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life´s last blog ..Announcing Veneer Designs! =-.

24. Melanie commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 1:15pm

I love white, but it’s not liveable for me. So much dirt gets tracked into the house, and I can’t imagine how much work it would be to try to keep it looking even reasonably clean. It is gorgeous, though. And soothing. Maybe one day when I’m out on my own I could pull off something like this.

25. Ashling commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 1:46pm

I agree I would add textures I think and patterns even if they are also in white, I think they add to the overall feel of the room and don’t make the room as cool and sterile looking. Here in Ireland people rarely have white rooms, we have pretty dull and cold weather with lots of rain so the white can be a little cold at times, it would look good in the summer months but not too sure about the cold winters, we tend to go for warmer creams. I love white rooms though particularly with a hint of bright colours like blue and pink. Love your post, keep up the good work Brigitte

All things nice…
    .-= Ashling´s last blog ..Some Items for my Wish List :o) =-.

26. spindelmaker commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 1:51pm

Contrast. I would add contrast. Not only to white. I feel that contrast applies to all interior, independent of what the main color is. Contrast in color, will make things pop out more. Same goes with texture. If you insist on having everything completely white, I would at least play around with different textures.
    Great post, by the way! You´re doing a great job :-)
    .-= spindelmaker´s last blog ..For the love of oranges =-.

27. Coco commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 2:00pm

Thank you Brigitte for this post. I have white walls in my house. Its in the kitchen. Its 100% pure white. I personally thinks it looks great and we just got the best light there in our house. I couldn’t figure out why I didn’t want those beautiful pure white walls in my living room… now I know: the light is dim here! I always thought of the opposite, that if you hadn’t enough light you best could use white to get it more spacy looking. But it just didn’t feel right to paint the walls white in my living room. I want to go with ‘old’ colors like petrol, ochre or my latest wish: aubergine.

28. mina commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 2:15pm

Hey Brigitte, Great job on this post. You converted me! I was always afraid of white walls for some reason but this is enough to convince me I can go white with no worries, it’ll look great.

Love that bathroom, my favorite! And those shelves on the right… sigh.. gorgeous.
    .-= mina´s last blog ..Color Stories | Purple =-.

29. Jes commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 3:18pm

When I bought my mid-century modern home last fall I immediately painted the dining and living rooms pure white. I have a wall of window across the rooms which brings in a ton of light. I’m still working on rules 2 and 3, mostly because I can’t seem to make a decision… there is too much out there that I love! I do get family members who tell me it looks too “sterile” for them, but I find it inspiring and it gives me a ton of options for decorating…maybe too many!

PS. I also love Maria Killam’s blog. I’ve been reading it for a while now and it is a great resource when making decorating/color decisions.
    .-= Jes´s last blog ..Another SWEET Online Mag =-.

30. Dovecote Decor commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 3:29pm

Just before reading this post, I read Decor Fellow’s latest post, in which there is an image of his home office space, which has wonderful clean white walls, and a contrasting, bright orange painted ceiling? And I must say, I’m loving it!
    Rule 5: White walls, bright ceiling
    .-= Dovecote Decor´s last blog ..Upholstery Trends =-.

31. Tina commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 4:00pm

Well, I do love white walls (I´m swedish, maybe that´s why) so I have a couple of those at home – however I match it with colorful accessories like paintings, carpets, pillows and such. I see it as a painters canvas; you begin with a white, blank canvas and then add things to make it interesting.

Light is important though, much harder if the light is bad.
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..The beginning of a shawl =-.

32. Sue commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 4:12pm

Great post. I love white rooms but for me they must have a big splash of colour like the hot pink room, gorgeous! I think the only other thing to add to the list of requirements is lots of time to keep it looking bright and clean. My wood burning fire stops me from even entertaining the idea of white walls, they would always look a pale shade of grey with that soot that just never goes away.

Holly I hope your’e enjoying your trip to London, the weather has certainly picked up for you.
    .-= Sue´s last blog ..Hot Pink Triangle Pattern Collage =-.

33. Claire Quilter commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 4:24pm

I wholeheartedly agree about good light. My current apartment has fantastic light and seems to have forced its whiteness on my decorating scheme. I love it.

I also think white decor calls for a bit of color somewhere. A pair of red slippers in an all-white bedroom? Fantastic.
    .-= Claire Quilter´s last blog ..Salem Tricorne Streamline – Serving Pieces – Mandarin Red =-.

34. sophie commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 6:04pm

i really really like this post!!
    Usually I LOVE bright colors but I am trying to sway away from them and this is great inspiration

everyone please check out my blog!
    sunnypeaches.blogspot.com
    .-= sophie´s last blog ..NEW YORK in 12 days =-.

35. cristin @ simplified bee commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 9:29pm

I agree, good lighting (natural or not) is important to the overall design of a space. I also think balance is key too – in regards to color, texture and proportion.

Wonderful post!

xo,
    cristin
    .-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Custom Eco-Friendly Fabric Printing – Spoonflower =-.

36. Jodie commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 10:20pm

I absolutely love Maria Killam. She really emphasizes undertones in color. I believe she would be in support of more creams if you can’t go with Super Whites. She would encourage you to start with the hard whites of your home and look for the undertones in that. For instance, the marble in the entryway or the counter in the kitchen. She would also have you look at your existing couch and curtains, then choose your white from there. I wanted the white walls too, but sadly, have bamboo floors that have a yellow undertone. Soooo, I’m going with Ben Moore OC1 Natural Wicker on the walls and Acadia White on the trim. It is beautiful so far and better than the brown that was there. But it is definitely cream. I am loving all the flow I am getting though and the marriage of my floors, couch and curtains. The challenge will be popping it with the color correctly and adding some architectural interest, which I have read is important with all white rooms…

37. A Merry Mishap commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 10:27pm

I love the idea of all white rooms but I definitely think lighting is key. I’d love to put a sky light in our kitchen and make the whole thing stark white!
    .-= A Merry Mishap´s last blog ..Togo =-.

38. Jessica commented
    May 17th, 2010 at 11:36pm

I have read Maria’s blog before and I wonder if it is just her who has a bent against white.

I live in a Northeast facing, oldly shaped (think pie) apartment. I used to have dark wood furniture and a dark couch and chair. One day, I just couldn’t stand it anymore! The darkness was making me nuts (coincidently, I live in the same city as Maria, on the west coast, and yes, it rains here a lot in the winter). I started painting. I painted one piece of furniture at a time creamy white. (My husband became worried what I was about to paint next, as the apartment evolved while he was a work. I enlisted my young children to paint too, lol. They painted their chairs, while I kept the table brown).

As my space lightened, literally, with licks of white paint, I felt lighter and brighter. I covered the furniture with slip covers and the couch with ikea’s BOMULL http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/40093648. Its neutral, natural, textured, and works up for washing with kids. While my home is predominately white, there is plenty of colour from kids paintings, cushions, carpets etc. I love living in my apartment now. Yes, I crave light. I long for windows that face the sun, but for now, I have the best I can do in my space. I could not go back to dark furniture.
    Sure white looks better with huge windows with floods of light. These photos sell decor books and magazines (and make me drool). Nevertheless, white has brightened my tiny corner of the globe.

39. bunny florentine commented
    May 18th, 2010 at 12:36am

My whole house is white but looks horrible, but I would love one day to have a space that looks gorgeous all white.

40. Taryn McIntosh commented
    May 18th, 2010 at 2:26am

Wow beautiful images. I also feel such a desire to have white walls and have been trying to decide whether I should paint our lounge white. For some reason it has felt like it would be a mistake and now I understand why… the light is too dull in there so it would end up looking cold and dull. With 5 months of rain ahead of me here in Cape Town I could do with some warmth and brightness.

41. ivy style33 commented
    May 18th, 2010 at 3:17am

Brigitte hi!

Nice to meet you through guest blogging for decor8. It’s a great post and I love all the pictures you chose. Thank you so much also for including one of my pictures!…it’s really nice to see our little Penthouse participating among such great interiors!

I more than adore white for its easiness in adopting and allowing for so many changes! I love the pops of colour and most of all I couldn’t agree more with you, that white interiors – especially walls – do need lots of bright, natural light to work. For the same reason, too much colour in a very bright place would be somehow too much and tiring.

I love it when spaces can be judged according to the context they are found in and there are no generalisations made. It is a sophisticated and honest approach.

Finally, yes, texture and again texture to bring interest and a cozier feeling in white places, so that they are livable and do not remind of a sterile, hospital’s environment.
    .-= ivy style33´s last blog ..Look around you…. =-.

42. whitecatvintage commented
    May 18th, 2010 at 6:11am

Oh be still my beating heart…One day I will have an all white house.
    .-= whitecatvintage´s last blog ..Cool vintage finds =-.

43. leslie commented
    May 18th, 2010 at 9:52am

Great post Brigitte! I love white! I have found that even apartments that do NOT have good light look great with a white interior. It actually helps brighten up a space that gets little light and can make the space feel bigger. That Bolig magazine shot is wonderful!
    .-= leslie´s last blog ..Rose Story Farm =-.

44. Meg Saunders commented
    May 18th, 2010 at 11:44am

Wow, perfect timing for this inspiring post. My husband and I are just renovating our first home and we are doing a total white-out! We are thrilled with the progress. I agree with the tips and have been attempting to follows these rules to make the white sparkle! When friends and family ask what colour we are doing and we say ‘white,’ we get a funny reaction. I just say to my husband, they’ll understand when they see it! Thanks again.

45. Emily commented
    May 18th, 2010 at 4:07pm

Yes to white! It feels so freeing to me, like I can breathe more easily – and there’s room to create. Great post! Thanks, Brigitte!
    .-= Emily´s last blog ..cupcake lollipops =-.

46. Karyna commented
    May 18th, 2010 at 5:12pm

I absolutely love the images and rooms you’ve posted. And I completely agree with these rules for a truly successful white room. As well good lighting is so key to just about any room…can’t wait to have one myself, lol. (I’m being hard on my apartment, poor thing). I also love color, not overdone of course, but I am one that if I had the right space I would most definitely try the white room.

I love your post and all the links. Thanks :)
    .-= Karyna´s last blog ..Upward Droplets – 5×7 inch Print – 100 percent Tree Free Cotton Paper =-.

47. White Cabana commented
    May 18th, 2010 at 8:30pm

I’m totally in your boat – a lovely white sailboat perhaps!? I’m addicted to white…as you can tell by my blog. I love quirky, interesting and sculptural white objects, white upholstering, white linens. It’s all just so fresh and airy for me. Love, love, love all the photos you pulled – fab post Brigitte!
    -Jordana
    .-= White Cabana´s last blog ..Tea & A Set of Wheels =-.

48. Jodie commented
    May 18th, 2010 at 8:32pm

The main issue in having white walls with a lack of natural light is that a light color on the walls will accentuate the shadows, while a darker color will not reveal your shadows. The problem can be remedied with proper lighting such as lamps, ceiling recessed lights etc.
    And wow, now that I am looking at my newly painted cream walls, they aren’t as forgiving with my vignettes and paintings. I am definitely in search of symmetry now.

49. Heather- Gathering Spriggs commented
    May 18th, 2010 at 9:46pm

wow. so impressive brigitte. you are a design queen. i love white too but can’t do it all over. i decided to do all white studio with one accent wall in aqua. but the rest of my home i must do warm tones to coordinate with my antiques and work around an indoor pet! :)
    .-= Heather- Gathering Spriggs´s last blog ..Au Naturel =-.

50. funcolors commented
    May 18th, 2010 at 11:33pm

“I therefore put out a challenge I’d love to read about on Decor8: show me light-less, odd shaped apartments with colour. I’d love to know how this is done well.”

Actually, I posted a comment some where around #34 that addresses this specifically. Guess it didn’t make the cut for some reason or I’m just not seeing it right now…

All hues work with all geographical exposures. You can use white in light-less rooms. You just have to know WHICH white. Partnering a paint color’s nuance with inherent light sources is how “it’s done well”. If you don’t know how to do that, partner nuance with quality of light, then it’s easier to say don’t do it at all. That’s not the right white answer. It’s just one answer.
    .-= funcolors´s last blog ..Color Myths – Color Meaning and Symbolism =-.

51. Post-College Working Girl commented
    May 18th, 2010 at 11:33pm

gah, I’m so glad that someone said enough with all this whitery. I can’t do it in my house either! I mean…I need color…because I don’t have good light…ugghh… thanks for reading my mind!
    .-= Post-College Working Girl´s last blog ..Plea-yea Puh-lease =-.

52. Maria Killam commented
    May 19th, 2010 at 12:29pm

Wow what a stunning post this is, thank you so much for the mention!!
    xo
    Maria

53. Erika - 2byDesign commented
    May 19th, 2010 at 6:44pm

Okay I don’t know HOW I missed this, but it’s FABULOUS. I for one am totally obsessed with white and devote, well, a serious amount of time disucssing it, thinking about it, coveting it, and, you get it. Mmmmmmm, white and clear. My two favorite colors.
    .-= Erika – 2byDesign´s last blog ..Weekly Whiteout =-.

54. Janet commented
    May 19th, 2010 at 7:57pm

I agree whole heartedly with needing color!…I can’t have white…I’m no designer but I know what I like.

55. Madera Design commented
    May 20th, 2010 at 5:00pm

i am such a color person that having white is such a novelty to me. i have decided to paint one of the rooms in my studio a white background, so i can use accents such as furniture findings and antiques to design the room. I’ll let you know how it goes!

56. Sara commented
    May 27th, 2010 at 8:49am

I love the idea of an all white room because anyone can do it even if your not an expert in style or decorating. I like the idea of decorating a bedroom in white because it gets the least traffic (compared with the kitchen or the living room) and everyone knows that no food or dirty shoes are allowed in!

57. Carrot commented
    June 5th, 2010 at 2:45pm

White rooms are really impressive.

58. Victoria Bellow commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 5:34am

Everything is just beautiful, I love the bed and all the linens,Colour white looks inviting and romantic indeed! fabulous post.

59. Vari commented
    July 8th, 2010 at 6:50pm

I couldn’t agree more, white is beau. The only thing I hate about it is keeping it clean and stay white ^_^;;; my creamy white couch is now yellowish…….