uncategorized

Happy Weekend!

May 21, 2010

I’d like to wish you a very happy weekend! Next week I will be reviewing a book that I know you’ll love, Leslie will be back with an inspirational Color Me Pretty post, I’ll round up some “London must-see” stops for those of you planning a trip there in the near future, and I’ll be sharing some of my highlights from London as well including a few favorite cafes that I know you will love (I did!). I’ll see you back here on Monday for a new week of inspiration and beautiful thoughts + things to inspire you. I also want to talk about something next Thursday that was inspired by a recent article that I read in a woman’s magazine that I think many women reading this blog will want to read so stay tuned for that — it’s a heavy topic but I feel like posting it anyway so next Thursday I will!

Happy Weekend!

Above is a bit of a glimpse of what afternoon tea looked like for me in London. I loved the gold teapot and had to capture the moment. Another thing I must tell you is this… you know when you travel there is always one song that will forever remind you of that particular journey? Well my “theme song” for my London trip is Guns and Horses by Ellie Goulding (it has a great hook). I picked up her CD (you may like it?) and think it’s just grand… And this leads me to a question because now I wonder if your last trip also had a theme song.

Where did you travel last and what was your “theme” song?

See you in a few days on Monday!

(image: holly becker for decor8)

32 Comments

• Reply Nuit May 21, 2010 at 12:18 pm

That teapot is adorable!!! I love tea time ;) Happy weekend Holly!!!
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..Totally inspired by: Flowers + Ceramics… {sigh} =-.

• Reply frauheuberg May 21, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Happy weekend, too…my last travel was to our parents in the Allgäu last weekend and our song was from rennee and jeremy “its a big world”…so a song for mommy and little one…we loved it…;)…look here…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Npu_ly3ZM&feature=fvst

have some lovley days back in germany and come “home” again…;)…

hugs and cheers

ines
    .-= frauheuberg´s last blog ..Let us bring the spring home…with Sodapop-Design =-.

• Reply Mimi May 21, 2010 at 1:09 pm

I know it sounds like a strange combo, but two summers ago, my husband and I spent two weeks traveling the southern beaches of Italy (tough trip, I know)! And for us, laying on the beach with our iPods listen to the Jurassic 5 album will always go together. That and some good eating!

• Reply laura trevey May 21, 2010 at 1:14 pm

I am drinking my hot green tea right now!
    Have a wonderful weekend ~~
    xoxo Laura

• Reply Lauren May 21, 2010 at 1:15 pm

that teapot is awesome! last trip was to mexico and there was lots of david gray involved
    .-= Lauren´s last blog ..What I’ve Been Checking Out… =-.

• Reply nina May 21, 2010 at 1:30 pm

nice topic :-) last weekend i travelled to brussels with my girls and we had sunshine and a beer on the roof-deck while camelia jordana was singing “non non non”. enjoy the weekend, holly!

• Reply Polly May 21, 2010 at 1:31 pm

I live in London so I’m looking forward to seeing what you enjoyed most! I’m excited about the Colour Me Pretty post! :) x
    .-= Polly´s last blog ..Topshop spree =-.

• Reply stephanie renee May 21, 2010 at 1:39 pm

yeah for tea time, i love the gold!
    .-= stephanie renee´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) May 21, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Oh Holly, that teapot is awesome! I am drinking tea right now, and the first thing that popped into my head was that tea time truly is golden time. So fitting to have a golden teapot!

The last trip I made was to the grocery store and I can’t remember what was on the radio, but Shotgun Party was playing in my head — heard them at the Renegade Craft Fair on Sunday and loved every minute! They have a jazzy, 30’s style, country, swing style that’s hard to describe. :)

Off to listen to Guns and Horses! Can’t wait until next week! :)
    .-= sideoats + scribbles (Lisa)´s last blog ..Nothing smells as sweet… =-.

• Reply Lucia May 21, 2010 at 1:43 pm

I love the gold teapot, teapot collector I am and I fell in love is it, my last trip was to Brazil and do not remember any particular song haha, happy weekend!

• Reply Melanie May 21, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Im in love with that gold teapot!
    It’s quirky. My last trip was last July to San Diego.
    I don’t recall a particular song that stood out though…

• Reply Katherine May 21, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Muse’s Uprising! It was playing on the radio every time we’d get in the car to drive. This was the end of summer last year in the UK & it’s now coming out on the radio in the US, so it reminds me of driving around Britian every time I hear it here!
    .-= Katherine´s last blog ..missing in action =-.

• Reply alysia May 21, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Italy was my last trip and this song just makes me smile and smile and smile!

.-= alysia´s last blog ..Bokeh (ttv) =-.

• Reply Chloe May 21, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Holly,
    Mmm…that teapot! :)

I don’t normally have a “song” for trips…for me its a scent. Ever since I was young, whenever I was going on a big trip (the Netherlands, Brazil, summer camp, etc.), I’d pick out a small special lotion or perfume that I’d use the whole trip. Then after the trip I wouldn’t use it but only pull it out on special occasions to enjoy the wonderful scent and be transported right back to specific memories and feelings I had on that trip.

I took a pink bottle of sweet pea hand lotion with me to summer camp as a teenager, and even now opening it I am reminded of the creaking wood floors, a lonely hike, guy drama….haha

…anyway sorry for rambling!

<3 Chloe

• Reply Dulci Dantas May 21, 2010 at 4:27 pm

I think life needs a good soundtrack. Yeah! Music has power to transform places and moments. That’s why I always have my Ipod with me, everywhere, anytime. My last trip was to London too (!) and during the flight I listened Viva la Vida, Coldplay. And then started my unconditional love for those guys and their beautiful songs.
    I’m waiting for you return next week with tips for my next time in London, I hope next September! Have a nice trip! By the way, I love your blog!
    .-= Dulci Dantas´s last blog ..Beleza para todo o sempre =-.

• Reply Gina May 21, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Love the gold teapot! My friend and I went to Ireland a few years ago and on the way back to the airport at the end of the trip, Green Day’s “Time of Your Life” was playing. Never really liked Green Day so much, but I’ll always have a special place in my heart for that song.

• Reply Marthe May 21, 2010 at 4:54 pm

I’m going to London again this summer, so I’m really looking forward to your posts!

Also, my last trip was to London and the song was Fireflies by Owl City. Hearing that song today brings up memories! :)
    .-= Marthe´s last blog ..How to get started with lomography =-.

• Reply Elissa May 21, 2010 at 4:55 pm

I love the golden teapot! The last time I was in the UK, everywhere we went we heard the song Crazy in Love by Beyonce (that tells you how long it’s been since I’ve been over there). It was almost inescapeable! Now everytime I hear that song I think about driving around northern England and Scotland.

• Reply Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas May 21, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Very cute and unique coloured tea pot! Lovin’ the Ellie Goulding musikk – don’t think I was aware of her before… but her voice is amazing – especially the first part of the song.
    .-= Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas´s last blog ..Lovely Las Vegas: Four Seasons Verandah High Tea =-.

• Reply Susana May 21, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Can’t wait till Thursday! :-)
    Until then, have a very nice and sunny weekend!
    .-= Susana´s last blog ..As babetes da Conchinha =-.

• Reply Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor May 21, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Well to tell you the truth the last trip I went on was today to Costo… the theme song was Jack Johnson’s “Sitting, Waiting, Wishing” I wasn’t in the long weekend line up! :-)
    .-= Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor´s last blog ..UV Resin Technique Video – Now Playing – Polymer Clay Library =-.

• Reply Tanya May 21, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Is that a magic lamp?
    .-= Tanya´s last blog ..Free People Blog Feature Post =-.

• Reply Claire May 22, 2010 at 3:04 am

I love the gold teapot. What a great addition to any tea set. It stands out in an elegant way.

• Reply Kira May 22, 2010 at 4:25 am

Awesome teapot! Love that tiny bit of gold-glam with a cuppa :)
    .-= Kira´s last blog ..Saturday Another =-.

• Reply Astrid May 22, 2010 at 8:03 am

A golden teapot. Instant luxury groove. Fabulous. Looking forward to your next inspirational posts!

• Reply Kim May 22, 2010 at 10:32 am

That gold teapot is AMAZING!
    Do you know where I could find one like it??
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..Apt. 4 =-.

• Reply eleanor May 22, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Tbilisi, Georgia and Bon Jovi, particularly Runaway. It was playing in a bar one night and got stuck in our heads!

• Reply Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life May 22, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Looking forward to the routine I expect here at Decor8 (your posts Holly, and Leslie’s guest post!)

Can’t wait to read about your trip!
    .-= Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life´s last blog ..New Series: On my way home… =-.

• Reply Keska George from KG Style May 23, 2010 at 6:56 pm

I loved the teapot!
    Just went away with a few friends to Orland, FL!
    Our theme sing was a very urban hip hop song “All i do is win” – everytime it came on – we all got up and danced!!!
    It played pefectly with everything we were going to FL for – my marriage, our friend’s graduation and just starting life!

• Reply Sofia May 23, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Great song indeed:)

I’m addicted to it to be honest:P
    .-= Sofia´s last blog ..The story of the co-founder of Apartment Therapy =-.

• Reply Östangård May 24, 2010 at 1:16 am

Hi!
    Found your blog when I looked around in the blogosphere.
    Wonder if it’s ok that I borrowed some pictures and post them on my blog?
    Will of course refer to both your blog and the page you’re referring to.
    Was planning to use the amazing photos of Squint.
    Best regards
    Lotta/Ostangard

• Reply garima May 24, 2010 at 4:30 am

Hi! Just started following Decor8 and Loving It! Was showing the lovely golden teapot to a friend and can’t wait to find one for myself (even though i am not a major tea drinker!).

I went to Hong Kong last year with friends and group song was Sexy Bitch by David Guetta! It was so perfectly apt for our party trip! ;) but the one song i can’t forget as a traveller is this spanish singer called Nek and his song “Laura no esta”. It was my first trip out of the country, first trip all alone and first trip to SPAIIIIIINNNNN, to learn the language. This song played in my ipod in every city i traveled to! Memory song……..