We Love Living: New!

While at the farmers’ market this morning gathering peonies, freesia and veggies for my table I came across a kiosk and spotted a brand new decorating magazine called We Love Living. Great title! The magazine is very similar to Living & More (also published in Germany) but has a bit more English text in it and feels fresher and younger which I love.

We Love Living

Their motto is to, “Be the change you want to see in the world”, a familiar expression but so powerful. I like the message behind this magazine as it supports what I stand behind so fully — the idea of loving your life and being happy THEN tailoring your home to meet the needs of you and your family — to support you spiritually, emotionally, physically… in every way. I think for a long time we were more interested in impressing others and less so in living at home – really living there and loving it – this is how it should be but how it wasn’t for awhile as the trend was to simply fill your home with what would make the neighbors say, “Ooooh my”.

We Love Living

These days I feel this shift, it’s been going on for awhile but getting stronger, but I feel a shift in how people live at home and how they are decorating — don’t you? In more affluent parts of the world in pockets where there is wealth there is always a feeling that one must have the biggest and best to beat out all of the others. But in my circle of friends, and no doubt in yours too, there is more of a feeling now to personalize the space and to be a bit different from the pack.

We Love Living

We Love Living

We Love Living

We Love Living

Truly, the home is the only place on earth where we have absolute freedom of self expression. We can run nude from room to room if we choose, eat cereal for dinner from time to time, throw our clothes on the floor if we’re too tired to bother, and dance in the shower singing Donna Summer tunes with a shampoo bottle as our mic. It’s not just where we can be 100% ourselves, but it’s also where we can show our personality through how we choose to decorate and live — the colors we select, the crafts we make and display, all of it gives us a unique opportunity to surround ourselves with what makes us, well, us. I’m still a student of German so I cannot read all of the text in We Love Living as well as I wish I could — but I get the sense that this magazine supports how I feel about the home and it precisely why I like it. It’s also very affordable, only 2,90 Euros per copy and it is sold all over Germany, Austria and Switzerland, 10 issues per year beginning with the one shown in these photos – their first of what I hope to be many, issues to come.

We Love Living

I wish the team in Offenburg at We Love Living, Caroline Vogel, Angelika Wuenscher, Stephanie Volk and Petra Weissburger all the best with their new magazine!

(images: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on May 26, 2010

1. anne keane commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 7:53am

I love the fresh looks!

adjewelry.blogspot.com

2. Make, Do & Send commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 8:03am

You really got me thinking with this post Holly. Me and my boyfriend are thinking about buying our first home soon and whilst I know we wont be able to afford our dream house straight off the bat I know that what ever we do find I will be able to turn it into the perfect first home for us by bringing our personality and style to the space all i ask is that it has lots of light! I am also continually inspired by the little details I find on blogs like yours and all the wonderful homewares on etsy that I can use to style up the space and make it individual and totally ‘us’ :)
    .-= Make, Do & Send´s last blog ..Primele Address Stamps =-.

3. Nidhi commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 8:04am

You are so right – a home is an extension of the person – and you dont really need loads of money to make it special! And the magazine is sehr schon!

4. Manon commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 8:05am

Ok.now I need to go outside an get the magazin. :) thanks for finding it

5. Raru commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 8:14am

Ha ha… Love your post really. And this magazine looks really fresh and clean.
    :) Thank you.

xoxo,
    raru
    .-= Raru´s last blog ..Quotes ? ?????? =-.

6. Stina commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 8:21am

Oooh, lovely! I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy. Maybe I’ll see if my supermarket has it this afternoon!
    .-= Stina´s last blog ..Die Jugend von heute =-.

7. kerri commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 8:33am

that IS a great title! thanks for spreading the word-

8. Justine commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 8:34am

Ever since Borders have closed down in the UK, I haven’t been able to find any great magazines like this one. The selection of magazines in the supermarkets are not my cup of tea! I have my Country Living subscription, but I need more!!! The selection of UK home and craft mags seem to be a little poor, or I just don’t know where to look!

9. Jacqueline commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 10:23am

Very well said, Holly. The heartbeat behind why and how I decorate my home has always been the opportunity for building lifelong relationships with my family, friends, and all who come through my door. I long for my home to be somewhat of an extension of my arms stretched open wide to embrace and provide comfort to its occupants and guests. This post was such a great reminder of that desire of my heart. Thanks for the inspiration!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..Unconditional Love =-.

10. juliette commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 10:28am

oh this is so exciting! this looks really lovely and I will definitely be grabbing this magazine if I can find it in my area (will probably have to make a run to the train station)! I agree, many of the German decor mags feel ‘older’ somehow, and not as fresh, so this would be a welcome addition to my couch tisch! =)
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Top 2 Music Videos in Germany =-.

11. Laura commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 11:14am

This looks like a great magazine. Do you know if there’s a French edition?
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..Ceramic Mosaic Relief – Blue Scarab – Original Art =-.

12. Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 11:15am

the crispy images make so jealous and inspired at the same time! jealous because I don’t access to this magazine!!! inspired, oh well, you understand why :). Great find, Holly!
    .-= Ludmila {CreamyLife.com}´s last blog ..Tall Headboards =-.

13. Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 11:15am

the crispy images make me so jealous and inspired at the same time! jealous because I don’t have access to this magazine!!! inspired, oh well, you understand why :). Great find, Holly!
    .-= Ludmila {CreamyLife.com}´s last blog ..Tall Headboards =-.

14. MmePaulita commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 1:49pm

very cute. I love the colors of the magazine
    .-= MmePaulita´s last blog ..Pretty Amazing Morning =-.

15. Briana commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 2:42pm

This magazine looks so fresh and inspiring. Wish I could read german :(
    .-= Briana´s last blog ..:: Luckett Spring Market :: =-.

16. Frau Mayer commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 3:08pm

Till now, all the mags I really love had the word LIVING in them (Real Living, Living and More, Living Etc). Let’s see if this one can join in :)
    .-= Frau Mayer´s last blog ..News from the Fantastic Flat =-.

17. Tanya commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 4:24pm

This post is so beautiful. The photos and rooms themselves are gorgeous, but your words describing home truly captures what its all about. Thank you.

18. a pocket full of posies commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 10:33pm

ooooh! wishing I could find a copy in the U.S.! LOVE the thoughts behind this new mag.!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings!
    Jill
    .-= a pocket full of posies´s last blog ..My new car! =-.

19. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    May 26th, 2010 at 10:35pm

So lovely….I adore that image with the yellow flowers! And I completely agree….such a wonderful way to make a home.
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Melissa loves: Unknown… =-.

20. jennifer ramos commented
    May 27th, 2010 at 1:08am

Interesting new magazine…as always you find the coolest ones. :)))

Jen Ramos
    madebygirl.blogspot.com
    .-= jennifer ramos´s last blog ..Leah’s Colorful Home Tour… =-.

21. bianca commented
    May 27th, 2010 at 1:54am

hi holly,
    yes, the magazin looks beautiful … but there are so many stories out of other magazins, so i think, i buy it never again, before i take a look inside …
    xo bianca
    .-= bianca´s last blog ..ein bischen umgeräumt =-.

22. katrin commented
    May 27th, 2010 at 6:25am

I jump and get one in the next Kiosk!
    Thank you for posting!

23. Manette commented
    May 27th, 2010 at 12:51pm

I want this magazine, maybe I can find it at Borders? Even if it is in German – great style has no language barrier. Thanks for sharing.

24. Nicolai commented
    May 27th, 2010 at 2:10pm

I LOVE WE LOVE LIVING!!!

25. Hannild commented
    May 27th, 2010 at 2:13pm

YES! -I Also Love We Love Living!

26. Annette commented
    May 28th, 2010 at 9:38am

I bought it yesterday since the pictures in this blog caught my eye, but it’s not my cup of tea. If you prefer a clean retro style with only a few whimsical details, then you might find it too “pink” after all. As a writer, I’m not too enthusiastic on the texts either. Some nice pictures, some nice recipes, not enough substance for a magazin, in my very personal opinion.

27. angela commented
    June 12th, 2010 at 6:00am

holly…

so glad that you literally “stumbled” upon this magazine!

petra and caroline are dear friends of mine… and what they put together is not just a labour of love, but truely a signature of themselves, their style and passion.

and i think the title says it all… we love living.

just a few more weeks and the next edition is out.

i can promise you, it’s going to be just as wonderful too!

hope all is well with you…

ganz liebe grüsse,

angela.

28. Meyer-Lavigne commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 12:35pm

How nice to see the photos we took of Michelles summerhouse. We had not seen the magazine, so it was nice to discover.
    Warm regards,
    Kristine and Sabine

29. decor8 commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 2:44pm

Kristine/Sabine – You took them? Oh you did a lovely job. The magazine didn’t mention that (I don’t think) so I didn’t know. It was a wonderful spread, you did an amazing job.