May 28, 2010

There is this natural wood desk light that I’ve been spotting more and more, last week in London it waved to me from a shop window and this week in Hannover it called out to me from another store yet again. Thinking it was a million dollars, I didn’t bother to investigate further. Then last night at home I decided to google it and discovered that it is called the Wood Lamp designed for Muuto, a company inspired by the Finnish word muutos which means “new perspective” and this is exactly what they give everyday objects – a new take on the ordinary. And it’s affordable, well you know… sorta. It seems to be around $200 USD which I guess is fine if you compare it to most designer lamps on the market.

By teaming up with some of the most talented Scandinavian designers they are able to not only represent the best in modern Scandinavian design but also to give each designer an opportunity to share a personal story through the objects that they design for Muuto. I could easily have any of these things in my home — but it’s the wood lamp that I crave most for it’s simple form and materials yet strong presence – a good conversation piece!

P.S. If you love wood, don’t miss the blog of the week: I Heart Wood. It’s great!

(images: muuto)

You Might Also Like

• Reply sandra May 28, 2010 at 4:33 am

A beautiful lamp! I think Housedoctor has a wooden one as well. I’m really into that whole trend with “raw” wood.

• Reply Maria Helena May 28, 2010 at 5:08 am

I loooveee muuto, i’ve been hunting those natural wood hooks, so beautiful, it’s like a wall of like mushrooms ;)
    .-= Maria Helena´s last blog ..Petra Bindel =-.

• Reply Andreia May 28, 2010 at 5:24 am

The lamp in the first photo is very beautiful and I also like the dots coat hooks.

you may also like these wooden objects : http://www.pauloramunni.com/flash_content/flash_content.html

• Reply Annette May 28, 2010 at 9:29 am

I finally got “The Dots” and love them. They look great a corner I painted grey.

• Reply Clara @ The Home in Paradise May 28, 2010 at 10:28 am

Nevermind the products, I want that driftwood bench!
    .-= Clara @ The Home in Paradise´s last blog ..Nadia’s bedroom makeover (part 1) =-.

• Reply Kotilo May 28, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Simple beauty! Funny that I didn’t know the word “muuto” though I am a Finn and Finnish is my mother tongue :)
    .-= Kotilo´s last blog ..Portugali osa 1 – sympaattisesti rempallaan =-.

• Reply Rachel May 30, 2010 at 9:36 am

wow, i really like that wooden lamp, so simple and gorgeous!
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..New Things from Our Shops of the Week =-.

• Reply Decorative Floor Lamps May 31, 2010 at 10:29 am

$200? not bad for that kind of design. I really love it.
    .-= Decorative Floor Lamps´s last blog ..Galileo 3 Light Floor Lamp – Stylishly Designed Decorative Lamp =-.