Muuto

There is this natural wood desk light that I’ve been spotting more and more, last week in London it waved to me from a shop window and this week in Hannover it called out to me from another store yet again. Thinking it was a million dollars, I didn’t bother to investigate further. Then last night at home I decided to google it and discovered that it is called the Wood Lamp designed for Muuto, a company inspired by the Finnish word muutos which means “new perspective” and this is exactly what they give everyday objects – a new take on the ordinary. And it’s affordable, well you know… sorta. It seems to be around $200 USD which I guess is fine if you compare it to most designer lamps on the market.

Muuto

Muuto

Muuto

Muuto

By teaming up with some of the most talented Scandinavian designers they are able to not only represent the best in modern Scandinavian design but also to give each designer an opportunity to share a personal story through the objects that they design for Muuto. I could easily have any of these things in my home — but it’s the wood lamp that I crave most for it’s simple form and materials yet strong presence – a good conversation piece!

P.S. If you love wood, don’t miss the blog of the week: I Heart Wood. It’s great!

(images: muuto)

Posted by decor8 in furniture, lighting on May 28, 2010

1. sandra commented
    May 28th, 2010 at 4:33am

A beautiful lamp! I think Housedoctor has a wooden one as well. I’m really into that whole trend with “raw” wood.

2. Maria Helena commented
    May 28th, 2010 at 5:08am

I loooveee muuto, i’ve been hunting those natural wood hooks, so beautiful, it’s like a wall of like mushrooms ;)
    .-= Maria Helena´s last blog ..Petra Bindel =-.

3. Andreia commented
    May 28th, 2010 at 5:24am

The lamp in the first photo is very beautiful and I also like the dots coat hooks.

you may also like these wooden objects : http://www.pauloramunni.com/flash_content/flash_content.html

4. Annette commented
    May 28th, 2010 at 9:29am

I finally got “The Dots” and love them. They look great a corner I painted grey.

5. Clara @ The Home in Paradise commented
    May 28th, 2010 at 10:28am

Nevermind the products, I want that driftwood bench!
    .-= Clara @ The Home in Paradise´s last blog ..Nadia’s bedroom makeover (part 1) =-.

6. Kotilo commented
    May 28th, 2010 at 2:29pm

Simple beauty! Funny that I didn’t know the word “muuto” though I am a Finn and Finnish is my mother tongue :)
    .-= Kotilo´s last blog ..Portugali osa 1 – sympaattisesti rempallaan =-.

7. Rachel commented
    May 30th, 2010 at 9:36am

wow, i really like that wooden lamp, so simple and gorgeous!
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..New Things from Our Shops of the Week =-.

8. Decorative Floor Lamps commented
    May 31st, 2010 at 10:29am

$200? not bad for that kind of design. I really love it.
    .-= Decorative Floor Lamps´s last blog ..Galileo 3 Light Floor Lamp – Stylishly Designed Decorative Lamp =-.