Creative Craft Nook

Would you like to see an inspirational crafty nook? Danielle from the Thompson Family Life blog wrote in last week to share with decor8 readers a glimpse into her lovely crafting and sewing space. Danielle’s inspiration comes from many sources — retro colors, bazaar style, Scandinavian modern lines, granny chic and vintage kitsch — all things that she loves and somehow managed to combine to make the sweetest nook ever. Wouldn’t you love to spend your day crafting in a corner like this?

Here is her resource list in case you spot something that you’d like to have. Cabinets: IKEA covered in vintage wallpaper, Desk: Target from a few years ago. Bottom drawer covered in vintage wallpaper. Chair: Liberty of London from Target. Floral Baskets: Liberty of London from Target. Wire basket: vintage. Tin Camper: vintage, Spool rack: Michael’s, primed & spray-painted yellow. Spool original art from: Michele Maule. Barbie Case: vintage. Child’s sewing machine: vintage. Paper lanterns: eBay. Butterfly Wall Art: Vintage, with outer frame spray-painted yellow. Young girl original art: Vintage.

So pretty! To see more photos and to be inspired by Danielle everyday, please visit her on her pretty blog!

(images: danielle thompson)

Posted by decor8 in Home Tours on June 01, 2010

1. Tina commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 2:49am

Oh, I’m jealous! Such a lovely place to work in, and a proof you can make miracles without spending much. Great job Danielle!

2. Will commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 2:52am

YES! This space is crafting heaven!
    .-= Will´s last blog ..{10 Things I Learned This Weekend…} =-.

3. alex. commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 3:25am

Pretty colours :o)
    .-= alex.´s last blog ..Meine Flotte… =-.

4. juliette commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 4:51am

this is really inspiring! I like some of her ideas and will be trying to implement them in my yellow office – it’s too sterile in there right now…

5. Rachel commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 5:58am

wow, that is truly a “happy” corner to work on :) wouldn’t mind working in that nook all day!
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Beautiful Recycled at Cosa Verde =-.

6. pilgrim commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 6:53am

oh, yay danielle!! so exciting to see her on here. only she could make a ‘nook’ so fabulous!

7. Katy commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 9:19am

Really beautiful! I need some serious help trying to figure out how to make my crafting space more functional.
    .-= Katy´s last blog ..Two Great Fashion Shows in SF =-.

8. Brigitte commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 9:26am

To.die.for. I am crazy about this workspace.
    .-= Brigitte´s last blog ..(No) Plans for the Holiday Weekend =-.

9. Tanya commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 9:39am

I am so envious of this space. So beautiful, so much room, so organized.
    .-= Tanya´s last blog ..Find the World’s Sweetest Combination =-.

10. amy commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 12:03pm

Danielle – I adore your space. So pretty and fun… Totally coveting your crafting stash too :)
    .-= amy´s last blog ..Inspired by: Alexander von Humboldt’s new botanical book =-.

11. katrina commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 12:04pm

Danielle Thompson RULZ! i adore her digikits, her home, and her style — she’s a super style muse. :)
    .-= katrina´s last blog ..Flickr Fave: Yvette Inufio =-.

12. alex*modernkiddo commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 12:43pm

Hurray! Two of my favorites! Holly, Danielle is so cute huh…..I would love to sit in this space with a cuppa tea or coffee and watch her create some magic!! (notice, i get to lounge while Danielle slaves away crafting….haha. Hey, it’s my dream! hee)
    .-= alex*modernkiddo´s last blog ..Oh La La: Ola & Olek =-.

13. Christine commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 1:33pm

ohmygosh, I love this little corner of happiness! What a perfect little craft space. I love the Barbie case on top of the shelf!

14. Katie Stephenson commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 2:06pm

Danielle is one talented gal.
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..tuesday’s top 12: father’s day picks =-.

15. Amanda commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 3:03pm

Oh, the lanterns! When I was little my mom would always treat me to those when we’d visit Disneyland. I had them hung from all over my ceiling for years.
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..We’re Having a Giveaway! =-.

16. Sly_Fox commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 8:42pm

loving the wallpaper covered cabinet doors !
    when I was little I had an itty bitty red-enamelled sewing machine, that really stitched, albeit in a rather limited way. seeing the one in the photos, I wish we saved it, if only for the nostalgia factor.

17. Jena commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 9:34pm

Love this space! Its really colorful and refreshing.
    .-= Jena´s last blog ..Aloo Gobhi =-.

18. Gina commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 12:04am

Such a simple, small spot but it commands attention..beautiful. Cabinets are my favorite.

19. Clara @ The Home in Paradise commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 1:01am

Lovely sewing nook. I love the painted brick.
    .-= Clara @ The Home in Paradise´s last blog ..I ? Ikea =-.

20. Lisa commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 10:26am

I love this tiny crafty space! I’m usually not a huge fan of 60’s/70’s style, but lately I find myself drawn to it. Who knew? Having lived through it all the first go round, I had a deep aversion to it for a really long time. I guess it’s further proof that trends are recycled, and at certain times certain aesthetics just feel right again. I’m now waiting for the return of Nagel prints and black, chrome, and glass furniture… ;-)
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..A Sweet Little Gift =-.

21. Metal Wall Art commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 1:01pm

Wow.. Excellent work here… There are so many styles to choose from when decorating one’s home that often times it can become confusing on what he or she should choose and how it should be placed.
    .-= Metal Wall Art´s last blog ..Voucher codes =-.

22. Sarah Fox commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 1:51pm

Danielle has such a wonderful eye and playful approach to her work and this space. I adore it. Thanks for sharing with us.
    .-= Sarah Fox´s last blog ..Afternoon Tea…with a twist =-.

23. das. commented
    June 3rd, 2010 at 4:46am

wow…lovely little working corner. it can gives a sense of little young girl secret place.
    .-= das.´s last blog ..Navy Blue Polka Dots Cotton Tote Bag with Dark Turquoise Cotton Base =-.

24. Stockton commented
    June 4th, 2010 at 8:30am

What a great space! I love the floral patterns used to cover surfaces.

25. packageinstyle commented
    June 5th, 2010 at 2:27am

I love the details, especially the glass full of buttons and and the red pincushion… I have a relatively larger space and it never looks this neat!

26. Lilian Gomes commented
    June 12th, 2010 at 12:28pm

Amei seu cantinho! Vou fazer um igual.
    Você tem muito bom gosto!

27. Betty Boop Figures commented
    July 23rd, 2010 at 8:06pm

I love it.The butterfly designs and yarn shelves.We also have a small sewing space at home.My aunt sew different dresses especially school uniforms.