Home Tours

Creative Craft Nook

June 1, 2010

Would you like to see an inspirational crafty nook? Danielle from the Thompson Family Life blog wrote in last week to share with decor8 readers a glimpse into her lovely crafting and sewing space. Danielle’s inspiration comes from many sources — retro colors, bazaar style, Scandinavian modern lines, granny chic and vintage kitsch — all things that she loves and somehow managed to combine to make the sweetest nook ever. Wouldn’t you love to spend your day crafting in a corner like this?

Creative Craft Nook

Creative Craft Nook

Creative Craft Nook

Creative Craft Nook

Creative Craft Nook

Creative Craft Nook

Creative Craft Nook

Creative Craft Nook

Here is her resource list in case you spot something that you’d like to have. Cabinets: IKEA covered in vintage wallpaper, Desk: Target from a few years ago. Bottom drawer covered in vintage wallpaper. Chair: Liberty of London from Target. Floral Baskets: Liberty of London from Target. Wire basket: vintage. Tin Camper: vintage, Spool rack: Michael’s, primed & spray-painted yellow. Spool original art from: Michele Maule. Barbie Case: vintage. Child’s sewing machine: vintage. Paper lanterns: eBay. Butterfly Wall Art: Vintage, with outer frame spray-painted yellow. Young girl original art: Vintage.

So pretty! To see more photos and to be inspired by Danielle everyday, please visit her on her pretty blog!

(images: danielle thompson)

You Might Also Like

27 Comments

• Reply Tina June 1, 2010 at 2:49 am

Oh, I’m jealous! Such a lovely place to work in, and a proof you can make miracles without spending much. Great job Danielle!

• Reply Will June 1, 2010 at 2:52 am

YES! This space is crafting heaven!
    .-= Will´s last blog ..{10 Things I Learned This Weekend…} =-.

• Reply alex. June 1, 2010 at 3:25 am

Pretty colours :o)
    .-= alex.´s last blog ..Meine Flotte… =-.

• Reply juliette June 1, 2010 at 4:51 am

this is really inspiring! I like some of her ideas and will be trying to implement them in my yellow office – it’s too sterile in there right now…

• Reply Rachel June 1, 2010 at 5:58 am

wow, that is truly a “happy” corner to work on :) wouldn’t mind working in that nook all day!
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Beautiful Recycled at Cosa Verde =-.

• Reply pilgrim June 1, 2010 at 6:53 am

oh, yay danielle!! so exciting to see her on here. only she could make a ‘nook’ so fabulous!

• Reply Katy June 1, 2010 at 9:19 am

Really beautiful! I need some serious help trying to figure out how to make my crafting space more functional.
    .-= Katy´s last blog ..Two Great Fashion Shows in SF =-.

• Reply Brigitte June 1, 2010 at 9:26 am

To.die.for. I am crazy about this workspace.
    .-= Brigitte´s last blog ..(No) Plans for the Holiday Weekend =-.

• Reply Tanya June 1, 2010 at 9:39 am

I am so envious of this space. So beautiful, so much room, so organized.
    .-= Tanya´s last blog ..Find the World’s Sweetest Combination =-.

• Reply amy June 1, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Danielle – I adore your space. So pretty and fun… Totally coveting your crafting stash too :)
    .-= amy´s last blog ..Inspired by: Alexander von Humboldt’s new botanical book =-.

• Reply katrina June 1, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Danielle Thompson RULZ! i adore her digikits, her home, and her style — she’s a super style muse. :)
    .-= katrina´s last blog ..Flickr Fave: Yvette Inufio =-.

• Reply alex*modernkiddo June 1, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Hurray! Two of my favorites! Holly, Danielle is so cute huh…..I would love to sit in this space with a cuppa tea or coffee and watch her create some magic!! (notice, i get to lounge while Danielle slaves away crafting….haha. Hey, it’s my dream! hee)
    .-= alex*modernkiddo´s last blog ..Oh La La: Ola & Olek =-.

• Reply Christine June 1, 2010 at 1:33 pm

ohmygosh, I love this little corner of happiness! What a perfect little craft space. I love the Barbie case on top of the shelf!

• Reply Katie Stephenson June 1, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Danielle is one talented gal.
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..tuesday’s top 12: father’s day picks =-.

• Reply Amanda June 1, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Oh, the lanterns! When I was little my mom would always treat me to those when we’d visit Disneyland. I had them hung from all over my ceiling for years.
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..We’re Having a Giveaway! =-.

• Reply Sly_Fox June 1, 2010 at 8:42 pm

loving the wallpaper covered cabinet doors !
    when I was little I had an itty bitty red-enamelled sewing machine, that really stitched, albeit in a rather limited way. seeing the one in the photos, I wish we saved it, if only for the nostalgia factor.

• Reply Jena June 1, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Love this space! Its really colorful and refreshing.
    .-= Jena´s last blog ..Aloo Gobhi =-.

• Reply Gina June 2, 2010 at 12:04 am

Such a simple, small spot but it commands attention..beautiful. Cabinets are my favorite.

• Reply Clara @ The Home in Paradise June 2, 2010 at 1:01 am

Lovely sewing nook. I love the painted brick.
    .-= Clara @ The Home in Paradise´s last blog ..I ? Ikea =-.

• Reply Lisa June 2, 2010 at 10:26 am

I love this tiny crafty space! I’m usually not a huge fan of 60’s/70’s style, but lately I find myself drawn to it. Who knew? Having lived through it all the first go round, I had a deep aversion to it for a really long time. I guess it’s further proof that trends are recycled, and at certain times certain aesthetics just feel right again. I’m now waiting for the return of Nagel prints and black, chrome, and glass furniture… ;-)
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..A Sweet Little Gift =-.

• Reply Metal Wall Art June 2, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Wow.. Excellent work here… There are so many styles to choose from when decorating one’s home that often times it can become confusing on what he or she should choose and how it should be placed.
    .-= Metal Wall Art´s last blog ..Voucher codes =-.

• Reply Sarah Fox June 2, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Danielle has such a wonderful eye and playful approach to her work and this space. I adore it. Thanks for sharing with us.
    .-= Sarah Fox´s last blog ..Afternoon Tea…with a twist =-.

• Reply das. June 3, 2010 at 4:46 am

wow…lovely little working corner. it can gives a sense of little young girl secret place.
    .-= das.´s last blog ..Navy Blue Polka Dots Cotton Tote Bag with Dark Turquoise Cotton Base =-.

• Reply Stockton June 4, 2010 at 8:30 am

What a great space! I love the floral patterns used to cover surfaces.

• Reply packageinstyle June 5, 2010 at 2:27 am

I love the details, especially the glass full of buttons and and the red pincushion… I have a relatively larger space and it never looks this neat!

• Reply Lilian Gomes June 12, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Amei seu cantinho! Vou fazer um igual.
    Você tem muito bom gosto!

• Reply Betty Boop Figures July 23, 2010 at 8:06 pm

I love it.The butterfly designs and yarn shelves.We also have a small sewing space at home.My aunt sew different dresses especially school uniforms.