Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Hello again decor8 readers. This is Heather from Gathering Spriggs and I am back today to share with you five stellar Etsians while Holly is away in Copenhagen this week working on her book project. As I gathered these treasures together like a wildflower bouquet from a wooded walk, I realized my intuitive attraction to each shop came from their reminiscence of days gone by filled with the color of faded robin’s egg blue, scalloped edges, and a simple connection to nature. So without further ado here are few treasures to share with you today… (hope you enjoy this gathering of simply stated wares as much as I have).

The first shop plucked from today’s bouquet is One Clay Bead, the functional handmade stoneware serving, dinner and home decor pottery pieces from Asheville, North Carolina. Each piece is handcrafted from a life long artisan whose creations are honed from the natural surrounding of the Blue Ridge Mountains and consciously created with environmentally friendly processes. These pieces are not only beautiful, but durable, functional and sustainable.

Another such artist inspired by nature is Tricia Brink of Lynden, Washington, who wears many different creative hats including three Etsy shops, and a brick and mortar store shared with her mother and sister. But today’s feature is her etsy shop, Wesley Asher, which focuses on all things natural, textural and pastoral. To me these works breathe timelessness with upcycled elements and a nod to past yet updated by Tricia’s incredible eye for design.

Next posy to pluck is Mail Order Vintage a fun vintage shop whose shopkeeper has a similar addiction as mine, hunting and gathering at second hand stores bringing home faded objects and making them new again with a feminine touch. She dabbles in clothing, vintage linens, housewares, and accessories, from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada all with a subtle granny chic vibe.

Another one of my personal favorite jewelry makers on Etsy is Amy Kelly of That Winsome Girl who creates soft, feminine pieces with a touch of vintage. Based out of Lexington, Kentucky, Amy crafts as a way of life, a passion which comes as naturally as her love for baking.

Lastly but certainly not least in today’s gathering is the well-designed personalized stationary products of Oh Louise! This Dallas, Texas stationer, Eleanor Louise, gives creative credit to her grandmother for inspiration and the name sake of the store. Although she learned from her grandmother using Print Shop as a child, Eleanor now creates each custom card design in Illustrator but her work still holds a timeless quality and nostalgic color palette that I adore.

Thanks again Holly and dear decor8 readers for having me back today!! Hope I see ya around again soon. – Heather.

(images linked to their sources above)

Posted by decor8 in etsy, Etsy Take 5 Tuesday, guest bloggers on June 01, 2010

1. Felicity commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 3:18am

Those cards are GORGEOUS!
    .-= Felicity´s last blog ..Taking the air =-.

2. Clara commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 3:56am

Lovely selections today, Holly. I’m fortunate to live in Asheville, NC, and it is indeed a paradise for craft and art. The craft tradition in Western North Carolina is a long and strong one, and it’s one of the reasons I moved here six years ago. Another was the wealth of places in which to learn and study craft. This includes Penland School of Crafts — http://penland.org — one of the premier craft education centers in the country (and, oh, what an amazing setting, and what a great sense of community you find there!).

All of this is complemented by the natural beauty of our setting in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Sigh. Gush. Gosh, I sound like the Chamber of Commerce…

Thanks for the care you take with your site, and for reminding us of the beauty and creativity that fill our world if we but take the time to look.
    .-= Clara´s last blog ..A Yen for Paper =-.

3. Rachel commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 5:56am

oh i love the “oui” necklace and i’m about check out Wesly Asher. Lovely picks:)
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Beautiful Recycled at Cosa Verde =-.

4. Mel - The Crafty DiY Bride commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 6:39am

These are gorgeous finds – simple, vintage and sweet. Thanks so much! I’m going to go check out that stationary right now…
    .-= Mel – The Crafty DiY Bride´s last blog ..Wedding Locket . Rose Garden . Necklace Gold . Vintage Style . Jewelry by Paper and Ribbons on Etsy =-.

5. Margit Rosenaa commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 6:45am

wau – so many great pictures! Thank you for posting them :)

6. Lizzie commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 12:37pm

GREAT finds! I love the teal vase with the pink flowers!!
    .-= Lizzie´s last blog ..Next Step: Contract =-.

7. EdgeInspired commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 1:51pm

Wow! What a gorgeous selection of finds from such talented people.

Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

8. Heather- Gathering Spriggs commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 4:06pm

Thanks all. Glad you enjoy these lovely sellers as much as I have. Thank you again Holly for allowing me to be a part of your beauty!
    Clara,
    I went to Asheville for my honeymoon and have always loved the Blue Ridge mountains. I’ve often thought of applying to Penland to learn fiber arts.
    Thanks for sharing this info with us!! :)
    .-= Heather- Gathering Spriggs´s last blog ..Prolific Painters =-.

9. Bridgette commented
    June 1st, 2010 at 9:09pm

i love the pretty peacock earrings from that winsome girl. i receive a chunky wooden ring as a pressie this year and it has the same design!
    .-= Bridgette´s last blog ..Fresh Project : Pillows with Gathers + Bows =-.

10. Tami commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 9:07am

I love all your Etsy finds.

11. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 11:39am

What a lovely collection Heather! And I loved how you couched them all in terms of a “bouquet” So sweet….Thank you for sharing these with us, I am off to check them all out!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Melissa loves: Eva Juliet =-.

12. sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) commented
    June 3rd, 2010 at 10:39am

Hi Holly! This is just too coincidental! I have been thinking of opening an etsy shop and have been doing research this morning — just found out about the street teams and saw Oh Louise on the Texas one — then I was like “hey, I think I’ve seen that somewhere before” — a lightening bolt went off and I clicked back over here and there she was! :)
    .-= sideoats + scribbles (Lisa)´s last blog ..Hero Arts’ Summer Catalog! =-.

13. J. Cochran commented
    June 4th, 2010 at 4:23pm

I love OhLouise!!! I ordered some stationery from her as a graduation gift and now she’s working on monogrammed stationery for the hostesses of my baby shower. The prices are really reasonable, and what girl can live without great stationery. The hand-written note is not dead.
    .-= J. Cochran´s last blog ..Busy Girls Lasagna =-.

14. Jamie commented
    June 5th, 2010 at 7:34pm

Love love love Oh Louise! She is fabulous and she recently did a giveaway for us on our blog.
    Great finds.

15. Rebecca commented
    June 7th, 2010 at 11:50am

LOVE the Oh Louise! Stationary! Found her originally on Etsy, ordered some invitations, they came promptly and were beautiful!!!