Annette Joseph Photo Stylist

I’ve been following the work of Atlanta-based photo stylist Annette Joseph for several years, she is both a stylist and producer who specializes in lifestyle editorial images for American print magazines such as Better Homes & Gardens. Annette has been doing this for over 15 years and is currently working on her first book and a television show based on her book about style and entertaining.

When I read her bio I enjoyed learning more about how she produces editorial images, “Her special production products include conception of projects and storyline. This can include anything from simple craft projects to decor tips and recipe and entertaining ideas. From presenting the initial story idea to producing and styling the final product. Annette can handle it all bringing style and creativity to your projects.”

Do you recognize her work? Some of these images I’ve had tacked to my inspiration board over the years from time to time. I particularly like her pages that involve craft layouts and floral arrangements because they feel casual and creative — when I see her layouts I feel like doing something creative too which is a sure sign that I need to surround myself with more of this person’s work!

(images: tear sheets from annette joseph)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on June 02, 2010

1. desiree commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 9:28am

loving her simply sweet style.

2. ana commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 9:39am

It’s a gorgeous work, my favourite is the “be mine” cupcake. sweet and beautiful composition

3. Mandy Ford commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 10:57am

Lovely images! The colors are definitely inspiring.
    .-= Mandy Ford´s last blog ..single shot =-.

4. Anna commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 11:06am

Annette’s color choices are so inspirational. So cheery, bright and happy with a touch of unexpected. Nice post Holly! xo

5. beth cupitt commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 11:32am

thank goodness! i needed some color in my life today!
    .-= beth cupitt´s last blog ..money talks =-.

6. walrus studio commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 12:17pm

wow 15 years, she has really mastered her craft!!
    .-= walrus studio´s last blog ..library girl =-.

7. Nuit commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 12:19pm

Oh definitely recognize her!!! Annete’s style so special, I am a big fan of her styling work… so much beautiful stuff over at Better Homes and gardens. She is so talented :)
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..The dining table of my dreams {part II} =-.

8. tasha roe commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 1:22pm

i have many of those images in my “idea” binders
    so inspiring!!
    .-= tasha roe´s last blog ..Fun things to do on the Mac =-.

9. Katie Stephenson commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 2:07pm

I never get tired of pictures of ranunculus. I really love that egg cup as storage idea, too–mostly because I love egg cups so much and never really eat eggs out of them so don’t get to use them.
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..tuesday’s top 12: father’s day picks =-.

10. Rosanna Pereyra commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 4:35pm

I’m a fan of Annette Joseph’s work. It is so beautiful and creative. I especially love the color combos.
    I learned about your blog from Kelly Rae and I love it!! Thanks for sharing
    so much wonderful stuff.

Rosanna

11. sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 5:33pm

Oh wow, I love Annette’s work! I don’t think I’ve seen it before consciously before. The “be mine” cupcake shot is just brilliant! And the egg cups with supplies in them — ooooo I just love the little clothespins. And all the flowers make me sigh with happiness. I know just what you mean about wanting to be creative after seeing them, too! But now my break is over, gotta get back to work. Thanks for brightening my day! :)
    .-= sideoats + scribbles (Lisa)´s last blog ..Hero Arts’ Summer Catalog! =-.

12. Shanon commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 6:04pm

Warm and friendly styling with oodles of class. =)
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..After the long weekend… =-.

13. Dan Shand commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 6:14pm

This is a wonderful list!

14. Erika commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 7:12pm

What a beautiful collection of images. I love how the egg cups are being used to organize little bits and bobs in the office.
    .-= Erika´s last blog ..Congratulations, Mrs Press =-.

15. Caroline @ youngDCliving commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 7:19pm

Those are the warmest and prettiest colors. What great work!

16. julieann commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 9:02pm

SO excited to see Annette featured. I have recently met her via FB and twitter and I have to say she is one of the most generous, approachable in the design world. She has a fantastic blog as well. Thanks for posting about her, I love her work!
    .-= julieann´s last blog ..Color Time – Pratt & Lambert Secret =-.

17. Page commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 9:11pm

so gorgeous!! i love everything here :)
    page
    .-= Page´s last blog ..Austrian vintageness =-.

18. Genevieve Le Bel commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 9:49pm

Totally FAB! AJ is incredibly talented! Thx for the share!
    .-= Genevieve Le Bel´s last blog ..Designing for a CURE… It’s a win-win situation! =-.

19. theaxx commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 10:33pm

sumptuous & gorgeous!
    .-= theaxx´s last blog ..“Best of the MCA zine fair!” =-.

20. Paris @ Home Appliances commented
    June 2nd, 2010 at 11:31pm

I love how she makes some of the elements really pop out with their colors. Each board really seems to give a real unique and distinct mood. This is very nice work :)

21. Marina commented
    June 3rd, 2010 at 12:06am

What a beautifully inspirational set. I think the egg cups are just perfect!

22. manon commented
    June 3rd, 2010 at 12:51am

Belle ambiance.
    Merci de nous faire découvrir ces univers.

Amicalement,

Manon
    .-= manon´s last blog ..Chine harmonieuse =-.

23. Megan commented
    June 3rd, 2010 at 6:45am

Wow she really is inspiring.
    .-= Megan´s last blog ..A very good day thrifting =-.

24. forget.me.knot.weddings commented
    June 3rd, 2010 at 11:44am

Love her work and can’t wait to see more from her!
    .-= forget.me.knot.weddings´s last blog ..Real Wedding: Brenna + Rich =-.

25. Andrea commented
    June 6th, 2010 at 4:26pm

She definitely makes it look so easy, like I could actually do whatever it is she’s demonstrating.

26. mer commented
    June 7th, 2010 at 11:00pm

love these, so inspiring and stunning.