Inspiration

Annette Joseph Photo Stylist

June 2, 2010

I’ve been following the work of Atlanta-based photo stylist Annette Joseph for several years, she is both a stylist and producer who specializes in lifestyle editorial images for American print magazines such as Better Homes & Gardens. Annette has been doing this for over 15 years and is currently working on her first book and a television show based on her book about style and entertaining.

Annette Joseph Photo Stylist

When I read her bio I enjoyed learning more about how she produces editorial images, “Her special production products include conception of projects and storyline. This can include anything from simple craft projects to decor tips and recipe and entertaining ideas. From presenting the initial story idea to producing and styling the final product. Annette can handle it all bringing style and creativity to your projects.”

Annette Joseph Photo Stylist

Do you recognize her work? Some of these images I’ve had tacked to my inspiration board over the years from time to time. I particularly like her pages that involve craft layouts and floral arrangements because they feel casual and creative — when I see her layouts I feel like doing something creative too which is a sure sign that I need to surround myself with more of this person’s work!

(images: tear sheets from annette joseph)

You Might Also Like

26 Comments

• Reply desiree June 2, 2010 at 9:28 am

loving her simply sweet style.

• Reply ana June 2, 2010 at 9:39 am

It’s a gorgeous work, my favourite is the “be mine” cupcake. sweet and beautiful composition

• Reply Mandy Ford June 2, 2010 at 10:57 am

Lovely images! The colors are definitely inspiring.
    .-= Mandy Ford´s last blog ..single shot =-.

• Reply Anna June 2, 2010 at 11:06 am

Annette’s color choices are so inspirational. So cheery, bright and happy with a touch of unexpected. Nice post Holly! xo

• Reply beth cupitt June 2, 2010 at 11:32 am

thank goodness! i needed some color in my life today!
    .-= beth cupitt´s last blog ..money talks =-.

• Reply walrus studio June 2, 2010 at 12:17 pm

wow 15 years, she has really mastered her craft!!
    .-= walrus studio´s last blog ..library girl =-.

• Reply Nuit June 2, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Oh definitely recognize her!!! Annete’s style so special, I am a big fan of her styling work… so much beautiful stuff over at Better Homes and gardens. She is so talented :)
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..The dining table of my dreams {part II} =-.

• Reply tasha roe June 2, 2010 at 1:22 pm

i have many of those images in my “idea” binders
    so inspiring!!
    .-= tasha roe´s last blog ..Fun things to do on the Mac =-.

• Reply Katie Stephenson June 2, 2010 at 2:07 pm

I never get tired of pictures of ranunculus. I really love that egg cup as storage idea, too–mostly because I love egg cups so much and never really eat eggs out of them so don’t get to use them.
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..tuesday’s top 12: father’s day picks =-.

• Reply Rosanna Pereyra June 2, 2010 at 4:35 pm

I’m a fan of Annette Joseph’s work. It is so beautiful and creative. I especially love the color combos.
    I learned about your blog from Kelly Rae and I love it!! Thanks for sharing
    so much wonderful stuff.

Rosanna

• Reply sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) June 2, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Oh wow, I love Annette’s work! I don’t think I’ve seen it before consciously before. The “be mine” cupcake shot is just brilliant! And the egg cups with supplies in them — ooooo I just love the little clothespins. And all the flowers make me sigh with happiness. I know just what you mean about wanting to be creative after seeing them, too! But now my break is over, gotta get back to work. Thanks for brightening my day! :)
    .-= sideoats + scribbles (Lisa)´s last blog ..Hero Arts’ Summer Catalog! =-.

• Reply Shanon June 2, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Warm and friendly styling with oodles of class. =)
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..After the long weekend… =-.

• Reply Dan Shand June 2, 2010 at 6:14 pm

This is a wonderful list!

• Reply Erika June 2, 2010 at 7:12 pm

What a beautiful collection of images. I love how the egg cups are being used to organize little bits and bobs in the office.
    .-= Erika´s last blog ..Congratulations, Mrs Press =-.

• Reply Caroline @ youngDCliving June 2, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Those are the warmest and prettiest colors. What great work!

• Reply julieann June 2, 2010 at 9:02 pm

SO excited to see Annette featured. I have recently met her via FB and twitter and I have to say she is one of the most generous, approachable in the design world. She has a fantastic blog as well. Thanks for posting about her, I love her work!
    .-= julieann´s last blog ..Color Time – Pratt & Lambert Secret =-.

• Reply Page June 2, 2010 at 9:11 pm

so gorgeous!! i love everything here :)
    page
    .-= Page´s last blog ..Austrian vintageness =-.

• Reply Genevieve Le Bel June 2, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Totally FAB! AJ is incredibly talented! Thx for the share!
    .-= Genevieve Le Bel´s last blog ..Designing for a CURE… It’s a win-win situation! =-.

• Reply theaxx June 2, 2010 at 10:33 pm

sumptuous & gorgeous!
    .-= theaxx´s last blog ..“Best of the MCA zine fair!” =-.

• Reply Paris @ Home Appliances June 2, 2010 at 11:31 pm

I love how she makes some of the elements really pop out with their colors. Each board really seems to give a real unique and distinct mood. This is very nice work :)

• Reply Marina June 3, 2010 at 12:06 am

What a beautifully inspirational set. I think the egg cups are just perfect!

• Reply manon June 3, 2010 at 12:51 am

Belle ambiance.
    Merci de nous faire découvrir ces univers.

Amicalement,

Manon
    .-= manon´s last blog ..Chine harmonieuse =-.

• Reply Megan June 3, 2010 at 6:45 am

Wow she really is inspiring.
    .-= Megan´s last blog ..A very good day thrifting =-.

• Reply forget.me.knot.weddings June 3, 2010 at 11:44 am

Love her work and can’t wait to see more from her!
    .-= forget.me.knot.weddings´s last blog ..Real Wedding: Brenna + Rich =-.

• Reply Andrea June 6, 2010 at 4:26 pm

She definitely makes it look so easy, like I could actually do whatever it is she’s demonstrating.

• Reply mer June 7, 2010 at 11:00 pm

love these, so inspiring and stunning.