Inspired By…

How about a little interior inspiration today? I sometimes like to pull some images that get my creative juices flowing and just stare at them — I like to pick out all of the details, wonder what inspired the person to arrange things a certain way, and then I think of how I would edit it if it were my own home, etc. Do you do this too? I found some images mostly from Emma that inspire me and since I don’t intend to steal her thunder please click over to visit her blog. She has curated some gorgeous images over the past few weeks and as I was catching up on all of my blog reading this morning I collected some that stood out the most. A few I found myself by clicking around on some of her links…

Wednesday Inspiration

A kitchen photographed by Swedish photographer Per Gunnarsson.

Wednesday Inspiration

A yummy bedroom styled by Susanna Vento.

Wednesday Inspiration

A sweet spot for sun and warmth from the stove… Via Hus & Hem.

Wednesday Inspiration

Living/inspiration nook from A Beautiful Living. I especially like the I Love You poster in many languages. Lovely.

Wednesday Inspiration

Art and a pretty shelf from Hus & Hem.

Wednesday Inspiration

Inspiring mood board from Ina & Matt in the Netherlands.

Wednesday Inspiration

Lovely, lovely! From Hus & Hem.

Wednesday Inspiration

I’ve been loving gold accents lately so I found a vintage gold teapot, creamer and sugar bowl to add to my growing collection of gold and gold-rimmed things. :) My love for gold is precisely why this room caught my eye. I also love the frames. This photo is from Hus & Hem.

Are their any rooms above that catch your eye? Why? What do you like about them?

(images: linked to their sources above.)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on June 09, 2010

1. Bicocacolors commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 4:59am

really nice selection,
    thanks for the ideas!
    .-= Bicocacolors´s last blog ..retratos =-.

2. The Design Notebook commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 5:40am

Love the pics and all those amazing ideas!
    .-= The Design Notebook´s last blog ..VINTAGE CRATES =-.

3. Tanya commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 5:46am

Love the openness of these rooms, especially the top one with open shelving
    .-= Tanya´s last blog ..Carry Mom out of Bar =-.

4. Milk and Honey Home commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 7:01am

These are my favorite kinds of images! Love Love. Simple really is best!

5. Van commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 7:09am

I love the colorful art against the gray walls in picture 5, very inspiring and something I’m going for with the art collection in my own home.

6. KG @ KG Style commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 7:27am

Interesting choice of knick knacks on the wall. I’m convinced that you can place anything on the wall as long as you use some form of balance techniques, the outcome would be great.
    .-= KG @ KG Style´s last blog ..FOLLOW US to WIN a FREE CLOSET MAKEOVER! =-.

7. hem commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 7:43am

Great inspiration in a rainy day like today:) !
    / Annaleena
    .-= hem´s last blog ..Liv med paraply! =-.

8. Raru commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 8:35am

I think that right now I love picture 2… not only because i’m sleepy, but because of all these beautiful details there. Love the yellow letter A – actually I love all letters that are using for decoration. :)
    But I like not only picture 2 – these collection here is beautiful. Thank you for the inspiration today :)
    Have a great day, Holly.
    .-= Raru´s last blog ..Inspirations by Sam Zwemmer ? ??????????? ?? Sam Zwemmer =-.

9. Coco commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 8:41am

I love golden accents! I try to find gold colored stuff that aren’t classic looking or just plane ordinair ;-) I bought a little golden deer statue by All The Luck In the World and she is standing very nice on my tv-desk. I LOVE it big time. So yes, i’m in love with that last image in this post :) absolutly my style.

10. Becca commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 9:13am

Wood burning stoves are my dream…
    .-= Becca´s last blog ..Etsy Gorgeousness 14 May =-.

11. Afi commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 9:18am

I love all of them, but the yummy bedroom by Susanna Vento caught my eyes. I really love the way frames are arranged, it’s perfect for places with not very high ceiling, like our condo apartment :) But I guess there is a thick headboard/shelf for this bed…I can see a yellow bowl there.
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..Nesting shells =-.

12. Sandra Kuwartowski commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 9:32am

My favourite picture is No. 3: The combination of inverse black and white patterns. The black sofa with a white animal pattern and the white bed with black ornaments; the black fireplace and its beautiful black&white tiles.

13. Cassandra commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 10:04am

Just a really great selection of images – Emma has a very good eye. Thanks for sharing them with us

14. Tati commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 11:36am

I love all of them, but the ones that really catch my eye are:
    The way boxes and books are organized (Hus and Hem 3rd pic);
    And the kitchen’s shelf above the sink (first pic)!

These are the inspiration I need to organize the mess in my little apartment… XD
    .-= Tati´s last blog ..My Journal… =-.

15. indian yarn commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 2:25pm

what is the secret of scandinavian white … tell, o tell .. please tell

16. Sarah commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 5:31pm

Ooooh! definitely the Hus & Hem pic…the wood stove, the floor, the fur on the floor and that black and white chair! wow! my heart definitely beat faster when I looked at that room!! I would love to sit there by the fire and read a good book or look at a great design mag with a cup of tea!!

17. Lane C commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 5:52pm

I love the bedroom by Susanna Vento the bed room looks simply calm…and there is no laundry on the bed.

I also love the living room with the wood burning stove due to light and also the cozy feeling of the room with out alot of stuff!

18. Modern Paper Goods commented
    June 9th, 2010 at 10:43pm

So much light in the room with the high ceilings and wood stove. My favorite!

19. decor8 commented
    June 10th, 2010 at 3:08am

Indian Yarn – I think it’s used as a foundation and then layered with color and texture – that makes it less clinical I think.

20. Coco commented
    June 10th, 2010 at 6:58am

Indian Yarn – Holly – isn’t it also that Scandinavian countries have less light during winter that makes them want to have it all white so the little light that they get is optimized by the max? Also visiting Iceland i thought the lighting their was unique. The sun looked like it was overworking during the summer period i was there. Not that it was that warm as in southern countries but it looked so remarkably light. Lighter than light! Painting your house in the whitest whites makes sense to me if the sun shines her brightes bright in your country.

21. the fabled needle (jen) commented
    June 10th, 2010 at 1:10pm

i just love how people have different takes on mixing vintage with new. i too love gold accents, especially with pale green. i now own my grandparents’ wedding china which is off-white with a simple gold trim (leaves) and it’s just perfect.

speaking of gold accents, have you been to the marmottan-monet museum in paris? one of my favorites museums. i think the story goes is the house once belonged to an avid monet collector which was eventually turned into a museum (with larget monet collection, i think).

anyway, actually, one of my favorite things about this museum is what i think was the dining room. the walls are 2 shade of pale green and there are gold accents (frames, lighting) everywhere, tons of natural light; i fell in love the moment i walked in. they don’t let you take photos there otherwise i would have taken a ton! if you are ever in paris, i recommend it!
    .-= the fabled needle (jen)´s last blog ..Louise, A Narwhal (Help Clean Up the Oil Spill) =-.

22. Michaela commented
    June 11th, 2010 at 1:42am

It’s the last room that catches my eye. Because of the warm colour shades, the gold and the wood and also the frames and pictures on the wall. I don’t like it if it is to organized because to me it looks/feels kind of boring. Even though in this room everything is arranged to me it does not look boring but simply great!

23. Urban Sherp commented
    June 11th, 2010 at 1:30pm

ohhhh, this pics really make me want to jump up and redo my house from top to bottom. I have got to find out where I can get my hands on the blue & white fabric on the chair in front of the fireplace in the Hus & Hem shot. Love it!!! Oh where can it be???
    Urban Sherp´s last blog post ..DIY Cement & Wood Coat Rack