Monday: Grateful

Hello and happy new week to you! I personally wish this week never came because I have so much to do that I feel a bit stressed out over it! BUT at least the weather is making the pain go away — it’s sunny and has cooled down to the upper 70s which is, in my opinion, a beautiful temp for working indoors by the window as I usually do. The breeze is refreshing and keeps me going whereas all the heat we recently had made me feel sleepy and demotivated! I am still nursing a cold and drinking tons of tea (strange drinking hot tea during summer days!) but I’m not here to talk about my health, instead I want to talk about how important it is to be grateful for the day and what we have currently.

a cup of love

When it comes to my life — I can’t complain. I have dreams coming true and others on the conveyor belt heading my way though I have also suffered from some extreme heartache in my life and so these good moments feel nice because you need a good balance of highs and lows don’t you? Recently I’ve been feeling happy but deep inside, I know I am not taking it all in and enjoying these special moments in my life and this concerns me greatly and I have faced the fact: I must change my thinking! Do you have this little problem too? Many of my friends tell me that I am, “living the life” and that so many are living vicariously through me but it’s funny, when it’s your life it never feels so glamorous or all that interesting really. Recently a sweet blog friend of mine gave me some good advice when she advised me to Pinch Myself. Pinch myself? Well what she meant was to take it all in, pause, take a deep breath, and just enjoy the life and moments that I have and the experiences that I am building as I go. It’s good advice isn’t it?

The grass is always greener elsewhere. When I lived in the states I dreamed about someday living in Europe and being able to hop on trains and see the landmarks and museums and stores that I’d been fantasizing about regularly since childhood and NOW I CAN but everyday life sets in and you can easily forget what blessings and beautiful things that you have and that exist just outside of the window.

And so, to begin this week on a very positive note because I felt a bit overwhelmed waking up today, let us all just PINCH ourselves and remember all of what we have accomplished in our life, and all of what we have currently (what we do not have is to be put aside for a moment), and shall we just live for today and be happy with what we have? Yes, let us do this.

Now that we’ve all shared this great big group hug moment, we can proceed into this week feeling grateful and happy to be where we are in life — we are not glasses half empty… and to just take this week day by day, enjoy the simple pleasures, and bask in the glory that is this very simple truth: We are individually so very blessed, aren’t we? What do you feel grateful for today?

(image: holly becker)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on June 14, 2010

1. Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:10pm

I’m grateful for having my family: parents, brother & husband! Grateful today and just every single day of my life!!! Also grateful for being a part of blogland and getting to know so honest and inspiring people like Holly Becker :). Happy Monday, lady! xoxo
    Ludmila {CreamyLife.com}´s last blog post ..Lovely meeting

2. Adele @ modernemotive commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:14pm

Oh so true. Me and my BF constantly remind ourselves that things could be much worse when we are feeling a little low. We often have more to be grateful for than we realize.

I recently wrote a blog post embracing the good in all what could be seen as bad. I hope you have the time to read it. It rings true to much of what you’re friend said. It felt great to just put it out there. Like letting go…

Adele @ modernemotive´s last blog post ..Sick… I think.

3. Maria commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:16pm

I’m so grateful to get to have a job that i love, and to have a wonderful husband.

4. juliette crane commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:18pm

thank you, holly for this lovely reminder. i am so grateful that today i can take the time to do yoga and listen to the rain and then paint in my newly cleaned studio :)

xo, juliette

5. pinkbathtub commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:30pm

Perfect sentiment for this Monday. There’s so much I’m grateful for, that it’s hard to choose one. But since it is raining today, I would say that I’m grateful for a beautiful roof over my head.

6. Malwina commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:35pm

I just posted my gratitude list on Good List Daily: http://goodlistdaily.com/
    Mostly it’s the small everyday things that make me feel most thankful – a piece of chocolate, our cat, a good book… It’s so easy to forget those little moments of sunshine, or to just not appreciate them fully.
    At the same time, being grateful doesn’t mean denying the hard and the pain, right? I guess the challenge is it acknowledge both.
    Thanks for sharing, Holly, and all the best for enjoying the blessings you have, every day.

7. SH commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:35pm

It is indeed always the case for many of us. The grass is greener of the other side. What I usually do is to make peace with my inner self. Reminding myself that I am living a simple, happy life, and that is enough, do not be greedy.

I feel grateful for the insects that visit my little garden. Too bad I am going to introduce the party pooper.
    SH´s last blog post ..Project O2

8. Sarah commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:38pm

I hear you! Gratitude is one of the best feelings, and I can confidently say that even though I’m sitting in my cubicle office trying to get work done, I feel quite content and always grateful that I’m even working.

In fact I shared something similar on http://www.littleseedblog.com/2010/02/happy-sunday-thankfulness-leads-to.html

Thank you for reminding me again to be grateful, and hopefully that attitude will help me live through today in a bright way!

Sarah

9. Aracely commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:41pm

Thank you for your thoughts. I understand how difficult it can be to stay on the grateful path when we want to address any sadness we may be feeling.

It’s ok to feel sad and grateful at the same time. You allow yourself to honor the memories you had in the past and look forward to ones you will make in the future.

What am I most grateful for? First, I am grateful to the amazing creative people in the world who keep me inspired and look towards the future. Second, and most important, I am most grateful for the ability I have to own a home of my own, and slowly, slooooowly remodel and upgrade it to make it a reflection of myself. To have the capability to do much of the work myself, to have my parents who help me out with the big ticket items that would take me forever to save up for, and lastly, just to be able to do it alone, and have the job I have to support myself and my future endeavors that owning a home will bring me.

As for the “grateful to do this alone part” …while it’s not my first choice, but hey, maybe the universe will send me a mate when I’m done with the house projects.

Being grateful for any small part of our lives reminds us that we all have something to be thankful for, to walk, see, hear, etc….

10. Brigitte commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:42pm

Holly – This is such a powerful message. I believe you would enjoy the book Stumbling on Happiness (assuming you’d ever have time to read it!). It’s all about the science behind happiness, and it’s fascinating.

As to your question, I am grateful for so much lately. I’m learning to be more gentle with myself and letting go of the urge to rush onto the next thing. I’m not good at this every day, but it has changed my outlook. Specifically, I’m most thankful of the love I’ve found with my husband, because his support is such a deep well that I draw from again and again. And, also, the friendships I’m making through blogging. It’s been so unexpected, and it just amazes me.
    Brigitte´s last blog post ..And the Winner Is…

11. Julie commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:42pm

I agree! Lets take today and count our blessings… I have been meaning to do this for some time. I’ve noticed how I have come into the habit of being negative when I have no right to be… I am blessed. Thanks for reminding me.

Love the blog!

12. sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:43pm

Oh Holly, I have to pinch myself all the time! I really can’t believe how much I have to be grateful for in my life. But the last few days I am grateful that I can walk. Yes, walk.

Walking is something we all take for granted — it’s like breathing. But, back in December I had surgery for a torn ligament and I’m finally, finally on the mend (the surgery was to put pins in to hold the ligament in place because my leg bone was rubbing on my ankle bones, and then I had nerve damage from the surgery — no fun but I kept my hopes up that it would turn out okay). Last night I went for a nice long walk with my sweetie and it felt so very good to walk again — even though it still hurts — some of the places I hadn’t been to since the surgery — I used to run, walk, or bike there everyday. But it hurt less than before the surgery. Yay! :)
    sideoats + scribbles (Lisa)´s last blog post ..A lovely giveaway: Lisa Leonard Designs!

13. Zee commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:50pm

Beautiful post!

I am savory this time of my life as never before. Two or three years ago I was feeling so overwhelmed trying to reach everything as fast as I could, blogging like crazy, trying to be creative all the time, and now I’ve learned that It’s better to go slowly and enjoy family moments as much as I can, specially because my kids are small and once they are big, I will surely miss this time now. I can’t be irritated or mad because things don’t work the way I want. Family is priceless for me. Today i have a notebook to keep me a bit more organized with my time and I promised to myself that everything will be done at my own pace and free of stress. Everyday I do a little bit for myself, for my creative side without neglecting my children, my home, my cats and all the other things I like.
    If my photography business doesn’t happen this year, it shall happen next year. If I can’t finish my websites this week, it will be done another time. I am grateful to take my time, to be able stop and smell the roses of my garden (my life), and I am grateful that I have my children with me and they are the most important people in my life!
    Have a great week Holly,
    Hugs…
    Zee´s last blog post ..Playing With Colors

14. Zee commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:51pm

I meant savoring…sorry.
    Zee´s last blog post ..Playing With Colors

15. Sherri B. commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:54pm

I am grateful for this post as I really needed it. I have been a bit down and unable to shake it off but this is very good advice and I shall do it! Thanks.

16. beth cupitt commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:54pm

good one, miss holly. agreed. i think i’ll be grateful for the tiny kids. they are so needy and messy and noisy and it’s easy to feel like i’m spinning my wheels and just making it until bedtime. however, i dreamed of being a stay at home mom, able to spontaneously go to the zoo or laze around by the pool and i don’t do those things. they’re only small once and then it’s gone. so today i’ll do something special and take time to relish this stage. thanks, girl.
    beth cupitt´s last blog post ..Strawberries

17. Juliette commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:58pm

Oh I hear you! That’s a great reminder: pinch myself =) I’m having a blast on vacay with my side of the family right now, enjoying my darling baby niece and playing with her in the ocean here at the beach for the week. As much as I love being in the US for a bit, I’m really looking forward to getting back to Germany this coming weekend.

I’m also so thankful for my husband. He wasn’t able to come this trip and being away from him reminds me again how wonderful he is. =) (mushy but true!)

18. Amie McCracken commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 1:58pm

My husband being so supportive. I have the same situation as you, glee that I can now travel Europe easily. But everyday life has taken over and it’s not what I thought it would be. My husband is pushing me through it and standing by me.
    Amie McCracken´s last blog post ..Word of the Week

19. Piper commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 2:11pm

Oh such a perfect post for me right now…thank you Holly!! It’s a great reminder to “pinch myself” and try to focus on all the wonderful things I have in my life. Especially my wonderful, supportive husband. Things have been crazy lately and I’m feeling more stressed than I know what to do with. So it’s a nice reminder to remember all the things to be grateful for.
    Piper´s last blog post ..{shake it up – week 24 scoop}

20. Sarah commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 2:14pm

I am greatful for people having a positive attitude and encouraging others to have one as well. :) I sometimes focus on the bad parts of things and I am so glad I have a supportive boyfriend pointing out all the good parts…and blogs like Hollys to make me stop pouting and put on a happy face! :)
    Sarah´s last blog post ..Surrey with the fringe on top

21. Christine commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 2:14pm

Aww, group hug!! Thanks for such a sweet post, I just pinched myself : )

I am so grateful for all my wonderful family and friends that make me smile everyday : D

22. Frau Mayer commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 2:20pm

Many things, actually. I’ve been incredibly lucky and I don’t even know if I deserve it all. The question is – what comes after being grateful? What can you do to show the universe you really are?
    Frau Mayer´s last blog post ..Breaking the rules again.

23. Nem commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 2:30pm

What a great post and just what I needed to hear today. I am grateful to be a stay-at-home mum. What could be better than spending every day with my daughter? :) Millie can really try my patience but I know that spending this time with her is the most important thing I can do at this point in my life. She’s an amazing little girl! :D
    Nem´s last blog post ..A Quiet Monday

24. cris camarena commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 2:31pm

I’m grateful for being able to live “here and now” at last, after all my life living in the “future”. when I finish my studies I will such and such, when I get a job I will such and such, when I have my own place I will such and such. Now I don’t think about the future anymore that way, I enjoy the present a lot more, and I am grateful for every new day.

25. Megan Finger commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 2:34pm

I’m grateful for new beginnings. I just moved to Prague. It was my dream… how many people get to do something like this at age 23? But even in two months, I’ve felt loneliness and even apathy seep in. I have people at home living vicariously through me, too, which has been helpful in making me get out and explore. But I’m thankful that I get to be this travel-y girl I always wanted to be. Once I can push past the loneliness and get used to being on my own, I think it will be the best adventure I’ve ever had.

26. pixie commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 2:48pm

Thanks for the reminder! I’ve been letting every little thing get to me. I need to look around, I live in a great area, full of art, cultural activities, I have a great group of friends, a cool job that pays well. Sure the job has it’s bad points, but what job doesn’t?

I def just gave myself a “pinch” sitting right here at my desk! Time to start living my life instead of going with the flow.
    pixie´s last blog post ..Sisterhood Award

27. Tracey Chalk commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 2:48pm

Great post. I’m all about the cup half full and being grateful but we all forget sometimes. I find it good to sit for a few mins and think about all the great things that happened that day even if real simple. It helps me remember and often makes my dreams really sweet too. ;)
    Tracey Chalk´s last blog post ..Kids parties

28. Tracey Chalk commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 2:49pm

Sorry forgot to add, just before i lie down to go to sleep i do this. Easy to remember that way!
    Tracey Chalk´s last blog post ..Kids parties

29. Saana commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 3:13pm

Oh so true. Thank you. This is what I needed.
    With work, kids etc. I forget to take a good look at my life…
    I do have a lot of things to be grateful for. :)

30. Genelle commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 3:16pm

Nice post! I agree that we get caught up in life and forget to notice the little things. I have really been having a tough go of it, life and work. Lots of rain — dreary. Yesterday was beautiful so I sat on the patio and read a great book. Next thing I know, I’m staring at the trees and the garden. I was reminded of the simple things in life. It had been awhile since I really sat and took it all in — it was beautiful! Today is another beautiful day and I’m grateful!

When you mentioned, the grass is always greener… it reminds me of how my friend twists the same quote. “Sometimes the grass is brown.” Always makes me laugh! Life isn’t perfect and not always what we expect, but slowing down to appreciate the small things sure make life more joyous.

31. KG @ KG Style commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 3:24pm

I’m grateful for having such a wonderful home life.
    I’ve been with a few jerks in my life but my husband is my sweet abyss! My children are wonderful as well but they will always be but finding someone to be so completely in awe and amazed at how wonderful they are, is amazing!
    KG @ KG Style´s last blog post ..New Logo: What do you think?

32. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 3:26pm

Oh…you are so, SO right my darling. I remind myself of that everyday..to just be here now, enjoy this day, this moment. Especially since my little ones are growing and I just want to savor every moment as much as possible. I know exactly what you mean and the “pinch” yourself advice is good advice indeed…hard to remember every second( you are only human & life does get in the way of life sometimes) but, so awesome when we can. I am so grateful for my health, my hubby & girls, good friends, a home I love, money enough to live comfortably and…and…well there is so much I feel grateful for. It is all gravy from here on out! :)
    xoxo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Monday: Inspired by a wall

33. Kristal commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 3:29pm

I know how you feel. I used to spend so much time lamenting my day job..until I realized that many people would LOVE to have a job, any job right now! Now I think of the blessing it brings….the security to try something new and creative without struggling. Be thankful for your life and realize how blessed it really is.

So many people care about you! Everyone that reads this blog does :)

34. Paula Heine commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 3:35pm

Hello Holly!
    I am grateful for your post this morning! What a helpful reminder!
    For me, there are times when I catch myself feeling overwhelmed because of all of the movement or non-movement in my life.
    And that is when I remind myself of a couple of things:
    that everything happens in its own perfect time
    that we are enough right now
    and to be grateful for the fact that I can breathe on my own, that my heart beats fast and strong, and that I have use of all my limps and mental capacities. We often only become grateful for these every day miracles when they are challenged. I find that though I have been blessed with no major trauma in that regard, that by remembering those small miracles, makes everything else seem that much more wonderful.

Gratitude is the right attitude!

Thanks for being you and sharing who you are.

Warmly,
    Paula
    Paula Heine´s last blog post ..Cupcake ATC’S

35. Valentina commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 3:47pm

*GREAT* post! I really needed to read this today
    This is going to sounds weird to many people, but today I’m really grateful to work at home because I can work and watch the World Cup games :) yeahhh.. Love it!
    Valentina´s last blog post ..Last week

36. winter commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 3:48pm

As they say “lie down in the light”

37. Make, Do & Send commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 4:07pm

You have no idea how much I needed this post today. Thank you holly for always being there to lift me up :)
    Make, Do & Send´s last blog post ..Monty The Fox

38. Harper commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 5:11pm

Iam greatful of my children, they are crazy, unique, and just beautiful

39. Lissa @ After Adornment commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 5:45pm

Thanks Holly for the reminder to breath! I have a crazy busy week ahead also and I had such anxiety getting out of bed this morning. This post reminds me that being busy is due to all my hard work and accomplishments I have had thus far. I need to stop and smell the roses every once in awhile and take it all in. I will definetly “pinch myself” more often now.

40. Vicki commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 7:28pm

Lovely post…as I am about to make a very big sea change I will try and remember this in those moments that inevitably will pop up when things are new, strange and not going as fast or the way I had planned.
    Thank you!

41. Priscila commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 7:34pm

How funny is life? Just what I needed today, a great message. Thank you.
    Sometimes, we forget to appreciate what we have right now and I believe that the present moment is all we have, because the past has past and the future we don’t know for sure….

42. Elizabeth commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 7:41pm

Thanks for this, Holly. Lately I’ve been fretting about taking on new clients and feeling as if I’m not growing my business quickly enough…or accomplishing enough…or just be becoming all around more impressive. :) But I’m oh-so-grateful that I can work from home and that I’ve made my dream of freelancing a viable reality. Sometimes we all just need a reminder, I suppose.

43. jiah commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 7:42pm

Thanks Holly. I always find your words so inspiring.

I am grateful for…
    Lovely and plentiful food, a cosy house, my gorgeous sister Arielle, my soon to be husband Peter, my creativity and gorgeous design blogs like yours that I could just spend hours perusing.

44. Juliet commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 8:19pm

Thanks for this. I have kids who remind me daily of the being-in-the-moment way to live, but I still want to figure out how to slow everything down!
    Juliet´s last blog post ..Cloud and Cart Park

45. DawnS commented
    June 14th, 2010 at 9:21pm

Basically I’m just grateful for this life that I’ve been blessed with. “Be glad of life, because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look at the stars.” (Henry Van Dyke).

My blog is pretty much all about the small, ordinary things in life that I’m thankful for.
    DawnS´s last blog post ..The ABC’s of Life…E is for Enjoy.

46. Emily commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 12:19am

Thanks for the reminder Holly :)

I have been feeling a little under the weather too, so it’s nice to be reminded that life is good and I need to remember that!

I am truly grateful for my awesome fiance, and very thankful for the four days of glorious winter sunshine we’ve been enjoying here in Sydney.

This post made me smile, thanks!! :D
    Emily´s last blog post ..Daffodils

47. My Owl Barn commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 1:02am

Holly, this is a great post. Very energetic and inspiring! I couldn’t stop smiling and feeling positive. Sometimes you need to hear from others that how fortunate you are to actually realize that you are :)

This is a great photo. Did you take it in natural light?
    My Owl Barn´s last blog post ..CSN Giveaway – $80 Gift Certificate!

48. Carol@The Design Pages commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 1:03am

That is one of the nicest blog posts I’ve ever read!
    Carol@The Design Pages´s last blog post ..Pink Love

49. decor8 commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 2:07am

My Owl Barn: Yes, I took it in natural light. Thank you. :) :)

50. jamie commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 2:45am

Beautiful post today Holly to remember to pinch ourselves. I looked back into a 3 year old journal where I had written my biggest dreams and goals. I found it recently and was shocked to discover that I was living them and hadn’t even noticed! New county, loving new partner, wealth, beautiful homes and travel. I agree with you, when it’s your life it doesn’t seem that fascinating or glamorous but I know my friends see it that way. I seem focused on the negatives, even though I have my dream life I still have heartbreak and grief and as another comment said, we also have to honor those times too as they come. But I need a pinch and I am inspired to write up my list of accomplishments and post it in plain sight for myself.

51. jamie commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 2:46am

oops, I meant to say new Country, not county!

52. Haust commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 4:27am

This is so easy to forget! Thanks for the reminder!

Wishing you a lovely Tuesday…

53. Susana commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 8:36am

That’s because of these kind of posts that you are the best, Holly.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts, your life and your knowledge.
    I’m grateful for being healthy and having 2 beautiful children, that I adore with all my heart.
    Have a lovely week!
    Susana´s last blog post ..Chinoiserie wallpaper

54. jamie ng commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 11:07am

I am grateful for my three daughters. Just had a wonderful visit with my oldest. They all live 1,000 miles away in Portland, Oregon. Although I miss them dearly, I am so happy that they are such confident and happy young women!
    jamie ng´s last blog post ..Paris Birdhouse

55. kerri jones commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 11:36am

Today; Holly, I am grateful for you!

For your inspiration, your wisdom, your wit…all of which, you so generously share with us.

Thank you!

Kerri
    kerri jones´s last blog post ..sacred trestles.

56. AL commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 12:29pm

I just read something recently that gave me pause – “the grass is greener where you fertilize it”.

57. Lisa commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 12:31pm

I was just in the park doing some workout with around 300 other people here in Örebro, Sweden. It’s an amazing feeling when so many people move as one… I was feeling a bit tired after a while but then I saw two men in wheelchairs, trying to do the same as everyone else. It made me realize that I am so grateful that I have a well functioning body. They made my day!
    And your blog inspires me to beauty every day. Thank you.

58. Chloe commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 2:39pm

Thank you so much Holly for being real…as I can see from all the other comments, I’m not the only one who was touched by this post.

Blessings on you and your husband!

59. Traveling Mama commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 3:24pm

Well said! I am unimaginably grateful to finally have arrived in Denmark with almost all of our bags and three healthy, happy, and very excited kids (plus my Traveling Man, of course!)

I hope you have a wonderful week full of “take-it-all-in” moments. hugs!
    Traveling Mama´s last blog post ..guest blogger {Charlene Austin}

60. Stacey commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 4:21pm

Wonderful post! I’m so grateful for my husband, who loves me and is sweet towards me even when I’m grumpy or crabby. He’s kind of a saint!

I’m also grateful for my sweet puppy. He brings so much joy and humor to my life!
    Stacey´s last blog post ..Marathon Monday: Week 2

61. Kaye commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 5:34pm

“There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart”
    Celia Thaxter (American Poet, 1836-1894)

I picked up on your blog about being grateful, and thought you might appreciate this quote.

I am a new author of a book titled: When I Am Grateful
    It’s a gift book that outlines the ‘stuff’ that can happen to us everyday and then reminds
    the reader how we can be grateful, even in the most challenging times.

You can view a book video on my site which gives you a free peek.
    Go to: wheniamgrateful.com

Have a Grateful Day!

62. Shashi commented
    June 15th, 2010 at 8:03pm

I had a moment like that today when I was walking to work and thinking about how I love my job but that the weeks just go by so fast that I don’t have time to enjoy all the moments. I stopped and I looked around as the fear of the speeding weeks into years whizzed by in my head and suddenly realized how beautiful and green the trees were. It was this small visual that reminded me to take things slowly and savor each moment instead of rushing to get stuff done.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this.

63. Andrea commented
    June 16th, 2010 at 12:16am

So funny I have been thinking about the notion,”the grass is always greener,” a lot lately. This idea of slowing down and truly enjoying what you have in front of you NOW is so important. I have a gorgeous 6 month old daughter and the other day I was daydreaming about a time where I had less responsibilities – not really appreciating all that I have. Always good to take a step back and be grateful. Thanks for the post!
    Andrea´s last blog post ..a perfect afternoon

64. Claudia commented
    June 16th, 2010 at 9:00am

When I am sick specifically is when I realize how grateful I am (or should be). When we are compromised or someone dear to us has a loss, we get real!!! You have contributed so much to our blogging community, that’s why all these happy things are coming your way…when we give we receive triple fold! I am grateful for my kids, my house, my new soon-to be hubby.

Rock on, Holly!!!

Claudia

65. eva / sycamore street press commented
    June 18th, 2010 at 11:15pm

Very well said, Holly! I feel much the same way as you… here I running my own letterpress business! And still, there are many days when it just feels normal and mundane and well…I start to forget how blessed I am! I am so grateful to be able to work every day with my husband, and we are expecting a baby girl in November, and we are incredibly thankful for her, too! It took us a while to get pregnant, so we don’t take it for granted…

66. Holly of So Chic Decor commented
    June 25th, 2010 at 2:25pm

What a beautiful post!! It makes me realize that I’m not the only one out there overwhelmed by life! Lately I’ve been overwhelmed with life responsiblities and feel like I just never have the time to achieve my dreams! I just need to take in a deep breath and realize that every day I’m getting closer and closer! In the meantime, I need to be grateful that I have the chance to work on my shop and my blog and someday soon I will be able to do it full time.
    Holly of So Chic Decor´s last blog post ..Sister Butterfly–Fabulously CUTE jewelry boxes

67. Nathalia commented
    August 15th, 2010 at 11:04pm

Hi there! Maybe you won’t read this comment but I’ll just write it anyway; if not for anybody, just for myself. It’s just so strange how things happen sometimes. I’ve been feeling quite upset or sad or angry (I’m not sure what exactly) with my life and just yesterday, as I was lying down on my bed just before I got to sleep, I thought about being grateful – something that I usually am, but have forgotten to be lately. And today I found this post. It feeld so good to look at your life and se haw many good things we have, so many reasons to celebrate everyday. So THANK YOU for helping remind me about this. Love from Lisbon!

68. decor8 commented
    August 16th, 2010 at 12:16pm

Nathalia how wonderful! Thank you for saying these, I read every single comment — yours meant a lot to hear today!