uncategorized

Janne Peters Photography

June 18, 2010

It’s Friday, the weekend is at our door! Let’s look at some inspiring interiors shall we? What a nice way to celebrate a new weekend — to be inspired by interesting spaces. Today we will peek into the portfolio of German photographer Janne Peters who lives in nearby Hamburg. I’ve been following Janne’s work since 2006 and love her eye and the diversity in her portfolio — diverse yet a very noticeable aesthetic that makes it all work together – it’s a cohesive body of work. She has a very clear vision and it’s crisp, modern and fresh.

Janne Peters Photography

Janne Peters Photography

Janne Peters Photography

Janne works with two of my favorite German stylists too – you must check out their creative and fun websites! You can click on these links below to be carried away to fun places to explore and enjoy.

P.S. The top two images are my favorites — I love the walls and floors being a bit rough around the edges… Sometimes we can’t have shiny, perfect white wood floors or gorgeous walls and it’s funny, I’m fine with that as I’m rather liking rooms more and more that have imperfections. I especially am into old peeling vintage wallpaper lately…

(images: janne peters)

You Might Also Like

28 Comments

• Reply lesley June 18, 2010 at 10:51 am

gorgeous! i love all the bright, white spaces.

xoxo,
    lesley

• Reply sylvie of silver lining June 18, 2010 at 10:56 am

the stacked suitcases + the wrought iron baskets + dreamy aesthetic = perfection. and that vintage red telephone! love.

happy weekend, friend!

xo,
    sylvie of silver lining

• Reply Julie June 18, 2010 at 11:03 am

Lovely! I just love the white chairs in the first photo:)

• Reply Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} June 18, 2010 at 11:05 am

This photography is so neat and inspiring, thank you for sharing! One more proof about the talent most German photographers and stylists have!

• Reply Renee @ eatliveshop.com June 18, 2010 at 11:20 am

I’m in love with the first 2 photos!

• Reply Ingrid Jansen June 18, 2010 at 11:28 am

yay for the white dahlia’s!

• Reply sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) June 18, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Happy weekend, Holly!

I love these photos too — especially that table all setup and waiting for friends to come and partake of something yummy together, and the hostess peeking out the window to see if the guests have arrived yet! :)

• Reply Anna-Malin June 18, 2010 at 12:28 pm

thank you for the inspiration!! love it!

have a nice weekend! :)

• Reply Arlene Grasman June 18, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Love the imperfections you mention, I think that’s where “realness” comes. Thanks for sharing!
    Arlenes latest blog Repurposed Life

• Reply heidi June 19, 2010 at 12:05 am

those floral pillows on that orange couch…wow

• Reply Alison Gibbs June 19, 2010 at 3:32 am

Beautiful work.
    Love how the colours pop with the white backdrop
    Alison

• Reply Tina June 19, 2010 at 4:05 am

Oh, this is lovely – especially love the rough walls!

• Reply Charlotta June 19, 2010 at 5:01 am

Wonderful light, white and good vibes in all of these.
    How great that you have followed her work for so long. It would be interesting to hear your view on how her work has changed over this time. If at all?

Happy weekend.

x Charlotta

• Reply laura trevey June 19, 2010 at 5:29 am

These are so refreshing!! Crisp and Clean …

• Reply Magdalena June 19, 2010 at 5:33 am

…beautiful atmosphere in photos you present…i love the imperfection and the harmony…

have a nice week end

lots of love

magdalena

• Reply The Muse of The Day June 19, 2010 at 5:48 am

Wow, with the rooms in the same color, the few actually colored (non white or off white) pieces really stand out. Perhaps I can learn a lesson or to from this for my art work.

• Reply Eleni June 19, 2010 at 7:13 am

Nice photos! They are so bright, like shots from one’s dream..
    have a great weekend!

• Reply Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas June 19, 2010 at 1:13 pm

My favourite is the table setting with the lady in orange in the background.

It seems such a lovely and relaxing summery set up. I’d love to be having brunch there with a group of my most loved ones.

• Reply Gosia Maj June 19, 2010 at 9:50 pm

I couldn’t stop staring at the images. I get the texture fix off of them like from none other – walls, floors, bed covers, upholstery – all are so beautifully texterized, I want to reach out and touch them. To me, this is the styling perfection. Thank you.

• Reply Sandra Kuwartowski June 20, 2010 at 5:02 am

Beautiful pictures. I love the 60ties teapot and sugarbowl together with flowerd cushion in this modern white surroundings. I payed a visit to both websites and they are really great fun – a hopping grasshopper and neon-coloured threads decorating the photographs like drawing lines…

• Reply Sheila Lim June 20, 2010 at 5:53 am

Was on my “flyinglesson’ and detoured to see your blog. I own a scrapbook store but my first love is interior design and feel most alive decorating. My idea of fun is 4 hours choosing fabric for foot stools. I love your blog ! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Reply Lilla huset på prärien June 20, 2010 at 8:55 am

Wow – I just love that top picture! What a feeling. I sure wish I will find a painting like that someday soon :)

Kind regards Jenny

• Reply vosgesparis June 20, 2010 at 5:35 pm

these pictures make me wanna clean out my space !

• Reply Ivy June 20, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Stunning! I love these images. A little rough around the edges is definitely more fabulous! Thanks for sharing these!

• Reply The Design Dish June 20, 2010 at 7:51 pm

I really love her photography! Thanks for posting!
    Love your blog :)
    The Design Dish

• Reply MichelleP June 21, 2010 at 3:13 pm

The quality of light in these photos is wonderful- it’s fresh & airy without being cold. Love it!

• Reply elize June 22, 2010 at 7:39 am

the sofa cover in the second photo is so attractive and i think its easy to uncover and wash as well

• Reply Rosa June 22, 2010 at 10:25 am

Wow, lovely post… I really love the atmosphere on the first two images, the light is so beautiful! And the red vintage telephones are gorgeous too.