Marie Nichols Blog

June 21, 2010

I just discovered interior stylist and blogger Marie Nichols from the Whole Lotta Lovely blog and had to make it the blog of the week. Her Sydney apartment is featured in the July 2010 issue of Real Living magazine that just arrived – her place is so sweet.

Marie Nichols Blog

Marie Nichols Blog

Marie Nichols BlogAnother moodboard, this time in yellow glossy paint over her desk.

Marie Nichols Blog

Red isn’t even my thing but her bedroom is so adorable I can’t stop looking at the details – love the dotty bedding and the art over the bed. She is clearly a Rob Ryan fan!

I think my favorite spot is her bedroom and I love her inspiration board next to her sofa, too. I’m so happy I read about this talented lady! Here is a glimpse of the article above, though you’ll need to pick up the issue if you want to see more and read about Marie or pop on over to her blog: Whole Lotta Lovely.

Psst: View her online styling portfolio here.

(images: holly becker for decor8)

You Might Also Like

• Reply chrissa June 21, 2010 at 12:11 pm

I LOVE moodboards.

I’m working on one right now for myself and my kiddo.

• Reply Ludmila {} June 21, 2010 at 12:12 pm

the moodboards are just amazing! that yellow glossy frame so brightens up the atmosphere! the artwork in that gorgeous red bedroom is quite charming!

• Reply Brigitte June 21, 2010 at 12:28 pm

I love love love these ideas. <3

• Reply Gramercy Home June 21, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Oh my! Simply lovely it is!!! Thank you for sharing this great find.

• Reply Amanda June 21, 2010 at 1:01 pm

I could move right into that bedroom! Love it!

• Reply Amanda June 21, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Love her style! I am going over to her blog to subscribe now!!

• Reply Rebecca June 21, 2010 at 1:12 pm

I love that bedroom too! And the mood boards are fantastic. It’s putting me in the mind to create my own.

• Reply Laura @ youngDCliving June 21, 2010 at 1:36 pm

I love that bedroom! All the red adds so much color, but it still feels light and airy. Love the art mural on the wall as well!

• Reply Christine June 21, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Wow. That is a whole lotta lovely!! Off to check out more – thanks!!

• Reply vicki (simply hue) June 21, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Oh, I’m in love with her home! I think when we move in a year or two I’ll use her bedroom as my inspiration. I love the crisp cheerful feel to it. :)

How are you, Holly? Miss ya. xo

• Reply decor8 June 22, 2010 at 2:38 am

VIcki – I’m fine, I’m here as always! :) :)

• Reply Milk and Honey Home June 21, 2010 at 2:36 pm

fun! She is isn’t scared of color….I’ll have to check out that blog

• Reply The Design Dish June 21, 2010 at 2:37 pm

I really love her blog and was excited to see you post on her! What a great apartment and love the bedroom!
    The Design Dish

• Reply Courtney June 21, 2010 at 3:05 pm

I think you both just turned me into a Rob Ryan fan too…thanks so much for the introduction to Rob Ryan’s work!

• Reply julie June 21, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Marie’s home in the UK is featured in another Aussie mag this month too – it’s gorgeous. Yay Marie!

• Reply PriscilaPetersDecor June 21, 2010 at 6:32 pm

I’ve been searching for ideas to work on my next project (a bedroom)and…. I got inspired!!! Totally inspired.

• Reply Glen June 21, 2010 at 6:44 pm

I love the whimsical colors, how can you ever be sad or upset in these rooms.

• Reply alex*modernkiddo June 21, 2010 at 6:48 pm

i love this! and I actually love red, but not so much in homes (more for fashion) and this is SO GREAT!!

• Reply Shanon June 21, 2010 at 8:09 pm

How amazing. This place makes me so happy! What a talent. Thank you for sharing her with us Holly. =)

• Reply Linda/Heartfire At Home June 21, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Well, seeing as though I am a hardwired ‘red’ girl from waaayyy back, that bedroom is right up my alley! Love it. I have red in my bedroom too… red rugs, red boots on display, a red case on top of the wardrobe, red lamps, red in the linen and a splash in the pic over the bed …. who said red wasn’t a great colour for a bedroom! Off to check out her blog. :)

Linda. :)

• Reply anastasia June 21, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Holly, i loved this feature as well – everything is so inspiring even her vintage crochet dress and bright shoes!!
    its a great issue – as an Interiors/lifestyle mag, Real living never fails to satisfy Yayyy!

• Reply Emma June 21, 2010 at 10:54 pm

This is just beautiful – I really like all the artwork over the bed. Very talented!

• Reply pixie June 21, 2010 at 11:37 pm

Love love love all that poppy red in her bedroom. Makes me want to run out for paint!

• Reply Erika June 21, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Marie has such a beautiful home- and blog too. Love that red bedroom with the great artwork over the bed. Lovely.

• Reply caro June 22, 2010 at 2:17 am

Oh, yes, her bedroom looks so beautiful and I love her blog. Thank you for sharing, Holly. Wish you a nice week!

• Reply Polly June 22, 2010 at 4:20 am

Wow I love the last two posts on your blog. Amazing! I love the bedding too, and the Rob Ryan artwork. Love all the glossy yellow paint xx

• Reply Hayley Blease June 22, 2010 at 5:39 am

I love red! this room is amazing and it shows you can use a lot of it!

• Reply Marie June 22, 2010 at 6:06 am

Thank you Holly for the lovely mention. My little Sydney home is so “make shift” that I was shocked when the peeps at RL wanted to shoot it… and now it’s found it’s way to your gorgeous blog – thank you!

• Reply permanent magenta June 22, 2010 at 6:57 am

Gosh these pictures make me feel so good, they are gorgeous!

• Reply ThiliBlooms June 22, 2010 at 7:16 am

humm pretty! And I love those butterflies on the wall besides the yellow moodboard!
    I wish you a very happy week :)

• Reply Mary Steininger June 22, 2010 at 7:22 am

Beautiful bedroom. I really like the mood boards. They add such energy to the room.
    I love this blog.

• Reply jennifer young June 22, 2010 at 3:01 pm

lovin’ that red room! so inspiring! i have that red ikea duvet cover but it looks so much better layered with other quilts/blankets!

• Reply Kat June 22, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Marie is a total inspiration for sure. I am pretty confident in saying that bedding is from Ikea.

• Reply Neva June 23, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Is there any way to find out where she got the awesome red polka dot bedding?? I’ve been searching and searching for a red bedding idea but everything I’ve ever found looks so old and tired. This looks fresh and modern!
    Thanks for the inspiration! I hope I can find something!