Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

It’s time for Etsy Take Five for this Tuesday – are you ready? But first I have to know, how are you doing? Are you well? I hope that all is well and that you’re enjoying the week, whether it is summer in your part of the world or not I wish you sunshine and some good things to come your way this week. I hope that this post will bring a little warmth and happiness in today… Seeing pretty things that are handcrafted always have a positive effect on me…

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

Golly Bard is Holly Ward Bimba who is an American artist living in Virginia. I’ve known about her work for some time but after reading this interview that Etsy had with her I felt inspired to highlight her work here today.

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

Artist Lauren Gray lives in Pennsylvania and her main focus is mixed media paintings though she also enjoys pyrography work. “I have an absolute unshakable love for figurative work and find myself always drawn back to the study of the human form,” says Gray. Her shop is called The Haunted Hollow Tree and she works with mainly with a monochromatic palette of gray, white and black with stunningly haunting results.

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

Yes, you can even find a bed on Etsy! Well, a headboard at least. These lightweight fabric headboards are from Holley & Gill in Montreal. This small company sketches the designs, silk-screens them onto fabric and then transforms them into headboards.

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

I love MayLuk in Brooklyn – her ceramics have had my heart for a few years now since I first discovered her — you can read a post that I wrote a few years ago here which will give you some information about this ceramicist and her travels!

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

LAYERxlayer is a small collaborative design studio in Brooklyn run by Patrick and Leah. “We use the highest quality materials to ensure that what we design will get better with age, as most things worth holding on to should”. I think their bags are great, but check out that cool wood tree clamp that you can add to a table to hold your jewelry, headphones, necklaces or just to decorate it a bit – fun!

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

And just for fun, I’ve added a 6th Etsy shop for this week as a little bonus called Dwell Deep because I thought her Silly Face Jars are darling!

(images: linked to their sources above.)

Posted by decor8 in etsy, Etsy Take 5 Tuesday on June 22, 2010

1. juliette commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 2:01pm

I like the 6th shop! I just returned from a week+ at a NC beach and am feeling both rested and jet-laggy. One of the stops we made last week was to the famous Seagrove area of NC. I have to go back there someday – absolutely gorgeous ceramics! I’m working on a blog post about it and just finished going through my pics.

You’re so right, seeing pretty handcrafted things has such a positive effect!
    juliette´s last blog post ..beach bound + freebies

2. Charlie commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 2:28pm

So cute! The 6th shop is so darling!
    Charlie´s last blog post ..Handmade Navy Nouveau Floral Tote Large

3. AbraCat commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 2:31pm

I’m just crazy about that lonely tree print from The Haunted Hollow Tree. So lovely.

4. mindy lacefield commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 2:31pm

I adore the mysterious haunted hollow tree! awesome textures and great restrictive use of her color palette. thanks for these amazing artists!!

5. Claudia commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 2:33pm

Love it, am going to check out GollyBard right now!
    Claudia´s last blog post ..In the interest of full disclosure . . .

6. Ashley commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 2:35pm

ooh, I’m in lurv with that little blue fox napkin by MayLuk! I’m also a fan of Golly Bard. All of these are great shops!! Thanks for sharing. A nice afternoon treat.

7. Molly commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 2:43pm

I love Dwell Deep! I bought one of those handpainted jars at the Renegade Craft Fair in Brooklyn a few weeks ago, and loved it so much that I had to have another!
    Molly´s last blog post ..Favorites: Free Summer Floral Gift Tags

8. juliette crane commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 2:51pm

Loving all of those adorable dishes! thanks for sharing all of this super inspiring work!

xo, juliette

9. forget.me.knot.weddings commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 2:53pm

Love the headboards!!
    forget.me.knot.weddings´s last blog post ..Love Shoot: Cheryl + Shane

10. Jody Lee commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 3:39pm

Beautiful art and Wonderful ceramics from May Luk! I’ve got some of her work on order! Great Stuff!

Jody

11. Holly commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 3:50pm

I just adore your blog and I am so honored to be included in your Tuesday finds. I am absolutely smitten with Lauren Gray’s imagery and the process of pyrography.

12. The Toasted Coconut commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 3:54pm

LOVE this dishes!! SO fun!

13. Katie Stephenson commented
    June 22nd, 2010 at 4:38pm

Dwell Deep!! I love those face jars–cute Gocco prints there too.
    Katie Stephenson´s last blog post ..tuesday’s top 12: succulents

14. Adele {modernemotive} commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 9:49am

Yah, can finally comment!

So happy to see my friends work on here – Holley & Gill! She’s an awesome lady to boot.

Great finds all round. Loving the top prints.

15. Renee commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 10:31am

So many great choices today Holly! Thank you for spying them for us!
    Renee´s last blog post ..My Brochure Is Complete! {cue music…}

16. lesley commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 3:45pm

great shops! i am so happy to have found golly bard, i am totally in love with the style!
    glad to see holley & gill featured here, too. wonderful company, fabulous work, and super awesome people behind the company, too.
    lesley´s last blog post ..etsy imagery :: up and away

17. iris commented
    July 6th, 2010 at 2:45pm

hi,
    I like all the items in “etsy take five Tuesdays”.they are all cheerful and colorful.I also have an etsy shop and would love to be featured in this item.
    Thanks.
    Good luck to you all.
    iris´s last blog post ..Business card holder retro designed printed white on black branch leaves