Skinny laMinx: New

I love all of the new stuff I’m seeing lately… brilliant summer collections, glimpses of upcoming autumn lines, a few new products (like this great collaboration that I wrote about earlier between Heath Ceramics and Dwell)… it’s all so exciting! In many ways, it’s what I live for — if I didn’t constantly have gorgeous new products to see and write about, life would be so dull for me because art and design is such a big part of who I am — who you are — who WE are, don’t you think?

Skinny Laminx

I can’t imagine not having new seasons and collections to look forward to. It’s not about being insatiable or even materialistic because I certainly do not purchase every new thing that I see. It’s more about seeing people all around the world dreaming, thinking, applying their skills, creating something special… this gives me such energy! You too?

Skinny Laminx

Take Heather Moore from Skinny laMinx for example… she’s rad. Always thinking, always doing, consistently impressing her fans and finding newbies to convert. I’ve been watching her grow from the beginning and her line just gets better and better which gives me such a great feeling inside — observing the creative process of others is food to me and no doubt to you too or else you wouldn’t be reading a design blog like decor8!

Skinny Laminx

Skinny Laminx

Skinny Laminx

Skinny Laminx

Skinny Laminx

Lovely new fabrics, cushions and things — loving these colorways and patterns — all available in her Etsy shop.

(images: skinny laminx)

Posted by decor8 in textiles on June 23, 2010

1. Cheryl commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 10:35am

I love the patterns!

2. Adele {modernemotive} commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 10:38am

Love the intertwined birds!
    Adele {modernemotive}´s last blog post ..3 Days Late

3. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 11:00am

I like this new designs and colors very much and the little dress is very cute too. She is very talented I am a big and of her graphics and textiles.
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..Carters Steam fair is in London!!

4. dee commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 11:15am

She’s the best.

5. Luisa commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 11:49am

I love her stuff, the choice of fabrics and colors! An inspiration to the rest of us.
    Luisa´s last blog post ..Make-up Pouch – Paris in Aqua and Red

6. Stephanie @ Nap Time Notes commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 12:04pm

Thanks for the heads up on this amazing etsy shop! I just snatched up that yellow linked birds pillow cover! :) I will definitely visit her shop again!

7. jennie commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 1:12pm

awesome blog! really inspiring!

8. Christine commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 1:26pm

I agree, so inspiring! Thanks for the creative “food” today and everyday. You are keeping me plum-fat on pretty things ; ) and I appreciate that.

9. Mayi Carles commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 1:28pm

Totally adorable. The fabrics and simply design are just lovely. I will go visit the etsy shop :)

10. Orit commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 1:32pm

Yes, me too… Design of all kind makes me happy. Graphic design, colors and textures inspire me and gives me creative energy. Don’t have to buy it, either. Window shopping (or blogging, for that matter) does the trick… Love this blog!

11. Julie commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 1:58pm

I love Heather’s work! Have been coveting those colts for too long. Her designs often remind me of tessellation patterns.

12. laura evans commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 2:24pm

so pretty … love the designs. Wonderful patterns & colours.
    laura evans´s last blog post ..a little red lady bug … – whimsical fine art photography

13. Lila Ferraro commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 3:46pm

Loving the fabrics! I’ve been on a lookout for fabrics to make my own shower curtains. I think I’ve found it!
    Lila Ferraro

14. EscapePod commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 4:18pm

Just gorgeous! The colors are delicious and the patterns are easy to live with long-term.
    EscapePod´s last blog post ..Red Elephant Pillow Cover

15. Kat commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 4:34pm

These are great Holly, the little dress is so sweet!
    Kat x
    Kat´s last blog post ..Catcher of light

16. Dan Shand commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 4:50pm

Great designs + patterns!

17. Mandy commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 5:26pm

Very nice indeed !!!
    Mandy´s last blog post ..RED BALL PROJECT

18. Bobbi commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 5:37pm

Love Skinny laMinx! She even has a great name. I’m trying to think autumn thoughts for a craft show I need to start preparing for, and I just can’t do it. Summer only just arrived here.
    Bobbi´s last blog post ..Summertime Dreaming

19. Jillian commented
    June 23rd, 2010 at 10:41pm

Oh my, I need those yellow pillows, both the birds and the herd. I hope Heather re-lists them soon!

I used to think it was materialistic to get so excited about the new seasons – new JCrew catalog, new Pottery Barn, etc and so forth, even though I never purchased anything from them. But, it was never really about the things, and more, as you said, about the creativity and the design and the people behind it. Like, “wow, how did they come up with that!?”
    Jillian´s last blog post ..Homemade Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli with Marinara

20. Julie Cove commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 1:03am

These patterns are so clever and irresistible especially the bird one as anything bird makes me lose my mind! ….and that dress is precious!
    Julie Cove´s last blog post ..Fresh Tomato & Avocado Toast- Whole, Real and Local Food in Season

21. Nicole commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 2:47am

I love Heather’s work (she’s an inspiration to small printers like me), and I’m right into cool cushions at the moment too!
    Nicole´s last blog post ..my creative space … cushions

22. Polly commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 5:49am

Loooove skinny Laminx! The blue bird cushion is especially gorgeous x
    Polly´s last blog post ..Summer

23. Kate commented
    June 24th, 2010 at 3:13pm

“It’s not about being insatiable or even materialistic because I certainly do not purchase every new thing that I see. It’s more about seeing people all around the world dreaming, thinking, applying their skills, creating something special… this gives me such energy!”

YES! Me too, me too…I couldn’t agree more.
    Kate´s last blog post ..Public Art in Rio’s Favelas