Objects

Roddy & Ginger {and a little secret…}

June 24, 2010

Roddy & Ginger has some delightful new offerings to grab your interest today… I’ve long been a fan of Virginia’s design work which is why I love to write about her whenever she shares new patterns and colors showing her signature characters along with some new friends that she has created.

Roddy & Ginger {and a little secret...}

I love the folksy feel along with the mid century colorways and clean, modern aesthetic. From mermaids to pretty maids all in a row, Roddy & Ginger has designs to fit every room in your home from the kid’s play area to the kitchen. Love!

Roddy & Ginger {and a little secret...}

And of course… I have another reason for posting about Roddy & Ginger and this photo above is a bit of a sneak peek… But you have to read Virgina’s own words here to know my secret. :)

(images: roddy & ginger)

You Might Also Like

19 Comments

• Reply ivy style33 June 24, 2010 at 6:01 am

Love love love their creations and their home looks gorgeous! It will be one fantastic participation in decor8 book!

The corner pictured above is simply perfect, I adore everything to its last detail : D

• Reply chantalep June 24, 2010 at 6:15 am

I love their home, the furnishings and how it’s evolved. Holly, we’re all awaiting (impatiently!) for your new book! So glad to see you’re having fun creating it. : ) You’re so lucky being able to meet all these amazing and creative people!

• Reply EscapePod June 24, 2010 at 7:52 am

Just beautiful. It’s amazing what a super-clean, sunlight-streaming window can do for a room.

• Reply winter June 24, 2010 at 8:06 am

I love the teaser- I totally go for that!

• Reply Sarah Fox June 24, 2010 at 8:59 am

I love Roddy & Ginger, and how wonderful that you are featuring this home. We are so lucky to get such fabulous glimpses into truly unique homes. I can’t wait..but I suppose I have to!

• Reply Piper June 24, 2010 at 9:07 am

I just adore Roddy & Ginger – the designs are so fun and different than what’s out there. I love the mermaid pillow!! Based on the above, it looks like her home is so lovely – can’t wait to see what you shoot in the book :)!

• Reply laura evans June 24, 2010 at 11:02 am

love the designs … so simple, wonderful colours & so so pretty!

• Reply Sandra Kuwartowski June 24, 2010 at 11:50 am

Amazing cushions embellish those unique furniture! Such a wonderful collection of all over pattern and illustrations on material. It was nice to read her comment about her “me to me present” table and how she prepare her interiors (and windows) for the photoshooting for your book!

• Reply virginia June 24, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Hi Holly, thank-you for lovely comments! We had a great day on monday – I am also really looking forward to the book!

• Reply vanessa@cardstyle June 24, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I love the illustrations on those pillows… so rustic but done in such contemporary and gorgeous colors! These pieces provide such a fun accent to a room. Love love love! I’d love to decorate a child’s room with this too… they’re just perfect!

• Reply Claire June 24, 2010 at 1:48 pm

I am loving the lamp in the end photo – especially with the window open. Natural light is one of the most beautiful things out there.

• Reply Mariah June 24, 2010 at 2:24 pm

What lovely designs! Those pillows are adorable!

• Reply Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} June 24, 2010 at 2:40 pm

The colors and patterns are absolutely beautiful! although the turquoise pillow might be my favorite!

• Reply Lucy June 24, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Holly, I believe this house to be in South East London very close to where I live. You should definitely pop into East Dulwich if you are in the area. It’s full of lovely shops and cafes that might take your fancy….
    Check out page 50 of this magazine, it gives you a flavour;

These are the ‘unsung’ areas of London that tourists don’t often visit. The shops, restaurants, etc are for locals. I love visiting similar places when I’m in cities in other countries.

• Reply Alison Gibbs June 25, 2010 at 4:30 am

How fabulous the cushion/pillows are. Wonderful designs
    Alison

• Reply Annette June 25, 2010 at 5:30 am

What a lovely couch – hope to see more of it in the book!

• Reply KG @ KG Style June 25, 2010 at 8:58 am

I really enjoy their designs. I would love some pillows with the bird! Very unique.-

• Reply Thea S June 25, 2010 at 10:30 am

Oooh, I can’t wait to see Virginia’s home. I love her prints too. It sounds like you have found some great homes to photograph Holly!

• Reply Patty June 29, 2010 at 11:21 am

OMG. Love those prints! I’m obsessed with bird prints right now too!