Call For Home Submissions: Decorate Book!

Good morning and welcome to a new week on decor8! I had such a nice weekend, did you? I spent Saturday out and about, hitting a flea market (my loot), eating at an organic cafe outdoors, grabbing a cone of ice cream and wondering a bit aimlessly… And then yesterday chillin’ at a gorgeous beer garden on the edge of the forest near my house watching the FIFA games and couldn’t believe how many people showed up – over 1,000 at a beer garden! It was a fun time and the weather was gorgeous – and of course, because Germany won, the crowds were going crazy screaming and chanting ole, ole, ole, ole! It really feels fun to be a part of the soccer craze, it’s such a major event and so fun for me, as an American, to get into a sport that doesn’t have such a major following back home. I also don’t mind the whole beer garden setting while watching the games… that of course, makes the sport so much more enjoyable! How about you, what did you do?

Color Me Pretty: May

I have a busy week ahead of me since I leave on Saturday for New York and have lots to do to prep for that. It will be fun to spend the 4th in NYC and to hit some of my favorite parks, museums and shops for a few days until Debi meets up with me and we get to work! Part of my work for this week involves grabbing another space or two to shoot while we’re there since we have some more days added to our schedule. If you would like to have your home photographed by Debi Treloar (she shot the Emily Chalmers books and those for Mark & Sally Bailey, along with lots of other Ryland Peters & Small/CICO books) and if you’d like for it to appear in the Decorate book that I’m working on for Chronicle Books and Jacqui Small Publishing (it will be published in the USA and in the UK simultaneously, early next year), please email me with some pics ASAP (decor8blog{at}yahoo.com)! We are looking for homes that are inspiring, preferably in NYC or within an hour by train, and that have a personal, creative touch — homes with sweet details, interesting furniture, etc. — styles can range from eclectic to mid century, flea market, bohemian, ethnic, modern… We are trying to represent many styles in this book but they do need to be beautiful and book worthy!

We also could use 1-2 in Paris for later in July since we’ll be shooting there — and we need one more in Amsterdam. Also if you know of any locations in Germany – I’m open to ideas and submissions, especially in Berlin. We have already completed shoots in London, Denmark and Sweden so those are all set.

Not all submissions will be accepted, obviously, but all will be considered so please don’t be shy!

If used in the book, your home will be fully credited with your name and link to your website and of course, I will style the space and interview you as well so that we can grab some of your decorating advice!

I can’t wait to hear from you!

(image: leslie shewring)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips on June 28, 2010

1. Punctuation Mark commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 10:25am

you are one of the few people i see around blog world who has gotten into the craze… in Miami it’s been fun because of all the people from all the different nationalities…

have fun in NY and look forward to see what great things you have in store for us
    Punctuation Mark´s last blog post ..Hot Miami Friday

2. Heather commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 1:06pm

Hi Holly, I had e-mailed you awhile ago asking if you might be interested in our home when I noticed your were looking for places on your Haus Maus blog, and didn’t hear back from you, so unfortunately I think our paths might cross while you’re in NY! If you might be interested, let me know, and I can send some photos, and please let me know where you would want me to send the images.

I’m excited about your book…such a terrific opportunity!
    Heather´s last blog post ..Happy Chic Jonathan Adler

3. Heather commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 1:13pm

P.S. We live in Westchester, about a 30/40 min train ride from NYC
    Heather´s last blog post ..Happy Chic Jonathan Adler

4. decor8 commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 1:19pm

Heather send some photos! :) I’ll gladly take a look!

5. Heather commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 3:08pm

Can you tell me where you’d like me to send them? I don’t think you got my previous e-mail which I sent to your site. Should I use the BYI yahoo group link?
    Heather´s last blog post ..Happy Chic Jonathan Adler

6. decor8 commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 4:59pm

Send to decor8blog [at] yahoo [dot] com and that should reach me!!

7. escapade commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 5:00pm

So excited to see your book Holly !
    escapade´s last blog post ..Good morning

8. Nat commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 6:39pm

Holly,
    you should ask Anna from doorsixteen.com if you can shoot her house. It is absolutely lovely.

9. decor8 commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 6:56pm

Oh we would love to but I heard she was in another book coming out around the same time so I decided not to ask her. Though I wanted to, because I would love to have her dogs in the book. :) And of course, the house. :)

10. pilgrim commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 7:00pm

come to melbourne, australia! ;)

11. morgane commented
    June 29th, 2010 at 4:10am

Good morning,

Our apartment was published on your website last year, the apartment is in Berlin Prenzlauer Berg… I guess you remember.

Morgane

12. Viv commented
    June 29th, 2010 at 5:39am

Yes, come to Australia!! Sydney too :)
    Viv´s last blog post ..Vintage style bicycles

13. Hayley Blease commented
    June 29th, 2010 at 7:03am

oh wow… now to be in NYC right now with a divine home! I am sure you will have many submissions.

14. indian yarn commented
    June 29th, 2010 at 9:06am

till when will you be taking submissions?
    indian yarn´s last blog post ..of topis … and more topis

15. simone commented
    June 29th, 2010 at 10:59am

Wish you were coming to Los Angeles!! Darn! You’ve seen some of my place on flickr– let me know if you will ever be in the area. Can’t wait for the book!
    simone´s last blog post ..Table for Two

16. decor8 commented
    June 29th, 2010 at 1:16pm

Simone – I am coming to LA! July 11-19!!!

17. Heather commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 11:12am

Hi Holly,
    I just sent you a link to view some photos of our house on my Flickr account. If you don’t get it, please let me know, and I can e-mail you some jpegs.
    Thanks!
    Heather´s last blog post ..What an honor-

18. decor8 commented