Camp Cirrus

If you love Scandinavian design and bold brights then the new Swedish design company Camp Cirrus may just be what you need to inspire you and thoughts of redecorating today! Decorating is all I think about lately since we have two flats that look very promising and both are beautiful… if we end up moving into one of them I will be the happiest woman on the planet because then I can decorate it! Weeee! I have so many ideas for my next place. I can’t wait to see where we ultimately end up moving but it looks like September or October I will have a permanent home. Then the things I write about can expand into some of my own home projects which I’m dying to share more of since I’d like to add new features to decor8. Okay… I digress. Now back to Camp Cirrus in Sweden. These bold patterns would be great on a patio or in the kitchen, wouldn’t they? They do look so very Swedish to me…

Camp Cirrus

Camp Cirrus

Camp Cirrus

Camp Cirrus

Camp Cirrus

Camp Cirrus

Camp Cirrus

This is their first collection shown above and it includes textile “jars” for storage, pillow covers, trays, totes and small bags. The pillow covers and bags are hand printed and their design is geared around making beautiful things that are also functional and make people happy. I like that!

(images: camp cirrus)

Posted by decor8 in Color Inspiration, textiles on July 01, 2010

1. Serge Belmans commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 5:35am

Aw, those storage jars are fun!

2. shannon fricke commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 5:37am

what gorgeous happy colours!

3. Júlia commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 6:11am

wonderful idea, I loved the site.

=)

4. Traveling Mama commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 6:36am

I love this find! These are just the kinds of things I would expect to see here in Scandinavia! I’m so glad to hear that things might work out for you guys!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! I have thought of you often these last couple weeks as we have gone house hunting. I think we found our place, but I’m having to compromise by giving up outdoor space for those stinkin’ gorgeous herringbone floors!
    Traveling Mama´s last blog post ..seeing the city

5. Helena [ROOM AND SERVE] commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 6:36am
  6. Ludmila {creamylife.com} commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 7:41am

love the colors & patterns! this might be what I needed to see today! thank you, Holly!
    Ludmila {creamylife.com}´s last blog post ..Donna Griffith Photography

7. Sandra Kuwartowski commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 8:00am

Bold and simple patterns of houses, flowers and dots and a restricted colour palette (three shades of red, two shades of blue, three shades of green) – a beautiful combination. I like the way they made a pile of these bright pillows on that antique chair and how they arranged their trays and textile jars with coloured pencil, green aple and Smarties!

8. Tina commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 8:36am

Haven´t heard of them so good that you posted about them – love the patterns and colors! I´m always a bit proud when swedish designs is seen. :-)
    Tina´s last blog post ..Blanket in the making

9. Holly commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 9:34am

Such beautiful colors and patterns!! I think I’m in love with this company!
    Holly´s last blog post ..Samantha Robinson – Beautiful Handmade Porcelain

10. carolyn commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 11:12am

oh, those slouchy pencil holders are so darling.

11. Mindezigns commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 1:53pm

I love these colors, I have bold bright colors on my walls in my condo.

12. Polly commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 2:26pm

Wow I love these! They’re so bright and happy :) I likeee x
    Polly´s last blog post ..Just a minute JULY

13. a pocket full of posies commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 6:05pm

What a great find!! LOVE the fresh/crisp look!
    Blessings!
    Jill
    a pocket full of posies´s last blog post ..CelebrateTODAY-

14. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 6:19pm

I think these are SO vibrant and lovely! I love the little houses print so much and love those greens!
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..The little things- lush

15. rebecca commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 6:39pm

beautiful beautiful pillows.

16. jacqueline commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 8:15pm

WOW look at these gorgeous colors and patterns! Such loveliness!! Have a lovely merry happy day and thanks so much for such gorgeous eye candy! Love to you!
    jacqueline´s last blog post ..Handmade with love

17. Glenda commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 8:56pm

The colors and patterns make me HAPPY.
    Glenda´s last blog post ..And the winner is LIME GREEN

18. Sneeka commented
    July 1st, 2010 at 11:09pm

I love the colors and patterns for Camp Cirrus – ah I wish they were sold in the states!
    Sneeka´s last blog post ..Saturday Morning Breakfast

19. Ashley @ Indie Pretty Projects commented
    July 2nd, 2010 at 12:18am

Those house-print pillow covers are so sweet!
    Ashley @ Indie Pretty Projects´s last blog post ..Shop of the Week – Sweet Jessie

20. Casa e Cose commented
    July 2nd, 2010 at 7:10am

i agree with another blogger – when its swedish design you get sort of proud being a swede and all :)
    love your blog! allways so many great tips and inspirations
    Casa e Cose´s last blog post ..beach cottage style

21. ANA MARTA DE LAS HERAS commented
    July 2nd, 2010 at 8:14am

I want do a recomendation if you like those drawings and the colours ¡¡¡
    you can see this web¡¡

I hope you like¡

22. Renate commented
    July 2nd, 2010 at 10:29am

Actually, I think they look more Finnish than Swedish. Finnish – as in, trying to imitate Marimekko. But there’s nothing wrong with being inspired by another brand. I like the blue bag though I wouldn’t wear it. The rest just isn’t my style.

23. Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor commented
    July 2nd, 2010 at 6:24pm

The simple clean patterns are wonderful but the colors are just divine!
    Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor´s last blog post ..Butterfly Wing Cane Video – Now Playing – Polymer Clay Library

24. A Vos Lettres commented
    July 3rd, 2010 at 2:10am

J’aime beaucoup ce que fait CAMP CIRRUS mais je n’arrive pas à entrer dans le site pour en voir davantage, j’en profite pour vous dire que j’adore me promener sur votre site, bravo et MerCI.

Anne from Lyon

25. Katie commented
    July 3rd, 2010 at 11:26pm

I love it all! Why does your blog do this to me?
    The green house motif on the tray and pillow is my favorite.
    Katie´s last blog post ..um…

26. Mari commented
    July 5th, 2010 at 7:48am

We love their work as well and you can get their beautiful designs here: http://www.articdesign.it . Camp Cirrus wonderful prints are a lovely addition to any home!

27. girlontheave commented
    July 10th, 2010 at 2:55am

what pretty prints! thanks for sharing these lovely finds