Happy Weekend!

Hey it’s the weekend! How did that happen? This week flew by and I’m heading out of New York soon to Los Angeles so I want to wish you a very happy weekend and on Monday I’ll be checking in but also posting a lovely home tour and sharing some more highlights and such. I want to wish you a wonderful weekend, I have to work but I’m trying to fit some shopping in later today because there are so many stores I want to see before leaving…

Color Me Pretty

I realllly miss blogging daily but Leslie has been doing a great job and next week I’ll be hanging out with her in L.A. so that will be nice to finally meet her in person. :) Yay! Last night I met up with some blogger friends and it was sooo nice to bring the virtual to the reality. One thing I’ve loved about all of this traveling  = THE PEOPLE! Outside of New York cab drivers, people here are so friendly and welcoming despite how massive this city is and the crazy hectic pace. I can’t wait to go to California to compare the lifestyle out there — I’ve not been to L.A. in five years and all I dream about is sitting by the sea enjoying fish tacos and sunshine with new friends by my side there. For all of those whom I’ve met while here in New York, thank you so much for the warm reception and fun times — it has been such a pleasure to meet you.

Well, it’s a wrap! I’ll see you on Monday and have a wonderful weekend! xo

(image: leslie shewring)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on July 10, 2010

1. juliette commented
    July 10th, 2010 at 9:42am

yay! sounds like the trip is a success so far! I’m looking forward to meeting several blog friends in real life this summer on our travels as well – in fact, we all met each other via your blogs! Happy trails in LA!
    juliette´s last blog post ..Dover Pottery in Seagrove- NC

2. crafty fanny commented
    July 10th, 2010 at 9:46am

Leslie, that photo is simply gorgeous!!

Holly, Safe travels! It sounds like you’re having a really fantastic time!
    crafty fanny´s last blog post ..how I conquered my Google Reader

3. Isadora commented
    July 10th, 2010 at 9:50am

The weather in LA has been hideous, please don’t be disappointed.

4. Linda Chapman commented
    July 10th, 2010 at 10:57am

Enjoy the west coast!! AND all that you will experience there!
    Linda Chapman´s last blog post ..Pickin PEACHES-

5. Edyta commented
    July 10th, 2010 at 11:58am

Have an amazing weekend!
    Love hydrangeas – such a beautiful photo!

xoxo
    edyta

6. raichel commented
    July 10th, 2010 at 12:47pm

Congratulations for your blog,
    Lots of beautiful things…

7. Alison Gibbs commented
    July 10th, 2010 at 10:56pm

Sounds like you are having a great trip – some fun as well as work
    Alison
    Alison Gibbs´s last blog post ..WHITE WEDNESDAY

8. Melissa commented
    July 11th, 2010 at 2:56am

I love weekends and hydrangeas :)
    Melissa´s last blog post ..Vintage Love

9. Sarah @ Natural History commented
    July 11th, 2010 at 6:05am

Whenever I check in here you’re always doing something exciting, and LA seems to be the hip place for bloggers to head to these days (if Caroline, No is anything to go by!). Naturally, I intend to turn this completely around and bring Chincoteague into vogue as THE East Coast summer destination. The Hamptons is so 1980′s.
    Sarah @ Natural History´s last blog post ..Traveling Light- Without Compromise

10. Charlotta commented
    July 11th, 2010 at 7:06am

Sounds like you are having fun. LA will be great – doesn’t matter if it rains or is sunny. It’s always a blast! Enjoy!

x Charlotta
    Charlotta´s last blog post ..Love in a teacup and give-away

11. Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas commented
    July 11th, 2010 at 2:33pm

Love this hydrangea pic!

Such a pretty purplish-blue.

Keep enjoying your journey, Holly! It sounds amazing.
    Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas´s last blog post ..Lovely Las Vegas- Chihuly at City Center

12. Mona Kay at Home commented
    July 11th, 2010 at 5:38pm

Hydrangeas just say summer…the pic is beautiful!! Since I’m right next door in NJ, glad you enjoyed NY!

MK
    Mona Kay at Home´s last blog post ..Finallyan After-

13. EdgeInspired commented
    July 12th, 2010 at 7:07am

What a stunning photo!!
    Great article. Your travels sound like so much fun :) Enjoy everything you do

Charlotte
    EdgeInspired´s last blog post ..Handmade Gift Tags – Wish Upon A Star

14. sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) commented
    July 12th, 2010 at 12:05pm

OH so pretty!

Have fun meeting Leslie — I didn’t know you two had never met! I feel like I know her just a little from all of the wonderful blog posts and from the class!

Hugs to both of you. :)
    sideoats + scribbles (Lisa)´s last blog post ..It’s a good thing I’m not a cat

15. Hilary commented
    July 12th, 2010 at 12:35pm

Just spent a thrilling weekend here in L.A. myself…home sweet home.
    Love those purples in the photo…love to see that color in a bedroom!
    Hilary´s last blog post ..Metamorphosis- Girl’s Room

16. Alan @ sticviews commented
    July 12th, 2010 at 12:40pm

I’m going to LA tomorrow for the film festival — beautiful picture, i should make a laptop skin out of it ;)
    Alan @ sticviews´s last blog post ..Tile Stickers And Decals For All-

17. Carmella commented
    July 12th, 2010 at 12:41pm

Holly,

We’re hanging on here, just fine, waiting to hear about (and see) all that’s been keeping you so busy!! Good to throw some fun things into the work mix, too!
    Carmella´s last blog post ..Harvest Ready

18. Mandy commented
    July 12th, 2010 at 2:29pm

We have had horrible weather for a few weeks here in LA. You can still enjoy outdoor activities but it is not the stuff of postcards.

19. Mabel and Zora commented
    July 12th, 2010 at 2:51pm

Great photo.

20. Katie commented
    July 12th, 2010 at 11:10pm

dear holli, I miss you. but Leslie is awfully good…especially with that take five tuesday.
    Katie´s last blog post ..why I miss Domino magazine

21. Lindsay commented
    July 13th, 2010 at 3:16am

Hello, I am an interiors nut in Glasgow, Scotland, and having just discovered your blog have lost many hours over the past few days going back through your archive! My little girls (3 & 1) are wondering why mummy has been so busy with her computer… You have a great eye and I will definitely be a regular reader now!

22. Amelia commented
    July 13th, 2010 at 6:00am

Hope you have great and happy travels. I too have been meeting people person to person recently, who I originally met on-line and it is such a wonderful experience to connect with others all across the globe . . . .

Amelia.x

23. Romantic Crafts commented
    July 13th, 2010 at 11:30am

I adore these photo’s and I’m a little bit jealous, I WISH I could make such wonderful pictures!
    Great blog by the way!

Betty
    Romantic Crafts´s last blog post ..Handmade earrings with beautiful big blue glass bead

24. gwendolyn commented
    July 13th, 2010 at 2:34pm

i hope cali is treating you well!!!

25. Anne commented
    July 13th, 2010 at 2:50pm

Awesome photo! I love it. Hope you had safe travels and a good time!

26. Piper (DailyDivaDish) commented
    July 13th, 2010 at 2:56pm

Your life sounds so busy right now…but for really good reasons. Safe travels to you!
    XO Piper
    Piper (DailyDivaDish)´s last blog post ..Turquoise Tuesday

27. BODIE and FOU commented
    July 14th, 2010 at 12:51am

Have an amazing time in L.A. and try to relax too :-)

Bises

28. Ava commented
    July 19th, 2010 at 9:19am

I absolutely love this picture of hydrangea. It reminds me of the bouquet I held as a bridesmaid at my sister’s wedding :)

29. Angel commented
    December 9th, 2012 at 7:33pm

I love the photo too. Cool site. I’ve only been to California once and not to LA. I travel to alot of other places though.
    Have fun definitely! Peace….
    Angel´s last blog post ..Old Playground Sculptures