Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

July 14, 2010

Hello Friends, it is Leslie here with another Etsy Take Five Tuesday or rather “Take Fifteen”. I hope you enjoy visiting these artists’ shops as much as I did. Even though I am showing lots of turquoise and golden yellow there are many colorful pieces to be found in each fabulous shop. Are you ready? Let’s get started!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

This beautiful 8×8 Fine Art Photograph by Jessica of Sweet Eventide could brighten up any room in your home. 2. A fresh ironing board cover by City Chic Country Mouse could really help motivate me to iron or at the very least make my laundry room look a whole lot prettier! 3. I just love the pattern on this mouse pad by shim and sons. Check out their shop for other great patterns. 4. The Citrus Ruffles necklace designed by Danni of oh hello friend could be a lovely birthday present for someone special.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

5. I love the “Its whats inside that counts” handprinted screenprint handprinted by Hazel Nicholls of Reapwhatisew. 6. The Blue Dream Charm Necklace by Tamar of Nest Pretty Things is sweet, romantic and just perfect for summer. 7. Thet “love birds” design card by out of Australia would look good framed! 8. I am a huge fan of this illustration titled,“Penny Peacock” — actually I love all of Merilee’s work, the artist behind Tuesday Mourning. 9. A fun print on a piece of fabric for sale at Pink Polka Dot Studio.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

10.The Marilyn Necklace is another oh so pretty piece by Tamar of Nest Pretty Things. 11. “Ellen” print by Tuesday Morning again -amazing! 12. “When Will It Stop” by Laura Amiss, the doily clouds are perfect, this piece would be awesome in my niece’s room. 13. I really like this Goldenrod retro tea set at Gathering Vintage because I could use the cream and sugar pieces on their own and then all the pieces would make great holders for flowers, anyways, check out their great shop for more sets. 14. Trays like this hand painted metal one from Modish Vintage are really functional as you can use them, hang them on the wall as art or gift them. 15. This ginko pattern fabric comes in many colors and I think you will enjoy seeing all the fabrics featured in Frumafar as it is a visual treat.

Tomorrow I’m hanging out with Holly for the day while she is in L.A. but I’ll be posting again so stay tuned!!!

(images: linked to their sources above)

• Reply jacqueline July 14, 2010 at 1:43 am

Very yummie goodies! A few of my favorites are in the list too! How cool! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

• Reply kt July 14, 2010 at 2:36 am

I really enjoyed your picks today. They were all so light and refreshing.

• Reply NATALIA July 14, 2010 at 5:06 am

I like so much the number 8!!
    It`s so nice.
    Kisses from Madrid.

• Reply Ludmila {} July 14, 2010 at 5:38 am

love your finds, Leslie! So many shops to check on now, thank you for introducing me to them :). xoxo

• Reply Sandra Kuwartowski July 14, 2010 at 5:49 am

thank you for showing this powederd pink-turquoise-golden collection! My favourite is Reapwhatisew`s print of the traditional 5 babushka dolls (and her sentence of five words: it`s what inside that counts matches!). I love her humour! Hm, yes you are right Leslie, maybe an upgrate of the laundry room with such a friendly bloomy iron board cover would do the trick to iron with ease…

• Reply lady a. July 14, 2010 at 6:00 am

I never expected ironing board to be pretty, but with the cover from photo number 2 it is simply BEAUTIFUL!!! I must have one of them.

• Reply Laura Amiss July 14, 2010 at 6:49 am

Oh what a lovely surprise! Thanks so much for including my ‘When will it stop print?’ on this super cool list. Here in Amsterdam it’s more ‘when will it start?’ we could do with some rain :-) L x

• Reply Traveling Mama July 14, 2010 at 7:47 am

It is all so beautiful! I’m sure you and Holly are going to have the BEST time together! hugs!

• Reply City Chic - Jamie July 14, 2010 at 8:41 am

Fabulous finds as always! And thank you so much for including our ironing board cover! xoxo

• Reply Ashley @ Indie Pretty Projects July 14, 2010 at 8:44 am

Love the softly-colored finds. I’m especially partial to the ginkgo print fabric – ginkgo leaves are my go-to when I want an element of nature in a design.

• Reply Laura July 14, 2010 at 8:51 am

What gorgeous picks! I especially love that tea set…

• Reply laura trevey July 14, 2010 at 9:05 am

wonderful picks… so sweet in pastels!

• Reply Leigha July 14, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Hi Leslie. I cannot wait to sift through these sources and explore. Everything looks so lovely, the gingo pattern fabric is especially near and dear to my heart.
    I love that I am not the only one who can never narrow down my Etsy love. “Take five” (or rather buy one) always turns into “Take fifteen” (or buy five) at my house, too!
    Guess I better start planning now for the afternoon that will certainly be sucked into the time warp that always occurs on Etsy.
    Have a wonderful day with Holly tomorrow!

• Reply Tina July 14, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Great picks, love the colors – and especially the print by Hazel Nicholls! :-)

• Reply Nikki July 14, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Great picks! I love the citrus ruffles necklace- so cute!

• Reply IfraLahell July 14, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Ohhh. I love the colors. The first pic by Jessica was outstanding :)

• Reply mina July 14, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Great Take (1)Five Leslie!

Nest Pretty Things is one of my favs, she has such awesome photography and does a good job with the branding.

City Chic hello new favorite! :)

• Reply Mayi Carles July 14, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Absolutely gorgeous selection! Specially love Miss Modish’s vintage piece + tuesday mourning. Fantastic!

• Reply Jessica July 14, 2010 at 3:15 pm

Dreams can come true, it can happen to you! Thank you for including one of my photographs in my beloved feature Etsy Take Five Tuesday. I hope you two are having a great day together today! :)

• Reply Dana July 14, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Love the color palette, thanks for introducing me to some great new shops!!

• Reply Amanda July 14, 2010 at 3:40 pm

cute stuff. HOw do you do your searches on etsy? Are you looking for particular things?? I always feel so overwhelmed over there when I just want to stumble upon some goodness.

• Reply Gretchen July 14, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Hello. Just a heads up. Not sure if its just me but probably all Mac users – I am unable to view the images in today’s email. Just thought you’d like to know. Thanks for all the work you poured into today’s email. I always look forward to a break in the day where I can read my daily decor8 email.

• Reply Oonafey @ Little Pink House July 14, 2010 at 3:42 pm

I bought an ironing board cover from City Chic Country Mouse a few months back and I LOVE it! It almost makes me want to leave my ironing board out as decor!

• Reply sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) July 14, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Hi Leslie! The turquoise and golden yellow combo is so pretty — reminds me of a happy summer day.

And! I have that necklace from Nest Pretty Things and I just love it! I get tons of compliments, too. :)

• Reply carrie July 14, 2010 at 3:49 pm

ooooh…. pretty! LOVE the turquoise and lemon… hmmm… :)

• Reply Casa e Cose July 14, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Everything is just so pretty pretty pretty! Etsy is such a cool thing newly discovered by me :)

• Reply Paula July 14, 2010 at 5:40 pm

I love the color on number 13. It’s like a mustard color. It’s such a rich color.

• Reply Penny Patten July 14, 2010 at 7:10 pm

What lovely picks! I really like the Marilyn Necklace and the Penny Peacock print. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Katie July 14, 2010 at 8:08 pm

my favorite colors! hooray!

• Reply Alan @ sticviews July 14, 2010 at 8:25 pm

The photo (number 1) is beautiful! My walls in two of my bedrooms are light blue and that photo would be an excellent compliment.

• Reply Emma July 14, 2010 at 9:46 pm

I love the really fresh color combinations of all those choices. My faves are the fabric from the pink polka dot studio, and the Tuesday Mourning artwork.

• Reply Stacey July 14, 2010 at 9:55 pm

These are all so lovely. I especially love Nest Pretty Things!

• Reply Cookie Cutter July 14, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Such sweet, pretty finds! I love the soft colours. I recently discovered Nest Pretty Things and blogged about them too!

• Reply Sécia July 14, 2010 at 10:13 pm

LOVE the yellow tea set! ?

• Reply Julie Cove July 14, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Wow what an array of nicely themed goodies to feast my eyes upon! Great sleuthing on Etsy I might say! Hope you have a great day with Holly and enjoy finally getting to meet her in person!

• Reply Mary Grace Thomas July 15, 2010 at 1:20 am

my what lovely finds…i now have a few more favorite shops!

• Reply Marleen July 15, 2010 at 7:58 am

I like the prints of Laura Amiss very much. Two hang in my daughter’s room, daughter no.3 has her birthday in Jan., she has to wait. But they are very pretty and the wrapping was like a gift too! Check her out!

• Reply Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas July 15, 2010 at 10:02 am

Gorgeous compilation of pretty and unique things.

I’ll take all 15!

• Reply Meaghan July 15, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Ha! What a coincidence you post about this, I bought the Blue Dream Charm necklace from Tamar’s shop a couple of weeks ago. I love it!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente July 15, 2010 at 6:04 pm

These are ALL gorgeous! Thank you for all of the lovely inspiration and shops Leslie! So fun having you here while Holly is gone. The two of you are perfect together! :)

• Reply mer July 15, 2010 at 6:21 pm

thanks Leslie! what a lovely round up. Perfect summer inspiration!

• Reply jessica July 15, 2010 at 6:23 pm

such a lovely list,and thanks so much for including my love birds card xx

• Reply Holly July 15, 2010 at 7:59 pm

What beautiful items! I love the retro tea set and the prints from Tuesday Mourning.

• Reply nichole July 16, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Oooh, a fab etsy tuesday!

• Reply hena tayeb July 19, 2010 at 2:23 pm