Hello Friends!

July 21, 2010

Hello friends! It’s Holly back in action once again! I’m so sorry for not being around much to talk to you for the past two weeks, I tried to pop in when I had time but I’ve been working very hard in both NYC and Los Angeles on shoots with Debi Treloar – I am styling homes and she is shooting them for the Decorate book that I’ve been working on as some of you already know. It’s been a great deal of fun and I’ve learned so much in the process, I can’t wait to share more about the things I’ve learned in the weeks to come because I think they may interest you — but I’m still recovering from the flight back to Germany from LA so I’m a bit slow mentally right now – lol – and cannot find words as I would like to. To summarize my time away though – it was just grand!

Hello Friends!

It’s funny, my friend Ingrid told me that when I finish this process that I will be a different person. I didn’t know what she meant when she said it, but the skeptic in me highly doubted any part of this process would change me. But it has in ways that I did not expect and I will reveal those as I go because some of it is a bit emotional and I’m too tired to go into it today.

I am happy with the work I’ve done and proud of myself, but also very excited to share the homes with you in the book that I scouted because they each have such unique styles and personalities that inspired me quite a lot. Being out and inside of homes, moving around personal belongings, examining details on a cabinet or inside of a bookcase, just being “in” a space like that felt wonderful and I hope that images reflect my passion for this project when you see them. It also gave me a lot of fuel and excitement for future book projects and even projects that I have planned to show on decor8 in the months to come — I feel like I am ready to blossom into other areas and experiment more on decor8 as well so stay tuned for some new features that I will launch on this blog in the winter that will no doubt excite and inspire you, too. My goal is always to keep things fresh and forward because I think in a world as saturated as our online one has become that we, as blog authors, want to keep our loyal readers happy and stimulated but most importantly fill our emotional glass FIRST — so I will continue to work on giving you some happy content to enrich your day and hopefully, even make your life a little happier too. I feel I have so much more to offer you as readers now more than ever before and that is a really good feeling for me to have. I still have more traveling to do — to London, Belgium and the Netherlands — but my days away will not be as long as before so I’ll be blogging quite regularly going forward.

Okay so I’m officially back to blogging on a daily Monday – Friday schedule. Leslie has been so kind as to cover for me while I was away (thank you, dear Leslie). Did I tell you that we were able to meet? Oh yes! We actually worked together a full day and then in the evening, she and her lovely husband took us out to this hip sushi place on Hollywood and Vine where we ate and laughed and enjoyed the whole virtual-to-reality bit of going from virtual friends to “real life” friends as Leslie and I have done. It was so much fun to finally meet my contributing editor here on decor8 – we’ve been working together for a year as she has done an exceptional job producing her color me pretty columns – and she has been a very strong addition to my Blogging Your Way e-courses as a co-teacher, so meeting up was absolute perfection. I can’t wait to teach alongside her again in our next class coming up in September (registration will begin in August, to get on the mailing list please click here). Leslie dear, thank you for everything! You really made my trip to LA shine! Oh and she even came with me to a shoot one day to “assist” though it was more like her just hanging out with Debi and I as I moved and shuffled things around. Leslie was great to have there on a shoot as she was so encouraging and engaged, it really made things so nice for me and to spend an extra day with her was an absolute honor for me.

I’ll be back in a moment with some posts for today – see you in a moment dear friends!

(image: holly becker for decor8)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Carmella July 21, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Welcome back, Holly! It’s always fun to read/see the little bits of news coming from your direction. Can’t wait to hear more, but first, make sure you get yourself some rest!

• Reply Brigitte July 21, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Welcome back, Holly! I cannot wait to read more about what you’ve learned on your trip…and I’m excited to see these new features you’re hinting at. It’s hard for me to imagine how you can be even more inspiring than you are now, but I know by now that’s just your nature. So creative AND generous. I hope that someday I’ll get to meet you in person! Perhaps you will tour with your book release in Chicago… ;)

• Reply Suze July 21, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Ciao Holly, what a pleasure to read your happy words full of enthusiasm! And welcome back!

• Reply ishtar July 21, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Dear Holly, WELCOME BACK!!!!!
    looks like you had a terrific time and I´m so glad you got to met up with Leslie!! how wonderful!!!!
    I can relate to the fact this kind of experiences change you, absolutely!
    i´ll love to hear all you have to share!
    bless you and have a good rest!

• Reply jodi July 21, 2010 at 1:20 pm

welcome back!

• Reply Make, Do & Send July 21, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Leslie has been wonderful while you were away but you have been missed so welcome home!! Can’t wait to see and hear more about your adventures and experiences I’m am sure they will influence decor8 in wonderful ways going forward :) Alex x

• Reply Stephanie Ryan July 21, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Welcome back! I can’t wait to hear all about your new adventures. Congratulations on all of your success!

• Reply Traveling Mama July 21, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Welcome back! Leslie kept us all satisfied, but we are looking forward to our next “meal” with you! I can just imagine just how sweet the time must have been with you two awesome ladies! Oh, and I seriously do not think you have to worry about any of us getting bored. You are an incredible inspiration to SO many of us and I seriously do not see that changing any time soon.

Wishing you the best as you settle back into your home!

• Reply Kimberly July 21, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Hello Holly:

I’m new to your blog, but I love what I see. Glad that I came right as you came back from a long trip. Can’t wait to read and see all that you have in store!

• Reply Diana July 21, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Welcome back, Holly! So lovely to hear from you about your trip. Looking forward to all the new and exciting things you have to share!

• Reply decor8 July 21, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Oh thank you so much! I feel so happy being back online regularly again — I only checked email in the early morning and late night and felt really disconnected from the online world which has become such a huge part of my daily life and I truly cherish it. It’s funny, before I took this blog break to work on the book, I thought I would love to be offline for awhile to get in touch with other things but found that I really didn’t need it — I felt the same each day as before and was still the same person on or offline so my little experiment came in handy for me — online or offline, it’s the same world it just depends on balance the energy you commit to both. In this case, I learned a bit more balance — making connections in person was hugely important to me and my creative process and being “IN” it really gave me additional energy to daily writing exercises. So in that way I learned that to become more creative I need to spend a few hours a day in hands-on work so as to not feel the burn of being online too much. But that’s just SOME of what I learned… more will follow in the weeks to come, there is a lot to share but I’m jet lagged so I’m calling it a day and going to bed! LOL

• Reply Sophia July 21, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Yea! you are back! Am I glad to see all your “pretties” again….YES!

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang July 21, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Hello Holly! I’m so glad you had a great trip and I can’t wait to hear more about your journey!

• Reply Julie the Alkaline Sister July 22, 2010 at 1:16 am

Welcome back Holly. So excited for you to have met Leslie, she’s a dear friend whom I would be lost without! She did a really great job for you but you were also dearly missed:) Your scouting experiences sound amazing, getting to peek behind closed doors! Can’t wait to see the finished product. When do you anticipate the release of your book? Also love hearing about your revelations. The evolution and discovery of our character, our passions and our inspirations is intriguing isn’t it? Hope the jet lag is short lived.

• Reply debra July 22, 2010 at 2:27 am

welcome back! i enjoyed Leslie’s inspiration and also happy you had great time away, i cant wait to get your book! Do you think i could get it here in South africa? otherwise, ill have to buy on line! welcome and thanks for all your work and blogs! they make me smile.

• Reply Heather July 22, 2010 at 2:04 pm

What are those beautiful flowers in the photograph at the top of this post?

They’re stunning!

• Reply frauheuberg July 22, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Later, but so much from my heart…welcome back, Holly and so good to hear that you had a great time in your home country…;)…i´m exciting about all the things you will share with us the next few weeks, months…;)…thanks to be here…;)…cheers and hugs…i…

• Reply Leigha July 26, 2010 at 12:01 am

So glad you returned so inspired (as a reader, that means more inspiration for me, too…).
    I cannot wait to see some of the new features!

• Reply VERA LUCIA DA SILVA November 2, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Olá! Adorei o blog é encanto ,muito lindo, Parabéns … abraços

• Reply decordoma February 7, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Hello Holly:
    I really like your blog. Oh thank you so much!