Kate Spade

July 22, 2010

When I was in New York a few weeks ago (so fun being there for July 4th!), I spent 8 days mostly working but whenever I could find a free second, I slipped out to hit this or that design store — so many great places to shop, omg! I hit Kate Spade one afternoon after a shoot, the homeowner actually brought me there to go shopping with her and then she pointed me over to ABC Carpet + Home where I fell completely in love with their ceramics, pillows, jewelry and the Madeline Weinrib Atelier. There are no words to describe that store, right?!?

Kate Spade

But Kate Spade was such a highlight for me, the store was so decked out in all its colorful amazingness – a little quirky, a little retro, and a lot of style and color! I wanted to buy everything I saw but I only had a pair of sunglasses in my budget so I picked a pretty pair and now I can’t stop wearing them – so comfy and no lines across my nose – yeah! They came in so handy too – we were in New York during the heat wave and it got up to 103 F one day so my little purchase really got me through that crazy weather – and in LA too – I wore them on Hermosa Beach and Santa Monica and felt like a million bucks because well, that’s what a great pair of sunglasses can do for a girl, am I right!?

(images: kate spade)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Karolin July 22, 2010 at 1:45 pm

I really adore Kate Spade, I hate the fact that they do not ship outside of U.S :(

• Reply Sara July 22, 2010 at 1:53 pm

I love Kate Spade too! I just did a couple posts this week about some products and a store installation using stationary. Check them out: http://www.travelsinheels.blogspot.com

• Reply Danielle@Newlyweds Paradise July 22, 2010 at 1:55 pm

She is my one true love…

• Reply Christine July 22, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Oh! I can only imagine the colourful goodness this store would be!!

• Reply Kim - The TomKat Studio July 22, 2010 at 4:38 pm

I LOVE Kate Spade!! I would love to visit the store!

I just got an iPhone yesterday and picked up the cutest KS case for it: http://tinyurl.com/22mws9j

Also, I have two pairs of Kate Spade sunglasses that I love! I saw a pair in a Nordstrom catalog a couple years ago, that had rhinestone circles with a “KS” in an adorable flirty font on the sides. Since my intials are also “KS”, I had to splurge on them! I wear them all of the time and they are excellent quality! Here’s a photo: http://tinyurl.com/2f25zua

Enjoy yours, Holly! Let’s see a picture of you in them!

• Reply Decor Girl July 22, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Kate Spade deserves a big thank you for bringing back color to the masses. The products are pretty awesome. Love the stationery, bags and dishware. Don’t you just love the new clothing from this season. The colors are sooooo fabulous!

You are right, ABC carpet is a fun store too. Sounds like you had a good time!

• Reply Holyoke Home July 22, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Nope. There are no words to describe that place.

No words at all.

• Reply Lindas July 22, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Love Kate Spade! No shipping here is sad! Found a store while on holiday in Japan & the gorgeous staff gave my daughter a bright pink paper pinwheel to play with as a gift. So sweet!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente July 22, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Ooh! So glad you got to visit ABC carpet…one of my all time fave shops in NYC( not that I can afford it :) It is very inspiring isn’t it? :)

• Reply Will July 23, 2010 at 1:56 am

Holly, I totally adore Kate Spade’s store!

• Reply AnnOnandOn July 23, 2010 at 6:33 am

I’m pretty sure I should be working for Kate Spade. I could make her millions with my enthusiasm. I’m sporting the best purse of hers right now.
    Sounds like a fabu trip! What sunglasses did you get?

• Reply decor8 July 23, 2010 at 11:47 am

AnnOnandOn: I don’t know what they are called – they are black with cream sides – they were a floor model so perhaps they are gone for good, though I paid full price
      for the floor model so perhaps not…

• Reply Holly July 23, 2010 at 9:11 am

I love Kate Spade! Thanks for sharing these pics….they are so bright and colorful!

• Reply KG @ KG Style July 23, 2010 at 9:25 am

If ABC HOME wasn’t so expensive, I’d be in there every other week just buying things that my clients would end up seeing and loving! I do love how much fun their items are.

Kate Spade: I have so many things from her, ipod cases, eyeglass holder, pencil case. Her stuff is just so lively and colorful. It makes me want to be a kid again.

• Reply Cheryl Elsbree Interior Design July 23, 2010 at 9:37 am

I love New York! My daughter lives there and we love going to ABC Home and Carpet! Just walking the streets, sooo inspirational! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Ijeoma July 23, 2010 at 10:02 am

Indeed you are, never underestimate the power of a great pair of sunnies! Have a great weekend dear. Cheers.