Hello Friends, it is Leslie again filling in for Holly while she is getting settled back at home after her trip to the US (she will be back with you on a regular schedule tomorrow). But first, I put together a few of my favorite photographs by the incredible Heidi Lerkenfeldt to inspire you today. I was reminded of how beautiful her work is from a recent UK Elle Décor magazine. You can view more of Heidi’s work on her site Lerkenfeldt Photography. Have you heard of her before?
There are some nice ideas for summer decorating in these images. The blooms in that interesting striped bowl are a pretty idea for a low table arrangement. The pale colored wood boards with tones of light citrus, barely there pink and powder blue could be potential paint chips for an interior project.
I have yet to get into edible flowers, but those dainty sandwiches look amazing! The touches of pink, lavender and lemon yellow in these rooms look really fresh and elegant without being too girly.
I like the use of the same chair in different colors around the dining table don’t you? I think summer is here for some of us with perfectly painted toenails, fancy sandals, embroidered tunics, white sofas and rooms washed with light…a girl is allowed to dream right? – Leslie.
(images: heidi lerkenfeldt)
Hello Friends, it is Leslie here with another collection of Etsy finds for you. The picks are quite summery because it’s warming up here in Los Angeles and it is hard for me to think about anything else. I hope you enjoy browsing through these wonderful shops.
1. Mincing Mockingbird 5×7 Print. This shop has an incredible collection of fine art prints and cards. I especially love this little 5 by 7 print that I purchased.
2. Gallant and Jones Caligata Garden Deckchair. Beautifully handmade chairs and stools finished in all sorts of fabrics.
3. OliveManna Hand-Dyed Jute Twine. A few items are featured from this store today and I could really do an entire post on this store as it is a dreamy place for me!
4. OliveManna Hand-Dyed Twill Tape Fabric Ribbon. Gorgeous ribbons and the product shot is perfect!
5. The Wild Plum Japanese Wood Serving Bowls. These bowls are elegant and and would look beautiful on an open shelf in the kitchen.
6. Atelier Pompadour Paper Globe Ornament. I could imagine these hanging in a child’s room instead of a mobile or possible off some branches in a vase. 7. Prince Design bird bowl. This shop has such pretty patterns and sweet pieces like this can really brighten up any tiny corner of your home. 8. This and That From Japan elephants fabric in green. A fun fabric I have in my collection. 9. Leah Giberson Caravan Series. I really enjoyed browsing through Leah’s stunning artwork. 10. Jill Bent Grain Sack Pillow. These pillows are casual and sophisticated!
11. Peeko Apparel Canvas Tote. It seems we cannot get enough of stripes this summer and this bag looks really functional and well made of reclaimed cotton fabric. 12. Fishbone Deco Retro Fan. It is a feat when you can find a fan that looks this good. 13. OliveManna Jute Twine. More twine for a summer project. 14. Spinthread Cubic Bracelet. I just love this bracelet and am having to really hold myself back from buying it right now! 15. Extraseed Eco Friendly Leather Flat. There are many pretty flats to check out in this shop.
Thank you for joining me for another edition of Etsy Take Five and I will see you back here in a moment with another post to inspire you — Holly is back in Germany now and will be with you again tomorrow. – Leslie.
(images linked to their sources above)
Hello Friends, it is Leslie here with eight summery DIY ideas I found. Even if it is winter where you are I hope you find some of these ideas inspiring.
1. Lots of quick and easy ideas for cleaning up your home’s entryway can be found at Real Simple like this one or this one. I love the painted on floor mat in this front hall!
2. Check out the directions on how to use colorful dyes to brighten up any basic canvas shoe on Martha Stewart Living.
3. Benita of Chez Larsson shares her fabulous organization tips for her home office here and here.
4. Benita also explains about how she organizes her photographs in this post. There are lots of really good home improvement projects and ideas that Benita shares at Chez Larsson, I am sure you will enjoy reading more once you visit her!
5. Even though it is Winter in Australia, Donna Hay still has some beautiful summer entertaining recipes and ideas here.
6. I think poufs are everywhere because they are an easy way to add color or update a sitting area. Here is a pattern to make your own by Amy Butler. You can find more information about the pattern and how much fabric you will need on Amy’s gorgeous site right here.
7. Isn’t this DIY chevron rug project amazing? Please visit the Little Green Notebook Blog by Pearl Street Interiors to read about how to make an inexpensive Ikea rug not something fabulous all by yourself.
8. I had to end with this delicious looking cherry crumble cake as it would be perfect for a picnic or with tea while doing a little reading. Mowie of Mowielicious is always whipping up something incredible and I am sure you will enjoy checking out his beautiful blog.
I hope you have found a project or two that may spark your creative energy this week. I will see you back here soon, until then take care and thank you. — Leslie.
P.S. Holly and I spent the day together, she says hello to all of you! xo
Hello Friends, it is Leslie here with another Etsy Take Five Tuesday or rather “Take Fifteen”. I hope you enjoy visiting these artists’ shops as much as I did. Even though I am showing lots of turquoise and golden yellow there are many colorful pieces to be found in each fabulous shop. Are you ready? Let’s get started!
This beautiful 8×8 Fine Art Photograph by Jessica of Sweet Eventide could brighten up any room in your home. 2. A fresh ironing board cover by City Chic Country Mouse could really help motivate me to iron or at the very least make my laundry room look a whole lot prettier! 3. I just love the pattern on this mouse pad by shim and sons. Check out their shop for other great patterns. 4. The Citrus Ruffles necklace designed by Danni of oh hello friend could be a lovely birthday present for someone special.
5. I love the “Its whats inside that counts” handprinted screenprint handprinted by Hazel Nicholls of Reapwhatisew. 6. The Blue Dream Charm Necklace by Tamar of Nest Pretty Things is sweet, romantic and just perfect for summer. 7. Thet “love birds” design card by truth.be.told out of Australia would look good framed! 8. I am a huge fan of this illustration titled,“Penny Peacock” — actually I love all of Merilee’s work, the artist behind Tuesday Mourning. 9. A fun print on a piece of fabric for sale at Pink Polka Dot Studio.
10.The Marilyn Necklace is another oh so pretty piece by Tamar of Nest Pretty Things. 11. “Ellen” print by Tuesday Morning again -amazing! 12. “When Will It Stop” by Laura Amiss, the doily clouds are perfect, this piece would be awesome in my niece’s room. 13. I really like this Goldenrod retro tea set at Gathering Vintage because I could use the cream and sugar pieces on their own and then all the pieces would make great holders for flowers, anyways, check out their great shop for more sets. 14. Trays like this hand painted metal one from Modish Vintage are really functional as you can use them, hang them on the wall as art or gift them. 15. This ginko pattern fabric comes in many colors and I think you will enjoy seeing all the fabrics featured in Frumafar as it is a visual treat.
Tomorrow I’m hanging out with Holly for the day while she is in L.A. but I’ll be posting again so stay tuned!!!
(images: linked to their sources above)
Hey it’s the weekend! How did that happen? This week flew by and I’m heading out of New York soon to Los Angeles so I want to wish you a very happy weekend and on Monday I’ll be checking in but also posting a lovely home tour and sharing some more highlights and such. I want to wish you a wonderful weekend, I have to work but I’m trying to fit some shopping in later today because there are so many stores I want to see before leaving…
I realllly miss blogging daily but Leslie has been doing a great job and next week I’ll be hanging out with her in L.A. so that will be nice to finally meet her in person. :) Yay! Last night I met up with some blogger friends and it was sooo nice to bring the virtual to the reality. One thing I’ve loved about all of this traveling = THE PEOPLE! Outside of New York cab drivers, people here are so friendly and welcoming despite how massive this city is and the crazy hectic pace. I can’t wait to go to California to compare the lifestyle out there — I’ve not been to L.A. in five years and all I dream about is sitting by the sea enjoying fish tacos and sunshine with new friends by my side there. For all of those whom I’ve met while here in New York, thank you so much for the warm reception and fun times — it has been such a pleasure to meet you.
Well, it’s a wrap! I’ll see you on Monday and have a wonderful weekend! xo
(image: leslie shewring)