DIY Paper Lanterns

Are you ready for a little DIY action this week? Tina Fussell (aka Traveling Mama) told me about a video tutorial that she shot in her home recently showing how to make these sweet lanterns over this bed below with paper and string. You can easily make these babies on a budget and they are pretty for indoors or out – they’d be so sweet on a porch for a fun party!

To view Tina’s quick and easy how-to video, click here. The one that she makes in the video reminds me of a watermelon which makes me want to have a BBQ and decorate with only green and pinky red lanterns! Thank you Tina for the great DIY!

(image: tina fussell)

Posted by decor8 in diy on August 02, 2010

1. mnemonique commented
    August 2nd, 2010 at 2:27pm

they are truely beautiful!
    mnemonique´s last blog post ..Ozdoby cukiernicze – Pastry decorations

2. Jenn commented
    August 2nd, 2010 at 2:55pm

Oh how sweet! This is definitely something I can make! Thanks for sharing.

3. Torrie @ a place to share... commented
    August 2nd, 2010 at 3:57pm

I am so happy that I recently ‘discovered’ Tina and her beautiful blog- in your comments section a few weeks back. I saw this post last week and let her know that I will definitely be completing this lovely DIY project in the very near future!
    Torrie @ a place to share…´s last blog post ..Honey-cherry yogurt popsicles

4. Gina D commented
    August 2nd, 2010 at 5:03pm

I love these cute little lanterns! I want to make one to hang over my bed. Thank you for sharing! :D

5. Sandy commented
    August 2nd, 2010 at 10:30pm

Love the idea of lanterns over the bed (although my cats may try to rip them down). I really love that quilt in the photo too.

sandy
    Sandy´s last blog post ..A Few Words

6. La Boheme commented
    August 2nd, 2010 at 10:30pm

Aaaah what a cute idea! Yes I can see how great these would be for a summer bbq! xoxo
    La Boheme´s last blog post ..Designer I Like – Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz

7. jacqueline commented
    August 2nd, 2010 at 10:50pm

These are perfectly cute!! I am a fan of tina’s work and blog. So happy to see her here! Really excited. Have a lovely merry happy week and love to yoU!
    jacqueline´s last blog post ..Cuteness does the trick

8. Jess commented
    August 2nd, 2010 at 10:59pm

What a cute idea – it really suits this sweet girls room.
    Jess´s last blog post ..Delicious!

9. Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas commented
    August 3rd, 2010 at 1:08am

Those are so whimsical and sweet.

They look lovely in this child’s bedroom, but I would find great joy from them above my own bed!

10. lit commented
    August 3rd, 2010 at 6:19am

DIY tutorials are always welcome :)
    And these paper lanterns are fun and cute!
    lit´s last blog post ..sweet

11. laura trevey commented
    August 3rd, 2010 at 7:53am

These would be easy and fun for a party!!
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Beautiful Home Living- More Chandeliers

12. European Chic commented
    August 3rd, 2010 at 11:29am

The paper lanterns are cute. I remember making them in school.
    European Chic´s last blog post ..Dog &amp Design

13. Ashley H commented
    August 3rd, 2010 at 4:43pm

how adorable!!! im expecting and these may just show up in the nursery :)

14. Traveling Mama commented
    August 4th, 2010 at 8:19am

Thank you so much, Holly. I really am honored!
    Traveling Mama´s last blog post ..if I were queen…