Rooms

Pretty Meal Planner

August 2, 2010

This is a great freebie item to begin a new week because it is pretty and can potentially keep you healthy! I came across this lovely meal planner created by graphic designer Alma over at Ollibird and have to share it because I think lots of us working peeps (especially those with offices at home) can get into some major food ruts!

Pretty Meal Planner

Eating the same things, grabbing whatever is there, eating too much of one food group, snacking too frequently, nervous eating… I could go on and on. And while this meal planner won’t give you self control to step away from the Häagen Dazs (LOL) at least with something like this you can plan nutritious meals for the week and post it proudly on the fridge because it’s just soooo pretty. Win win.

I like the idea to laminate it and reuse it over and over again… To download a full size of the image above, click here for further instructions.

Via: Birch & Lily

20 Comments

• Reply Holly of So Chic Decor August 2, 2010 at 1:24 pm

What a neat idea! I love it!

• Reply Ses August 2, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Gorgeous!! Laminating it is a great idea. A new addition to my kitchen I think!

• Reply pilli pilli August 2, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Oh these are pretty!
    And a very good idea indeed…
    *hearts*
    pilli pilli

• Reply Kristi August 2, 2010 at 1:51 pm

This is so wonderful and pretty too! I need to stay on top of a meal plan…my family eats better when I do. Thanks Holly!

• Reply Ashley @ Indie Pretty Projects August 2, 2010 at 2:23 pm

That is so cute! I love how it’s pretty enough to be put up on the fridge.

• Reply kate August 2, 2010 at 2:33 pm

So adorable! Hubs and I use a meal planner (well, sometimes we use it) and this one definitely is catching my eye!

*kate

• Reply Torrie @ a place to share... August 2, 2010 at 4:16 pm

I love this… and words cannot fully express just how much our entire family (including- well, especially- myself!) benefits from weekly meal planning.

• Reply Laura August 2, 2010 at 6:11 pm

I’m a big fan of meal planning, it’s a great money saving strategy, really. For me it was a bit difficult in the beginning but I got used to it and now I hate not having my meals planned. And it also encourages trying new recipes!

• Reply Melissa Buchanan August 2, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Fab! I am absolutely guilty of having the same meals on the same nights (almost) every week. Hopefully (!) this will help!
    x

• Reply Jess August 2, 2010 at 11:03 pm

What a good looking meal planner. I have been a big fan of planning the meals for the week ahead but I just write it in my diary. This is wonderful and would save the family from having to ask me whats for dinner! I’m off to print it and laminate.

• Reply Cecilie August 3, 2010 at 2:56 am

Love the idea – and I might just have to get one for our kitchen.

• Reply Meera@firstsense August 3, 2010 at 3:55 am

What a great idea, love it!! I will definitely be using this :o)

• Reply Diana August 3, 2010 at 8:03 am

This is lovely. I do hate planning meals (I like to let the inspiration strike when it may) but this would make it much more bearable. I was just reading an article about food getting wasted and how so much spoilage could be prevented if we only bought what we knew we would use that week.

• Reply Fe Handmade August 3, 2010 at 9:50 am

I absolutely love this! I’m obsessed with planning my household meals :) It is super fun, especially since we are part of a CSA this year – http://earthenharvest.com – lots of fresh veggies delivered directly to our door every week!

xo
    Christine :)

• Reply shellie August 3, 2010 at 10:39 am

this will look great in my kitchen and what a great idea…thanks!

• Reply Will August 4, 2010 at 1:59 pm

What a really good way of planning ahead for your meals, I think most of us
    could do with staying away from the Häagen Dazs!

• Reply Glenda August 5, 2010 at 1:43 am

Why not make menu planning more fun ~ very creative idea.

Fondly,
    Glenda

• Reply mikhol August 5, 2010 at 2:59 pm

I adore this! Now anyone have tips on a cute monthly calendar? I need something that i will proud to display. Please HELP!!

• Reply Leigha August 11, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Most practical download ever. I love it. It will look much better than my tattered notebook paper. And your idea to laminate it is genious.
    Happy Wednesday!

• Reply Amie September 10, 2010 at 12:47 am

I did exactly as you suggested a few weeks ago, and I have to say that it has been great to have such a pretty planner on my fridge!

My family no longer asks me “What’s for dinner?”. It was changed this part of my day for the best!