Events + Markets

Register For Blogging Your Way!

August 9, 2010

It’s time to enroll in the Blogging Your Way e-course that will return next month for a 4 week session with me and a lovely co-teacher Leslie Shewring! This is the first blogging e-course ever launched online (I rolled it out in March 2009) so I’m proud of the connections I’ve made and the wonderful information that I share with all of you along with the helpful tools and ideas that Leslie will provide.

Register For Blogging Your Way!

This course will teach you how to write from the heart, style interiors (I’ll share some ideas I learned on the road while working on my book) and Leslie will show you some favorite things to arrange and photograph for your blog to give it more personality. It will also cover photography and share tips and tricks, teach you how to set up an inexpensive home photo studio, flower arranging ideas, organizing your work area so you can be more creative, and so much more — like how to connect with your blog readers, using social media to network, how to earn extra income through blogging and how to edit images and add text and borders to them to make your blog more beautiful and interesting. When it comes to blogging, presentation is key to creating a blog that reflects your style so why not present your home and the things in it in the most authentic and personal way to your readers? This course will help you to learn how to do that. And so much more! Other topics include: Handling negativity online, how to overcome writer’s block, dealing with fear, taking risks…. lots of topics to use and enjoy.

We’ll have a lot to cover in 4 weeks but I’ll leave the class open at the end for an additional 4 weeks so that you can catch up if you need to. The forum will remain open during those additional 4 weeks so that you can network with fellow students. I will post a podcast weekly for 8 weeks, the final 4 weeks you will be invited to a special section in the forum where you can discuss the topic with other students.

This is a self-paced, password only e-course so only students can access all course materials, website and forum. We will not have group homework assignments in this class but will have weekly homework that you can do if you’d like — these exercises are meant to help you get the most out of this class but they are not difficult assignments — they are fun! Promise!

After class, you will be invited to join a private BYW email group that currently has students from past BYW courses so you can continue to connect there with fellow classmates from this course and also to meet and greet others who have taken BYW before you. The group is very active and fun to be a part of, so I’m sure that you will enjoy it!

Enrollment begins today and the course will cost $119 USD which gives you access to me daily, Leslie on Friday, a dedicated tech support person, all materials, weekly podcasts (over 10 total), a private forum for students only, and extra forum time to discuss additional podcasts, oh yes… and enrollment on the alum email list. If you have taken this class before you are welcome to enroll as we have lots of fresh material to share.

Date: September 3 (on the 3rd you will only receive materials to get you started, class officially kicks off after Labor Day weekend on Tuesday, September 7) and runs until October 4, 2010 with class/forum time extending until November 1, 2010.

Complete course outline here.

Leslie and I cannot wait to welcome you to our next class – you can SIGN UP HERE until the class is full and then registration will close.

(images: Leslie Shewring)

43 Comments

• Reply joanna August 9, 2010 at 12:12 pm

such a good e-course! i loved it. wish i could take it again.

• Reply Karine August 9, 2010 at 12:44 pm

This is a great course. I have taken the fist edition of BYW and I am taking it again to give me a little kick and to enjoy the new features of the course. I really encourage blkoggers to take this course (and, in case you wonder, Holly is not paying me to say so – It is what I think!)

• Reply netcat August 9, 2010 at 12:52 pm

I have a couple blogs that have not been updated for quite a time, for reasons which, I am sure, could be overcome after having taken this course. Also, they’re not in English. Would I qualify?

• Reply Nic @ Yardage Design August 9, 2010 at 1:32 pm

I cannot recommend this course highly enough – it was amazing, as are Holly and Leslie (obviously!). Good luck everyone!

• Reply Samantha August 9, 2010 at 2:14 pm

I’m so excited, I am all signed up for, and paid (missed it last time) can’t wait to get started! Thank you so much for this course :)

• Reply Lindsay Széchenyi August 9, 2010 at 2:31 pm

So excited for this. Thanks, Holly!

• Reply City Chic - Jamie August 9, 2010 at 3:01 pm

I just registered! So excited to take the course after taking the first one, it was so inspiring!

• Reply Linda from Heartfire At Home August 9, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Signed up and can’t wait to get started! Woohoo!

Linda. :)

• Reply Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. August 9, 2010 at 3:36 pm

I’m all signed up and I can’t wait! Thanks for offering it!

XO
    Lenore

• Reply NIcole smith August 9, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I’m really looking forward to this! I took the last one as well- it was such a wealth of information! It’s a great class.

• Reply Sharon August 9, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I just signed up. Can’t wait!!

• Reply Elena @ Breakfast for Dinner August 9, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Great class! Side note: I MUST get a copy of that peony photo in the bottom right of your flower collage. So gorgeous and soothing! Info? Thanks!!

• Reply handmadeflowers August 9, 2010 at 4:20 pm

What a lovely thing to do. That really is a good price for 4 weeks. Thank so much.

• Reply Janine August 9, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Reading about the new BYW course brings back such fond, warm memories!! I wish that I could join in again Holly, but I’m traveling in Italy for most of that period… damn, maybe I can do both?
    For anyone else who might be interested though – I HIGHLY recommend it! Holly and Leslie are brilliant teachers, with oodles of quality information + wisdom to share! Trust me, you’ll never regret it :)

• Reply Jane @ The Borrowed Abode August 9, 2010 at 5:26 pm

I just signed up and can NOT wait!!

• Reply just a girl August 9, 2010 at 7:23 pm

I already signed up and I am so excited! Thanks for the opportunity and I can’t wait!

xo
    Laura

• Reply decor8 August 9, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Oh this warms my heart, I love seeing these positive reviews and responses – thank you so much.

• Reply Kim August 9, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Yay! I was so excited to see this offered again. I can’t wait to get started!

• Reply Liz August 9, 2010 at 7:39 pm

this sounds amazing! i have a new blog and it sounds like this is just the thing i need to jumpstart it.

thank you for offering this!

• Reply Kristin Love August 9, 2010 at 8:12 pm

this sounds amazing, cant wait!

• Reply Starlet August 9, 2010 at 9:00 pm

YAY!! I’m so IN…thanks for offering the class again!

• Reply frauheuberg August 10, 2010 at 3:07 am

oh, you speak from my heart, janine…here is a fellow BYWstudent, too…hej, holly…this first BYWcourse at the beginning of this year was a wonderful and amazing experience…unfortunately i haven´t time to join the second, too…but please go for this…it will be change your life in an incredible way…sure…holly and leslie are so wonderful teachers and “friends” of a “journey to yourself”…really, really big adventure…so be sure you will have one of the best time in your life…cheers and hugs to my incredible teachers…;)…i…

• Reply nattie August 10, 2010 at 3:39 am

awww.. l love this course! if only I can join this time! but i’ll be definitely next time! thanks holly for having this class, totally helpful for bloggers around the world! ;)

• Reply Mari Robeson August 10, 2010 at 5:26 am

Really looking forward to it! Thanks!

• Reply flowing moments August 10, 2010 at 9:29 am

For whomever is considering taking the course, I wish you to have a fabulous time … I loved it :)

• Reply christine August 10, 2010 at 9:58 am

so excited!!! paid & ready for new learning!
    nice to see so many positive comments from previous students.

I’m wrapping up a three week “holiday” in London – have been blogging each day… so much fun…

you can check my blog at: silverlinings4me.blogspot.com/

• Reply Jess August 10, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Always great to have feedback and rave reviews from past participants. Sounds like it will be a wonderful experience. Going to finish this and enroll!

• Reply Sylvia August 10, 2010 at 6:21 pm

Oh! I hope this comes up again soon; I’m traveling through most of September… and hopefully blogging when I can snag wifi access!

• Reply etincellestudio August 11, 2010 at 9:15 am

Oh, I had promised myself to join this e-course… and so I just did! I am quite excited to be honest :)

• Reply Luisina August 11, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Hi! I’m register too :) So happy for this!
    blog: http://www.deamorydecasualidad.com

my blog is in spanish…is ok?

• Reply Claire from littletweetheart August 12, 2010 at 6:03 am

Eeeeek! I just signed up. This sounds fabulous, just the sort of help I need. Really looking forward to it!!

• Reply Kylie Loy August 12, 2010 at 6:45 am

I am so excited I just signed up. With such positive feedback from everyone I can’t wait.

• Reply Nicole @ Chic and Cheap Nursery August 12, 2010 at 7:52 am

So excited that this course is being offered again. I just enrolled. Yay!

• Reply Leigha August 13, 2010 at 2:38 am

Well, to be honest, I was on the fence – but look at those glowing reviews. I’m in! All signed up and ready to go!

• Reply Yoli August 17, 2010 at 8:55 am

I so wish I could take it. I have admire your blog for so long.

• Reply Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY August 17, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Sounds great. I love the photo mosaic you created to use for the promo.

• Reply Renee August 18, 2010 at 3:31 am

This course is fantastic! If you are on the fence, jump off and sign up – I promise you will love every moment!

• Reply Jenious August 18, 2010 at 2:44 pm

I’d love to take this course. I am wondering, however, if the topics are applicable to a food blog or are they more design-focused? Thanks :)

• Reply decor8 August 18, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Jenious – Yes a food blogger could definitely benefit! We have all sorts of bloggers take this class, not just decorating/design peeps but also mommy bloggers, tech bloggers, scrapbook/crafty/artsy bloggers, personal coach bloggers, corporate bloggers, you name it!!

• Reply Jenious August 20, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Sounds great! I look forward to this class and meeting fellow bloggers from all over the blogosphere.

• Reply beth August 24, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Just signed up. So excited to learn from Holly and Leslie, and to get to know you all and your lovely (soon to be even lovelier!) blogs
    Beth

• Reply anny August 30, 2010 at 6:22 pm

So excited that this course is being offered again. I just enrolled. Yay!
    Nicole @ Chic and Cheap Nursery´s last blog

• Reply melinzero March 10, 2011 at 9:19 am

the beautiful picture just make you in the relax.