Shop Tours

August 10, 2010

I was shopping at Anthropologie on Regent Street in London recently and saw so many gorgeous displays of everyday things that I left feeling so inspired by them all. I wasn’t able to photograph the store as I was with a friend and didn’t want to spend the time shooting it while she stood there waiting — so when my Australian bloggy friend and pro photographer Jillian Leiboff asked if I could share her impressions of the same store on decor8 I said, yes, yes, YES! I know this space has been shown on a billion blogs, but since the installations and window displays are forever changing, I never tire of seeing what the creative team at Regent Street is up to!

Anthropologie Regent Street, London

So here are Jillian’s beautiful photographs of Anthropologie in London. If you are ever in London, definitely go to this location — it’s 3 floors of loveliness and the “living wall” is a gorgeous focal point with fresh greens everywhere.

Anthropologie Regent Street, London

See anything that you like? I really enjoy the displays most of all… especially the Styrofoam cups and silverware on the ceiling — love!

Psst: If you find yourself in London soon, here is a quick shopping/eating guide that I made for you based on my most recent visit. I hope that you enjoy it. It’s brief, but it highlights some of my favorite stops.

(images: jillian leiboff)

27 Comments

• Reply Sherry Smyth August 10, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Any trip to Anthropolgie (in person or virtually) is a visual feast for the senses!

• Reply Juana @ SweetVisualAids August 10, 2010 at 2:24 pm

its is a super lovely store worth to visit! :)

• Reply Holly of So Chic Decor August 10, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Love all that silverware hanging from the ceiling!

• Reply sarah August 10, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Simply stunning … but not simple at all, really. Layered and lovely and rich. Oh, how I love Anthropologie! Beautiful shots.

<3 Sarah

• Reply Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas August 10, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Basically everything in Anthropologie is lovely and desirable!

I laugh at the photos though because every time I’m in one of their stores, I adore the little white bowel with red swirly design… so even online I get to admire them ; ).

• Reply Shelley August 10, 2010 at 4:47 pm

I heart Anthropologie. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Jess August 10, 2010 at 4:51 pm

I was in the Regent St store 3 weeks ago!!! I love the displays even more than the products. Wish we had Anthropologie in Australia. I have had things shipped here but the postage is very expensive and sizing can be hit and miss!
    I hear that Gap and Zara are coming Down Under so maybe…

• Reply Amanda August 10, 2010 at 6:24 pm

I guess I really had no clue that Anthro was in Europe. It looks like they carry much of the same that they carry in the US as well. What a beautiful store!

• Reply Christine August 10, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Oh, anthropologie, you can really do no wrong. Such eye candy!!

• Reply Elkie August 10, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Anthropologie in London…it can’t get any better! I saw that crazy colorful chandelier on “Man Shops Globe”. Keith Johnson has such an amazing job. Who wouldn’t love to travel the world, shop and dress up Anthro stores. *pardon me while I daydream*

• Reply Gramercy Home August 10, 2010 at 8:41 pm

Thanks for the virtual trip to an inspiring place. I can’t get enough of Man Shops Globe either!

• Reply Ashley August 10, 2010 at 9:02 pm

3 Stories! They need that in Cali.

• Reply Lori Sanders August 10, 2010 at 11:31 pm

I love this store, the clever decorations and the inventory. Went for the first time in Austin, Texas.

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang August 11, 2010 at 7:35 am

Oh, I’m in love. My favorite Anthro is in Scottsdale, AZ at the Kierlands Commons… I could spend hours.

• Reply Annie August 11, 2010 at 2:23 pm

I was in the store last night. I loved so much of their new Autumn stock but think that the pricepoint is just too high – it’s higher than when I shop in the US.
    Given how many great competitors they have on the UK high street it’s unsurprising that the store is always quiet when I go in.
    If anyone is in London do swing by as it’s a visual feast!

• Reply Evie Zaccardelli August 11, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Ooohh if this shop were edible I’d be a glutton!

• Reply Sandy August 11, 2010 at 7:36 pm

I just LOVE Anthro. I was hoping to visit this store when in London, but travel itinerary changed and I had the pleasure of Paris for a few days. Maybe next time. For now I will enjoy the Anthro near me. Not as large, but still wuite enjoyable.

• Reply Harmoni og Kontrast August 11, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Both Merci and Anthropologie, AND Mimou… Wow, what an inspiration boost!!

• Reply natashia August 11, 2010 at 10:46 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE the magpie chandelier!

• Reply Gina August 12, 2010 at 12:00 am

anthro is my fav! that spoon & fork chandelier thingy is so clever:)

• Reply Theresa August 14, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Oh I love it. I spent 6 months in London and sometimes when I felt lonely or homesick I went to Anthropology. It is so inspiring, cozy and just wonderful! I could live there …

• Reply Rebecca August 15, 2010 at 12:44 am

OH I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Thank goodness for the web so those down under and enjoy! Seriously Anthropologie..come to NZ!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply decor8 August 15, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Yes, this place was a great shop to visit –I always go when I’m in London for inspiration — though Liberty is still my favorite department store in London!

• Reply Christina April 25, 2011 at 4:43 am

These photographs made me feel all hop-skip-jump. I’m looking forward to the “3 floors of loveliness” on my next London trip. Thanks for the great blog and pics! :)

• Reply Nicholas J December 17, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Ok my girlfriend and I are dribbling (;-)) over these fantastic offerings….but as a guy I’m wondering when your, obviously, great group of designers are going to realise there are us guys out here who think they can design for men…..where’s the mens goodies!!

Nicholas.

• Reply Hatice January 30, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Anthropologie:) In a rainy day in Frankurt, this post just made my day..So lovely..Thanks everyone who contributes to this beautiful post :)

• Reply Hatice January 30, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I just wonder how the shop owners allow the bloggers to take picture. I fee like they will not care about me or my blog and dont let me to take pictures :( I have been to Urban Outfitters in Frankfurt lately and shy enough to ask for taking the picture of their wonderful shop :( Is is just me or ?