Shopgirl Visits: Anthropologie Regent Street, London

I was shopping at Anthropologie on Regent Street in London recently and saw so many gorgeous displays of everyday things that I left feeling so inspired by them all. I wasn’t able to photograph the store as I was with a friend and didn’t want to spend the time shooting it while she stood there waiting — so when my Australian bloggy friend and pro photographer Jillian Leiboff asked if I could share her impressions of the same store on decor8 I said, yes, yes, YES! I know this space has been shown on a billion blogs, but since the installations and window displays are forever changing, I never tire of seeing what the creative team at Regent Street is up to!

Anthropologie Regent Street

So here are Jillian’s beautiful photographs of Anthropologie in London. If you are ever in London, definitely go to this location — it’s 3 floors of loveliness and the “living wall” is a gorgeous focal point with fresh greens everywhere.

Anthropologie Regent Street

See anything that you like? I really enjoy the displays most of all… especially the Styrofoam cups and silverware on the ceiling — love!

Psst: If you find yourself in London soon, here is a quick shopping/eating guide that I made for you based on my most recent visit. I hope that you enjoy it. It’s brief, but it highlights some of my favorite stops.

(images: jillian leiboff)

Posted by decor8 in Shopgirl Visits on August 10, 2010

1. Sherry Smyth commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 2:19pm

Any trip to Anthropolgie (in person or virtually) is a visual feast for the senses!
    Sherry Smyth´s last blog post ..A Miraculous Milestone

2. Juana @ SweetVisualAids commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 2:24pm

its is a super lovely store worth to visit! :)
    Juana @ SweetVisualAids´s last blog post ..Edinburgh- Road Trip

3. Holly of So Chic Decor commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 3:21pm

Love all that silverware hanging from the ceiling!
    Holly of So Chic Decor´s last blog post ..Friday Photography – Ivy Style

4. sarah commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 3:37pm

Simply stunning … but not simple at all, really. Layered and lovely and rich. Oh, how I love Anthropologie! Beautiful shots.

<3 Sarah

5. Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 4:13pm

Basically everything in Anthropologie is lovely and desirable!

I laugh at the photos though because every time I’m in one of their stores, I adore the little white bowel with red swirly design… so even online I get to admire them ; ).
    Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas´s last blog post ..Lovely Las Vegas- Happy New Week!

6. Shelley commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 4:47pm

I heart Anthropologie. Thanks for sharing!

7. Jess commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 4:51pm

I was in the Regent St store 3 weeks ago!!! I love the displays even more than the products. Wish we had Anthropologie in Australia. I have had things shipped here but the postage is very expensive and sizing can be hit and miss!
    I hear that Gap and Zara are coming Down Under so maybe…
    Jess´s last blog post ..London

8. Amanda commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 6:24pm

I guess I really had no clue that Anthro was in Europe. It looks like they carry much of the same that they carry in the US as well. What a beautiful store!
    Amanda´s last blog post ..Vegas Fun

9. Christine commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 6:28pm

Oh, anthropologie, you can really do no wrong. Such eye candy!!
    Christine´s last blog post ..remembering the good stuff

10. Elkie commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 7:04pm

Anthropologie in London…it can’t get any better! I saw that crazy colorful chandelier on “Man Shops Globe”. Keith Johnson has such an amazing job. Who wouldn’t love to travel the world, shop and dress up Anthro stores. *pardon me while I daydream*
    Elkie´s last blog post ..Win a Sweet Tote Bag full of Beauty Products!

11. Gramercy Home commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 8:41pm

Thanks for the virtual trip to an inspiring place. I can’t get enough of Man Shops Globe either!
    Gramercy Home´s last blog post ..Between the Sheets with Style Chronicle

12. Ashley commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 9:02pm

3 Stories! They need that in Cali.

13. Lori Sanders commented
    August 10th, 2010 at 11:31pm

I love this store, the clever decorations and the inventory. Went for the first time in Austin, Texas.

14. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 7:35am

Oh, I’m in love. My favorite Anthro is in Scottsdale, AZ at the Kierlands Commons… I could spend hours.
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Clares Day

15. Annie commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 2:23pm

I was in the store last night. I loved so much of their new Autumn stock but think that the pricepoint is just too high – it’s higher than when I shop in the US.
    Given how many great competitors they have on the UK high street it’s unsurprising that the store is always quiet when I go in.
    If anyone is in London do swing by as it’s a visual feast!

16. Evie Zaccardelli commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 5:24pm

Ooohh if this shop were edible I’d be a glutton!
    Evie Zaccardelli´s last blog post ..Apartment Therapy

17. Sandy commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 7:36pm

I just LOVE Anthro. I was hoping to visit this store when in London, but travel itinerary changed and I had the pleasure of Paris for a few days. Maybe next time. For now I will enjoy the Anthro near me. Not as large, but still wuite enjoyable.

18. Harmoni og Kontrast commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 8:43pm

Both Merci and Anthropologie, AND Mimou… Wow, what an inspiration boost!!

19. natashia commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 10:46pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE the magpie chandelier!

20. Gina commented
    August 12th, 2010 at 12:00am

anthro is my fav! that spoon & fork chandelier thingy is so clever:)
    Gina´s last blog post ..closet break in

21. Theresa commented
    August 14th, 2010 at 4:41pm

Oh I love it. I spent 6 months in London and sometimes when I felt lonely or homesick I went to Anthropology. It is so inspiring, cozy and just wonderful! I could live there …
    Theresa´s last blog post ..Travelling preparations

22. Rebecca commented
    August 15th, 2010 at 12:44am

OH I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Thank goodness for the web so those down under and enjoy! Seriously Anthropologie..come to NZ!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rebecca´s last blog post ..Apron Fun

23. decor8 commented
    August 15th, 2010 at 12:06pm

Yes, this place was a great shop to visit –I always go when I’m in London for inspiration — though Liberty is still my favorite department store in London!

24. Christina commented
    April 25th, 2011 at 4:43am

These photographs made me feel all hop-skip-jump. I’m looking forward to the “3 floors of loveliness” on my next London trip. Thanks for the great blog and pics! :)

25. Nicholas J commented
    December 17th, 2011 at 9:48pm

Ok my girlfriend and I are dribbling (;-)) over these fantastic offerings….but as a guy I’m wondering when your, obviously, great group of designers are going to realise there are us guys out here who think they can design for men…..where’s the mens goodies!!

Nicholas.

26. Hatice commented
    January 30th, 2013 at 1:22pm

Anthropologie:) In a rainy day in Frankurt, this post just made my day..So lovely..Thanks everyone who contributes to this beautiful post :)
    Hatice´s last blog post ..Duvar Kagitlari Nasil Uygulanir?

27. Hatice commented
    January 30th, 2013 at 1:25pm

I just wonder how the shop owners allow the bloggers to take picture. I fee like they will not care about me or my blog and dont let me to take pictures :( I have been to Urban Outfitters in Frankfurt lately and shy enough to ask for taking the picture of their wonderful shop :( Is is just me or ?
    Hatice´s last blog post ..Duvar Kagitlari Nasil Uygulanir?