Etsy Faves

Beat Up Creations

August 11, 2010

Interiors need not always be smart + serious to look good. In fact, it’s often the quirky bits that end up making a space. Let’s say you collect plates and up until now, you have grandmother’s china on the wall displayed using wire hangers. Why not quirk it up a bit and add some humor with your friends Yoda and Gizmo? Think I’m crazy, well I am but that’s not the point. This looks rather fun and you know what, it could be quite good in the right space.

Beat Up Creations

Beat Up Creations alters vintage plates to bring some humor into the house. No need to be an unhappy hipster, right? :)

Psst: She accepts custom orders.

Decorate with Gizmo and Yoda you will.

(image: beat up creations)

12 Comments

• Reply LiseVintageLighting August 11, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Love these! It would be SO fun to watch guests do a double take as they passed these cute things!

• Reply Lis August 11, 2010 at 8:02 pm

HaHaHa! That’s so funny! If I were to hang them on the walls, my kids would think I’d lost my last bits of sanity.

XO
    Lis

• Reply Amanda August 11, 2010 at 8:13 pm

I’ve bought a few plates similar to this from TrixieDelicious on Etsy. I have one with a “choice word” right in the middle of my kitchen. It always gets a few laughs!

• Reply laura trevey August 11, 2010 at 8:33 pm

These are fabulous and would make great gifts!!

• Reply Jacquelynn August 11, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Ha! The dork in me LOVES this! I have several nerdy friends that will love this idea!

• Reply Elkie August 11, 2010 at 9:31 pm

These are great! I can think of a few friends that would love one as a gift. Including me!

• Reply simone leblanc August 11, 2010 at 9:56 pm

interesting!

• Reply Sandra Kuwartowski August 11, 2010 at 11:01 pm

I am delighted to see these Beat UP Creations. My husband bought a “R2-D2″ Brooch about 4 weeks ago. It shows lots of sweet forget-me-not flowers and a R2-D2 amongst this harmonic flower bed
    I would love to have this plate with Mr. Spock embellished with pink dog roses…

• Reply sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) August 12, 2010 at 12:55 am

That is awesome!

I just sent it to my sweet hubby — I bet he likes it too! :)

• Reply Amy August 12, 2010 at 9:58 am

Oh wow these made me smile big time!! So glad you posted them. I already showed them to dh and he thinks they’re funny too. I hope to be able to find a fun spot in our home for these!

• Reply Purrfect Kat August 12, 2010 at 10:12 am

awsome!! i love it!!!!

• Reply Shell August 13, 2010 at 11:58 pm

This is so sweet. With all my Star Wars stuff, this is a cute way to show some of it off.