Beat Up Creations

Interiors need not always be smart + serious to look good. In fact, it’s often the quirky bits that end up making a space. Let’s say you collect plates and up until now, you have grandmother’s china on the wall displayed using wire hangers. Why not quirk it up a bit and add some humor with your friends Yoda and Gizmo? Think I’m crazy, well I am but that’s not the point. This looks rather fun and you know what, it could be quite good in the right space.

Beat Up Creations

Beat Up Creations alters vintage plates to bring some humor into the house. No need to be an unhappy hipster, right? :)

Psst: She accepts custom orders.

Decorate with Gizmo and Yoda you will.

(image: beat up creations)

Posted by decor8 in etsy on August 11, 2010

1. LiseVintageLighting commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 7:51pm

Love these! It would be SO fun to watch guests do a double take as they passed these cute things!

2. Lis commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 8:02pm

HaHaHa! That’s so funny! If I were to hang them on the walls, my kids would think I’d lost my last bits of sanity.

XO
    Lis
    Lis´s last blog post ..Dagens kjole og et nærmere eftersyn

3. Amanda commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 8:13pm

I’ve bought a few plates similar to this from TrixieDelicious on Etsy. I have one with a “choice word” right in the middle of my kitchen. It always gets a few laughs!

4. laura trevey commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 8:33pm

These are fabulous and would make great gifts!!
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Bold Vision – Daniella Dress- Design and Decor

5. Jacquelynn commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 8:39pm

Ha! The dork in me LOVES this! I have several nerdy friends that will love this idea!
    Jacquelynn´s last blog post ..12 Pantry Items Every Aspiring Baker Must Have

6. Elkie commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 9:31pm

These are great! I can think of a few friends that would love one as a gift. Including me!
    Elkie´s last blog post ..Win a Sweet Tote Bag full of Beauty Products!

7. simone leblanc commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 9:56pm

interesting!

8. Sandra Kuwartowski commented
    August 11th, 2010 at 11:01pm

I am delighted to see these Beat UP Creations. My husband bought a “R2-D2″ Brooch about 4 weeks ago. It shows lots of sweet forget-me-not flowers and a R2-D2 amongst this harmonic flower bed
    I would love to have this plate with Mr. Spock embellished with pink dog roses…

9. sideoats + scribbles (Lisa) commented
    August 12th, 2010 at 12:55am

That is awesome!

I just sent it to my sweet hubby — I bet he likes it too! :)
    sideoats + scribbles (Lisa)´s last blog post ..CHA- Sassafras retro flowers!

10. Amy commented
    August 12th, 2010 at 9:58am

Oh wow these made me smile big time!! So glad you posted them. I already showed them to dh and he thinks they’re funny too. I hope to be able to find a fun spot in our home for these!
    Amy´s last blog post ..Handmade Finds – Pavel Sidorenko

11. Purrfect Kat commented
    August 12th, 2010 at 10:12am

awsome!! i love it!!!!
    Purrfect Kat´s last blog post ..Amigurumi cutie

12. Shell commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 11:58pm

This is so sweet. With all my Star Wars stuff, this is a cute way to show some of it off.
    Shell´s last blog post ..Lucky Day