Inspiration

Anna Williams Photography

August 12, 2010

I want to immerse myself into something refreshingly beautiful for a moment to ease my mind and comfort the soul. It’s impossible to not feel inspired by the talented Anna Williams so I have selected her portfolio to highlight in order to accomplish my need for visual comfort food. Would you like to join me?Anna Williams Photography

Anna’s photographs magically transport you to sweet spaces where cherished memories are made, where tables runneth over with delicious foods and ease delightful object beckons you to hold it, use it, run your fingers on each creamy smooth surfaces…

Anna Williams Photography

I first discovered Anna in Real Simple but after finding her again online I learned that she is based in Brooklyn and has been shooting commercially for Martha Stewart Living, body + soul, O Magazine, Weddings, Whole Living, Food & Wine, Target, Williams Sonoma and many others for over 10 years, including Real Simple. She has shot 43+ covers — wow!

Anna Williams Photography

Anna Williams Photography
Anna Williams Photography
Anna Williams Photography

Stunning work — Anna is one of the reasons why we keep buying magazines, you can’t tear images from blogs and tack them on your board for inspiration, can you?

I hope that you will visit her website and slip away into her stunning portfolio for additional inspiration today. Perhaps you will come across some familiar images from some of your favorite magazines.

Wasn’t that a luxury, to enjoy her gorgeous photos for a moment?

(images: anna williams)

30 Comments

• Reply Nuit August 12, 2010 at 7:19 pm

OH YES!!! Anna’s work is pure yumminess!

• Reply Priya August 12, 2010 at 7:21 pm

I am a big fan of her photography and yes, these gorgeous pictures are the reasons I love magazines!

• Reply La Belle Vie August 12, 2010 at 7:22 pm

I love the yellow cake! I used that on my blog a while ago. It looks like the Coco Chanel of cakes! These are stunning photos!!

• Reply Torrie @ a place to share... August 12, 2010 at 8:29 pm

I was juuuuust about to ‘sign off’ for the afternoon when I clicked on this post. And I’m so glad I did. Her images are uplifting, warm, inviting, simple, and pleasurable. I will definitely visit her website and save it for moments when I need a little (or a lot of) inspiration.

And I couldn’t agree more regarding the value of a magazine:).

• Reply Cynthia Schelzig....Cynnie August 12, 2010 at 8:32 pm

I just checked out her website…wonderful work…so beautiful….thanks for the tip….

• Reply Laurie August 12, 2010 at 8:49 pm

mmmmm I want to know what is the food in picture 4…is that PB chocolate something? It’s sorta making my mouth water.

side note: I know what you mean about image inspiration and blogs! I’m such an image collector! I used to just put things in a folder on my desktop and take a look every once and awhile. Since I’ve discovered Pinterest: (http://pinterest.com/home/) Seriously it’s so addictive but what I love is that it links to the source so if I want to go back I can find what it was from. You could print pictures out and paste. Lately I’ve been so impulsively perfectionist that I’m liking digital collaging and then printing out. :D

• Reply Linz August 12, 2010 at 8:52 pm

what talent!! i envy!

• Reply cary August 12, 2010 at 9:12 pm

oh! i have always had that picture of the birds on the branches hanging up for inspiration! lovely to see more of her work.

• Reply Connie Singer August 12, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Beautiful photos…remarkable career. I do think credit also goes out to the talented stylists she collaborates with to create those stunning images.

• Reply Val August 12, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Wow, I’m truly inspired! I’ve booked marked her website as a place of inspiration and happiness… but not one to visit if I’m feeling hungry!

• Reply cindy August 12, 2010 at 9:59 pm

j’adore vos image , les couleurs sont magnifique ainsi que la lumière…. bravo pour vôtre blog !!

• Reply josephine August 12, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Her work is incredible, especially the travel photos!

Don’t know if you’ve seen her collaboration with other artists called “The Voractiy.” It’s jaw-dropping how well they managed to execute their vision.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente August 13, 2010 at 1:32 am

Sooo beautiful. These images make me want to dive right in and live there for awhile. It also makes me want to paint everything white and pink :)
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Leigha August 13, 2010 at 1:35 am

Inspiring indeed. I am always perplexed by food that is too visually appealing. I never know if I should just stare and admire or actually consume it. Like that gorgeous yellow cake – how could I ever chew up something so lovely?!?

• Reply Anuja August 13, 2010 at 1:40 am

Just looking at these pictures put me in a better mood at the end of long day :).

• Reply Punctuation Mark August 13, 2010 at 4:09 am

What an incredibly talented woman… you are right, she is the reason why we fall in love with all these design and style magazines

• Reply handmadeflowers August 13, 2010 at 4:23 am

I found myself looking a every single item. Each time I looked I realized I had missed something. Love her eye.

• Reply Lucia August 13, 2010 at 4:30 am

Amazing job, her food photography is supreme. Is she also styling her photos?
    Anyway, thanks for that link, it inspired me so much.

• Reply av August 13, 2010 at 4:48 am

I love the texture here, from the cake to the cupcake cups…the airiness of it all intrigues me!

• Reply Glenda August 13, 2010 at 6:05 am

Indeed a treat for the eyes and the soul. Thanks.

• Reply flowing moments August 13, 2010 at 8:50 am

I am really appreciating her beautiful light and her composition. Not only there is beauty here but one can learn a lot from anna’s photography.

I love photographs of other photograhs (the first one) and I am drawn by the composition and colours of the image with the deserts on the dark pink and orange napkins …

It is all truely delicious !!!

• Reply lucie August 13, 2010 at 10:29 am

these photos are amazing, and there a lot on her website, I love it ! thank you for the discovery

• Reply Catherine August 13, 2010 at 1:10 pm

I love the yellow cake.

• Reply mimi August 13, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Her stuff is AMAZING! I checked out her site and totally fell in love with her A princely feast project, it’s SO dreamy!

• Reply coucoumadame August 13, 2010 at 4:49 pm

this was wonderfully inspiring. thanks so much for posting!

• Reply carolina August 13, 2010 at 7:23 pm

I simply loved it! They are all wonderful.
    Thanks for sharing it!

I will post it on my tumblr, ok?

Your blog is fantastic.

• Reply Leslie August 14, 2010 at 5:23 am

Scrumptious!

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang August 14, 2010 at 6:00 am

Lovely! Absolutely lovely!

• Reply Mariela August 14, 2010 at 8:22 pm

Lovely photos, they are amazing and so beautiful.

• Reply a suburban kitchen March 1, 2012 at 12:17 am

I love Anna Williams photography she is so inspiring.