Fashion + Accessories, Inspiration

Rooms Inspired By Corsages

August 13, 2010

You can be inspired by so many different things from the wings of a bird to a corsage on your blouse! Ban.do is a small business that specializes in creating beautiful corsages and other decorative pieces to embellish your wardrobe — it’s exciting to peruse their website because you can always find something lovely but you also can find inspiration for your next decorating project! How so? Take inspiration from the colors, patterns and textures and translate those things into a room — it’s all about letting your imagination play and giving yourself the freedom to explore something new — who would have thought that a brooch pinned on a vintage dress could inspire a wall of plates? But it can.

Rooms Inspired By Corsages

These images above, paired with the corsages, were not inspired by work of ban.do — though I’ve paired them to appear as such. This is merely an example to support my point so that you get an idea as to exactly how this sort of thing works. Now it’s your turn. Here are some more lovely things from ban.do below. Perhaps you can use them to inspire a room in a your home now, or someday?

Rooms Inspired By Corsages

Rooms Inspired By Corsages
Rooms Inspired By Corsages

And a big P.S. — yes that model with the red hair is the lead singer Alison Sudol from A Fine Frenzy that I wrote about a few years ago after seeing her in concert. She is a doll, isn’t she?

Let your creativity run wild, inspiration is all around you if you pause for a moment to simply see it.

(images: plates: shannon fricke, bed with child: vogue living tear, all others: ban.do)

You Might Also Like

21 Comments

• Reply palefoot August 13, 2010 at 12:51 pm

wow. all the things i love wrapped into one post. corsages, ban.do and old heart new soul. i love head accessories. thanks for posting!!

• Reply palefoot August 13, 2010 at 12:53 pm

• Reply mnemonique August 13, 2010 at 1:52 pm

This girl is so lovely. And these cute attractors make her even more adorable! Have a great weekend!

• Reply laura trevey August 13, 2010 at 2:56 pm

I love the inspiration from corsage to interiors!! These are wonderful!

• Reply Kristan August 13, 2010 at 3:15 pm

I knew she looked familiar! Not only is she gorgeous and striking, but her music is excellent.

• Reply jeska August 13, 2010 at 3:21 pm

lovely headbands and oh the most beautiful hair ever.

• Reply Post-College Working Girl August 13, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Ah I love Alison…I was about to ask if you hadn’t said it was her…just watched the “almost lovers” video again last night!

• Reply La Belle Vie August 13, 2010 at 4:45 pm

I love them! I have a huge love of wrist corsages myself. ; )

• Reply handmadeflowers August 13, 2010 at 5:15 pm

You are my daily dose of inspirations every morning, love the look. thanks so much.

• Reply Christine August 13, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Great post! I love the creativity mashup!! So pretty :)

Happy Weekend!!

• Reply Cynthia Schelzig....Cynnie August 13, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Wow,,,I think we all need that red hair:) and what lovely pretties for the clothing and hair…thanks for the tips!

• Reply Jaime August 13, 2010 at 9:16 pm

This is such a cute post! Ban do has such pretty pieces :)

• Reply Torrie @ a place to share... August 13, 2010 at 9:50 pm

I love these types of accessories, because they really MAKE an outfit- especially one that would otherwise be very simple.

thanks for sharing… and happy weekend:).

• Reply hena tayeb August 13, 2010 at 10:02 pm

the headpieces are gorgeous.. i want one now!

• Reply jennifer ramos August 13, 2010 at 11:02 pm

Ohhh those are NICE!!! :)))))

• Reply Lorajean August 14, 2010 at 9:21 am

I love being inspired by random things like this! I have been watching Design Star on HGTV & it always makes me look at what inspires me and how I can be inspired by something I never normally would be inspired by. I wish some one would hand me some money and say “Lorajean, design a room inspired by that teal sequin bow tie!” Or maybe they would say design a room by only shopping at the office supply store or something! :) that would be so neat! Thanks for all the inspiring posts!

• Reply Desha August 14, 2010 at 3:45 pm

I vote for Let Them Eat Cake. Oh, how wonderful to wear this in my hair!!! Want it!!!

• Reply Kat August 14, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Totally love this post Holly!
    It’s so true that fashion can inspire interiors.
    I was looking at the models hair thinking of it as so like the girl from A fine frenzy (who’s cd I bought after readin your post on her all that time ago!) and then low and behold you mention that it is Alison!
    Gorgeous,and so is Bando of course.
    Kat x

• Reply decor8 August 15, 2010 at 12:07 pm

I’m so happy that everyone seemed to enjoy this post and I hope it gave you a little creative spark!

• Reply ban.do kelly August 20, 2010 at 10:16 pm

thanks for such a lovely write up. what great room/corsage pairings!!
    we love decor8!!

• Reply Shabby Chic April 17, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Stunning, I love the contrast of her hair colour and the head pieces.