Rooms Inspired By Corsages

You can be inspired by so many different things from the wings of a bird to a corsage on your blouse! Ban.do is a small business that specializes in creating beautiful corsages and other decorative pieces to embellish your wardrobe — it’s exciting to peruse their website because you can always find something lovely but you also can find inspiration for your next decorating project! How so? Take inspiration from the colors, patterns and textures and translate those things into a room — it’s all about letting your imagination play and giving yourself the freedom to explore something new — who would have thought that a brooch pinned on a vintage dress could inspire a wall of plates? But it can.

Bando

These images above, paired with the corsages, were not inspired by work of ban.do — though I’ve paired them to appear as such. This is merely an example to support my point so that you get an idea as to exactly how this sort of thing works. Now it’s your turn. Here are some more lovely things from ban.do below. Perhaps you can use them to inspire a room in a your home now, or someday?

Bando

Bando
Bando

And a big P.S. — yes that model with the red hair is the lead singer Alison Sudol from A Fine Frenzy that I wrote about a few years ago after seeing her in concert. She is a doll, isn’t she?

Let your creativity run wild, inspiration is all around you if you pause for a moment to simply see it.

(images: plates: shannon fricke, bed with child: vogue living tear, all others: ban.do)

Posted by decor8 in fashion + accessories, inspiration on August 13, 2010

1. palefoot commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 12:51pm

wow. all the things i love wrapped into one post. corsages, ban.do and old heart new soul. i love head accessories. thanks for posting!!

2. palefoot commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 12:53pm

palefoot´s last blog post ..house of harlow ring giveaway!!

3. mnemonique commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 1:52pm

This girl is so lovely. And these cute attractors make her even more adorable! Have a great weekend!
    mnemonique´s last blog post ..Baletnica – Ballet dancer

4. laura trevey commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 2:56pm

I love the inspiration from corsage to interiors!! These are wonderful!
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Bright Bold and Beautiful- Haven and Home

5. Kristan commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 3:15pm

I knew she looked familiar! Not only is she gorgeous and striking, but her music is excellent.
    Kristan´s last blog post ..Then I heard your heart beating- you were in the darkness too so I stayed in the darkness with you

6. jeska commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 3:21pm

lovely headbands and oh the most beautiful hair ever.

7. Post-College Working Girl commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 4:32pm

Ah I love Alison…I was about to ask if you hadn’t said it was her…just watched the “almost lovers” video again last night!
    Post-College Working Girl´s last blog post ..Do It Yoself- Antiqued and Painted Wood Coffee Table

8. La Belle Vie commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 4:45pm

I love them! I have a huge love of wrist corsages myself. ; )
    La Belle Vie´s last blog post ..Tree Hugger

9. handmadeflowers commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 5:15pm

You are my daily dose of inspirations every morning, love the look. thanks so much.
    handmadeflowers´s last blog post ..Chiffon flower bobby pin hair Accessories

10. Christine commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 5:45pm

Great post! I love the creativity mashup!! So pretty :)

Happy Weekend!!
    Christine´s last blog post ..bear hug- French Connection

11. Cynthia Schelzig....Cynnie commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 7:49pm

Wow,,,I think we all need that red hair:) and what lovely pretties for the clothing and hair…thanks for the tips!

12. Jaime commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 9:16pm

This is such a cute post! Ban do has such pretty pieces :)

13. Torrie @ a place to share... commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 9:50pm

I love these types of accessories, because they really MAKE an outfit- especially one that would otherwise be very simple.

thanks for sharing… and happy weekend:).
    Torrie @ a place to share…´s last blog post ..The late summer terrain – Part 2

14. hena tayeb commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 10:02pm

the headpieces are gorgeous.. i want one now!
    hena tayeb´s last blog post ..Where do the days go

15. jennifer ramos commented
    August 13th, 2010 at 11:02pm

Ohhh those are NICE!!! :)))))

jennifer ramos´s last blog post ..Your Weekend

16. Lorajean commented
    August 14th, 2010 at 9:21am

I love being inspired by random things like this! I have been watching Design Star on HGTV & it always makes me look at what inspires me and how I can be inspired by something I never normally would be inspired by. I wish some one would hand me some money and say “Lorajean, design a room inspired by that teal sequin bow tie!” Or maybe they would say design a room by only shopping at the office supply store or something! :) that would be so neat! Thanks for all the inspiring posts!

17. Desha commented
    August 14th, 2010 at 3:45pm

I vote for Let Them Eat Cake. Oh, how wonderful to wear this in my hair!!! Want it!!!
    Desha´s last blog post ..Portsmouth- NH Mini City Guide

18. Kat commented
    August 14th, 2010 at 8:12pm

Totally love this post Holly!
    It’s so true that fashion can inspire interiors.
    I was looking at the models hair thinking of it as so like the girl from A fine frenzy (who’s cd I bought after readin your post on her all that time ago!) and then low and behold you mention that it is Alison!
    Gorgeous,and so is Bando of course.
    Kat x
    Kat´s last blog post ..Blog Love- Fryd and design

19. decor8 commented
    August 15th, 2010 at 12:07pm

I’m so happy that everyone seemed to enjoy this post and I hope it gave you a little creative spark!

20. ban.do kelly commented
    August 20th, 2010 at 10:16pm

thanks for such a lovely write up. what great room/corsage pairings!!
    we love decor8!!

21. Shabby Chic commented
    April 17th, 2012 at 3:17pm

Stunning, I love the contrast of her hair colour and the head pieces.
    Shabby Chic´s last blog post ..Your kitchen reno- back splashes