Travel

Happy Weekend!

August 14, 2010

Here I am wishing wonderful you a great weekend! Thank you for visiting me on decor8 this week, your visits and comments mean so much to me and as I’m on some serious deadlines right now with the book and the only breaks I have are when I read your sweet notes on my site or in my inbox. So thank you for being such good friends. :)  I’m currently working on a special section in the book that I know you will find helpful but I’m so, so busy with Decorate right now that I feel this such a wacky mix of emotions currently! Right now I want to finish up and see the final product and then, show you because I’m a blogger — I want to show and tell NOW not in months to come! ha ha! There are so many details and bits that I am holding back on because I simply cannot tell you now but when I can, I have many lovely stories from what I learned doing this project, who I met, all of it!

Happy Weekend!

Happy Weekend!

Happy Weekend!

Happy Weekend!

What will you do this weekend? I’ll be at a flea market in the morning and then going out with my friend for a few hours, but then I need to write more and start working on the e-course materials for the next class. I also need to get some estimates for movers, we are hiring out (you get to a certain age where it no longer works to call your friends to help you — they either all have bad backs now or kids, LOL, sigh – aging!) so we have to hire a moving company to basically move us around the corner but hey, I just want to get packed and get out at this point because I am so ready to move into our new home.

See you on Monday and have a very nice and hopefully relaxing weekend!

xo, Holly

(Images: Dit, a place we ate at in Den Bosch recently with our lovely friends.)

26 Comments

• Reply Torrie @ a place to share... August 14, 2010 at 1:46 am

Holly,

Your weekend sounds like it will be a working one, but with a little flea market fun mixed in. Hopefully you get to have many other little moments of fun in between the to-do’s.

Look forward to hearing about your flea market finds. I have never been to a flea market, so I’m living vicariously through you… hope you don’t mind:).

• Reply Paula Jo@Home Decor Accents August 14, 2010 at 1:51 am

Hello Holly,
    sounds like you will have a fun but also busy weekend. I can understand very well, you are all excited and anxious getting moved into your new home. Moving is always a lot of stress and work. And like you said, we are not getting any younger. We bought our new home last year and if nothing really major is going to happen, so we will live here to the end of our days I hope.
    Well, what concerns my weekend, so I hardly can’t believe it myself but we really have planned on having a very relaxing weekend and we will go fishing and spend the night in a small river house together with some friends. Once we will be back home, we have planned on taking it easy too. On Sunday evening we might spend some time sitting outside on our patio and to enjoy a couple of cold drinks. I just wished for the high heat here in the Houston area to break a bit. That would make the weekend even more enjoyable.
    So take care and I’m looking forward reading your next posts next week.
    Paula Jo

• Reply shari @ little blue deer August 14, 2010 at 4:38 am

Oh, good luck with everything! This looks like a lovely place for a break, yum!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente August 14, 2010 at 5:24 am

What a beautiful little cafe/restaurant! Love the soft colors…I hope you have a beautiful weekend too hun. I know you must be CRAZY busy but, what an amazing thing you are doing! Hope you get some rest & relaxation. Have a great time at the flea market! :)
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang August 14, 2010 at 5:57 am

Happy weekend! I am relly hoping to get some Anthro time!

• Reply Holly of So Chic Decor August 14, 2010 at 6:17 am

Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you! Hope it’s a good one!

• Reply Lorrie Everitt August 14, 2010 at 6:33 am

I’d love to be at a flea market this weekend … unfortunately I’m stuck in the city on saturday so I can take my daughter to a two hour birthday party in the middle of the afternoon … then we will be driving two hours to go to the cottage for another child’s birthday party saturday night! Oh … and Sunday afternoon will be the third birthday party for another child … at least it is near the cottage too.

• Reply island girl August 14, 2010 at 9:11 am

a walk on the beach, my dose of almond gelato, a sunday with island family whipping up this weekend’s culinary theme (indian) & poetry night! :)

happy weekend!

• Reply laura trevey August 14, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Have a lovely weekend ~ sounds like a busy one :)

xo Laura

• Reply Kristy Smolkovich August 14, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Holly, your new home is going to be lovely. I’m so excited for you. You are a very inspiring person and I really enjoy visiting your blog. Also I can’t wait to see your book.

• Reply Casa e Cose August 14, 2010 at 9:06 pm

What a great place! I love the ceramics under the bar. And the colors..pistachio and pink!
    Good luck with the book – want to read it now!

• Reply Nicole August 14, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Holly,
    I’m so excited and happy for you! Your new apartment/home looks amazing. I know you have been struggling with having a “home”. I completely understand and I feel the joy you are experiencing. I love how you acknowledge that this is what you wanted even when it comes with letting go of other things. That is such an important lesson to realize that we ask for things which sometimes means letting go of something else. But it’s worth it!! The life you have now is proof of that. Keep sharing it with all of us, I enjoy it so much!

• Reply decor8 August 15, 2010 at 12:04 pm

@Nicole – Oh this is nice to hear, thank you dear Nicole.

• Reply Kirsten August 14, 2010 at 11:27 pm

That restaurant looks very pretty! I will go and check it out, next time I’m in Den Bosch. What did you think of the city? I always love it there, the people are so friendly that it feels like you are in a big village.

• Reply Becs August 15, 2010 at 12:52 am

Ohhhh I love greens and blues in those pics…yummy!

• Reply mijk August 15, 2010 at 4:26 pm

A bif design hsop in Gro ningen is celebrating it’s 100ths birthdayand has asked their customers to send in pictures of their interiors with their purchases. I thought you’d love to take a peak abnd these normal dutch interiors…

• Reply mijk August 15, 2010 at 4:28 pm

I left my brains at the beach.. The link is:

• Reply Elli D. August 15, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Good choice. With moving companies everything usually goes much faster than with solely friends helping. Yes, it is less fun but it indeed is more rational. By the way, I checked out the pics and your new home looks great so far, so full of light. No wonder you are ready to move there.

• Reply Erin August 15, 2010 at 11:23 pm

Enjoying a slow and lazy weekend at home in Cambridge. Hoping to get all my materials to start a new art project. Good luck with finding movers and starting the process of a move. We recently went though it and it’s exhausting. Remember, one step at a time. And don’t pack your boxes too heavy!

• Reply theaxx August 16, 2010 at 2:23 am

Oh yes, there’s no place like home, especially when you’ve been searching as long as you guys have. Very exciting lady!! Good luck with the move!!

thea.
    xx

(spoonful)

• Reply Kaho August 16, 2010 at 2:55 am

You’re amazing. I don’t know how you manage everything you do! I can’t even post as often as you do on my blog and I only have one blog site. I went to a cafe and gallery in Jakarta, Indonesia. I thought of you since I thought that you might like this place. I love modern Indonesian designs. It’s quite inspiring to be in Jakarta and see all the stylish cafes, restaurants and galleries. Maybe one day you might visit…? :) Kaho

• Reply heather August 17, 2010 at 7:22 pm

This cafe looks amazing! I love the decor. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply nina August 22, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Hey, you were here! I live in Den Bosch and hang out at Dit pretty often! ;)

• Reply decor8 August 23, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Nina – I did not know you lived there, I would have asked you to come out with us. Too bad. We went with Yvonne and Boo.

• Reply Maggie January 24, 2011 at 3:18 pm

The place looks great! I love the color combination and the
    simplicity of the materials…Great post!

• Reply Jacques August 20, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Thanks for posting our restaurant at your site! We hope you will come visit us again!