Etsy Take Five Tuesday: Vintage/Modern

Today for Etsy Take Five Tuesday I have a little vintage, a little modern, and a lot of pretty things for you to look at and hopefully fave! Here are my top five shop picks for the week. I hope that you enjoy them.

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays
Alice Wingerden lives and collects lovely vintage things in Rochester, NY for Looking Glass House, an inspiring shop packed with carefully curated finds.

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays
Mom Jill and her 5-year-old daughter Bella have a sweet mother daughter shop called le Vintage Maison where you can find all sorts of vintage things, mostly for the home. Some items are sold in collections, which is always fun because you can buy the whole she-bang in one click!

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays
I think I could feature the amazing Leah Duncan every week and never tire of her work. Sadly, I have yet to actually own anything from Leah but I think once I move and settle in to my new place I’ll pick up some goodies. I’m swooning currently over her scarf and some of her latest pillows shown above. Ah Leah, you are such a great designer and artist!

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays
The clever husband and wife design duo who make up Uncommon are just sooo genius. I really like their clean, modern look and feel and I keep coming back to their white wood chandelier — I have no clue where I’d put it or why I love it so much, I just do. It’s a great silhouette I guess and who knows, I could find some use for it — even just to look adorable and only that!

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays
Jen is a graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design with her BFA in Jewelry and Metals. Her shop, Quench Metal Works, is a lovely blend of old and new that may intrigue you as much as it did me!

(images: linked to their sources above, all layouts by decor8)

Posted by decor8 in etsy, Etsy Take 5 Tuesday on August 17, 2010

1. Leeta commented
    August 17th, 2010 at 6:25pm

Love these!

2. pilli pilli commented
    August 17th, 2010 at 6:28pm

Great picks overall, but the topper is Quench Metal Works!

I adore that butterfly pendant and she has some really impressive rings in her shop too! Time to start asking my man for some diamonds… I always said I didn’t want them, that I’m more of a ‘big stone ring kinda gal’ , but the way this artist uses them, I can definitely see them being my best friends!!! And boy, will my boy be happy… :D

*hearts*
    pilli pilli
    pilli pilli´s last blog post ..the truth about bunnies

3. Sandra Kuwartowski commented
    August 17th, 2010 at 6:47pm

I like those wooden doily coasters by “Uncommon”. First I thought they lasercut out of fabric but it`s all made of wood! Then I looked at the shop of “Vintage Maison” and found matching polka dotted vintage drinking glasses decorated with a printed lace border on it. Beautiful shops!

4. Victoria Bennett Beyer commented
    August 17th, 2010 at 7:02pm

Nice finds, as always. I love the funky jewelry from Quench Metal Works. It really gives those lovely old bits new life without being too precious.

5. Jacquelynn commented
    August 17th, 2010 at 7:29pm

Wow! I’m a big jewelry fan! Quench Metal Works jewelry is very original… Thanks for sharing!
    Jacquelynn´s last blog post ..12 Pantry Items Every Aspiring Baker Must Have

6. My Owl Barn commented
    August 17th, 2010 at 7:58pm

I am loving all these stores! My instant favorite are those gray cups and that doll by Looking Glass House.
    My Owl Barn´s last blog post ..The Happy Owls by Celestino Piatti

7. BohèmeCircus commented
    August 17th, 2010 at 8:19pm

I like very much the hues of grey of these little cups of tea in the first photo. And now, I’m dreaming to drink a jasmin tea in a soft decor :)
    BohèmeCircus´s last blog post ..MiniLabo-002

8. nicedd commented
    August 17th, 2010 at 8:25pm

Visually very comfortable. . .

9. laura trevey commented
    August 17th, 2010 at 8:53pm

I love Quench Metal works… and I have a thing for butterflies!
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Cool Clutches and Cat Eyes Fall Fashion 2010

10. Christine commented
    August 17th, 2010 at 9:29pm

These are some amazing picks – I have linked over to every single shop!!
    Happy Shopping everyone!
    Christine´s last blog post ..Anthropologie love letters

11. daniela commented
    August 17th, 2010 at 10:46pm

your corner is inspiring! love these!!!
    daniela´s last blog post ..EU PRECISO

12. Small Sweet Steps commented
    August 17th, 2010 at 11:05pm

I love Leah Duncan’s work. She is a huge inspiration to me. I have been wanting to print on fabric for so long. I think I am finally going to go for it.
    Small Sweet Steps´s last blog post ..My Awesome Sister-in-Law

13. jacaranda Designs commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 12:52am

Everything is lovely but I really, really like the Quench Metals Works. Very unique designs.
    jacaranda Designs´s last blog post ..Jacaranda Mauve and Green Floral Posy Bracelet

14. Penny Patten commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 2:34am

oooooo metal works!
    Penny Patten´s last blog post ..My Newest Publications

15. Leah commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 4:17am

Thank you so much Holly. : )

16. lana @ make a house a home commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 5:15am

glorious picks! our home now officially needs some new treasures!

17. Jessica @ Reclaimed Marketplace commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 6:25am

I love the quench metals as well! They would work really well on Reclaimed Marketplace a new place to buy and sell all things eco-friendly!

Ps: I so love this blog!
    Jessica @ Reclaimed Marketplace´s last blog post ..guess who came over!

18. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 6:30am

Oh, your layouts are so beautiful! I love the Looking Glass House!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Back to School With Purpose

19. Lily commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 7:00am

Lovely shops! Definitely some new Etsy favorites for me here!

20. Stephanie commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 8:55am

I am in love… you have the most inspirational posts!

Stephanie´s last blog post ..desperately in need of

21. Casa e Cose commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 12:00pm

Oh i want a pillow to from Lean Duncan! Beautifull work. Etsy is the best letting all us poor artists come out and show our work and have a possibility to actually reach customers thorough excellent bloggers like you!
    Casa e Cose´s last blog post ..…so lucky

22. lady a. commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 1:38pm

I love Quench Metal Works, such an amazing things.

23. Alice W. commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 2:31pm

What an honor…thanks so much for featuring my shop here! I was wondering where all the traffic was coming from yesterday ;) I sold three of the items featured here…so thank you so much!
    Alice W.´s last blog post ..the loves of my life

24. Sue commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 2:51pm

Love those coasters from uncommon. So pretty!
    Sue´s last blog post ..Perfect Parasols

25. Hanna commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 5:30pm

I love uncommon, it’s so hard to find nice modern clocks that are still interesting.
    Hanna´s last blog post ..Jennifer

26. Victoria commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 5:48pm

I’m so glad I found your blog! And this collection you put together is gorgeous!

27. handmadeflowers commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 6:14pm

Love Jen work at Quench metal works, will have to take a look.
    handmadeflowers´s last blog post ..Chiffon Flower Hair pins accessories with a crystals and beads

28. Gertie and Pearl commented
    August 18th, 2010 at 8:31pm

Hi Aunty Jill, we love your shop and keep up the great work, Love, us.

29. Fern Cloud commented
    August 19th, 2010 at 12:33am

I love the unique items that are offered by leVintage Maison, very good for the picky vintage shopper.

30. Manette commented
    August 19th, 2010 at 9:26am

I love the Quench Metal Works vintage button jewelry. How creative, simple yet elegant. Just my style.
    Manette´s last blog post ..Indian Inspired Aqua Blue Tiered Sea Glass Necklace and Earring Set

31. hena tayeb commented
    August 19th, 2010 at 9:59pm

loving Quench Metal works.. gorgeous work.
    hena tayeb´s last blog post ..Where do the days go

32. lucy snowe commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 3:58am

LOVE…quench metal works….beyond gorgeous!!!

33. Cat Ivins commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 9:48pm

All gorgeous picks- I especially love Jen’s work at Quench Metalworks- she is amazing!

34. nancy monsebroten commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 5:43pm

Lovely choices….especially drawn to the work of Jen at Quensh Metal.

35. Jen commented
    August 24th, 2010 at 2:54am

Thank you, thank, you, thank you for featuring my work!!! Reading these comments is uplifting and inspiring.

Jen, aka Quench

36. deborah dean commented
    August 30th, 2010 at 9:13pm

Just discovered TakeFiveTuesday and glad that I have! I love the blending of new and old in this installment and am especially taken with Leah Duncan’s pillows…so fresh!
    Now to go back and see what I’ve been missing!