Shopping + Products

Factory 20: Vintage Heaven!

August 17, 2010

Hello everyone! How are you today? I was just reading the House Doctor blog and found this great store based out of Virginia called Factory 20 that I must share with you. It’s my new obsession and I wish it were nearby because I’d go a little bonkers shopping there. I noticed though that they schedule deliveries to NYC every so often, but it’s still a little far for me here in Germany! Ha!

Factory 20: Vintage Heaven!

(I must have this tressel table for a mini cocktail bar. Imagine it with lovely etched vintage glasses, mismatched, and a few pretty bottles of alcohol (like Bombay Sapphire because it has the best color and bottle ever – I barely drink but like it around for guests) along with a little bowl of fresh lemons and some pretty fabric cocktail napkins in a variety of vintage patterns?)

But I shouldn’t cry about Factory 20 being in Virginia with me in Germany because locally we have the wonderfully curated shop ComingHome (I photographed one of their showrooms here awhile back). Plus, I’m close to the Netherlands and Belgium (I was just there a few weeks ago in fact) so I simply need to spend a weekend flea marketing and see what I can find. I’m currently looking for a vintage Dutch dropleaf gateleg table in white… And I want a long vintage work table for my new office this one from Belgium — I love the drawers and the wavy skirt! I also want a tressel table to use as a mini bar — just like the one shown above. I’m sad that Factory 20 is in America because they are sitting on three tables that I would buy right now if they were local. Wahhh. Oh well, I guess my American readers are in luck today!

Factory 20: Vintage Heaven!

Factory 20: Vintage Heaven!

I love these minty green chairs and can totally see them paired with a zinc top round cafe table for a kitchen.

Factory 20: Vintage Heaven!

Isn’t she darling? She’d look great in a kitchen nook with those minty green chairs shown above!

Factory 20: Vintage Heaven!

Factory 20: Vintage Heaven!

Factory 20: Vintage Heaven!

About Factory 20, “Factory 20 is a multi-disciplinary art and design collective which strives to create an ever-evolving nonlinear consumer lifestyles collection. Discovering intrinsically valuable decorative arts and furnishings to convey a different impression of 20th century design. Reclaiming salvaged materials, using uncommon combinations and adhering to modernist tenets we are confident that we can give to you the unexpected and the unforgettable.”

I think they definitely are bringing the unexpected and unforgettable – lovely things!

P.S. If you are looking for prop rentals, they can help you!

(images: factory 20)

You Might Also Like

23 Comments

• Reply Eric August 17, 2010 at 2:13 pm

What a great find! And they are in the USA too! Lucky us!

• Reply Piper (DailyDivaDish) August 17, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Factory 20 looks like an amazing place! I wish I was a little closer. And you’re so right about the Bombay Sapphire bottle. The first time I bought it was just because I liked the bottle so much!
    XO Piper

• Reply michelle August 17, 2010 at 3:03 pm

you are right, totally drooling. especially over that scallop edged table

• Reply laura trevey August 17, 2010 at 3:04 pm

I love the distressed look on furniture…. wonderful find!

• Reply Balazs August 17, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Wonderful furniture, but it is such a gallery in Europe, near Germany, German and English-language site:

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente August 17, 2010 at 3:30 pm

oh wow….no kidding! Their finds are so gorgeous! Love it, thanks for the introduction hun!
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Mandy August 17, 2010 at 3:55 pm

I love this store …. and how great is the photography !!!

• Reply Jacilyn August 17, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Oh, wonderful tables! I love seeing your vision and how you would use things. It so fun.

• Reply Hidemi August 17, 2010 at 4:36 pm

I love white and pink tables!

• Reply Shelley August 17, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Beautiful furniture. Thank you for sharing! A drive down to virginia may be in order…

• Reply Jane August 17, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Adorable stuff, but SO expensive… Love the tressel table though ;)

• Reply Ickemixe August 17, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Great place! I totally love the “Madame” :) And thanks @Balazs for the hint …

• Reply Nuit August 17, 2010 at 6:12 pm

I love the tables and chairs sooo very MUCH ?

• Reply Tina August 17, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Hello!
    Beautiful! and thinking that each one has its story! …
    Wonderful

TINA (Sonhar e Realizar)

• Reply Diana L August 17, 2010 at 7:17 pm

I am in love. Guess I am a sucker for this look. Must be why I love the well worn look of sea glass. It just get better with age! Yum!

• Reply sunny August 17, 2010 at 9:10 pm

I saw this on House Doctor too! LOVE IT. Then realized the photos look familiar. I had just stumbled on Modern50 over the weekend while researching a vintage coat rack I bought last week at a thrift store. And Factory20 looks just like Modern50. Turns out the owners of both sites work together in business….so the photography is similar.

Here’s my post on Modern50. LOVE the photography on the sites. LOVE it. (wanna hug it and keep it as a pet – that’s how much I love it).

• Reply Holly W August 17, 2010 at 9:23 pm

LOVE that podium table, as well as a lot of other furniture on their site. It’s too bad that I’m on the opposite coast!

• Reply Jessica @ Reclaimed Marketplace August 18, 2010 at 6:37 am

Im so glad you posted this!! I came across this site about a year ago and then have wondered how to get back to it ever since! Thank you!

• Reply Dolly August 18, 2010 at 6:45 am

my parents had those minty chairs and my parents are like 50, so the chairs must be old! heheh!

• Reply Interior Design Jerusalem August 18, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Everything here looks lovely!

• Reply the fabled needle (jen) August 19, 2010 at 7:24 pm

wow, i wish i had a need for more furniture right now! i especially love the table with the scalloped edges and the peach one with spindly legs.

• Reply cassie August 21, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Yeah, I love looking at factory 20’s website too, but their items are beyond expensive for what they are. Some of the smaller things can be found on ebay for less than a quarter of what they’re asking for them. I would think that if you really like a larger furniture piece you could also find it elsewhere for much, much less. They’re obviously really trying to cash in on the current vintage industrial look, just like all the mid century resellers out there who ask an arm and a leg for a beat up credenza. The site is definitely eye candy, but look elsewhere for better deals.

• Reply Kristine November 27, 2010 at 2:46 am

Very overpriced items! I would seriously consider doing your home-work before laying down a penny. I can speak from personal experience that these items are purchased at flea markets and then increased in price by 5 fold. If you like the shabby chic look, then I guess it’s interesting to peruse their website. They have the charm in person, but then I found myself questioning the inflated prices.