Weekend Inspiration

August 20, 2010

I’d like to wrap up this beautiful week with some final inspiration! It’s always fun to celebrate the arrival of the weekend so I’ve carefully selected some special places for you to see that I feel celebrate home, relaxation, friendship and beauty. All things that I love… And hopefully some in which you will connect to and enjoy as much as I do.

Weekend Inspiration
{Joo Joo, Samantha Hahn, MAV, Fine Day Press.}

Weekend Inspiration

{Glimpses of Rachel Ashwell’s London apartment in Lonny mag. These are all objects I would use to decorate my own home.}

Weekend Inspiration
{The always inspiring Skona Hem. The gray/almost periwinkle cabinet is lovely and I love the abstract floral painting too. The colors! Oh my! They are so warm and inviting.}

Weekend Inspiration

{These are some beautiful photos that really look but also feel like how a weekend should be… This amazing photography is by Catherine Gratwicke.}

Weekend Inspiration

{My favorite views from the home of Cath Kidston as seen in Lonny mag. I love the mantle most of all.}

Weekend Inspiration

{Oh, and this image also from Lonny… I love what Cath says here, “It’s very nice to be called the queen of something, isn’t it?.” So true!}

I hope these lovely images make the beginning of your weekend a lovely one. I will meet you back here on Monday with more inspirations and decorating tips and ideas for a brand new week of eye candy just for you!

And remember… the Blogging Your Way e-course is now accepting students who do not currently have a blog as well as the seasoned bloggers who need some inspiration and ideas. To learn more about the e-class, please visit this website. To enroll, you may click here. Leslie and I hope to see you in class, we’ll have a fun time together!

See you on Monday!

(images: linked to their sources above)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Jen August 20, 2010 at 7:22 pm

So light & airy…I especially like the slipcovered chair (white, breezy fabric). I could use that on a couple of my chairs or sure:)

Check out my weekend inspiration at http://1bellastager.wordpress.com/2010/08/20/weekend-inspiration-coconut-cream-coffee-creamer/

Blessings & thank you for the work that you do!

• Reply Kat August 20, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Oooh such prettiness, thanks for gathering these all together for us Holly. You are the Queen of sourcing interior decor (bit of a mouthful but still, it’s v true!!) maybe shorten it to the Queen of Decor (8)

Lonny looks a fab magazine, I hadn’t heard of it before will go follow the links. :)
    love Kat x

• Reply Sandra Kuwartowski August 20, 2010 at 8:16 pm

These wallpapers, cushions and dishes are all so cheerful – what a nice start to the week-end. My favorite picture by Cathrine Gratwick shows black and white ornamental tiles with a pastel blue-grey jar and an italian coffeemaker – I just feel like sitting down and have a cup of coffee – so relaxing!

• Reply Victory Garden Yarn August 20, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Oh, I’ve not heard of Lonny Magazine either! Yessss, I love new mag recommendations!

I am really enamored with the flowers around Cath Kidston’s doorway, they almost look real!

• Reply Ashleigh Clark August 20, 2010 at 9:19 pm

I wish I could see more of the mantle in the second set of pictures. It looks amazing!

• Reply Torrie @ a place to share... August 20, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Happy weekend to YOU as well, and thank you for your endless INSPIRATION throughout the week and into the weekend, when for me, the inspiration has a chance to ‘come to life.’

• Reply M by M August 20, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Wonderfull inspration ~ as always
    Happy weekend <3

• Reply laura trevey August 20, 2010 at 9:52 pm

beautiful inspiration… happy weekend

• Reply laura trevey August 20, 2010 at 9:52 pm

beautiful inspiration ~ happy weekend

• Reply viv August 20, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Love the post, inspirational indeed!!

• Reply Hickory August 20, 2010 at 10:53 pm

I love to see everyone’s personality shine through in their homes – this post is great inspiration. Finding your own unique style and then implementing it in a way that meets your budget will make your home that much more inviting. Have a great weekend everyone!

• Reply Milk and Honey Home August 20, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Have a great weekend….you know, I gotta say, you have the prettiest blog out there. It is always full of eye candy & goodness.

• Reply La Belle Vie August 20, 2010 at 11:36 pm

I love the floral wall paper. There is something so joyous about it!

You find the most stunning photo’s Holly. These are gorgeous!!

Jessa xx

• Reply April August 20, 2010 at 11:50 pm

Thanks for sharing this inspiration….so lovely….made me smile at the end of the week :)

• Reply Lori August 21, 2010 at 12:31 am

What lovely inspirations! I love the abstract floral painting too and the print from Fine Day Press. Of course all of it is perfectly lovely!!

• Reply Linz August 21, 2010 at 2:02 am

ohhhh my. i am totally inspired to decorate my new space soon!!!! thanks for the inspiration and have an awesome weekend!

• Reply Penny Patten August 21, 2010 at 2:34 am

P for Pink! Pretty wallpaper and so much more! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Emma August 21, 2010 at 3:40 am

wow – I love the flowers painted around the mantle. Done the wrong way it could look really try-hard, but it’s spot-on!

• Reply alexis August 21, 2010 at 3:54 am

hooray! you pulled almost all of the same pieces that I snagged from Lonny mag too. In my dream world, Rachel Ashwell & Cath Kidston would design my tea shop. Maybe one day…

• Reply The Shutter August 21, 2010 at 4:04 am

So so pretty. Happy weekend.

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang August 21, 2010 at 5:14 am

I love the love pillow! :)

• Reply BODIE and FOU August 21, 2010 at 7:22 am

So many inspiring shots, thanks Holly

My head is in the clouds…I’ve met Jacqueline Morabito during my holidays and still cant believe how lucky I am to have met such a wonderful and talented woman.

• Reply kt August 21, 2010 at 7:58 am

Holly, thank you I was super inspired by these photos I have been a long time fan of kathy kidston (I have read all of her books) so i loved seeing bits of her home!

• Reply La pauvre conne August 21, 2010 at 9:52 am

very beautiful blog !!

• Reply sunny August 21, 2010 at 11:04 am

loving the skona hem images!

Happy weekend to you!!

• Reply lilouka pour JojO August 21, 2010 at 12:58 pm

votre blog est un vrai régal pour mes yeux …

• Reply Piper (DailyDivaDish) August 21, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Such gorgeous images! Especially the stacks of books. I love it when beautiful books are part of the decor. Have a fantastic weekend!
    XO Piper

• Reply Afi August 21, 2010 at 11:33 pm

Wonderful photos! And OMG!! My painting is on top of your list!!! YAYYY!!! Thanks a lot Holly! Big big hugs!! xoxo + Have a wonderful weekend! :)

• Reply susan August 22, 2010 at 6:30 pm

beautiful inspiration! i love all the soft colors! susan

• Reply oisive August 22, 2010 at 9:42 pm

love all of these photos ! it’s so cute as always, thank you :-)

• Reply dana August 22, 2010 at 10:58 pm

hi there. i LOVE the font at the beginning of this post. what is it called?

• Reply Jess (Where My Heart Is) August 23, 2010 at 1:20 am

I LOVE Kath Kidson’s home from the Lonny Mag – gorgeous!!!

• Reply Stephanie August 23, 2010 at 7:02 am

I love how white is so in for interior design at the moment- it makes everything light and welcoming!

• Reply lady a. August 23, 2010 at 1:54 pm

I have fallen head over heels for those pillows from the last photo. Beautiful!

• Reply brittni August 24, 2010 at 3:00 am

I am so in love with Lonny magazine right now. Such amazing decor inspiration.

• Reply s. August 24, 2010 at 3:40 am

ok i am SO. INSPIRED. great post. love it!

• Reply Debbie Dusenberry August 26, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Rachel Ashwell was the inspiration for starting my own retail business. She is the Queen of something!