Weekend Inspiration

I’d like to wrap up this beautiful week with some final inspiration! It’s always fun to celebrate the arrival of the weekend so I’ve carefully selected some special places for you to see that I feel celebrate home, relaxation, friendship and beauty. All things that I love… And hopefully some in which you will connect to and enjoy as much as I do.

Weekend Inspiration
{Joo Joo, Samantha Hahn, MAV, Fine Day Press.}

Weekend Inspiration

{Glimpses of Rachel Ashwell’s London apartment in Lonny mag. These are all objects I would use to decorate my own home.}

Weekend Inspiration
{The always inspiring Skona Hem. The gray/almost periwinkle cabinet is lovely and I love the abstract floral painting too. The colors! Oh my! They are so warm and inviting.}

Weekend Inspiration

{These are some beautiful photos that really look but also feel like how a weekend should be… This amazing photography is by Catherine Gratwicke.}

Weekend Inspiration

{My favorite views from the home of Cath Kidston as seen in Lonny mag. I love the mantle most of all.}

Weekend Inspiration

{Oh, and this image also from Lonny… I love what Cath says here, “It’s very nice to be called the queen of something, isn’t it?.” So true!}

I hope these lovely images make the beginning of your weekend a lovely one. I will meet you back here on Monday with more inspirations and decorating tips and ideas for a brand new week of eye candy just for you!

And remember… the Blogging Your Way e-course is now accepting students who do not currently have a blog as well as the seasoned bloggers who need some inspiration and ideas. To learn more about the e-class, please visit this website. To enroll, you may click here. Leslie and I hope to see you in class, we’ll have a fun time together!

See you on Monday!

(images: linked to their sources above)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on August 20, 2010

1. Jen commented
    August 20th, 2010 at 7:22pm

So light & airy…I especially like the slipcovered chair (white, breezy fabric). I could use that on a couple of my chairs or sure:)

Check out my weekend inspiration at http://1bellastager.wordpress.com/2010/08/20/weekend-inspiration-coconut-cream-coffee-creamer/

Blessings & thank you for the work that you do!
    Jen

2. Kat commented
    August 20th, 2010 at 7:42pm

Oooh such prettiness, thanks for gathering these all together for us Holly. You are the Queen of sourcing interior decor (bit of a mouthful but still, it’s v true!!) maybe shorten it to the Queen of Decor (8)

Lonny looks a fab magazine, I hadn’t heard of it before will go follow the links. :)
    love Kat x
    Kat´s last blog post ..Dance with me

3. Sandra Kuwartowski commented
    August 20th, 2010 at 8:16pm

These wallpapers, cushions and dishes are all so cheerful – what a nice start to the week-end. My favorite picture by Cathrine Gratwick shows black and white ornamental tiles with a pastel blue-grey jar and an italian coffeemaker – I just feel like sitting down and have a cup of coffee – so relaxing!

4. Victory Garden Yarn commented
    August 20th, 2010 at 9:03pm

Oh, I’ve not heard of Lonny Magazine either! Yessss, I love new mag recommendations!

I am really enamored with the flowers around Cath Kidston’s doorway, they almost look real!

5. Ashleigh Clark commented
    August 20th, 2010 at 9:19pm

I wish I could see more of the mantle in the second set of pictures. It looks amazing!
    Ashleigh Clark´s last blog post ..R &amp R at a B &amp B!

6. Torrie @ a place to share... commented
    August 20th, 2010 at 9:26pm

Happy weekend to YOU as well, and thank you for your endless INSPIRATION throughout the week and into the weekend, when for me, the inspiration has a chance to ‘come to life.’
    Torrie @ a place to share…´s last blog post ..Photo editing is fun

7. M by M commented
    August 20th, 2010 at 9:27pm

Wonderfull inspration ~ as always
    Happy weekend <3

8. laura trevey commented
    August 20th, 2010 at 9:52pm

beautiful inspiration… happy weekend
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Bright Bold and Beautiful- La Dolce Vita

9. laura trevey commented
    August 20th, 2010 at 9:52pm

beautiful inspiration ~ happy weekend
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Bright Bold and Beautiful- La Dolce Vita

10. viv commented
    August 20th, 2010 at 10:49pm

Love the post, inspirational indeed!!
    viv´s last blog post ..Pirate Owl plush

11. Hickory commented
    August 20th, 2010 at 10:53pm

I love to see everyone’s personality shine through in their homes – this post is great inspiration. Finding your own unique style and then implementing it in a way that meets your budget will make your home that much more inviting. Have a great weekend everyone!

12. Milk and Honey Home commented
    August 20th, 2010 at 11:10pm

Have a great weekend….you know, I gotta say, you have the prettiest blog out there. It is always full of eye candy & goodness.
    Milk and Honey Home´s last blog post ..You Know Youre Designed Obsessed

13. La Belle Vie commented
    August 20th, 2010 at 11:36pm

I love the floral wall paper. There is something so joyous about it!

You find the most stunning photo’s Holly. These are gorgeous!!

Jessa xx
    La Belle Vie´s last blog post ..The Historian and The Castle

14. April commented
    August 20th, 2010 at 11:50pm

Thanks for sharing this inspiration….so lovely….made me smile at the end of the week :)
    April´s last blog post ..8 Ways Artists Can Generate Additional Income Streams

15. Lori commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 12:31am

What lovely inspirations! I love the abstract floral painting too and the print from Fine Day Press. Of course all of it is perfectly lovely!!

16. Linz commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 2:02am

ohhhh my. i am totally inspired to decorate my new space soon!!!! thanks for the inspiration and have an awesome weekend!

17. Penny Patten commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 2:34am

P for Pink! Pretty wallpaper and so much more! Thanks for sharing!
    Penny Patten´s last blog post ..A Road Trip By The Ocean

18. Emma commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 3:40am

wow – I love the flowers painted around the mantle. Done the wrong way it could look really try-hard, but it’s spot-on!
    Emma´s last blog post ..Large Portrait Made from your photos Arrives ready to hang Comes with free mini portrait

19. alexis commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 3:54am

hooray! you pulled almost all of the same pieces that I snagged from Lonny mag too. In my dream world, Rachel Ashwell & Cath Kidston would design my tea shop. Maybe one day…

20. The Shutter commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 4:04am

So so pretty. Happy weekend.
    The Shutter´s last blog post ..Blue

21. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 5:14am

I love the love pillow! :)

22. BODIE and FOU commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 7:22am

So many inspiring shots, thanks Holly

My head is in the clouds…I’ve met Jacqueline Morabito during my holidays and still cant believe how lucky I am to have met such a wonderful and talented woman.

23. kt commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 7:58am

Holly, thank you I was super inspired by these photos I have been a long time fan of kathy kidston (I have read all of her books) so i loved seeing bits of her home!
    kt
    kt´s last blog post ..the peacock with his small friend

24. La pauvre conne commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 9:52am

very beautiful blog !!

25. sunny commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 11:04am

loving the skona hem images!

Happy weekend to you!!
    sunny´s last blog post ..colors more colors

26. lilouka pour JojO commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 12:58pm

votre blog est un vrai régal pour mes yeux …
    Merci

27. Piper (DailyDivaDish) commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 4:25pm

Such gorgeous images! Especially the stacks of books. I love it when beautiful books are part of the decor. Have a fantastic weekend!
    XO Piper
    Piper (DailyDivaDish)´s last blog post ..Ivy Covered Architecture

28. Afi commented
    August 21st, 2010 at 11:33pm

Wonderful photos! And OMG!! My painting is on top of your list!!! YAYYY!!! Thanks a lot Holly! Big big hugs!! xoxo + Have a wonderful weekend! :)
    Afi´s last blog post ..Love

29. susan commented
    August 22nd, 2010 at 6:30pm

beautiful inspiration! i love all the soft colors! susan
    susan´s last blog post ..A Trip to the Market

30. oisive commented
    August 22nd, 2010 at 9:42pm

love all of these photos ! it’s so cute as always, thank you :-)
    oisive´s last blog post ..Tout de blanc vêtus

31. dana commented
    August 22nd, 2010 at 10:58pm

hi there. i LOVE the font at the beginning of this post. what is it called?

32. Jess (Where My Heart Is) commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 1:20am

I LOVE Kath Kidson’s home from the Lonny Mag – gorgeous!!!
    Jess (Where My Heart Is)´s last blog post ..Navutu Stars Resort- Fiji – Part 2

33. Stephanie commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 7:02am

I love how white is so in for interior design at the moment- it makes everything light and welcoming!

34. lady a. commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 1:54pm

I have fallen head over heels for those pillows from the last photo. Beautiful!

35. brittni commented
    August 24th, 2010 at 3:00am

I am so in love with Lonny magazine right now. Such amazing decor inspiration.
    brittni´s last blog post ..Dream Space- Glamorous Interiors

36. s. commented
    August 24th, 2010 at 3:40am

ok i am SO. INSPIRED. great post. love it!
    s.´s last blog post ..Farmers Market Finds

37. Debbie Dusenberry commented
    August 26th, 2010 at 3:22pm

Rachel Ashwell was the inspiration for starting my own retail business. She is the Queen of something!